Author Topic: Close Call (Open) (Read 317 times)
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 7, 2009 23:42:02 GMT -6 »

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE JUST DO AS I AND TODAY MIGHT JUST BE ONE OF THE FEW REGULAR ONES YOU'VE GOT!!!" A guy wearing text book balacalva and waving around a glock in a small grocery store with two others who wore different masks, one even wore a McCain masks if that's believeable.

People ducked down trying to safegaurd themselves from possible harm. one of the clerks tried to be brave and hit the silent alarm, he was first to go. "Let that be the lesson, anyone trying to be a hero will know why the saying goes heroes are all dead!" He told everyone else.

One of the three began patroling the aisles he was holding a 28. caliber hard to find, posibly sold illegally trying to weed out any other "heroes". "Hey Nirvanna how about after this we get some--!!"

He doesn't finish his joyful request and his cohorts are confused, and the leader nudged the other to go check it out. Walking through the aisle he is confused, he thought they rounded up everyone else at the front. Walking through he sees his friend lying on the ground blood working it's way from him to the ground from his mouth, nose and other parts.

He stood there with a silent gasp and began looking around to see if the person who did this was still around. He didn't look fast enough; he was next.

The leader became worried as he held his gun at the clerk and looked around for his friends. He went over to a woman who had broughten her child with her to the store and picked up the child, couldn't have been older than eighteen minutes and held his gun to the child's head and it began to cry while the mother yelled in despair and fear. "WHO'S THERE?!" He yelled in more fear than anger. "IF YOU DON'T COME OUT I PROMISE THIS KID WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT LIFE IS!!!" He yelled.

After a minute he didn't see anyone and was becoming frustrated, "You asked for it!" He said going to pull the trigger but strangely to him nothing happened in fact his arm fell limp dropping the gun. "WHAT THE?" he yelled.

"You wanted me." A cold, deep voice said to the man as he turned around. He was met with a black garbbed figure with a crimson streamline up and down his side with the ones on his arms meeting at his chest, with a black mask bearing a red visor.

The costumed figure quickly grabbed the baby and and then quickly kicked the man in the knees creating a sickening snap from his legs and he hit the ground. He took the baby to the mother with tears in her eyes. "Here." He said. He turned to the clerk and spoke. "The police will be along in a minute, make sure everyone's fine till then." The clerk nodded absent-mindedly and then the figure took off to the back.

'Damnit, who robs a store in broad daylight?!' The figure said as he ran throguh the back picking up a back-pack running through an alley. 'Hope I'm not late.' He said removing his mask showing a boy about seventeen with black hair and quickly changing into street clothes a black tshirt with a black over shirt and blue jeans and putting the boots and gloves into his bag. and running outside of the alley into the main street seeing cops and paramedics taking in the three thieves and the body of the clerk he couldn't save. He looked around and hoped no one saw him, and started walking off.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 0:37:30 GMT -6 »

Aleece had decided to skip out on skipping out on classes today, she had gone to the nurse the day before pleading stomach problems, truth was she was sore from her second day at the gym...muscles had been worked out that she hadn't used hardly ever. And she was about to round the corner to a local grocery store, when a gun shot rang out reaching her ears making her look up and jerk to a complete stop. She wouldn't be in Chula Vista but she needed some icy hot or something to take out the ache of her muscles.

Quickly she realized the shot she heard had come from the store where she was heading, and she dropped her hand from her spot in front of an alley next to the grocery store her eyes shooting to the side when a different kind of noise caught her attention a few minutes later. She shuffled to the side away from the store where something was obviously going down...her aches instantly forgotten, as she watched a guy probably no older then her walk out into the main street.

Frowning her hand slipped into her back pocket as a precaution, her mind only registering two things, the sound of a gun being fired and then seeing this guy...obviously suspicious. What if he was the one to shoot? Well regardless...Aleece flipped open her phone letting it rest slightly behind her leg. Closing her eyes briefly she wanted to smack herself.

"Hey!" She called out taking a tentative step from her spot stopping herself from biting her lip, remembering the last time she had gone a head and stuck her nose into something she hadn't needed to sniff around. The sounds of sirens were sounding in the distance responding for shots fired, more then likely. "Um...whats going on?" She indicated toward the sound of the disturbance.

