Author Topic: Round 2: Match 4 (Read 351 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Round 2: Match 4
« Oct 21, 2017 22:32:35 GMT -6 »

Artorias vs. Maeve!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

By fire, be purged. By flame, be purified.

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:42:46 GMT -6 »

Artorias stands in the middle of the fighting arena, eyes closed as his flames swirl around him in a clear show of his power.

He doesn't know what his opponent's power is, but it doesn't matter. He's going to be up front about exactly what he's going to do in this fight.

He's going to break someone.

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:47:26 GMT -6 »

Mae enters the ring, appearing as she had before, just a normal girl, no signs of fang or claw. She enjoyed testing things out without her powers last time, even if it didn't look like that would be the case this time. Her opponent was already surrounded in flames.

The cogs were already moving, trying to decide how best to handle this one and his power.

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:50:14 GMT -6 »

His eyes don't open.

"Are you afraid the flame?"

But apparently he's aware she's there. The question doesn't sound teasing or mocking, but genuine, instead.

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:55:12 GMT -6 »

An interesting question. Mae considers the question and the fighter openly and gives a tiny shake of her head. She wasn't blind with terror, but she was very aware of what flames could do.

"I've seen fire destroy a home and give trees life. So I guess that depends. Are you asking if I'm afraid of fire, or pain?" Or death, but the rules that were in place technically didn't allow it.

Kidd
Student

Kidd Avatar

Shinde mo ii yo~!

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:57:39 GMT -6 »

What up we're here too.

This one isn't about favourites or least favourites. Even though Artorias is in a weird spot in her good and bad list.

BUT! She's curious to see what these two do more so than hoping to see one fail or succeed! Homework time!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 22:59:46 GMT -6 »

A smile forms on his face.

"How perceptive. Yes, that's the question I'm posing to you, now."

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 23:07:02 GMT -6 »

A philosophical one then. Maeve's head tilts to the side. Less loud than before when she'd seen him, but still pretentious. She woudln't call it ethereal, but she wasn't expecting slang from him.

"I can live with it." She raised a brow at him. "I'm guessing this is where you tell me you're going to teach me why I should be afraid?"

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 23:12:36 GMT -6 »

"Do I seem like that type of person to you?"

The smile never fades, and his eyes slowly open to look at her.

"No. I ask, because I want to give you fair warning before this round begins. I believe you should forfeit before you are injured severely."

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 23:20:25 GMT -6 »

Maeve decides not to answer that question. Instead, her eyes narrow at the statement. This man fully believed he could cause major pain and damage. So had Lance, but here she was in round two. Still, the threat had been real before.

"Thanks for the warning, Artorias, but I beat the last guy who told me that. I'll take my chances."

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 23:25:39 GMT -6 via mobile »

“If that’s your decision, then so be it.”

He slides his feet apart, one moving back a bit to give him a more stable stance, while his hands move in lazy circles in front of his chest, trailing red fire.

“Lets begin, then.”

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2017 23:30:36 GMT -6 »

Mae draws back so her body faces the side and takes on a more defensive stance that almost looks like it could be the start of a charge.

"Let's go."

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 22, 2017 14:22:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

Artorias springs forward, swiping his hand straight for the back of the woman’s head!

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 16:12:54 GMT -6 »

Maeve ducks as he surges forward, punching Artorias in the stomach!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 21:14:05 GMT -6 »

Artorias spins gracefully as he misses, causing the punch to slide harmlessly past his torso.

With both flair and grace, he makes a complete spin to move around Maeve before aiming to strike the top of her head with his elbow.

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 22:07:56 GMT -6 »

It was like she'd found the dance partner she'd joked about in the previous round. When her punch didn't land, she let the momentum carry her and turned on the balls of her feet to face him, circling around the golden-haired fighter as he spun.

She ducked out from the head shot, deciding it would be better to keep this close quarters. Her own actions were quick strikes as she looked to find a way to get him off balace, aiming to kick his legs out from under him as he moved.

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 22:14:27 GMT -6 »

His elbow sails harmlessly over her head, and as she aims to kick out his legs, he kicks them out like a figure skater, floating over her leg.

Then he uppercuts at her face with a fist full of flame!

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 22:31:22 GMT -6 »

Maeve gets a face full of fiery fury! Her hiss of pain turns into a low growl of frustration at the heat on her raw skin, claws and teeth sharpening as powers come into play again.

She throws a jab at where she feels he'd be after that punch, given he likes to move so much and she's kind of blinded by the light!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2017 22:43:51 GMT -6 via mobile »

“Oh? You’re an animal too?”

Artorias sounds amused, even as he claws cut into his flowing clothing. Thankfully, or unfortunately, depending on your view, his garments manage to hold together to continue protecting his modesty.

He kicks out, aiming for her side to knock her over!

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 27, 2017 17:19:29 GMT -6 »

"I'm just full of surprises." Not that Mae would have disliked the view.

She turns out to dodge the kick and grabs his leg when it comes her way, slamming her elbow down on his knee!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 27, 2017 19:43:44 GMT -6 »

Once she grabs his leg, Artorias begins to bend his knee.

Not by pulling back towards him, which would cause him to have to fight her own pulling power, but by pushing his body forwards. In doing so, he would force her elbow to strike his kneecap instead.

However, he doesn't stop there.

As Artorias lunges forwards, he also goes to strike Maeve with a fistful of yellow flames, aiming for the side of her head!

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 27, 2017 21:19:15 GMT -6 »

Funny thing about striking bone against bone. It kinda stings.

Mae drops the leg after her elbow strike and shifts her head and shoulder, stepping in and slamming one clawed hand into his torso and, if the land hits, tearing her hand across his torso, digging them in deeper before tearing them out!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 28, 2017 8:43:31 GMT -6 »

Unfortunately, there would be no room to step into, as Artorias has been moving forward with the pull.

Even though her shift had saved her from his punch, Maeve quickly finds Artorias more or less tackling into her as she releases the leg, his arm that had missed its attack wrapping around her head in a headlock.

His other hand, burning a bright white flame, swings for her now-trapped face, with an equivalent force of being struck by a small car. She could still claw at his body, of course, but it would be more than worth it to the flame-wielder.

Maeve
Student

Maeve Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 29, 2017 13:11:06 GMT -6 »

Maeve may not be afraid of pain, but she does like her face not getting burned. She brings her arms in front of her face to block the punch, grateful for her increase in strength.

While his hands are busy, however, she's not against slamming the heel of her foot with enough strength to leave a crater in a wall and following it with a punch to his pretty face!

Artorias
Student

Artorias Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 29, 2017 19:20:47 GMT -6 »

Stronger though she may be, the force of being struck by a small car would knock most anyone off balance, enough to potentially send Maeve sailing away, especially considering she has lifted one foot to prepare to slam the heel into her target.

Unfortunately, Artorias would not give her the chance to be separated from him, just yet.

Instead, he follows through with his punch, turning his body as he does so and using the hand that had previously holding her in a headlock to grab a handful of hair and pull downwards, fully intending on using the force of the impact to pin Maeve's arms to her face while the back of her head slams into the arena floor!

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2017 19:21:23 GMT -6 by Artorias » Back to Top  

Quick Reply