Author Topic: Cook, Anthony Jameson (Read 424 times)
cook

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cook, Anthony Jameson
« Sept 21, 2009 19:21:58 GMT -6 »

Personal Information
    [/b] John C. Fremont High School
    Year: Junior; Year 11

Name: Anthony Jameson Cook II
    Alias: Tony, Tone, James, Jamie, A.J., Cook
    Date of Birth: October 30, 199x
    Nationality: English-American
    Ethnicity: Anglo-Saxon
    Blood Type: O+
    Height: 5’ 11½”
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Hair Colour: Dark chocolate brown
    Eye Color: Varying shades of blue
    Handedness: Right-handed
    Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual[/ul]

Physical Appearance

Apparel & Accessories

Personality

Miscellaneous Information
          • When travelling, almost exclusively uses a skateboard
          • Experienced in controlling himself whilst under the influence
          • Achieves top scores in his classes; a reflection of his inherent intelligence
          • Smokes cigarettes as a fashion statement
          • Good athlete due to his physical prowess, but limited by his smoking habit
          • Fluent in British English (has a noticeable accent), French, and Spanish
          • Exceptional singer and (acoustic) guitarist, and a rusty violinist

Combat
            [/b]
            Strength: C
            Dexterity: B
            Constitution: E
            Wisdom: B

Style:
            T’ai chi ch’uan-based freestyle fighting. When it comes down to it, Tony is a street fighter, not a martial artist, but when witnessed in action it becomes apparent that his style harbours strong influences from the ancient Chinese martial art. T’ai chi ch’uan teaches its students a wide range of techniques spanning across the spectrum of disciplines. From striking with the arms and legs and all of their corresponding components, to grappling techniques such as throwing and joint manipulation, Tony has a well-balanced arsenal at his disposal. He is effective at all ranges, but prefers to stay at mid-long range to utilize his speed and minimize damage.

Weaknesses:
            Tony’s most glaring flaw would be his affinity for inhaling smoke. His habit has dampened his lungs’ ability to absorb oxygen, and more often than not will he need to stop and spark up a cigarette when doing anything that puts strain on his respiratory system for an extended period of time. Being something of a pretty-boy, Tony does not enjoy getting struck in the face, and especially does not enjoy having his blood drawn. He also isn’t very fond of contests of brute strength, for larger opponents will usually overpower him. There isn't much of a fighting spirit within Tony, and because of his analytical nature, he will often concede if he believes he is at a severe disadvantage in order to minimize his losses.

Strengths:
            Going through life wearing a mask, Tony effortlessly hides his true feelings. If his opponent has injured him or if something is bothering him, his face will remain stoic, giving no indication that he is affected. Due to his distaste for roughness and getting hit in the face, Tony has learned to be very elusive. His reactions are swift, and if he can’t completely avoid a hit, he will absorb it in a less detrimental area. He possesses a good amount of flexibility, excellent balance, and an impressive grip strength from his T’ai chi ch’uan training. His perception is outstanding; Tony can often analyze and accurately decipher his opponents within moments of engagement.[/ul]

History
              [/i] The older gentleman stated, adjusting his bifocal reading lenses as he sifted through a dozen sheets he had just retrieved, neatly paper-clipped together, from a crisp manilla folder his secretary had placed on his desk. As if indicating he had found the information he was looking for, the man tilted his head up and grimaced, his brown eyes peering down at the sheet sitting on top of the pile of paper. “Anthony Jameson Cook, is it?” he inquired, and Tony responded promptly and politely.

“Yes, sir.”

“Hmm, yes. Good, good,” the man muttered while he went through the sheets of paper before him. “Your record is clean. No history of violence, not a single recorded incident of misbehaviour, and excellent grades. I understand you currently reside in San Diego and were attending a local secondary school there. With such stellar results, what made your parents decide to transfer you over to the John C. Fremont Instution of the Chula Vista Collective of Higher Learning?”

Tony smiled, emitting none of the smugness he intended with it. The man across from him had already been deceived, and he was completely unaware of it. “Well, sir, you did just mention it as an institute of higher learning, so I believe that my parents felt I could gain much more by attending here than my previous school. The leaflet they received in the mail was very informative and convincing.”

“I see, I see.” The man continued to shuffle through the papers, stopping periodically to adjust his glasses upon his nose. “Hmm, so you were born in London, England to Anthony and Kaitlin Cook. Your father is an automobile importer/exporter and your mother, a home decorator. Due to your father's job, you moved to San Diego when you were thirteen years of age and began attending junior high school there...” the rest sounded like the man was mumbling to himself, but Tony wasn’t too concerned. He was actually somewhat surprised they had that amount of background information on him, but luckily, the life he has lived on paper was perceived as ‘normal’ or ‘average’ to most. If only they knew.

“...is all of this information correct?”

“Correct on all accounts, sir.”

”Excellent. Since everything appears to be in order, let me be the first to welcome you to our institution – The Chula Vista Collective of Higher Learning.” With that, the man held out his hand, which Tony took into his firm grasp and shook with a faux enthusiasm. ”It’s a pleasure being here, sir”

”No, no!” the man said as he released Tony’s hand, ”It’s our pleasure to have such an outstanding and well-mannered student join our institution. It’s a wonderful change from the usual influx of juvenile delinquents and borderline mental patients we get.” The latter half of the man’s speech was muttered under his breath, but the young man’s ears still managed to pick it up. Tony wanted to grin; it looked like he was going to fit right in.

The man went through a drawer on his desk, pulling out and giving Tony a few sheets of paper and a card. ”You have two maps there: one for the entire collective, and another for the Fremont campus itself. The remaining sheet is a transfer paper you give to Fremont’s secretary to receive your student identification card, daily class schedule, and dormitory room assignment. The card is for one free school uniform. Any uniform articles you want to purchase after that, should your current one become soiled or damaged, must be paid for out of your own pocket. Now that you have everything necessary to attend school here, you may begin first thing tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you around campus.”

”Thank you very much, sir,” and without another word Tony left the man’s office, the grin he had been suppressing slowly creeping onto his face.[/ul][/size][/font][/size][/font]

kussro

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cook, Anthony Jameson
              « Sept 22, 2009 18:40:47 GMT -6 »

Despite not putting too much actual information in within your history, I can appreciate the different approach in style. Along with that, the rest of your bio went above and beyond, so I don't have a problem approving this.

Let ME be the first to welcome you to the Collective.

sharrahenley

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Cook, Anthony Jameson
              « Sept 22, 2009 18:44:40 GMT -6 »

Oh my...I want to say you're my first but technically that's not true :P However, I need to get into the swing of things around here and stop being such a timid little paaaansy =O so that makes you speshful anyways lol

Despite how unused to this process as I am (being only one approve with get you pushed through) I am going to go ahead and stick one on here because personally I didn't see anything wrong, and quiet enjoyed reading it - the flow of it that is.

-Approved-

Edit: and I suppose I was just to slow in making up my mind XD

« Last Edit: Sept 22, 2009 18:46:16 GMT -6 by sharrahenley » Back to Top