Author Topic: Fatherly Bribe (Read 224 times)
steven

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Fatherly Bribe
« Aug 5, 2009 5:41:56 GMT -6 »

(Warning: Some language.)

The sun blazed high in the sky, as the minute hand of Steven watch ticked to met the hour hand pointing to 12. Steven didn't really like the sun, it was too hot for his taste but his dorm room felt hotter. Out he at least he could find himself in the shade to lay down until, the day cooled down.

Lazily laying under the shade a tree, in the campus park, as per usual for him. Steven looked up out at the clouds through the leaves. It was boring really when he had no lessons. He had finished all of the books he own and didn't want to spend any of his money on new ones.

There was always the library but Steven didn't think they would have much he had seen the like of in the past. Sighing at the whole and rearranging his jacket under his head as a make shift pillow, he suddenly felt the pocket of the coat vibrating.

Sitting up quickly a pulling the jacket round onto his lap, Steven looked through his pockets for his phone. Finally finding the damn thing, he answered the call, and swung his coat back round laying down it again in one simple motion.

"Hello?" Steven said, not having expecting any calls. "Hello Steven" A female voice said in reply. He hadn't expected any calls, but he never would have expected this call. Steven was quite surprised he even recognized the womens voice. "Mother??" Steven said more shocked then he had been in a long time.

"It must come as a surprised to hear from me." Jane Rosett's voice came down the phone. "A surprise, I haven't spoken to you in year and a half." Steven said getting to his feet, pulling the jacket with him. He couldn't relax now. If his mother was calling something was up.

"I did send you Christmas card last year. Anyway that not why I'm calling. What are you doing tonight?" Steven's mother asked. Steven was starting to get worried, just the feeling people sometimes got. "No..nothing." Steven replied. "Good, your father is flying down your way on business. He expects you to be dressed for dinner with him tonight at 8PM." Jane said before hanging up. "WHAT!" Steven shouted in surprise.

---

10:12 Sunday, the next mourning.

"Bloody bastard, old man." Steven said loudly as he stormed to the shops of the campus town. "Think that just cause I'm in Uni now he can tried and get involved in my life." Steven said voice growing louder. "Thinks he can fucking buy me." Steven said, wallet feeling heavy, compared to normal do to the extra money.

"Well I'm not spending it." Steven muttered as he prowled the campus town for what he was looking for. "Here we go." Steven said as he saw a charity shop. Trudging inside he walked up to the counter. "I'm here to donate this." Steven said pulling his wallet out, followed by $200 from inside it and slamming it on the counter.

He could use having that extra money, but he was going to accept anything the old man. Striding away, Steven slammed into the door, due to not noticing the door said pull, because of his mood. Standing up as quickly as he could, he pulled the the door open and storm away, bumping in to a couple people as he walked.