Author Topic: Back into the swing of things (Open) (Read 367 times)
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Back into the swing of things (Open)
« Sept 19, 2009 14:58:13 GMT -6 »

Connor sat in the desk, trying his best to keep his mind on his work. However, his return back to the states wasn't exactly met with warm welcome and open arms. But, at least now it seemed Berlin and he would reconcile, and he had a new pet waiting on him. Still, it was not easy to come back here, and he felt like a new student all over again.

School was simple enough. It was navigating the school which was tough. His lack of sight wasn't helpful, and even with his ability to read vibrations it was still more than a challenge. All the loud noises and conversations in the hallways blurred everything so much that he could barely move without fear of running into a wall, person, or other object.

His cane in hand, the pierce of the bell (something he still couldn't get used to) signaled the end of that lesson, and it was now off to lunch. His cane swung in front of him in small arcs along the ground. Though it kept his front clear, it didn't help from behind.

The noise masked everything, and so the shove wasn't even detected. Connor was sent sprawling to the floor, though his grip on his cane remained tight. He didn't move right away.

"You were walking in my way, cripple."

Connor could tell by his voice the boy was on the large side. The stereo typical bully type. Connor snorted. "Yeah, I bet. me and about half the student body. Perhaps only eating one lunch would solve that."

A few laughed. "You son of a bitch."

The boy headed over to Connor and picked him up roughly. Bad move. Connor swung his body around, and his cane connected with the side of the boy's head. Another few swings, and he had managed to smash the kid's jaw and nose.

What few people realize is that calling someone a son of a bitch insults their mother, not them. Connor didn't approve of ANYONE talking about his mother, regardless that she was not alive to know about it. The smile faded fast from Connor's face, and an expression came over him that would chill most anyone. His eyes were not covered with his shades, and the glare looked almost as if he could see right into the boy's soul.

He spoke soft enough for the boy to hear, and anyone else who was listening in. Soft was scarier than yelling. "Come at me ever again, and what just happened will seem like a tickle." Connor then headed away as if nothing happened, and toward the lunch room.

Connor was not one to be overly violent, and he used his training for self defense. However, given everything that has happened over the course of his life, as well as the recent trip, he was still searching for his "path."

Well, that and he really doesn't like bullies.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Sept 19, 2009 15:18:19 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Fangirl hug!)

Lunch. Yum!

The large Boston native burst through the doors to the Fremont cafeteria. It was always swarmed no matter how much they tried to spread out the populace. One of the features a lot of the public and students neglected was the overload of students. People from Chula Vista, San Diego, and all the Dormies together overflowed the school. That bad part about that in lunch was that there wasn't enough food to go around. If you were as late as Roth then you were fucked.

It had been a long day so far. Roth had already been challenged and won a couple fights today. He was tired of fighting, plus had actually attended and participated in three of his classes. When Roth entered the pack lunch room he panicked. With no more then a thought the large figure in the trench coat bolted through the room at the Lunch lines.

A shove here, and punch there resulted due to him shoving his way through the jam packed line. In a matter of half a minute Roth grabbed any food he could and dodged a wide kick to the nads on his way to the register. But of course, Roth had forgotten his wallet. He thought for a moment, and then saw his way out.

"Hey look over there!"

A quick point to two students dukeing it out and Roth grabbed the now stolen food and was gone. He disliked stealing, and would probably pay for it later (unless he forgot) but he was starving.

Roth walked around for a bit to calm his nerves. He looked over to his right to where he saw the two students fighting before. Now he saw one less student and one familiar face. Roth smiled and made his way to the scene.

"Well if it ain't the Blind Bad Ass! How you been man!?"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 20, 2009 9:49:26 GMT -6 »

The fight was more than over by now, and Connor knew he was late to lunch for it. He doubted he would get much considering they packed the students like sardines into the cafeteria. One of the reasons Connor took his food outside whenever possible. Though still a bit crowded, the outdoors helped to disperse the noise better than the echoes of the lunch room.

