Author Topic: Cravings at the Mall (Dagny/Open) (Read 343 times)
ira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cravings at the Mall (Dagny/Open)
« Aug 25, 2009 15:03:39 GMT -6 »

Ira had dragged Demetri to the mall with her. she found comfort on a camping chair near a fake fire nestled in the back of an outdoors camping store that sells tents and other necessities used whilst camping. Ira wasn't interested in camping or fishing. well, she never tried it. at a young age she was pushed into karate.. and before she had further any chance to try it her father was put into prison... then her. When she got back from prison she was hoping to have family time, but her father killed himself and the rest of the family had not felt comfortable around her. Maybe she will take Demetri and get him to teach her. She assumed he knew how, he was a guy after all. She only knew him for a short period of time, but he already felt close like a father figure.

"We shouldn't be sitting here, Twaddley."He knew her long enough and she was used to being called by her nickname; she insisted he call her that. She didn't give him any recognition for his words and instead, stared deeply into the flickering lights that were inside the plastic fire. Her chin rested in her palms and her elbows found support from her knees. "This is only leading you temptation... that and I don't think the employees here are too happy you are just sitting here and not purchasing their products."

Her grey eyes looked up to his face. He was an attractive old man. Though she knew his past so she never wondered why he was single.

"It makes me feel welcome. Whether it is fake or real, it brings comfort to me. Like the groups of students at a school pretending to be someone else to fit another purpose than what they're intentions are for... like this plastic...both students and this prop are all for show."

Demetri stood, listening to her speech. He was used to her little burst of rants. After all that is where she got her nicknames. That and she liked to find a deeper meaning in things along with connect objects with others.. must have been something she picked up in prison... good observation skills.

"Kay, we can go now." they left the store and eventually Demetri found the mall bathroom. Ira found a couch near the food court and was tempted.. so tempted to walk into the tobacconist store and purchase a lighter. Of course, that would make Demetri more paranoid to got to the bathrooms and leaving her by herself. It would also breach his trust.

Ira decided against breaking the rules and walked up to a girl nearby. She pulled out a Prime Time cigar and let it be known she was holding one so that her next question made sense, "Do you have a light?" when ever she craved fire she smoked.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2009 15:06:35 GMT -6 by ira » Back to Top  
๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Aug 26, 2009 23:56:43 GMT -6 »

Dagny was pleasantly window shopping today. While back in the day she'd do it to daydream about how she'd look in some of the outfits on display, nowadays she windowshops for the sake of appreciating the lengths some employees would go to to greatly promote their store's wares. She was staring at a window display featuring an outfit that looks nice but might not look good on her until she heard someone asking for her assistance. The helpful smile on her face morphed into a tiny wince when she heard the question and saw the cigar. Of all people the pyro asked, Ira asked someone who had an aversion to fire more so than your average person. Sure, she used to do stunts involving fire and heck, she made a flamethrower once, but Dagny didn't really like fire. Her high sensitivity to her surroundings made uncomfortable things more uncomfortable to her and fire was one of them. So was smoking. The Asian adjusted the aviator sunglasses on her face to keep them from sliding off her nose as she responded.

She must be from out of state...

“N-no. Sorry... I don't have a lighter, ma'am... And I'm quite sure you're not allowed to smoke indoors in the state of California. Smoking laws, y'know? Though, I think there might be a designated smoking area somewhere outside. Maybe someone there will have one?”

She looked around with mild concern, in search of an alternative to help this stranger if there were fewer smokers around than she thought. In the course of her lifetime in California, there're plenty of people who didn't give a crap about California's smoking laws and smoked indoors anyways, but it's not like you could tell they were smokers unless they were witnessed smoking.

Alternatively, long-time smokers exhibit disgusting signs of their habit if they don't keep up appearances, but I'm sure people here in Southern California care a bit more about their appearances than NorCal...

ira

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 27, 2009 16:01:21 GMT -6 »

The girl turned down Ira's request and even added the law in her explanation as well. Ira wasn't sure what the law was here exactly, but in Canada... it was the same, no smoking inside. Also a little part of her hoped the girl would have let her light her cigar anyway. knowing Ira, she would have only the puff of the cigar that would start it, put it out, and ask for the light again.

Just as Ira was about to ask again saying are you sire or anything in a desperate attempt at getting to see a licking flame, her counselor just exited the bathroom and his eyes searched the crowds of mall people in hopes to find Ira....safe of fire.

"Thanks anyway." just then Dr. Ways had come up to the two girls with a smile. He was unaware of the fact Ira was about to bum a light because she had sneakily and quickly stuck the cigar in her purse.

"Meeting friends?" he said with a large grin. Demetri always hoped Ira would find a friend. Though Ira did not excel at social connection. She was weird since she was a kid and no one liked to hang out with her. Ira's friends consisted of imaginary friends when she was younger.

"No I'm not. This girl was asking if I had a light and I said no..." Demetri just stared at Ira, hoping she would tell the truth. It was highly likely that happened.

"Sorry about, Twaddley here. She just doesn't want to get in trouble." his eyes stared down Ira, waiting for her to confess.

"I'm sorry for lying. I was asking her if she had a light so i could just see it spark up, 'cause I was almost tempted in buying a lighter of my own. I didn't want to because I have the that that you and police officers frown upon me owning something that may cause fire." she never failed at having a large body of words to explain herself. Demetri held out his hand and Ira handed him the pack of prime times and even the stray she had stuck in her purse when he approached the two of them.

"You don't even like smoking...These are giving you excuses to see fire..You should quit so you aren't tempted."

She looked at the girl that she had asked for a light, but her words were still directed to her supervisor. "She doesn't want to hear your old man lectures..."

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Sept 10, 2009 3:40:35 GMT -6 »

((OOC: xx; Sorry for the wait! I had trouble coming up with a response...))

Eh...? I was the one asking for a light now...? What...

Dagny was now confused. Wasn't she the one who was asked if she had a light? She wanted to butt in on the exchange between the young woman and her friend to provide and receive clarification, but found that keeping quiet would yield just as many answers. To think that the impulse to correct someone was dormant, if not completely nonexistent when she was Valencia... Time can really change a person. She shrugged in a “No problem; She didn't bug me that much” kind of way when Demetri apologized for... Twaddley?

Dang... So she just wanted to look at the flame...? Oy... Please don't tell me she's a pyro... Okay, she can be a pyro, but please not a psychopathic arsonist... Golly, so many smokes...

She was brought out of her mental musing when Ira looked her way while responding to Demetri. What was she supposed to do? One was telling the other to not smoke. Whose “side” should Dagny be on again? She herself isn't too fond of smoking because she's so sensitive to it and fire often makes her discomforted... Yet she wanted to help out Ira since she kinda let her down earlier; She was an empathetic individual, not a sympathetic one. She doesn't even know these people! The most she knows about either one of them is that Ira had a thing for fire and went to certain lengths to look at one. Decisions... Well, Dagny never was a black and white person, so she came up with a compromise.

“If it's not rude of me to say something, going cold turkey isn't healthy. Surely there must be other interests this young lady here may partake in to curb her appetite for... Fire is it? 'Distractive' hobbies, if you will, like window-shopping, pushing kids into fountains, getting your favorite snacks in the food court, or simply hanging out in the arcade. And maybe safer alternatives to checking out fire should it come to it—The idea is to keep a flame under control and not let it go out or out of control, right?”

...Dare I ask what's “unsafe” when it comes to certain types of flames and fires? I mean, if a lighter is temptation, what about sparklers...?