Author Topic: You Can't Be Serious (Mike/Open) (Read 614 times)
Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

You Can't Be Serious (Mike/Open)
« Jan 15, 2017 0:38:25 GMT -6 »

"You have got to be kidding me."  Paradigm loomed in all of its glory before Averie as she dropped her bag on the ground, glaring at the remains of the once-proud building in a way that made it clear she did not appreciate it's audacity.  You arrive one week late - one week - and this is what happened?  What the hell?

She snarled nad kicked at some of the rubble near her feet, watching it bounce and send a small slide or debris further out with only a glimmer of satisfaction.

"Ugh."  It was already getting kind of late, too.  Perfect.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

I don't need you to believe in me

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 0:41:51 GMT -6 »

Mike was here in case others that had been out came trickling back once the news spread to them. A few people were scattered at different parts of the city as they tried to collect what was left of them. The Airport, the Bean, Paradigm was him. But, they were looking at the big landmarks, places people might go.

What he didn't expect was a stranger to show up, and annoyed? He was immediately on guard that this might be someone here to finish the job. A blue aura instantly surrounded him as he hopped off what remained of the wall of Paradigm's outer perimeter, landing in front of the stranger.

"What are you doing here?"

Might not be the best first impression, but he was terrible at those anyways.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 0:52:13 GMT -6 »

She was caught between mentally ranting at the building and trying to figure out what she wanted to do next when she heard someone behind her. Or rather, she saw the glow from behind her, then heard them. Averie spun on her heel at the voice, already disliking the demanding tone coming from whoever this guy thought he was.

Oh goodie, this one glowed. Literally.

"What does it look like, Night Light?" Sarcasm dripped from every word as she jabbed a thumber over her shoulder at the building. "I'm admiring a bunch of rubble." Tch.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 0:54:59 GMT -6 »

Hearing the casual way she called his home rubble sent his blood boiling, and without thinking a baseball bat formed in his hand. That stung more than the nightlight comment, which had just rolled off his back.

"Yeah, you like what you see?"

His voice was taking on a more dangerous edge now. She was either here to cause some trouble, or was connected to the people that did this. Not like the Empire hadn't proved they had people in the city. Let alone in the country.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:01:34 GMT -6 »

Well, at least her night was proving to be more interesting than she thought it would be. her eyes didn't look away from the guy's face when the bat form, picking up on the rage that boiled just beneath the surface. All it would take is a little pin to prick the overfilled balloon.

"What do you think?" She snorted as though the question were a joke that had fallen flat. Was he slow or what? Averie was pretty sure people didn't kick the building for funsies - clearly that category belonged to the whole thing being destroyed. Still, she was down for a good fight if he was. Maybe he'd learn something when he was in the dirt. She willed her body to take on the reflexes of a cat, just in case this one decided he to dance that badly.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:03:06 GMT -6 »

"I think you are here looking for trouble."

No other reason for someone to show up here that wasn't part of Paradigm at this point. Not like she was a cop doing an investigation. And any need for Paramedics ended days ago.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:06:44 GMT -6 »

"Well goodie for you." Did I mention sarcasm? Because Mike's up to his ears in it by now. "What, do you want a gold star for playing detective?" She raised a hand to her cheek, still mocking as she looked up at you.

"Gee wilikers, Mister, you sure are smart! What other reason could I be here unless I'm gonna cause trouble?" She flashed him large doe eyes that...were probably kind of creepy, given her contacts.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:08:02 GMT -6 »

He wasn't creeped out by her, but the look of gears grinding in his head was pretty apparent. It wasn't until she started REALLY laying it on near the end that he spoke.

"You are being sarcastic."

Which was weird.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:12:52 GMT -6 »

"Awww, look," she cooed, clasping her hands together in front of her chest. "Mr. Night Light figured it out! Somebody gets a gold star!"

Clearly, this one wasn't all that bright. Rolling her eyes, Averie let out a hard sigh, blowing her bangs back up and out of her face.