As he headed to the lunch line, hoping that there was at least one cheeseburger left, he heard a familiar voice call to him. He smiled, and stopped, allowing the large boy to approach without the risk of a collision.

Connor had fought alongside Roth twice, once trying to leave the school, and once again at Roth's place of employment. Though their styles of fighting were vastly different, they had made an effective pair. A grappler and a striker. They managed to cover all aspects.

Connor gave a short nod, and his mood lightened. He was about to greet Roth when he realized that when he took his leave, he never even told him. His face turned red, and he felt like a jerk. However, he still gave a wave and a nod. "Hey. So, I guess you're still around." He grinned. "Your walking, so you couldn't have gotten into too much trouble while I was gone."

He gave the back of his head a little scratch, and spoke. "Hey, sorry I took off without telling you. I didn't exactly have much notice I was leaving." He knew though, by the tone in his friends voice that the boy held no ill will towards him. "My former sensei took me back to his home in Japan. I got some training in, and headed back." It wasn't the full story, but it covered everything, save for Berlin. That was not a topic Connor wished to discuss right now.

"So, is there any food left, or did I get held up too long?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 15:05:04 GMT -6 »

"Ah, don't worry bout getting food in that madhouse. I got enough for the both of us! Although I'm heading outside if thats cool with you."

Although Conner might not have known it Roth was smiling pretty damn wide. He hadn't see his buddy in over a month with no idea of his whereabouts. He couldn't blame him for it. Roth had walked in and out of so many peoples lives in many quick and abrupt ways.He wasn't the kind for long good byes, even when he knew he was coming back.

"And yeah, don't worry about it. Although I expect to see some of that new training you talked about."

The Bostonian stood there smiling for a little bit more before taking off. He tried to make his steps loud for his friend to make them easy to follow. Wasn't too hard for a man his size too. Roth was really one of the only muscular figures over 200 pounds, and still a speedy fighter.

Roth would eventually make his way to the doors leading outside and push through them holding the large metal door open. The sun was still out. Good heat, moderate humidity, and only a few long white clouds left wisping in the air. Pretty good looking day.

"So, you got any special place out here?"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 15:56:25 GMT -6 »

Roth held no animosity, and Connor breathed a sigh of relief. It made things WAY less awkward, and that was something Connor needed now. Too many moments had been uncomfortable as of late, and this was more than welcome. Roth mentioned eating outside, and Connor was quick to accept, as well as the offer of food. Saved him time in line, too.

"Outside? More than fine by me. The noise is a bit much in here." He grinned as his friend led him out, Connor managing to pick up the extra effort and sound in Roth's step. "I owe you one."

Roth mentioned any special spot, and Connor shook his head. He felt the sun on his face, and the warm breeze. A great day. "No. Anywhere is fine." They settled, and Roth split his food with the boy. Of course, he was interested in Connor's training, and Connor obliged.

He kept his voice down, as he didn't need the whole campus knowing what he was talking about. Though, if someone happened to be walking close enough, they might catch a word or two.

"Well, as far as the training goes, I have been working on something to overcome more of my handicap. Though, it's far from perfection." He took a bite of his lunch gift. "You already know I can't see. It's not exactly a secret. By sound and vibration, I can make most things out, just not detail. I've been using my other senses to guide me."

He thought for a moment. All the training he owed to his former sensei, a relationship that had only recently been cut. Would they make amends? Connor wasn't sure, and shook the idea out of his head for now.

"My biggest problem was anything or anyone airborne. There is no vibration given off, and if my opponent leaves the ground, I have to take a real lucky guess where they'll be. Still, it leaves me open, and any moment given is an opportunity you give away." Connor's friendly tone remained, but it took on a bit of seriousness to it. "My training wasn't about new moves. It was about finding a way to target something in the air."

