Author Topic: I have a bad feeling about this... (Nate/open) (Read 982 times)
Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

I have a bad feeling about this... (Nate/open)
« Feb 21, 2016 1:12:51 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would be out lounging under his favorite tree. Contemplating the fact that he would be going to war... Wondered if it was as bad as everyone made it seem... Or if he would have fun.

"Lots of fun..."

Maybe he'll be able to see his full potential if he was put into high stress.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 1:15:20 GMT -6 »

Nate had wandered by a few times seeing the same guy laid out under the tree, and seeing as his friends were few and far enough in between. It seemed like a good place to start.

"Hey." He called out to the fellow. Walking over, he'd been off his crutches since the beginning of the day and he was loving his freedom.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 1:46:20 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel turned to look at the stranger approaching him. He raised an eye brow. This guy just reeked of trouble.

"Uh... Hey..."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 1:50:49 GMT -6 »

Nate stopped a few feet away from the tree motioning toward it. "That seat taken?" He asked, just as a really nice recliner seemed to appear out of nowhere next to Angel.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 2:19:33 GMT -6 »

Another scent might be picked up, though not approaching the tree so much as passing by.

Aaron would pass within visual and hearing range, the grass crushing under his feet, but didn't see them, his mind on everything to come and everything past. If he heard their little discussion was he passed by, he gave no indication. He would just go right up to the bench nearest the tree, within easy eyeshot of both men under it, and drop on it like he had walked a thousand miles.

Heedless of the company, he sighed, checked the watch he always wore, and started reading a book. All Quiet on the Western Front seemed all too appropriate for what was to come.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 9:20:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel looked over as a sofa appeared and his eyes narrowed. That chair wasn't there before... And it has no scent as if... It wasn't there. What in the hell?! He turned his gaze upon the stranger.

"Uh... Be my guest?"

He wasn't really sure what the hell was going on. But before he continued speaking he smelled a new scent. Aaron. Angel bristled but stopped and calmed himself down. He had a truce with Aaron, he was going to play nice and they were going to get along. Just because Sarah wasn't an issue any more didn't mean anything... Cause now all the directors and counselor were watching them waiting for one of the two to fuck up. Well it wouldn't be him.

Turning to look at Aaron's direction he seemed to be entertained by a book. Angel was about to call out to him when he realized he had left his guard open and there was a crazy guy with the power to summon chairs next to him.

Quickly he turned his gaze back to the stranger he prepared for a fight, just to be safe. But otherwise showed no signs of hostility only watching.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:53:39 GMT -6 via mobile »

Nate grinned at him as the chair vanished. "Sorry dude, trying to break the ice you know." He plopped down on the grass next to Angel, he had no idea Aaron was around. He wasn't the most combat aware individual. "Names Nate mate." He said with a comfortable flourish of his hand, indicating himself.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:57:19 GMT -6 »

Aaron was completely unaware he was being watched, and kept reading. Before Angel looked away, he might or might not notice the distracted expression on his face, the little tremor in his hands. That depended on how perceptive he was, and how much attention he paid in that brief time he watched.

For Aaron's part, he was hoping to lose himself in the story, but jury was out on how much success he was having.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 19:28:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Angel... Dude..."

He would say confused but trying to be polite... Technically speaking. He would look this guy over but nothing seemed out of place...

"So what brings you to paradigm?"

Angel had noticed something off about Aaron but was too confused by the stranger and rather uninterested. If Aaron wanted to be alone while dealing with something Angel would let him, he wasn't really a 'tell me about your day' kind of guy.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 23:05:38 GMT -6 »

Nate laughed, the sound free and comfortable.

"Grandparent's didn't want me practicing magic at school or around them cause I could get hurt, but paradigm is supposed to help me out with that so..."

He threw his hands out wide, fire works exploding with multicolored lights from both of his palms, nothing blinding, but way more extravagant than necessary.

"How about you?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 23:43:34 GMT -6 »

Still reading, still unaware. At least until the explosion of light not very far away, which caused him to jerk in surprise, shielding his eyes and looking especially alarmed at any red lights going off as he slammed the book shut and put it on the bench.

"Jesus, do you mind?"

