Author Topic: Breaking of a World (OPEN) (Read 475 times)
BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

I got some power in my corner.

[send pm]

Breaking of a World (OPEN)
« Jan 29, 2017 23:36:25 GMT -6 »

"Paradigm fell!"

BK, toward the middle/rear of the group, turned with the others. He was covered in dirt, wearing the traditional wear for UK soldiers. He didn't get to pick his colors- he just took whatever uniform they handed him and fought. Back when he was at the school, he'd been tutored by Mathew and Venus, he'd had a girlfriend....CG....whom he grew to care about too much for his own good. Coming here was a way to fight for them, sure...but it was also about getting out while he still could. Before something happened to those he was growing to like. Eric. CG- her name; Evie?- and yeah, even that prick Mathew, whom he enjoyed scrapping with despite the constant ass whoopins that were dealt out.

He would clench his fist.

Now....were they all dead? Was he fighting for nothing but himself now? All for nothing...?

He couldn't move forward. Not until he knew.

**TIME SKIP TO PRESENT DAY**

Moving forward slowly, BK's wide gaze rolled over the rubble, searching slowly. The hell had happened here? Was the empire moving into the US more forcefully, or just looking to take down some of their strongholds? Paradigm was, in BK's opinion, a beacon of light to Eurpoean forces. A place of power where the resistances own army of "super heroes" could train to fight against their enemy. For the last year, BK saw it as a memory of refuge. He always thought to come back....to have his room again, to apologize profusely to CG....now....

He walked deeper into the rubble, crouching to grab a large slab of stone, using his left arm to lift it with a grunt and push it off to the side. he'd pick up a book that was torn up, tossing it off to the side after reading the title "To Kill a Mockingbird". He would look around a little more.

"The hell happened here....?"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

I don't need you to believe in me

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:41:06 GMT -6 »

"Not much to look at."

Mike said from behind. Arms folded over his chest and a frown etched into his features. He still took to hanging out around Paradigm. People were still trickling in coming home as the news spread. It had been a few weeks now, but with everyone spread out as it was. News took time to travel.

"A surprise attack that we couldn't repel."

He said in response to his first question. Kicking at a piece of rubble.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:51:52 GMT -6 »

BK would turn, sliding in his crouch to spot the male who was speaking in preparation for an attack. His brow and features returned to neutral, though, when he saw who it was. Returning to a standing position and adjusting his pack on his shoulder a little, he'd look around the area.

"Still something I had to see for myself."

He would cock a brow.

"Didn't see many enemy bodies or suits- who did it? The Empire....?"

He didn't know if Mike was there or not for the combat, and while BK would love to give the kid shit just because, he was still in battle mode. His time as a militant had altered him a little. He was...a little more refined, and less pushy.

Hopefully something the blonde caterpillar-browed kid in front of him could appreciate.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2017 23:52:19 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:53:24 GMT -6 »

"Seems so."

Didn't know who else could or would do this. But that's what the word was.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:54:46 GMT -6 »

"I see."

He would smirk, a joking tone coming to his voice now.

"You survived though, I see. I have to assume you're not alone- else I might get depressed. Who's left?"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:57:02 GMT -6 »

"I'm tougher than I look."

He didn't need to look the part of a roided up punk to be tough.

"Easier to show you. Anyone else come back with you?"

It would save him the trip.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 29, 2017 23:59:52 GMT -6 »

"I don't doubt it."

He would chuckle as he said it before shaking his head.

"Guess the depressions on you- it's just me."

Yeva Maginhild
Student
Defense

Yeva Maginhild Avatar

"Majin Hilda"

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 0:04:32 GMT -6 »

"And me."

Yeva would say as she approached, duffel bag over her shoulder. She had also been in Europe and heard the word around the group. It was however the news of losses, unaccounted people. She didn't want to seem overly emotional right now, but if she ha just lost Matt too...

Eva recognized Mike, she hadn't seen him in a long time, but she was sure he had proven to become someone to count on. They don't always stay a hot head, especially now. After what they went through over the stretch of time she had been stationed over seas...

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2017 0:05:58 GMT -6 by Yeva Maginhild » Back to Top  

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 0:07:49 GMT -6 »

Nodding to Bk, and about to tell him to follow as he'd lead the way to the others. He turned to see the voice of one of the Senior Agents that was around a lot when he first signed up. He hadn't seen much of her lately, but with the war that didn't mean much. It was just good to see people alive.

He'd nod in silence though.

"Anyone else with you then?"

He asked Yeva since BK had said he was alone. And despite the gruff tone of voice, he was feeling hopeful. This was the most people he'd seen show up at Paradigm at the same time since the day after the attack.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 0:10:10 GMT -6 »

BK turned to the female, giving her a look up and down. Hello mama. Standing there bare footed, he knew he must cut an imposing figure.

Still, he let Mike do his thing.

Best to introduce himself to the madam on the walk back to...well, wherever the fuck he was being taken.

Yeva Maginhild
Student
Defense

Yeva Maginhild Avatar

"Majin Hilda"

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 0:28:58 GMT -6 »

Majin Hilda looked around for others and then silently shook her head, closing her eyes. Seeing the other with Mike closer now she would give him a nod, hadn't seen him around, but figured he was likely an asset to look into. She had questions though, she would however wait to see what the current chain of command was.

She needed to set up operation and response teams. Intel, reconnaissance, supply missions. They needed a response for this. As much as Yeva wanted immediate retribution and revenge, they needed to get stable. She just hoped everything was already flowing with some Senior Agents in command.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 0:31:12 GMT -6 »

He paused for a moment before nodding to both of them, giving them a small wave he'd lead them toward the city. They'd have plenty of time to talk and catch up as he planned to take a lot of side streets and backtrack on the way to the motel. He didn't know if the attackers still resided in the city, but if they did he didn't want to make it easy for them to find them while they were weak.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 14:57:16 GMT -6 »

BK would nod and follow, offering his hand to the female.

