Author Topic: Cutthroat (Open) (Read 364 times)
swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 9, 2009 9:48:09 GMT -6 »

"Keep a low profile, that's what he told me."

Seth Calloway seemed to be buying the Sons of Judas time. What that time was for, Singing Wolf didn't know in the slightest. It wasn't that these were orders from Seth, quite the contrary. In the Sons of Judas there were no orders, no hiearchy. There were, however, threats, and that's how most things needing to be done got done. Again though, that wasn't what Seth did. Opposed to Singing Wolf himself or Fletcher, Seth didn't use threats, at least in the same way. It was more of a...suggestion.

A suggestion Singing Wolf was continually finding harder to do.

Still one of the many schools that didn't have metal detectors, Singing Wolf of course had half a dozen knives on him. He'd recently gotten a plastic knife as well, in the case they did eventually add the metal detectors. It was pretty exciting, the plastic knife. It wasn't fake, it was every bit as sharp as a metal knife though probably not quite as durable. He almost wanted the metal detectors, just for a bit of a challenge.

"But I digress." Singing Wolf exited his thoughts, returning the situation at hand. In that hand, was his favorite knife. On the other end of that blade, was another student.

"I'm not very militiaristic, so you'll have to forgive me." Singing Wolf said, grinning sadistically as he pressed the knife harder into the boy's throat, pinning him between the chalkboard and the blade as the rest of the class, teacher included, watched in horrified, frozen shock.

"You see, its just that I go...CRAZY, I guess, when someone bosses me around. These patches on my coat says I'm what, I private? I don't give a fuck. Those patches on you say what? Private First Class? If I had two shits, I still wouldn't give it. Take away the patches, the age difference, the orders, and this what we have left. My knife, your neck. Now tell me, who's the superior?"

riley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 9, 2009 18:22:17 GMT -6 »

Wrong school. Right time. Right place.

Riley had been playing hookey from school today, just wandering around the town when he decided to visit Henry Knox and visit a friend of his. Of course he had to make up a few stories for security, but it wasn't as if he met anything that hard to get past. He appeared to be just another student. Not that he was really anything but that.

Now he was wandering about the halls, searching for room 120. As he walked by the classrooms he found the room he was looking for. He opened the door very quietly, assuming that class was still in session. However when he looked around, he was rather mistaken.

A boy held another boy against the wall with a knife. Riley blinked. He cocked an eyebrow as he looked around at the horrified students and faculty. The student against the board seemed to had pissed himself, this was understandable as the knife pressed against his throat was rather unsettling to anyone, not to mention the boy with the knife was talking crazy talk.

''What da fuck? No one has pee pants's back?"

He was dressed in sweat pants, a hoodie, and tennis shoes. Tape was wrapped around his hands and wrists, and a bandaid across his cheek.

He took off his hoodie and wrapped it around his right arm, then approached the man with he knife, standing near the desks, about five feet from the man with a grin across his face.

"Lets dance!"

He said with a wide grin to let him know he realized how cliche it was to say something like that. Then he got up into what appeared to be a boxing stance, though he didn't use much boxing, so this stance was a trick.

It was not bravery that compelled him right now, but rather a feeling of interest, he hadn't fought against an opponent with a weapon in some time. He liked fighting against armed opponents. IT was interesting, and it was what his style was made for.

swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 10, 2009 11:53:03 GMT -6 »

Action spurred one of two things, further action or inaction. Singing Wolf had managed to do both, as the class didn't make any moves towards, well, anything. However, for some reason he didn't know or really care, someone else came inside the room. Probably a student, but he didn't know for sure. Singing Wolf and everyone else in the room were wearing their uniform, and he wasn't. Still, probably another dumb kid.

"Alright wigger, have it your way." Singing Wolf snickered, thinking Riley's words cliche just as he assumed he would.

"But I'll lead!"

Singing Wolf suddenly shouted, sliding his kinfe down the boy's neck and plunging it into his left shoulder before tearing it back out. Gripping the boy's collar, Singing Wolf would pivot to the right, shoving him down towards Riley's knees. Continuing the motion, Singing Wolf's body would turn to face his challenger, his left arm whipping up from the hip, wiggling the knife lose from the piece of tape in his sleeve as he tossed it forwards, aimming for the space inbetween Riley's right shoulder and chest, right above the armpit. It was the most powerful throw, but it was one of the quickest. After all, you didn't need to throw it far when your opponent was less than ten feet away...

riley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 10, 2009 20:39:55 GMT -6 »

Riley liked this guy already, he played dirty, although there was no such thing as playing dirty to true fighters. It was all just fighting.

He threw the newly wounded student at Riley, something Riley hadn't quite expected, the boy hit him in his knees, and Riley knew that his opponent would take time to attack him. His mind told him to hold his ground against the injured student, but his instinct made him roll over the fallen boy. And so he followed instinct.

This made his opponent's knife throw miss him, flying over him and into the crowd of desks and people behind them, Riley didn't bother to look at if anyone was harmed.