Looking to the side she saw that some pedestrians had stopped to watch even some on their phones, but regardless she knew that it seemed almost every crazy nut bar congregated in this area and wasn't afraid to do what they wanted in public. If she could stall for long enough for the cops to get here maybe...she wouldn't find her head with a smoking hole in it. Aleece was going to find herself in serious trouble one day for being nosy she just knew it...

« Last Edit: Aug 8, 2009 0:39:10 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 0:53:24 GMT -6 »

'Crap, someone saw me!' Damian mentally chastized himself for being caught by a girl who was no older than him. "I don't know, I was taking a short cut through the alley when I heard gunshots coming from inside. I called the cops as quickly as I could but I think one of the people might be too far gone." He said placing himself more like a concerned citizen than someone who took a shot at someone...hopefully.

He quietly looked over the girl and noticed she was holding something behind her back. "Are you hiding something Ms.?" He asked her.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 1:27:29 GMT -6 »

Aleece's eyes instantly narrowed with suspicion almost instantly and she resisted the urge to actually take a step back so she could take a look down the alley she thought didn't lead anywhere. As quickly as the expression came to her face she wiped it away, no need to get the guy skittish, no matter how good he was playing the concerned citizen. But she had seen the way he had been heading the opposite direction acting as if nothing had happened despite every one else obviously knowing something was up.

When he pointed out that she had something behind her leg she jerked a little and colored noticeably for being...careless when she was trying to be sneaky. Oh who was she kidding? Aleece was about as stealthy as a bull in a china shop.

Quickly she jerked her hand out her open cell phone in her hands, "listen...if you were the one that shot the gun I'd suggest just giving yourself up. Those cops are gonna be here in a moment or so...and even if you do shoot me you won't get far."

Okay so she was assuming a lot here but still she had stepped right into it and there was no backing down or pulling back now. He was either going to run for it or take her hostage...and goodness knows that she had enough of that to last her a life time.

« Last Edit: Aug 8, 2009 1:27:57 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 1:34:50 GMT -6 »

'I always hated people assuming the worst of me.' Damian said to himself. He held up both his arms and said, "Listen if I had a gun do you think I would've left you stand right when you called me out?" He asked. "I have nothing to do with what happened in there. I was just walking by that's it I promise." Damian said trying his best voice to sound sincere.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 2:05:15 GMT -6 »

"Eh," the short sound almost came out questioning, soft and she instantly felt guilty along with a healthy dose of embarrassment for just out and out accusing the guy. With a small sigh, Aleece looked to the side but let her brown eyes linger on him for a moment as she watched the cops pulled up just at that time, still a little wary and unsure. Catching the corner of her bottom lip in between her teeth pushed her cell closed and took a few steps away from the scene and consequently closer to the guy in the black shirt.

He had a point and she couldn't help but lift a hand and rub at her face lightly. Turning to face the person she had accused she trailed the tips of her fingers under her lip before falling away then crossed her arms under her chest. Aleece hated to be wrong about anything much less apologize for something she hadn't been sure of in the first place. "S-sorry," she muttered finally, shifting her weight at her own discomfort.

Maybe she was just a bit more high strung then she originally thought, hell it wouldn't be far fetched to be wary of some guy walking away from what was clearly a crime scene..."I just..." lifting a hand she gestured vaguely by waving it. That's it Aleece open foot and insert mouth, she thought to herself before dropping her arm, "yeah, sorry."

Shaking her head with a roll of her eyes, Aleece was glad she had gotten the nurses pass for the day because this was proving to start off as one hell of one. Stepping past the guy not waiting around to see who came out of the grocery store and deciding she would just take soak in a hot bath instead of getting that Icy Hot she headed back the way she came, toward the collective.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 2:11:47 GMT -6 »

"Hey, don't worry about it." Damian replied as he watched her mentally chastize herself for what just happened, "I would've thought the same thing if I was in your position." Damian said as he watched her leave, "You go to Knox?" Damian asked.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 2:47:02 GMT -6 »

Just because he sympathized with her, agreeing that he would have done the same if he was in her position did nothing to drag her out of some serious self depreciating thoughts, but her foot steps did falter a bit when he asked her if she went to Henry Knox. Turning to face him she nodded. "Yeah I do," she answered quietly, her gaze inadvertently going past him to the grocery store where they were bringing out a body full covered on a stretcher.

