Author Topic: Rooftops are Cliché (Silas) (Read 597 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Rooftops are Cliché (Silas)
« Mar 28, 2016 15:16:53 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"We're cut from a different cloth, Silverman. What I do and how I do it won't do anything for you. I don't care about those peoples lives. I don't even care for yours, so what works for me isn't going to help a softie like you force your hand. You're better off playing hero back home than soldier here."

Silas states flatly, pulling out another cigarette.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 28, 2016 15:41:57 GMT -6 »

"I care, but not so much that I'm going to stand by and let them hurt or kill innocent people."

Obviously they were. Very different cloths indeed, and yet, in some ways, similar enough it still bugged him. It had, on and off, since that first meeting they had, when Silas interrupted that training exercise. Well, Aaron wasn't the kind of guy to go all suicide bomber on someone, and he did still remember Silas tried to blow up his friend and roommate as soon as their little sparring match started to look bad, but other than that.

Was Silas right, though? Was he too soft to do what had to be done out here? Was he cut out for being a soldier, a warfighter, when it came to it? He had endangered part of their mission in Belarus by taking a huge risk to save one child, after all. And out here, he was starting to feel like he was seriously running out of non-lethal options with his power. He still remembered how easy it had been to massacre those genos the moment they started threatening Sarah and Eric, or how he wiped out that whole Imperial squad - by accident, but they still died by his hand. And really, what had he expected to happen?

"Maybe I want to know how and why anyway, even if it doesn't help me."

Silas was quite a bit younger than him, too. What could make a 15 year old so callous towards other human life?

« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2016 15:45:00 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Mar 28, 2016 15:57:24 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"Let me put it simply: you're here to help people, I'm here because it's a 'healthy outlet.' I'm not a hero and I don't pretend to be. I'm not interested in that bullshit."

He takes a long drag.

"I don't mind violence, sometimes I enjoy it. I don't like killing people anymore than I like saving them. A person's life makes no difference to me unless it benefits me one way or another. If someone is trying to kill me, it benefits me with them dead. If it's someone who can help me out down the road like Eliott, I'll take measures t ensure their safety. That's it."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 28, 2016 16:49:52 GMT -6 »

"I see."

He'd heard the Calloways were cold people, but how had they raised Silas, to make him look at the world that way at such a young age? To see human life as having no value at all beyond what those lives could offer him? But then, it wasn't like Aaron was all that much older, was he? And Silas didn't want his sympathy, any more than Aaron would want someone waxing sympathetic about the shadow he grew up living in. He'd find it a little patronising, honestly. That didn't stop him feeling a little bad for the guy, imagining how he could have grown into that worldview, but he didn't say it. Silas didn't seem like the kind of guy who wanted Aaron prying into his life story.

"You're right, we really are different, not that that's a bad thing - everybody's here for their own reasons, and the Empire really does have to be stopped. Guess it's just a matter of remembering it's us or them out here."

As much as he didn't like saying it. And if he could put people out of the fight non-lethally, he still would.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

« Mar 28, 2016 17:27:58 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

"That's right."

About as close to an agreement as you'll get with Silas!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Apr 30, 2016 22:53:10 GMT -6 »

(Whoops, I forgot about this like a jackass)

"I'll try to look at it that way. It's not easy."

Not easy at all. He couldn't stop thinking about all the people those soldiers probably had waiting for them back home. He was silent for a bit, just staring off into the night, enjoying the air and the view, before thoughts became words again.

"You know, I feel like I've never really given you a fair shake."

Quick Reply