Author Topic: Searching and Studying [Josh] (Read 264 times)
Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

Searching and Studying [Josh]
« Jun 14, 2016 15:19:28 GMT -6 »

Dillon wandered around the empty campus just as the sun set, everything casting a shadow that seemed to be dying for her attention. Her pale hair was a mess and she looked as if she hadn't slept in days. Meshing her teeth together, she began to drum softly on her arm, eyes darting desperately back and forth.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, motioning to the shadow of a tree. "But can you be quiet, please? I need... I need to study." Of course, she didn't realize that she had forgotten her books in her dorm room. But she didn't exactly realize much.

"P-Paw? Paw, where are you?" Dillon whined. "P-Pawwww?"

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Jun 19, 2016 19:39:56 GMT -6 »

What was she saying?

To the young man across the way, the girl seemed to be saying 'Pa?' with a bit of a southern drawl on the end of it. It wouldn't have been a terrible surprise to Josh to learn that there was a Parents' Day at Paradigm, but then he would have been disappointed to learn it passed him by without so much as a chance to invite his own folks. There could have been other circumstances, too. It seemed best to Josh to check out the situation and learn more first.

Josh quickened his pace, even pulling one of his hands out of his pocket as a token effort to show that he had upgraded his 'power walk' to more of a light jog. "Hey!" He called to the girl to try to get her attention, shielding his face from the setting sun with a hand cupped over his brow. He cast a longer and longer shadow behind him on the quad as he got closer, slowing his pace back to a walk.

"Who you callin' for? Where was the last time you saw 'em?"

Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

« Jun 22, 2016 11:32:23 GMT -6 »

The strange girl yipped softly as soon as she heard the noise of somebody coming up behind her, turning to face him. She was grasping idly at her shirt, hands idly moving as if she had too much energy, and her eyes were wide and doe-like. She stared at him for a long moment.

If he paid close enough attention, it would be easy to see that this girl in particular seemed not to have a shadow. At all.

Her eyes slowly began to turn to the ground just behind him, where they widened in shock and surprise. She blinked a few times before finally turning to look at the boy that had approached her.

"I-I'm looking for my Paw," she murmured, then turned a full circle on her toes, staring at the ground as she searched for any semblance of her shadow, which remained nowhere to be seen. "He just l-left me."

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Jun 26, 2016 0:50:23 GMT -6 »

Some kids are detail-oriented by nature. They're the type of kids who would ace the Where's Waldo books in seconds, or solve all the mysteries of Encyclopedia Brown without having to refer to the back of the book for the answers. Josh was... never one of those children, and so he completely overlooked the fact that this girl should have been casting a shadow. It was a good thing, too, since the first place his mind would have gone was 'ghost'.

The girl seemed totally out of it, looking behind him at... something down on the ground. He turned around to make sure there wasn't a lost puppy standing there, looking up at the two with its cute little eyes, and then turned back to face the girl.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. Paw is... like, your Pop? Or is it a pet?"

Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

« Jul 3, 2016 12:36:31 GMT -6 »

"He's my..."

She motioned behind herself, then behind him, idly. Most people wouldn't think about shadows the way she did, but she had spent so much time with Jude, she had completely forgotten how strange it might be considered.

"He's my..." She paused herself again, and then folded her hands against her chest, eyes wide and filled with fear. "What if I never find him? What if he just goes away? P-Paw! Don't leave me, please?"

She began to look around, focused on the ground, more frantically than she had only moments before.

Quick Reply