No idea who this person was, though as he looked up and glowered at what looked to be the culprit, he also caught a glimpse of who was with him.

...Great. Angel. There wouldn't be any anger in his expression, when recognition flashed across his eyes, just pain.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 0:07:56 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 0:10:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel jumped at the sound and light show. He was on his feet with claws bared before he realized it wasn't an attack. He was about to speak when he heard Aaron... Great. He turned to look at Aaron and shook his head.

"He is new. No need to jump down his throat."

Not like he was one to talk, if Aaron hadn't gone off Angel probably would have. But hey, high road for the win. Turning his attention back to Nate Mate.

"I ran away from the orphanage and became a street gang lord killing any that got in my way. They recruited me in hopes to tame me. So far no success."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 2:24:38 GMT -6 »

Nate watched Angel draw out claws and get ready to just tear him apart. And just before he could react Aaron chimed in as well.

"Man guys, it's just a little fun, relax." He held up both of his hands.

"No need to try and kill me..." That comment directly aimed at Angel.

"Sounds like you had it hard. But you aren't a bad guy, just had a bad time ya know." The illusionist grinned, completely unconcerned for his own mortality, he was after all Merlin. "Always more options than just killing people who get in your way." Another happy smile.

It took him more time than he would like to have admitted to remember where he'd seen Aaron before, but he turned toward him waving. "Yo, you alright man? You didn't look so good the last time I saw you!" He called out trying to be friendly.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 2:30:14 GMT -6 »

Aaron raised an eyebrow at Angel, who really didn't have any room to argue when he'd been about to try to claw out the guy's throat, but let out a sigh instead of saying anything, rubbing his eyes.

"You're right. Sorry, newbie. Me and flashing lights, not friends. Especially red. Bad experience."

He remembered the beeping, the sphere, flinging it away from his friends, that flash that vaporised almost everything. And all those people. Imperial soldiers, the enemy, possibly bad people... but people. Men, maybe women, with friends and families and lives as complex as his own. And he'd wiped them off the face of the earth like they were nothing. By accident, but that didn't stop him from seeing it in his dreams now and then.

It didn't stop his heart from leaping into his throat when he'd seen a sudden flash of red light all over his book and hands, from the "fireworks display". It was still thundering even as he apologised, but started to settle as he heard Angel tell a bit of his backstory. Angel, who he actually knew hardly anything about.

...Huh. It explained a lot really. He ignored the question and comment, because he didn't remember enough to have any earthly idea who this kid was.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 2:31:41 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 8:31:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel retracted his claws and shrugged.

"True... But believe me when I say I have made some progress here. Done that a few months ago, and I probably would have killed you where you stand without explanation. Now, however, I have enough experience to know when and who to kill. So that's a plus I think."

Angel would look from Nate to Aaron a bit confused. They had met before? Whatever he didn't actually care one way or another. But something Nate said... What was Aaron going through and since when did he have an issue with red lights?

Shrugging it off Angel would recline against the tree again, relaxing.

"So had family issues, huh? I can sympathise. Never had a really good family myself, and none were tolerant of my abilities."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 13:28:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

Nate smiled toward the both of them. He really didn't have any experience with the really bad things they both seemed to have dealt with. All he could do was his best to help out.

"Well regardless of turning me into Sushi, and don't get me wrong, I appreciate keeping my breathing and eating apparatus, but you both look like you need Pizza."

Nate nodded sagely.

"Pizza always helps everything. Gives you something good to think about, and you both look like people who need a break from whatever's going on in your noggins. You're both Arthur's here, you're both good, don't worry about eating people or flashing red light. We all have our dragons to slay."

Nate paused looking to them both. "Now, about that Pizza..." He grinned toward to somber pair.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016 14:02:45 GMT -6 by Nathaniel Crane » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 13:36:32 GMT -6 »

Yeah, what Angel was saying really was explaining a lot. And there was Aaron, the legacy kid brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth. No wonder they butted heads. But then there was new kid rambling on.

Pizza, huh? He could go for a nice deep dish now and then, he was born in Chicago after all, but right now he felt like he'd throw it all up the second it got down his throat. And the offer just caught him off guard, with how newbie suddenly started rambling.

