Author Topic: Refresh (Dillon) (Read 589 times)
Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 14, 2016 23:59:47 GMT -6 via mobile »

"They're all sentient, you know," Dillon interrupted, earning a twist from the shadow so he could peer at her.

"Not just yours. Not just mine."

She motioned to the tree and it's shadow, smiling a soft, distant sort of smile.

"They all talk to me."

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

I'm back. Too bad for you.

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:07:02 GMT -6 »

He'd actually sort of guessed that. It wasn't much of a logical stretch after all, even though it was an incredibly weird thing to consider. Martin just considered the new information, even if he'd already suspected it, before giving her a thoughtful nod.

"I don't really know how she could use her power without hurting them. I could see if she'd be willing to stick to just darkness, not shadows, outside of emergencies, if that'd be any comfort."

That didn't really do much about all the other umbrakinetics out there, because Rach and her kid no doubt weren't the only ones, but it'd be something?

Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:13:35 GMT -6 via mobile »

As Dillon contemplated what he said, and the weight of those words, true horror crossed her face. People were out there, using her friends as weapons, with no knowledge or care of what they were doing? They didn't ask?

Her heart raced in her chest and her own shadow wavered in protective concern, Paw beginning to sense her dread. She looked as if her heart had just been broken.

She skittered back away from him with an audible noise of displeasure and fear. White hair fell into her face, features contorting in agony. How could anyone be so cruel? Shadows meant more to her than actual people ever did, and there were monsters out there who were willing to bend them to their will?

Tears welled up in her eyes, surprising even Elijah. "They... they actually do that?? That's TERRIBLE!"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[color=FFD700]I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.[/color]

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:16:02 GMT -6 »

Jude walked out of his building scowling, irritation written all over his face as he went in search of Dillon. It was only a while before he found his wreck of a best friend, and the scowl seemed to drop by a few notches.

"Yo Dill, you alright?" He asked, his accent a thick Bostonian. And that was when he spotted the look of horror on her face. "Yo asshole. What'd you do to Dill?" He growled one of the pieces of paper up his sleeve dropping down into his hand, folded just like a knife.

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:23:56 GMT -6 »

"Nothing."

He'd risen to his feet and started to cross over to Dillon before the rude Bostonian even arrived, concern written across his face and Elijah temporarily forgotten. He didn't move quickly enough to frighten the young girl, but there was a deliberate pace to his movements, hoping to come to her aid. He'd slowed when the new face arrived, though, and paused entirely when he saw the origami knife come out. Not intimidated, not even impressed, but noting the implied threat there. The look he gave the newcomer was basically 'really?' made manifest with the briefest cock of a brow.

"We were discussing shadows and powers, and she learnt umbrakinesis exists. I wasn't trying to upset her."

Still keeping the newcomer in his field of view, Martin would look back to Dillon, apologetic.

Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:30:11 GMT -6 via mobile »

Elijah seemed entirely focused on the stranger as he approached, narrowing his white, pupiless eyes in mistrust.

"Be careful, boy," he muttered.

Dillon, however, looked relieved the moment she saw Jude. She turned and wrapped her arms around his legs, clinging to him like a scared child.

"J-Jude, it's TERRIBLE! There are people that... that USE my friends! They even hurt them! ALL OF THEM!!" She looked close to sobbing as she buried her face in his pants leg. "Th-they use Elijah and they'd use Paw, too!"

Jude O'Connor
Student

Jude O'Connor Avatar

[color=FFD700]I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.[/color]

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:36:21 GMT -6 »

Jude crouched down and ran his fingers through Dill's hair. "It's alright, we'll take care of them later." He cooed, his mannerisms completely different in regards to Dill. "Everything's gonna be alright. What got into you? Why did you just suddenly jump out of my window?" He asked quietly, completely unconcerned with the new guy.

Martin Knowles
Agent Trainee
Senior Agent

Martin Knowles Avatar

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:37:47 GMT -6 »

At this, Martin just paused and observed, letting this moment play out. An interruption from him didn't seem like it would do any good.

Dillon Miller
Student
Intelligence

Dillon Miller Avatar

The Truth is Out There

[send pm]

Refresh (Dillon)
« Jun 15, 2016 0:43:52 GMT -6 via mobile »

"P-Paw... disappeared... I went looking for him. He was playing hide and seek... and he came to m-meet Mister Martin..."

She curled up with Jude, crying softly as she thought about her lovely little Paw, being bent to the will of somebody else. It terrified her.

Elijah rolled his eyes, but seemed content to collapse back into the ground, the shadow returning to normal.

"Paw... likes him. So he's a f-friend too... right?"

Quick Reply