Author Topic: Freestyle Fellowship (Closed, Mature) (Read 243 times)
santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Freestyle Fellowship (Closed, Mature)
« Aug 12, 2009 2:59:08 GMT -6 »

It was noon and Santiago was out taking a walk, maybe he would be able to bust a couple of sales while he was out. He was wearing a white tee with black jeans and a pair of black and white Adidas, he had on a pair of Gucci sunglasses to cover his eyes from the sun, along with a few bags on him ready to make some pocket money, business had been going smoothly so he wanted to network a bit. Walking down eighty-eight street he went into a corner store, looking around he saw a group of high school students standing next to a street fighter arcade game, urban youths, they looked ghetto so Santiago assumed they smoked, two were white, two were black and one was asian. Santiago went to the back to the coolers and grabbed a bottle of Dasani water, walking back up the same aisle he approached the group of kids and said...

"What up. Any of you freestyle?"

The group looked at him, then one of the white boys and the asian kid responded to him saying that they did, so Santiago turned to the black kids and asked them...

"Either of you beat-box?"

One was wearing a black shirt with blue jeans and black and blue Nikes, his hair was in an Afro and he nodded to Santiago acknowledging that he did. So Santiago grinned and thought (Great, now I know I can bust some sales right now. Plus I get a cipher out of it, getting to see the local competition makes for some fun.)

"Do you guys smoke?"

The group of kids all laughed and the Asian kid responded...

"Does Pinocchio have wooden balls?"

Santiago laughed and told them to wait for a second, he walked over casually to the counter and placed his water and a pack of Orbit chewing gum next to it, paying for it he walked back over to the group and signaled them to come with him. Walking out of the store he looks around for a park of some sort and notices a small public park across the street, looking at the kids he says…

“How about we go over there and chill.”

They all nod in agreement and the group, now with the addition of Santiago walks across the street. Entering the park they quickly found a bench near the entrance, they all sat on it and Santiago stood in-front of them, Santiago looked around and saw no children, since the park didn’t have a jungle gym or swings, just benches and a few open areas of concrete, looking back at the group he introduced himself…

“Nice to meet you guys, my name is Santiago.”

Asian Boy: “What up Santiago I’m Brandon. These Black hooligans are Dwayne and Marlon, and these white hooligans are Jimmy and Sean…Oh and What you got?”

Santiago: “What up guys Nice to meet. I got some fire it’s called Grape Ape.”

Brandon: “Oh word. Let me get two dubs, one for us and one for me.”

Dwayne: “Me and my bro will get a dub to.”

Jimmy: “I’ll get a dub to, Ima light this fool Sean up.”

Santiago: “Bet. That’s eighty dollars. And I got a dub to throw in.”

They all pulled out their money and handed Santiago eighty dollars on total, putting it in his pocket he then looked at them and them saw them all pull out Dutch master cigars, then began to un-wrap and unravel the cigars. Santiago reached into his back pocket and retrieved his grinder and passed it to Jimmy, the young man took it and crushed his reefer inside of it. He handed it to Sean and he began to roll his blunt, Sean passed the grinder to Brandon and he did the same so he could roll, then Brandon passed it to Dwayne and he did what the other two did. After a few minutes they all finished rolling and Santiago was just finishing his blunt. He reached into his right front pocket and pulled out his lighter and sparked his blunt, taking a deep pull he held the smoke and he passed his lighter to the next person with a blunt in their hand, exhaling, a long stream of smoke came from his mouth and went into the face of Marlon, the young black male smiled and said…

“That smells like heaven man, probably taste mad good to.”

Santiago nodded and took another pull and held it in his lungs, he exhaled as his lighter was passed back to him, he nodded to Brandon in thanks and put it back in his pocket, seeing that they all had lit their blunts he took one more pull and passed it to Brandon on his left, Brandon did the same and so on.

----Twenty-Five Minutes later----

The blunts were just about done, all they had were small clips in their hands, but they kept on smoking until there was nothing left. Santiago was now sitting down amongst the group on the bench, the rest were sitting on the seats provided instead of on the back rest, they all looked at each other with chinky eyes and dry mouths, Santiago opened his bottle and took a huge gulp of his water, grinning he looked at them and said…

“So who’s gonna set the cipher off. Cause I’m fiending for a rhyme right now.”

Brandon smiled and he got up, then he looked at Marlon and nodded to him, then Marlon stood up and began to beat-box, he started with a basic snare noise at a mild pace, then he added a kick drum noise followed by a bass drum. He went on with the beat, Santiago and Brandon bopped their heads as did the other kids there, then Santiago began with a verse…

“ A-YO, watch me bust these sick ass rhymes, kick facts ill raps, spit from logic to crimes, my stats sheet is to advanced so your under my prime, listen to the beat chime as the rhythm goes on, got stamina for eons, so I can make all emcees my peons, be on you’re A-game if your battling me, I flow so nasty trash couldn’t out stink me, your on the brink of defeat, peep how I dig into my prey like cleats, freak many type flows, rock any show tight and kick every line right.”

Group: “OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”

Brandon: “That was tight Santi, but checks it…Let me mic check as I get ready to wreck, let off shots in every direction to bless the masses with text passing inspection, rhymes cure disease like vaccine injections, Viking powerful strikes with pin point position, precision like a surgeon, rhymes overwhelm like an army of Persians, for any opposition it’s curtains, I’ll shit on any persons, I’m worse then freddy kruger, kids spiting at me are losers, I roll with skull bruisers and gun users.”

Group: “AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

Santiago: “ I flow way nicer, alchemic genetics splicer, flow at velocities where wind slices, I roll with bounty prices, killers of the nicest, psycho niggas like me who make children lifeless, seeing enemies fall is priceless, sharp like diamond cutter tools, standing up to me and get made a fool, who will attempt to tempt fate and break this foundation, every time I step I make the earth shake, anytime I spit I make the world gyrate, I’m the shark here and the opponent is live bait.”

Group: “OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”

The two boys shook hands and Brandon continued with another verse following Santiago’s, he looked around a noticed a small crowd had accumulated around them, he turned to the crowd and told them…

“Ladies and Gentleman this is one of the purest elements of Hip-Hop, the cipher is known around the world, listen carefully to how we the emcees take the topics in any direction.”

He smiled and told Brandon….

“Let’s Give them a good show.”

They freestyled for about 5 minutes a piece, Santiago went first for two minutes then Brandon followed after for three minutes, as Marlon changed the beat he saw spiting, Brandon put his hat down in the middle of their circle and Santiago went again for three minutes. As he was rhyming people started to put money in Brandon’s hat, a few people put change and some people threw dollars in, the rest watched. As he was winding down his verse for Brandon to go, more people came and threw more money in his hat, when he stopped he looked at the hat and raised his eyebrows a bit shocked, he didn’t know people like to pay for watching ciphers, he always thought why people never put their hats down to see if they could make money. He was finally seeing it at work, it seemed a bit accidental though, like Brandon thought of it out-of-the-blue.

Seeing the people put more money in the hat, he listened to Brandon finish his verse, he looked to the crowd and said….

“Ladies and gentlemen that was our show. Well be back around same time same place, may you all have a good day and I hope you enjoyed it."

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2009 15:18:47 GMT -6 by santiago » Back to Top