He grinned. "There are disturbances in the air, and vibrations that happen, similar to sound waves bouncing off when a bat gives a cry. Sonar. Not to that degree, but something similar. The vibrations given off when a foot contacts the ground creates a sound. Though I can hear more than well, it is tuning it even farther." He shrugged. "It's not flashy, but it is useful."

Roth was the first person Connor discussed his actual weakness to. Well, aside from his sensei. He trusted the boy, and felt that there was little worry about betrayal. "So, what about you? What did you do while I was gone? Any changes I should know about?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 17:00:49 GMT -6 »

Roth tried his best to listen intent. It was hard and confusing. He understood the overall jist of it, but had never took a physics lesson in his life, thus unable to understand a lot of the talk on vibrations and 'seeing without eyes'. What he did understand however, was the objective and the use in combat. With this skill trained to perfection, Conner would definitely be a force of reckoning.

"Well I tried that once with ya. The team moved we used the first time we fought where I had you jump. It was a similar trial, and you nailed it. Now just think of how better you'll get with this new tactic."

The smile on Roth's face grew. Now the person who he saw as his closest friend in the place (Taku at a close second) getting even better at fighting exited him. Now he had someone to further relate to, and both with a nice handicap. Conner was blind, and Roth was a virtual retard.

Quickly Roth began to eat his portion of food. He would finish before him and then wait for Conner as he looked to the surroundings. There was a clear path of green field just a few meters away from them. Roth starred at it for a little while before turning back to Conner with an idea.

"Well we still got about ten minutes of lunch. I say we test out this new skill-set of yours to burn those extra calories. You in?"

(ooc: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 200th POST!!!!!!!)

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 18:08:42 GMT -6 »

He could almost feel the poor boy's confusion. Connor didn't exactly speak like a typical teen all the time. Mostly, it was due to the way he was raised and trained. But, when he explained the basics of "target someone in the air," Roth got it. He referenced back to their first fight side by side, and Connor nodded. "Exactly. Same premise, but without having to guess and pray."

Connor finished eating, indeed slower than Roth. Connor was significantly smaller than his friend in build, though he could eat. He had not been in that much of a hurry. He was drinking down the last of his water when Roth suggested a sparring match, and Connor half chocked, half spit the water to his side, thankfully not hitting his friend with backwash.

He cleared his throat, and smiled weakly. "Well... um... sure." He downed the water. I wasn't exactly expecting to fight. And the technique isn't nearly ready enough to use completely. I still need time. Maybe I can postpone this for later?

"If there is a clear spot, that'll work just fine." Great. I just can't ever listen to good advice, even when it comes from me!

The trash was tossed, and the boys found the clearing. It was mostly out of sight, but not hidden completely. Connor stood a bit away from Roth. He knew the boy was a grappler. Connor, a striker. If Roth took hold of him, Connor didn't have the body weight or muscle mass to counter it. He would have to have precision timing, use Roth's own weight against him if he got too close, and pray he could manage to use at least some of what he was currently training.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 18:25:54 GMT -6 »

Roth's everlasting smile never left his face since the moment Conner said yes. This was something he had wanted for a long, long time. This kid was something else. Some students in the Collective were MMA trained, seven feet tall, and as fast as Roth, but both himself and Conner could take'em all down.

Roth and his buddy now stood waiting in the clearing. Roth began to jump a bit side to side while rotating his wrists in a loosening fashion while they grasped each other. First Roth decided to set down the ground rules. A spar always had rules and Roth would make them to help them both out.

"Alright. The rules are as follows. 1: Do not talk about fight club, 2: No holding back. 3: No nad shots. and 4th:..uhh....fuck it, LET'S GO!"

Surprise! That was a key element Roth used in all of his fights. Whether it was a random move pulled straight from his ass, or his impenetrable will and ability to take damage. For now it would be his instant assault on his sparing partner.