When fighting a knife fighter close range was bad, but then again far range wasn't that great when your opponent knew how to throw knives. And besides, Riley had no means to fight in anything but close range.

The roll was quick and precise, years of gymnastics was behind it. He was soon back up on his feet, suddenly very close to the knife weilding student.

Riley was a little disorientated from the sudden roll, but he was far from being so dizzy he couldnt attack. He came up quick throwing three punches in succession. One to the pelvis, one to the stomach, and one to the chest. At the last punch he wrapped one arm around the hand with the knife, pulling his opponent's forearm against his side, he did the same thing with the other arm to make his hands usless, then he began to head butt him, with the horn of his head at his opponent's nose.

This sort of fast, crazy, power pulling attacks where what he did best.

swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 11, 2009 14:49:02 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Assuming punches go left, right, left, since I don't believe it was clarified.)

Well... damn.

There were alot of reactions Singing Wolf expected. Among them was not the action Riley had chosen to take. Singing Wolf watched as his throwing knife sailed over the rolling student, flinging and sticking into the wall accross from him. Singing Wolf rarely if ever missed his target. Whether this was luck or skill he didn't know, but it pissed him off all the same.

The challenger was rising to his feet almost as quick as he went down. Following his knife throw, however, Singing Wolf continued forward on his left foot, intending on pressing the advantage he assumed he would have had. Instead, he'd be meeting Riley head on. After all, Singing Wolf had intended to let Riley gain his bearings.

As he popped up and threw his first punch, Singing Wolf's left hand dipped down and inward, parrying the strike past his hip, turning Riley's body just slightly away as he stepped to the angle, making it impossible for Riley to continue with the other two punches without readjusting his body. At this time, in accordance with the parry, Singing Wolf's right hand would plunge inwards like a low hook, planning on stabbing the knife into Riley's left kidney.

riley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 12, 2009 8:30:02 GMT -6 »

[[oops, my bad, you're right of course though.]]

Instinct said he was in trouble. That was not good.

His strike had been blocked, and he wasn't in a correct stance to contine his assult. But all that realy meant was that he'd have to change his tactics, but his enemy was using a knife, that was trouble, it meant more grabbing than parrying, he needed to gain control of that knife hand.

As his opponent stabed at his kidney with the knife, Riley grabbed his wrist with both hands, while taking a step back and pushing up, the knife penetrated him just barley, but not enough to do any serious damage, but he didn't know how long he could keep this akward hold, and he had the other hand to worry about as well.

He reacted quickly, right now was more of a memory of a past knife fight working in his head than his instinct, but he felt it was the best way to go about it. He pushed out suddenly, so that the knife wasn't facing him anymore, but rather out to his left, his right hand stayed on the wrist, pushing as hard as he could to try to keep him from bringing down that knife. Meanwhile his left hand attacked his ribs, with quick smashing motions, while he moved his body to an angle so that the man couldn't hit him with the other hand unless he stepped foward into Riley's punches, which would result in a few broken ribs.

Riley would then let go of him all together with a quick push and stand just out of his reach, ready to duck or dodge if he saw what looked like a throwing hand getting ready.

swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 12, 2009 14:34:14 GMT -6 »

(OOC: I'm not sure how you were able to grab my arm with my parrying you away, but I'll roll with it. That just means I'm not quite sure how the hands are, so let me know if something I do doesn't make sense.)

The knife barely managed to break skin as Riley brought both hands to the knife hand. It was the most often used tactic in knife defense, two on one. The problem was, that tactic was usually for a mugging, or a crime of passion involving the knife. When dealing with a knife fighter, especially the skill that came with the Apache, it was almost as dangerous as letting the knife hand go unchecked altogether.

Riley was probably stronger than Singing Wolf as it was, so with both hands on his right hand, the Apache didn't even bother to fight as his right arm went wide, away from the target. Rather than get placed off balance, Singin Wolf took a step forward with his left foot, placing him even closer to Riley as he stomped on Riley's right foot, leaving his foot there.

Pivoting his hips to the right, along with Riley's push/pull, Singing Wolf sent a sharp left uppercut to the exposed bottom ribs on Riley's right side. This would land just befor Riley would go for his own punch. With his foot trapped under the Apache's and getting struck, this would send Riley off balance and likely cause him to fall on his back. If successful, Singing Wolf would hover over Riley, knife still in hand as he waited for an opening.

riley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 14, 2009 20:19:03 GMT -6 »

[]

This was not like the knife fights Riley was used to. This wasn't just a knife fight. He was used to fighting the people he met behind bars and in alleys or some other cliche place, he'd expected his opponent to come at him with anther knife, not a fist to his ribs.

Riley's teeth clenched together as he took the blow. It hurt badly, and he hadn't had a moment to strike first, but he stood his ground. His opponent wasn't very high in strength, but he was fast as hell, this meant that he was a bit more like Riley, however RIley was quite certian that he was stronger than him, he'd be using that weakness as much as possible.

