Author Topic: Scorned Before The Words [very open] (Read 311 times)
sharrahenley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Scorned Before The Words [very open]
« Sept 20, 2009 23:16:47 GMT -6 »

Today was the first official day of classes for Cassandra, here at Knox as the English teacher, she would see if she was indeed right in thinking that her calling was truly here. Amidst the undisciplined, unruly and lost souls she would do her best to guide and mold them into something that was actually wanted by society. The first day's lessons were all laid out and of course she had been early, she hadn't made idle chit chat with the other staff, finding the effort asinine at the very least.

In front of her desk at the front of the room she leaned on the edge one propped next to her hip, her ankles crossed in front her as she waited for the daily string of students bustle in. In a sea of uniformed camo each and everyone of them looked the same and if she wasn't a particularly observant individual she wouldn't have taken care to actually see them. But that wasn't her purpose here was it? To merely impart dry literary sense on them and go about her business...No...it wasn't.

Still they would all come to see what she was about soon enough.

Cassandra was a picture of severity, her expression pressed down into a no nonsense line not betraying a thing, her blond hair pulled back in its customary twist. The only thing that could be spotted as out of character for her was the white woman's business suit she wore, the color more on the light side then she was accustom to or the norm for her. She understood this would be no easy task for her to get through to most under her instruction from today on, but she was an adequately prepared individual, and confident in her abilities as an educator.

Pushing off from her desk Cassandra straightened then rounded it going to the board and picked up a piece of fresh chalk scribbling her name down in loopy cursive quickly. "Welcome everybody," she started her tone just as straight laced as one would expect from her appearance, "while this is far from being your first day of class here at Knox, it is your day with me..."

Replacing the chalk to the tray she turned casually and took the few steps she needed to, to get back to her desk and leaned forward enough to rest her hands on the edge of her desk from behind - eying the group as she did. "So you can forget anything your ill prepared teacher before has taught, because I am here now with words of real value that will no doubt prepare you for life. I will not tolerate insolent behavior in my class room, I will not let laziness slide - if you think you are to good to carry on with some sibilance of real human intellect then you are free to leave and prove everyone right that you are nothing more then errant dogs...of the Chula Vista Collective..."

Raising an eyebrow almost curiously to see if anyone would actually have something to say about that, the pause long enough to allow anyone the chance, before she straightened again and turned her back to the room with a breath.

"Open your books to chapter one...from the beginning now - since we have a lot of ground to cover, I'm sure. Common errors in English usage..."

((Ooc - this thread is open for any and all Knox students, first impressions? Cause some problems? Its all welcomed...really just a crack tread =3))

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

Scorned Before The Words [very open]
« Sept 21, 2009 1:30:17 GMT -6 »

Stealing uniforms from Knox was going to be a lot harder than stealing from the other schools for Dagny since the students seemed to always wear them. On top of that, the uniforms not being worn were for other seasons, so the Desert Camo she found laying about (and promptly took) wasn't going to help her much... Especially now, since she looked a bit out of place with everyone else wearing their Orange Camo for the fall. She was better off wearing a cardboard box... And in a cardboard box she was when she was unknowingly transported into an English class since she was mistaken for a box of textbooks. She knew what kind of class she was in when she heard Cassandra give her intro and boy, was Dagny glad that everyone seemed to already have their books. She adjusted her goggles and tried to move into a more comfortable position. The only way anyone would hear her was if the room was completely silent and she hoped it wasn't going to be.