With a quick rush the trench coated figure came at Conner full speed. Now it was time to test him. With a large step and a leap Roth hurled his large body into the air with a spin to his right. As he spun toward Conner He Would shoot out his right leg which would be sent spinning at Conner's left shoulder...or head...Roth wasn't very accurate.

Either way this was his first test for Conner. His signature move, the VanDaminator. Roth used this in almost every fight he could. Flashy, effective and helped maintain balance. If Conner could do something with this he would be ready for test two.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 19:02:09 GMT -6 »

Roth seemed very excited. Now, truth be known, Connor enjoyed a good spar. Though not a violent person, he had to admit that fighting was fun. he approached it like a game. However, he was still recovering from some personal emotional trauma, and was only feeling on the 'alright' side. Still,a good spar might be just what he needed. He hoped so.

He could follow Roth's bouncing, as he didn't exactly leap into the air. Connor remained unmoving, and steadied himself. Even though they were friends, Connor wasn't about to let his guard down. Roth laid down the rules, and then with very little warning, moved.

Connor had a feeling Roth would pull this, but expected the boy to clothes line or spear him. Instead, Roth left the ground, and Connor lost the un-detailed image that gave him his large friends position. Connor focused, and it was only about a foot when something felt like it was closing and fast. He had no time to counter, and was more focused on keeping his body in tact.

Connor dropped, tucked and rolled to his left, and stood, crouched. It moved him out of line, but didn't give him an opening to strike. He wished there had been an opening for him, but then again, he reminded himself that this was still way better than nothing.

One step at a time.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 24, 2009 14:44:46 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try a bit of a new writing style. Hope it's easy enough to follow)

Swing and miss!

Strike One!

The landing took quite an impact. Over two hundred twenty pounds of muscle and lunch food dropped to the ground as the man named Roth stuck his landing. His meaty left leg smashed into the grass first with his swinging right legs dragging against the friction of the cold earth making a small trail.

"The was pretty good. Now it's time to step it up a notch."

Experiment time. Roth had a hidden agenda in this sparing match. He wanted to train himself as well. He wasn't sure who he would be fighting for his coveted Wrestling title this October, but what he did know was that the higher up a person was, the harder it would be for them to smash a light tube on your face.

With a moments notice Roth went into a full on sprint at Conner. When the Boston wrestler had a few good feet away he would tuck'n'roll into a somersault completing one rotation. At the end of his roll Roth would use his spinning momentum to leap into the air with another 360 degree roll.

This time Roth had a precise aiming point. Conner's neck. The point of this modified Rolling Thunder was to confuse an opponent and land with his right hand around their arm with a hard kinetic pull onto Roth's knee. Basically an STO Backbreaker with a flashy twirl to confuse the opponent and an ending submission hold.

Now this was the moves debut. This was testing for the real thing. Everything needed to be experimented before but to hard use. Luckily for Conner, this was only one many attacks that he would have to counter, or dodge if he really sought to better himself.

Batter Up!

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 25, 2009 9:57:30 GMT -6 »

Connor had only barely managed to dodge, and Roth only gave a small bit of words before launching into his next attack. Connor felt him sprint, then roll, and then, nothing. Connor figured he had left the ground again, but it was right in front of him. Connor was good at predicting, but not having this skill fully mastered only gave him the heads up when Roth connected.

Connor was not a grappler. Nor was he familiar with the pro wrestling moves Roth so adeptly used in his fights. This one was more painful than the red head would have liked, and could feel the pain in his spine, as well as the cracking before he hit the ground. He was dazed and winded, but his bones were in tack. Roth just acted as an instant chiropractic.

The problem was, Connor had no idea where Roth was now, and was to unfocused to try to find him. This is bad. I need to breathe.

He knew the boy was his friend, but he doubted Roth would give him enough time to recover. Connor had to hope he could counter the next move. For the moment, he was at the larger boy's mercy.