Aleece looked back at the guy she still have no idea who he was and slipped her phone into her back pocket. "You go to the collective as well?"

While the group of schools weren't the only one in this area, most students you ran across were more then likely were of the attending body to the Chula Vista Collective. Aleece took the moment despite the distracting flashing lights, the sound of radios and shouted orders to get a good look at the guy. He seemed to be rather typical, nothing really standing out to her except for his eyes, which were a notable green, however she couldn't say he wasn't attractive. She was sure she hadn't seen him around the campus though...

Which for her she was sure that if she'd seen his face at least once his features would strike some kind cord in her memory, she prided herself on her memory after all. Scuffing her worn black All Star Converses on the pavement she gave a curious tip of her head, a gesture typical for her, as she continued to look at him. Still her curiosity didn't overshadow her embarrassment that was still ringing through her and showing.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 8, 2009 22:10:43 GMT -6 »

He nodded, "Yeah I just got here awhile back and I'm still feeling my way around. Came here from New York and personally I miss it." Damian added. He looked back quickly to see how they were faring in bringing in the three thieves.

Everything seemed relatively easy since they were all incapacitated with blunt force of his strikes.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 13, 2009 19:23:54 GMT -6 »

((ooc - I am so sorry I have waited so long to post))

Aleece sent a short nod to the guy ignoring the growing discomfort of first having accused the guy then having nothing useful to contribute to the conversation of real important value, and she was left with trying to make herself not like a jack ass. Holding in a sigh she looked over his shoulder to the scene now swarming with cops and EMT's, "so transferred from New York, huh? That's...quite a change."

SHe had never made it that far East before, but it sounded like a place she would of course like to experience at some point in her life. Ducking her chin down she couldn't stop the almost subconcious gesture of lifting a had to grab a hold of the end of her hair light and twist it - something from childhood she just couldn't shed - before tucking it behind her ear.

"Listen I'm not going to school today, got a medical chit excusing me but I can show you around if you're still in need of a guide." While she hadn't attended the collective for more then the start of this year she remembered pretty well any place she had managed to stumble across. Being from California originally she had a good grasp of where everything was here as well.

"And I'm sorry about before, its just some weird stuff has happened to me this week...long story," looking up she attempted come across a bit more amiable by smiling a little. Aleece didn't really think he had anything to do with it, it was just...well odd looking at first, and she had already been almost to wary the past few days if something took her off campus.

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 13, 2009 20:52:59 GMT -6 »

"Like I said it's no problem." Damian replied moving closer, and a guide could be useful, but really you look like you need to take it easy, is it somewhere on your torso?" Damian asked as he noticed that area looked like damage had been done to it. "As for your long story I'm sure that I would love to hear a bit of it some time." He added with a quick smile.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 15, 2009 21:30:39 GMT -6 »

Aleece had a smile ready for answer, knowing that a new place could be over whelming and even if she had been born in the relative area it had still taken her some time moving to Chula Vista and really getting to know the place...especially the school. She cocked her head to the side in mild confusion when he said she looked like she should take it easy, and his question made her brow furrow a little trying to figure out what he could possibly talking about.

She hadn't been hurt that she could remember and like that Aleece's mouth formed a small 'o' in realization and she laughed a little lifting her free hand to wave the concern off. "Oh no...I'm fine really. Just had a rough -n- tumble the other day and I suppose going to the gym to work out didn't help things at all. I'm just really sore at the moment," she said with a little bit of shame for her none existent stamina for her muscles being able to take a beating like they had.

Clearing her throat she grinned a bit when he said he'd like to hear that long story, but she doubted that he really would so she didn't say anything. It was the rumble in her stomach that broke her train of thought and made her look down for a minute before looking back at him with a short laugh.

"Well I can show you a great dinner to eat at...because at the moment I'm really hungry. What do'ya say?"

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Close Call (Open)
« Aug 18, 2009 14:03:26 GMT -6 »

Damian cracked a sly smile and nodded. "That actually sounds nice." He said, "I've been walking around all day and I need to take a load off, but one condition; you let me pay." He readjusted his bag on his shoulder then looked at her, "Okay I'll follow you."