Author Topic: I have a bad feeling about this... (Nate/open) (Read 983 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

I have a bad feeling about this... (Nate/open)
« Feb 23, 2016 0:50:42 GMT -6 »

"I really wish you were right."

That was all he'd say about that, as eventually they would arrive in the parking lot and see his car! Perhaps in need of a wash, but comfortable and obviously expensive without being over the top. Unlocking the vehicle, he'll head over and open the passenger side door for one, one of the back seat doors for the other, then go round to settle in on the driver's seat! Once everybody was settled in, he'd drive off, to either skip there this thread or for someone to make a new one!

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 14:14:28 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel climbed into the back seat and waited for everyone to load up and move out. Once they were on the way Angel would relax.

Once at the place Aaron brought them too he would get out and look around.

"So what's so great about this place?"

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 15:41:18 GMT -6 »

Nate raced to the front seat, making sure he didn't get blitzed. The car was NIIIIIIICE by his standards, his grandparents had always driven trucks and sedans.

With a grin, he played with all of the switches on the door, seeing what all of them did, even managing to turn on the seat warmers.

"Dude, I love this car."

All of the concern and confusion left him as he enjoyed playing with the car's added functions.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 18:07:52 GMT -6 »

"Thanks."

Not much to say other than a brief acknowledgement of the compliment, though he gave the new kid a bit of a brief look as he started going crazy on the various controls. He didn't like calling attention to the family money, but what harm was there in giving people a ride? New guy seemed comfortable.

"Might went to settle down on that, man," he finally said, once new guy had gone ham on the controls for a bit, not unkindly. Then he'd focus on the drive.

---

Aaron had let the others out before paying much of any attention to the pizza place, but Angel's question touched his ears and he tried to force some enthusiasm into his reply.

"Well, the actual pizza's way better than the cafeteria, for one," he said, starting to walk towards the front door, hands in pockets. Not ignoring them, just leading the way. "Friendly service, they're not slow, and to be honest? I was getting stir crazy at that damn school anyway. Worth a try, right?"

Right. A try. He somehow managed to keep the sigh internal.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 24, 2016 0:42:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel just shrugged and walked inside and started inspecting pizzas!

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 28, 2016 1:50:21 GMT -6 »

"Dude, awesome, I've never been to a real pizza place before. Not in Chicago!"

Nate went running in happily, turning and motioning for Aaron to join.

"Come on dude! You're awesome!"

Nate was literally like a five year old in his excitement. Hoping that how he felt would bleed into the crowd, and by proxy, Angel and Aaron.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 29, 2016 0:17:35 GMT -6 »

"That's the plan."

Yeah. Awesome. Too bad nobody else thought so, Aaron included. Even without everything that had happened, this guy would be a little too high-energy for him to deal with, but at least he was nice. The compliments were being laid on a little thick, but on some level he couldn't help liking there being someone who talked to him like he wasn't crap they stepped in.

Besides, he'd driven the two of them out here, he'd said he would pay for their food. He couldn't ditch now. Who does that? So he followed them, hands in pockets, expression unchanged. The interior was simple enough, brick walls, a mural of some Italian countryside to their left as they come through the doorway, tile floors, a small crowd in the dining space all chattering amongst themselves. Behind the counter there was a veritable flurry of activity, and to Angel's keen senses, the smell of cooking food and men at work would be very powerful indeed. He sees all kinds of pizzas available, deep dish, thin crust, all manner of toppings, Sicilian style, New York, Chicago, name it and it's an option. The local speciality seems to be a very thick, hearty butter-crust deep dish, referred to as the "Superpizza" - Superman emblem and all.

Clearly, the people running this shop had a sense of humour. More of one than Aaron could manage at the moment, at the very least, as he just went up to a table and pulled out a seat for himself, settling down.

"You guys order what you want. I'll think about what I'm having."

Probably nothing, but then, the smell of that pizza is starting to hit him now.

« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016 1:15:01 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 29, 2016 15:16:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel went up to the to the counter and random snippets of conversation could 've heard something about "What toppings do you have" and "Whats the largest you have" then after Everything was said done Angel would be ordering the largest pizza with EVERY topping they had in the store. Then he would turn to face the other two.

"So what're y'all gonna order?"

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 29, 2016 21:56:20 GMT -6 via mobile »

Nate grinned at all the different pizza toppings, staring through the glass divider at all the toppings and pizza dough.

"Dude, Angel, where do you put it all?"

He grinned, God was he jealous. How much he would have given to be able to eat that much pizza!

"Hey Aaron, you wanna split a deep dish? Half your toppings half mine, then maybe I'll put on a show for some of the kids!"

He was grinning towards him, ecstatic just to be there.

"Think of how happy they'd be to really see"

He did a little aur quote.

"Superman fly through the restaurant!"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 1, 2016 0:07:02 GMT -6 »

The largest pizza was the "Superpizza"! The guys behind the counter would look at Angel like he'd lost his mind, asking for literally every topping thrown on at once, but hey, customer is always right. They got to work without complaint. Aaron, meanwhile, was about to open his mouth to reply to the offer of splitting a deep dish when he was interrupted by the idea of a show.

Superman, huh? Well, the enthusiasm was something at least. Even though it was very strange that this guy suddenly knew his name, and Aaron's expression showed that thought for a moment.

"Don't worry about me, I'm not all that hungry; I'll just go up and get something if I change my mind."

Ignore the fact his stomach protested a little at his refusal. He hadn't been eating anywhere near as much since everything happened, just barely enough to keep himself going, keep his muscles from atrophying and his body from shutting down. It was funny, really; in better circumstances, he might've remembered Sarah, how he nagged her about her health and her diet and her sleeping habits, and laughed at the irony.