OOC: No worries. I can follow the style. Youtube is a great resource.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 30, 2009 13:50:35 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Congratulations on Baby, house, and Leadership!)

Swing and a Hit!

Man on First!

The Rolling Thunder STO Backbreaker worked. In other words Roth just added a new move to his professional arsenal. He would have to think about what to really call it later. He was now on a roll, the start of what he hoped to be a combination of epic proportions.

Roth stood looking a Conner as he rolled over and away. This timer there would be no words, only movement. Roth sprinted back wards a few feet, and then forward. He would rush with a good speed toward his downed opponent with only the sounds of air going throughout his system, and the tapping of hi feet. A few feet a way Roth would make a very small leap into the air and extend his body horizontal into a baseball slide.

Simple, yet effective and technically aerial. Low enough to the ground where Conner would have a chance to dodge, or even take the hit. Only a few more moves until Roth would unleash the ultimate finally.

Second Batter Up!

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2009 9:13:01 GMT -6 »

Roth was quick for his size. Connor had hoped that somehow his movements would be slower, that his bulk would hinder him. Boy was that hoping for a bit too much. He wasn't giving Connor recover time, at least not enough for Connor to spring and attack. No, Connor had to rely on precise timing.

He was taking all the time he could to gather his breath, which wasn't easy. Thankfully, he could control his breath, and was gaining something back. He hoped it would be enough. He felt with everything he had, and felt the moment when Roth left the ground.

Based on what he could tell, it was a head on attack. Connor looked like he couldn't move, and Roth had headed straight for him. Connor let a fraction of a second pass once Roth jumped, then rolled to the side.

It had been timed well enough, and he felt Roth land close. Connor turned to face the boy, laying on his left side to do so. He grabbed Roth's head with his right hand. He didn't force it, just guided a little. He brought his right knee up to meet Roth's head or face (should Roth look up). Connor, for what it's worth, knew how to use his strength very well, allowing him to attack effectively from this awkward position. That, and knowing Roth was physically stronger meant that Connor had to make his hits count.

Once he connected, he rolled again, and got to his feet. He hoped to have dazed Roth at least a little, and allow for a bit more time for breathing. He would have loved to take this chance to attack, but he was still getting his wind back. At least he could stand, which made getting air easier.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 5, 2009 16:15:11 GMT -6 »

Swing and a Miss

Strike Two!

Roth skidded on the freshly cut green grass pulling it up from it's tender roots to the surface of his long dark blue jeans. Both his feet slid deep into the soil. But there was nothing else there. Conner made a nice quick dodge at a low aerial strike. Before Roth knew exactly what was going on he felt a hard knee go straight into his jaw. Conner had a lot more power then Roth originally thought.

Dazed for a moment Roth got up to stand and face his sparing partner. Then he looked at the large clock on the school building nearest to them. Five more minutes, which meant they were about half way through.

"Alright Conner, you take aerial pretty well, now let's try something your a little better at."

By the time Roth finished his words he was once again rushing at the Blind Bad Ass. This time he would be focusing more on strikes with his Muay Thai training instead of his wrestling up-brining.

Ad he got within good range a full round house kick was sent for the left side of Conner's head with his right foot. If it hit then Roth would wait for his friend to regain his composure, if if was blocked the he would bring down the leg and go for a straight 1 dimensional punch. But if Conner was fun and he ducked or backed away then the Boston native would spin with the kick and go for a Pele Kick.

2 strikes and 0 outs!

Time to get a man on second!

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 9, 2009 9:47:40 GMT -6 »

Roth seemed a little impressed. Maybe it was just pride in his friend. Whatever the case, Roth was still alright, and Connor was breathing again. Now, Roth was going to be playing ball on Connor's home field. That, well... Roth wasn't fully aware how good Connor was. Giving him an advantage like this might not be the best idea, but Connor wasn't about to argue.