"I'm Ken. Most call me BK- You're a paradigmer, I take it?"

He didn't know if perhaps she was just a friend of the schools, or an attendee. Either way, they were in it together now.

Yeva Maginhild
Student
Defense

Yeva Maginhild Avatar

"Majin Hilda"

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 15:52:34 GMT -6 »

She would shake Ken's hand and nod.

"Senior Agent, Yeva Maginhild."

She was quick and to the point, noticing Mike doubling back here and there...

"Were you present during the attack?"

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 18:17:55 GMT -6 »

OOC: Continuing the convo here, since you said they'd talk while Mike led the way.

IC:

He shook his head.

"Nah, I wish. I was off fighting the Empire in Europe. But as soon as I heard I came back- not an easy feat, these days."

He would look at the back of Mike's head.

"Little surprised at the amount of devastation done to it- makes me wonder what will happen now. And whose neck I gotta snap in recompense."

His grip on his pack strap tightened.

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2017 18:18:13 GMT -6 by BK » Back to Top  

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 19:12:21 GMT -6 »

"I could tell you all that~!" Enya pipes up behind them all, carrying a backpack and messenger bag.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 30, 2017 21:28:42 GMT -6 »

Mike didn't quite jump at Enya's sudden appearance, but his eyebrows did shoot up. She'd been at the motel when they first gathered there, but he hadn't seen her in about a week or so.

"Where have you been?"

He asked, slowing down and turning to look at Enya. His eyes moving over the bags she carried more than her.

Yeva Maginhild
Student
Defense

Yeva Maginhild Avatar

"Majin Hilda"

[send pm]

« Jan 31, 2017 11:19:14 GMT -6 »

When Ken said he was stationed in Europe like her she grunted and looked forward to think about things she wanted to ask, until a voice popped up behind them. Yeva would turn noting the messenger bag and Mike's reaction.

"Then I need a full SITREP. MIA's, KIA's, current numbers, teams, armory strength, and chain of command."

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 31, 2017 14:58:18 GMT -6 »

Ken would step back as Yeva went full agent mode. He scratched his head, somewhat out of place. Even in Europe, he wasn't given command of anyone. "Too stubborn, too proud, too self-confident bordering on lunacy" is what they said. So, he'd taken it upon himself to put aside the cold prick intent on killing his father and just....be a soldier.

He hated it, but it suited him.

He'd look to Mike.

"Hey....did CG- er, Evie survive?"

He couldn't remember if Mike even knew her....

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 31, 2017 15:26:26 GMT -6 »

"Heheh, around!" she answers vaguely, tossing the messenger bag to him.

"I went to see my family and to gather some snacks, too! It's all in the bag. Give it to everyone for me~."

She adjusts her backpack and looks at Yeva.

"Mm. Well I can't tell you all of THAT. But I was there when the school went down. Cthonic soldiers showed up in trucks and started firing at agents. Then the super strong Rian guy came and no one could slow him to a stop! The robot ninja guys came out too, and Rian got past everyone. Next thing you know he's going through walls and we're all overwhelmed, and..oh! Matt tried to hold one off and told us to leave, and then KCHUNK!"

She mimics swords slicing through someone's torso.

"But he's the only one we witnessed dying. Last I was at the motel there waaaas...hm...one..two..." she counts on her fingers.

"5 or 6 people? Mike would know more about who's accounted for. You might want to talk to Josh for information on who we're in contact with still and who's missing because he's the Senior in charge right now! And that's a loooot of people. Like, the whole school minus those in Europe, I'm pretty sure."

That's about the gist of what she knew, anyway. Even though a lot of it is assumptions since they didn't have answers yet.

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2017 15:28:13 GMT -6 by Eithne Reagan » Back to Top  

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 1, 2017 23:43:29 GMT -6 »

Mike would catch the bag and blink. Was she not going to come with? Or did she just want him to carry the bag? He'd listen and let her talk, wincing when she got to the part about Matt being cut with the sword.

"Sorry, I haven't seen Evie since before the attack."

He'd say to BK. But that didn't mean she was dead. A lot of people just went home too. She was probably safe. Since they didn't know otherwise.

"So you are coming with us then Enya?"

Yeva Maginhild
Student
Defense

Yeva Maginhild Avatar

"Majin Hilda"

[send pm]

« Feb 2, 2017 12:26:16 GMT -6 »

Yeva went rigid at the mention of what happened to Matt and the general lack of professionalism from the girl telling her all this. She would remain silent for the rest of this adventure.

Whoever this Josh is had better have some good answers and good plans or there would be hell unleashed on earth.

BK
Agent
Defense

BK Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 4, 2017 4:42:07 GMT -6 »

BK didn't ask any further questions. He would slip into silence, brooding, intent to follow Mike back to their destination.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 4, 2017 9:51:20 GMT -6 »

Enya glances around when she sees at least two of them grow silent. She guesses it's a lot to take it.

She smiles over at Mike when he pipes up, though.

"Me? No." she shakes her head.

"There's something I need to do. So tell the others hello for me! I just wanted to make sure no one was worrying, heheh. Good luck! Until next time!"

She stops following the group, and turns down a new path without much warning!

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 4, 2017 19:43:11 GMT -6 »

He debates on whether or not he should follow her. But he'd been on a few missions with her before and he trusted her to be able to take care of herself. More than a lot of fellow agents. So he'd just nod at her request before continuing on to the motel! He'd talk to the others about Enya and what she might be taking care of.

Quick Reply