...It really reminded Aaron of what he used to be, what he wanted to get back in touch with. So he shrugged and looked at Angel, as if silently asking, 'What do you think?'

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 22:48:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel looked between the two. They looked at him as if he was the one to decide.

"I'm an animal... I never turn down food. Let's do it."

He, however, had no mode of transportation so that was on the other two.

"Whenever y'all are ready."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 23:37:35 GMT -6 »

Nate grinned nodding his agreement and began heading toward the cafeteria. His strident than reasonable for the other two to keep up.

"So, how is it here? You guys are like the knights of the round table, yeah? Chivalry, honor, goodness. It's gotta be pretty cool."

He was a generally happy guy, and his dreams of Paradigm were a little shaky, but not everyone was a murderer, right?

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 23:39:10 GMT -6 »

"I know a place way better than the cafeteria if you want," he would cut in while Nate was still heading towards the school.

"I'll drive and pay. What d'you guys say?"

Knights of the round table, huh? Chivalry? Goodness? That was what he wanted to be, yeah. For a while he'd even thought he'd been there.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 0:01:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel looked to Aaron.

"Don't matter to me honestly. As long as there is food."

Then he turned to look at Nate.

"I don't know about that. We've really been screwed because of the stupid ass 'chivalry' as you put it. Best to just take missions and save as many as you can, not like it'll change public opinion but hey maybe you'll be the one to set all the haters straight."

Angel snorted and shook his head.

"It's not like others here haven't had that mentality. Truth be told best bet here is to kill the enemies you come across so they don't kill you. Survival of the fittest. It's the only way to live. Fight to survive or die a coward."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 0:10:38 GMT -6 »

Nate grinned when Aaron recommended driving somewhere new. The pure childlike glee in his eyes was almost infectious. "I'm totally up for it man!"

"Shotty no blitz..." 

Nate's words and smile faltered as Angel spoke, to the point where he just stopped. 

"No, you don't kill people because it's just easier, if being good was easy everyone would do it. It's not, and it's doing things like that that make people hate!" 

Nate started walking again. "Even animals get that, kill everything g and everyone and then there's nothing left. You die because you starve, but if you people... If you save even one person man, you SAVED them. You made someone else's life better, made it matter for more than just selfish gluttony and gloating."

He sighed, somehow, Paradigm was turning out to be just as narrow minded as the people they were fighting...

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 0:17:57 GMT -6 »

If Nate really thought that, he knew literally nothing about the Empire.

"Take it from someone who agrees with you: sometimes it's not that easy. We're at war, and even if we weren't, sometimes... sometimes you don't have a choice. Or accidents happen. We try to avoid it whenever we can, but sometimes it's going to be us or them out there. If this whole war could end without anyone dying, you have no idea how happy I would be, but it's already too late for that."

But he definitely didn't agree with Angel, Mr. "Kill everyone who gets in your way". Even if he wanted to talk to him, wanted to mend things. Needed his help desperately right now but didn't have the opportunity to ask for it yet. Part of why he'd even spoken up, though, was just to keep this from blowing up into an argument. He'd already had too many of those lately, and his tone, flat and lifeless as it might be, almost had an edge of 'can we please table this'.

"Come on, my car's in the parking lot. It's not that far a walk."

He would promptly turn on his heel and lead the way, fishing into his pockets for the key. Angel had already seen it, already been in it, so they'd both know the vehicle when they saw it. However, it would look like it's been a month since Aaron bothered bringing it to the car wash.

« Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016 4:04:34 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman - Reason: Nate didn't tell Aaron his name! » Back to Top  

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 0:39:11 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel shrugged. Nate was no more or less delusional than any of the other people Angel had met at Paradigm.

"You'll grow up eventually, everyone does."

But that was all Angel had to say about it then he followed after Aaron.

"Alright to the car it is!"

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 0:41:36 GMT -6 »

Nate literally knows nothing about The Empire

Nate shook his head. "Youre both looking at it wrong. You don't EVER have to kill anyone. It's always a decision, you always make a choice."

With another smile as the thought drifted towards the back of the young dreamers mind, Nate walked for the car, intimately interested in the Pizza.

Quick Reply