The punch to his ribs was bad, but it wasn't enough to put him on the ground. Instinct saved him more than anything else. He widened his stance and pushed a little weight onto the hand he was holding back, focusing on keeping his ballance and grip. He knew that if he fell to the floor this fight was just about over, he was terrible in floor battles.

He needed to disable at least one of this guy's hands, he seemed to use them more than anything. Fortunatly for Riley he was holding one of them by the wrist against the wall. RIley took a half a second to catch his breath from the rib punch, then suddenly threw four hard and fast punches with his free hand into his opponenet's hand's fingers, he was focusing on the pinky, pointer, and middle, finger, using powerful punches and accuracy.

His idea was to strike a few fingers on this hand and leave his oppoenent's left hand with a few dislocated fingers, the fingers could be poped back into place, but it would take a bit of time to put them all back in, and using them for punches after they'd been disloacated was probobly a bad idea for his opponent. Of course this action left him a bit unguarded, but his opponent threw fast punches, not strong punches, not that they didn't hurt though.

Directly after his punches to his enemy's left hand he would preform a sort of back hand with his left fist, while pivoting his body and letting go of the hand he was holding, using his newly freed hand to push his enemy off of his foot, by his shoulder, and gain new footing, he'd back off and gained some distance, waiting for his opponent to strike.

swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 15, 2009 13:10:52 GMT -6 »

It wasn't the strike's power that would disrupt Riley's balance, but rather the foot placed ontop of his. Still, with some adjustments to his other foot it seemed that Riley wouldn't be falling over like Singing Wolf had hoped. At the least, it would take him a moment to readjust before throwing out some techniques of his own.

About the same that Riley's fist would first crash into Singing Wolf's hand, Singing Wolf would also be in motion. Bringing his left knee in and up, he aim a devastating knee strike to Riley's crotch, obviously having no qualms about underhanded fighting methods. This attack could be crippling on its own, as with both hands occupied Riley would have no way to block it, let alone see it coming from below. With the pain that came with a strike to the junk, it would be nearly impossible to continue with more punches, at least right away.

The knee strike, dangerous on its own, was nothing more than a cloak for the real move, however. Having already thrown the knife hidden in his left sleeve, Singing Wolf's left hand snatched down at his ankle as his knee came up. Pulling out his boot knife, the second his knee came down from the crotch his hand shot out, stabbing into the gut of the preoccupied opponent. Leaving the knife in, Singing Wolf would push in a second time, furthering the damage as he looked Riley in the eye.

"Game's over."

riley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 15, 2009 17:13:08 GMT -6 »

Pain errupted through out Riley's body when a knee met his groin. He grinned suddenly through his pain, a look of sheer joy on his face. He was crippled for a moment, and couldn't fight back, but he was happy how this fight was turning out. His opponent was fighting like a real fighter should: no such thing as a cheap shot. Riley liked that, and if his opponent didn't seem insane he might actualy persuade him to get a drink later. However this was not the case, nor was this the time to be worrying about things like that.

The pain was awful, but he knew that if he wanted to live he'd have to take another moment to get away from his opponent, because his instinct was going wild, it was bringing back memories of opponents with hidden weapons, and he knew that right now he needed some distance.

Through the pain he used one hand to grip his opponent's wrist as he drew the knife from his boot, while the other shoved his shoulder, knocking him away while he still had one foot in the air, setting him off balance, and onto the floor, he was grabbing the shoulder of the opposite arm whose wrist he was holding, using both as a leverage to upset his enemy's balance.

Riley hopped back and clenched his teeth through his pain filled grin, a painful chuckle found it's way through his teeth as he danced away, putting some distance between them, but staying wary incase of a thrown blade.

"Ooooh! Fuck me, man that was brutal!"

He said, then got back into a stance, this time he stood still, waiting for his opponent to strike first.

« Last Edit: Sept 15, 2009 17:14:52 GMT -6 by riley » Back to Top  
swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cutthroat (Open)
« Sept 17, 2009 22:17:04 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Sorry if its short. My fight posts tend to just get to the point.)

Singing Wolf didn't know how exactly, but Riley's reactions were continually quick enough to save his life. Despite both the cover and the distraction of the knee strike, his opponent managed to block the smaller boot knife before it made it to its target. The push literally turned to shove.

Riley was more or less playing patty cake with Singing Wolf, moving from hand to hand and limb to limb. By blocking the left hand and pushing the shoulder, he kept from being damaged, but only for a moment longer. That left his right hand free yet again. He had a shorter reach than Riley, and his hand wouldn't be able to reach him. Unfortunately for Riley, a knife lengthened that reach, making it able for Singing Wolf to slash from the lower left ribs all the way up past the right peck in a long, but relatively shallow slash accross the chest.

Taking a large step back with his left foot as he did so to keep from being knocked off balance, Singing Wolf's right hand would whip back downwards as his right took a follow step backwards. The end result immediately following the slash would be another knife throw, this time with the right hand as he threw the knife downwards no more than a yard away to the left foot of Riley. At their proximity, there was almost no way to dodge it, even if one could proccess the move's occurance.