Connor's style was based on something Suichi had become a master of, known by English translation as Four Elemental Kung Fu. Basicly, the four elements make up the whole, each element of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water coming from different styles of martial arts. Water meant flow, Earth meant balance, Air meant ability to change, and Fire was energy and unpredictability. At least, in a real quick summing up (can't take up the whole page discussing the details here, now can I?)

Connor's Blind Eye gave him all of these without sight (a modified version of course). Tai Chi represented the flow of water, and thus would be applied here to Roth's kick. Connor brought both hands in, then up, connecting gently where Roth's foot met his leg, and guided it safely away from his face. As the punch came in, Air took over.

Roth would feel as if he struck nothing. Which is what would happen. Connor would sidestep the punch, putting him in line with the opening created. Stomach level, where Connor would unleash Earth (grounding himself in place) and Fire (the explosive power within) with a double strike to Roth's mid section. Should all go well, Connor would step back, taking advantage of the momentary stun, and perform a step behind side kick, aimed right at Roth's chest.

He wasn't trying to kill his friend. He could have easily nailed Roth in the face. Roth would know it, too. But, this fight was a simple spar, and neither one was trying to put the other in the infirmary of the school. It was a test, and a game, and both were enjoying playing.

After the exchange, Connor would still be facing Roth, with just enough distance to keep each other at bay. Connor wanted to stay out of his reach, less he go back into wrestling. Connor could grapple a little, but Roth's brute strength and weight against Connor's would... well... let's just say he would rather avoid that, yes?

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 19:39:20 GMT -6 »

"There we go, now let's see you do that again, only this time hit me like you mean it."

The two friends now had some good distance on them. Conner had gotten some good strikes on Roth as well as avoiding and blocking the past few attempts. Perhaps Roth was underestimated the power of this Blind Eye.

Roth began to constantly shift his weight left and right. Slowly he would close in on Conner keeping a boxing like stance up. He was done wrestling for now. It was time to refine both their skills in striking. Roth was always a fast fighter, and he had only recently been training it.

"Remember, right now I'm the enemy."

Right after those words Roth sent out a flurry of moves. Three small hooks, 2 right 1 left, aimed at the chest of Conner. After each consecutive strike Roth would spin around to hie left and throw a wide left back fist for his face. Quickly following the back-fist Roth sent a right kick coming for Conner's ribs. Last but not least Roth would unleash a power-packed right jab right between Conner's blind eyes.

A relivavlty simple combo based on body flow and momentum. Either way they would both benefit. Roth would develop speed in striking, and Conner would develop his Blind Eye's sight or his durability.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 20:59:39 GMT -6 »

OOC: I will refer to the techniques by their element names. If any bit of it is confusing, let me know. I will be happy to clarify.

It was true that Connor had held back. He had aimed for a spot that would phase Roth the least. A strike the the boy's chest would not be as effective as somewhere else Connor could have easily targeted, and his did this with intention. Roth was his friend. "Wait, you want me to hurt you?" Connor was a bit confused. To him, this was simply a training game. Roth wanted more out of Connor, mainly because he knew Connor had more to give.

Right now, he was the enemy. Connor might have argued that point, but Roth came at him, now switching to boxing. Connor was not a huge fan of that style. It limited the user to their fists. Unless it was kickboxing. Connor didn't know how many styles Roth knew. He figured he was merely a wrestler, and that was obviously a mistake.

The punches came fast, but not holding all Roth's power. Connor tried to block the first one solid. That was dumb. He was successful, but it had hurt his arm. The second he just guided, using Water. The third, Air. He had leaned back, and come forward again. That proved to be a dumb idea. He came back as Roth finished the spin. Connor detected it, but could only bring up his guard, and now his left arm was stinging as well.

The kick came, and Connor barely reacted in time. The kick caught him, but he adjusted his weight and hands in time to keep his ribs safe. The last attack was a straight forward punch, and Connor could feel the power before the punch came.