"Whenever you're done waving your glow stick, let me know. 'Cause apparently I have better places to be."

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:14:15 GMT -6 »

"Don't let me stop you then."

He'd say as the bat vanished from his hand and he moved to the side, offering her a chance to move past him. Away from Paradigm. If she had no business here then she could just leave. He'd rather not fight if he didn't have to.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:16:42 GMT -6 »

"Didn't plan to." She shrugged, adjusting her duffel bag with the motion as her own power went faded and unused.

"So, what, you're a guard dog or something?"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:19:14 GMT -6 »

He narrowed his eyes at her when she didn't leave, his bat was gone but his power still blazed around him.

"Something."

He said, still not convinced that she wasn't his enemy.

"What does that make you."

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:20:08 GMT -6 »

"Something." The reflexes return as she plants her hands on her hips.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:21:55 GMT -6 »

"Sounds like trouble."

His fists clench and unclench, warming up for a fight that was feeling likely again.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:25:56 GMT -6 »

"Sounds like you have a small dictionary." She noticed the fists this time, smirking when the motion caught her eye. So he was being a good boy? Cute.

"Please tell me you're not the welcoming committee." No surprise the place was in smithereens if he was.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:27:09 GMT -6 »

"Meaning?"

What was she talking about welcoming committee? For what? Paradigm was destroyed. Was she blind or dumb?

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:29:20 GMT -6 »

"Uh, duh?" Wow, what a winner this one was. Averie decided she better break it down nice and slow for him if she wanted to get anywhere tonight. Or she coudl go find someone else. Somewhere. Maybe.

"This is where Paradigm used to be, right?"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:30:22 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, used to be." He stretched out his words so that she'd get that it wasn't here no longer. Because a ton of rubble wasn't obvious enough apparently.

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017 1:30:42 GMT -6 by Mike Daniels » Back to Top  

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:34:10 GMT -6 »

They continue to mirror each other.   But then, if he was stretching out his words too, maybe there was hope for him yet. Like she wouldn't be upset over the rubble behind her being what it was. Though apparently he thought it should something else. It was her hair, wasn't it? It was always the hair.

"Now, since there hasn't been a report on mass murder here, be a good booy and tell me where they are so i can get on with my life. Unless you're some kind of sick vulture."

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2017 1:35:08 GMT -6 by Averie Gilmen » Back to Top  
Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:37:46 GMT -6 »

"Excuse you?"

He stood up straighter, trying to make himself as tall as possible. Which wasn't very tall at all. Was she accusing him of what he thought she was? Was she saying she was here to finish the job because the agents escaped alive?

The bat returned.

"Well if you are looking to finish off the agents you can try your luck with me."

He wouldn't go down as easy this time.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:46:02 GMT -6 »

"What?" Her tone falls flat as she stares at him for a moment, then bursts into a fit of laughter.

"So you are a guard dog," she managed amidst the laughter. "Cute, but I don't need luck. I need directions."

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:46:31 GMT -6 »

He'd silently stare at her.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:56:01 GMT -6 »

"You're not all that smart, are you?" Well, if it's going to be a fight, she was down for one. She shifted the bag again and began to extend an arm to let it land on the ground beside her.

"If I'm something, but not trouble, and you're something, but not a guard dog, what does that make us?"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 1:59:24 GMT -6 »

He was used to jabs at his smarts, so it wasn't very effective at getting under his skin. His talents never had been with quick word play or studying. He was an average student at best. But he knew he had value.

"Tired of your wordplay?"

At least that's what it made him.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 15, 2017 2:01:15 GMT -6 »

This was beginning to bore her. Both of them, apparently.

"Whatever." It was his own fault for not figuring it out. She brought the bag back to her shoulder.

"I'm looking for the people here because it's where I'm supposed to be, Moron." And if he was a vulture after all, a fight it would be.

Quick Reply