Still, a show? Hrm...

"I don't know about Superman, but my darkness and your... whatever you do? Maybe we could make something happen."

Maybe.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Mar 1, 2016 16:07:18 GMT -6 via mobile »

Nate grinned toward Aaron and dashed off to speak to the manager. It took only a bit of convincing to secure permission for his little show.

A few moments later he walked out grinning towards Aaron.

"We got it. I can create Superman, but my illusions are delicate, so we'll have to be careful, what can you do mate?"

He asked looking back towards the pizza toppings.

"We might even get free pizza!"

He whispered toward his new friend happily, not wanting to share with the rest of the customers.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 1, 2016 16:15:41 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel had just gotten his pizza, found a table in the corner and proceeded to chow down!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 1, 2016 21:03:26 GMT -6 »

"You were getting free pizza anyway. I'm paying, remember?"

But then, it wouldn't be the first time a place had decided Paradigm agents get to eat for free, especially in return for a show. Since war was officially declared, bars and eateries all over Chicago had announced that there'd be no charge for anyone who could prove they're either military or Paradigm. Still, it sounded like a nice deal, and far be it from him to crush someone else's spirits when his had been crushed so badly already. He knew exactly how it felt, why would he do that to someone else?

The question of power was a welcome distraction, and he gave a little nod.

"I control and generate shadows and darkness, and I can use it for a number of different purposes, in and out of combat. There's constructs I can make, for example, and I've been meaning to see if I can get more creative with it. I'm an artist, I can probably afford to start factoring that in with how I use this stuff."

In some ways, he was more Kyle Rayner than Clark Kent. Though during a brief pause in the conversation, he looked over to Angel to check on how he was doing, giving him a little nod, an unspoken invitation to say he didn't have to just sit in the corner and be a stranger if he didn't want to.

...That pizza looked really good, despite him stubbornly doing the whole "I'm not hungry" thing. Would one bite really hurt?

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Mar 8, 2016 22:41:02 GMT -6 »

Nate grinned and laughed. "We dude! We as in We eat free! Knights of the round Table remember?" He asked the shadow weaver with a grin.

"I'm going to throw up a life sized version of superman here, my illusions are very delicate alright? My illusions can't touch anything, can't manipulate the real world. If your shadows can. I want you to simply be his hands and feet, touch things, make it so that they can feel him. Be the good guy I know you are!"

Nate laughed and turned toward the rest of the crowd, ready to start a show.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 8, 2016 22:44:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel just waved at the duo figuring they could have fun with their show while he ate.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 8:31:37 GMT -6 »

Aaron was already sick of the "knights of the round table" thing, but he wasn't going to say that and crush this guy's spirits. He wasn't that mean. Bad enough that, despite his stomach's protests, he didn't really have any intention of taking this guy up on his split pizza offer.

...Well, mostly didn't.

"Yeah, my darkness can do that," he said, right to the point, brow furrowed as he mulled it over. "It would stick out like a sore thumb, though. If you made a dragon or something, I could make a knight to slay it, then we could make it look like Superman's interacting with my construct?"

The brainstorming is almost a good distraction. Almost.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 11:57:30 GMT -6 via mobile »

Nate thought about it for a few moments and nodded agreeing, his illusions were too delicate to make it actually work. His mind ticked over for a few moments before an idea struck him.

"Can you make your darkness look like Superman?" He asked eyes alight with excitement. "If you can, I can put my illusions over it, you'd Superman model, my Superman skin."

Be was obviously thinking rapidly, and it showed as his eyes darted back and forth like he was reading.

"Then I make a dragon, or Lex Luthor or something and you have Superman beat him!"

Nate grinned up at Aaron.

"We've got this man. Think of how happy the kids are gonna be!" He exclaimed with that same indomitable spirit.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 12:05:54 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel continued eating his pizza deciding it best to just ignore the two and allow them to their shenanigans.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 12:14:47 GMT -6 »

"Hrm. All right."

At that point, this guy could just use his illusions to do the whole show himself, but he didn't point that out. No need to ruin the good vibes.

...Besides, making people happy? That's a nice thought. He would shoot Angel an apologetic look, since the guy was off in the corner not being looped in, then shrug and focus on his own shadow, which would rise up and take shape into a form resembling the last son of Krypton himself, hands on hips and staring at Nate!

« Last Edit: Mar 9, 2016 12:15:44 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 12:57:24 GMT -6 via mobile »

As the shadow model of supernan rose up from the ground, he'd be enveloped in Nate's carefully crafted illusion. Every feature of America's favorite super hero would be perfect and Pristine.

"Greetings citizens!"

The shadow/illusion would call out, as Nate winked at Aaron. Ventriloquist skills were always a must as a magical after all.

"I heard that there was trouble!"

And just as he made that declaration, Lex Luthor would appear walking out of the back office! Another fun trick by the enigmatic illusionist.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 13:59:42 GMT -6 »

The more self-conscious part of Aaron couldn't believe he'd agreed to this. All the same, Luthor just standing there wasn't trouble, so he had the shadowy form underneath the illusion start walking, heading towards the counter. "Superman" would glance at "Luthor" as if making sure he wouldn't be a problem.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 14:37:10 GMT -6 via mobile »

Lex laughed that evil laugh, voiced by the illusionist, and Superman's 'skin' remained in tact.

"Come now Wonderboy I have this whole building hostage, what will you do?"

Nate turned to Aaron expectantly. He had faith in the shadow Weaver,he was after all a knight of the round table!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 14:42:24 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Superman" would look around as if using his X-ray vision to scan for any bombs or threats! He usually didn't resort to straight up violence against Luthor after all.

Aaron was leaving the dialogue up to Nate.

Quick Reply