He let his body move, allowing his subconscious to take control without planing. Water and Fire. As the fist came, he brought up his right hand to intercept it at the wrist. The left came from underneath, even with Connor's right elbow. The fist and arm give a straight line right to the throat and face. One did not have to look in order to make contact. Connor's left hand remained on Roth's wrist, while the right shot straight at his face in an open-palm strike for his chin.

This would allow Connor to move the punch offline, while at the same time taking the opportunity to strike a the opening.

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2009 19:31:11 GMT -6 »

The next few moments would seem like a blur to a person such as Roth who wasn't extremely adapted to Conner's fluid movements, Conner showed power, speed, and his fighting ability all in just a few punches. The kick landed but was blocked enough to have it toned down. This unfortunately was where Conner would make his mistake.

Roth unleashed the final power-packed punch aimed for Conner's face. His friend deflected, blocked and countered all in one motion. Now Roth was caught by the wrist and took a full force palm strike to his chin. Theres the power he was waiting for. That hurt good, and now he knew what he needed to know.

Roth moved back a step or two after the blow. Unfortunately for Conner, Roth knew exactly what to do now. With a slight twist and extension of his hand Roth latched his captured hand onto Conner's own wrist. Leaning back slightly, Roth would then pull Conner into him, and himself at Conner. Roth's left arm would extend in a clothesline for the flying boy.

*BEEEP*

And there it was. The five minutes were up. With quick reaction to the bell Roth grabbed Conner's shoulder stopping him from colliding with himself or the ground. Releasing his friend Roth stood back and smiled.

"Well, ya did good. Now that I know just how good you are I have a favor to ask of you, and I promise to pay you back for it. Have you ever heard of the SDCFL?"

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 22, 2009 16:03:40 GMT -6 »

Connor was able to prove his worth, and he felt like he was catching Roth off guard. But, he had to get close to strike, and that put him within Roth's reach. For someone who can grapple Like Roth, Connor should have known to keep better distance. Though his strike landed, it wasn't enough to take Roth down. It had, however, given him full opportunity to catch Connor, and in this predicament, there was no way Connor was going to block, avoid, or otherwise. It was obvious on his face that he knew it, too.

He was hit, but shortly after caught, and hear Roth's approval. Connor took a deep breath, and let it out. He was trying to let the feeling in his chest where Roth connected go. Roth spoke with excitement, and Connor smiled, but shook his head. "Pay me back? You sparing with me helps me, so that is all the pay I could ask for." Yeah... he had a strange way of thinking.

"As for the SDCFL, I am afraid I don't know what that is. But, I have a feeling you're going to tell me about it. So, go for it."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 24, 2009 15:24:37 GMT -6 »

"Well, your the smart one after all."

Conner was indeed smart. Each time Roth interacted with him he always was a step or two ahead of everyone else. Thats what Roth liked about him, he wasn't one of his normal loud mouth friends with grades worse then him self. Conner was smart, skilled, and for some reason Roth felt a pull between the two friends.

"Well it's the company I work for, and the people we fought at the restaurant. Basically it's like San Diego's cross on WWE and UFC."

Roth began to walk over to the school, gesturing by tapping his foot on the ground for Conner to follow. He watched for a moment as all the other students originally outside were all gone. Gleaming white buildings, a few nice trees and a small breeze. It was rare for a moment of peace like this, but Roth waited to try his best to enjoy every moment of it.

"Theres a tag bout on October 30th, and theres a person entered in that, and another match. His name is Joshua "J.T." Treborn. To make a very long story short, I need you to help me wear him down during that tag match so I can take him out later that night."

Roth's fun tone from before ended here. Every part of his speech was slow with a combination of seriousness and hatred. Just the though and imagery of JT boiled his blood. What he had done to Aleece was unforgivable, and he would do what ever he could to end him, including enlisting his friend to obtain a second agenda. Roth and Conner, SDCFL Tag Team Champions. A very nice ring to that.