Author Topic: When light collides with the dark (JT) (Read 354 times)
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

When light collides with the dark (JT)
« Sept 22, 2009 15:17:05 GMT -6 »

Things had been relatively quiet for the redhead as he took a walk around the campus. He was going over the day's events in his his head, and making sure he knew his assignments so he could complete them, and move on. Right now, he needed to decompress, and find a quiet spot. He hadn't quite felt like heading home just yet. He knew he'd be greeted by the friendly squeaks of his pet rat, and that was at least a comfort.

His place was more than empty, and having another presence there had been therapeutic. But, there were times he just wanted to be alone, and this was one of them. He returned to the present, and realized he had gotten himself disoriented. "Baka." He muttered to himself, annoyed he had let his mind wander to the point of loosing his way.

He couldn't count steps, and tapping the ground for vibration didn't help him. All he could do was make out a few large shapes, scattered a bit. Parking lot. Great. But where... He was thinking about which direction he had headed, and which he would need to take to get back to something familiar.

« Last Edit: Sept 22, 2009 15:17:20 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 22, 2009 17:30:04 GMT -6 »

Breaking and Entering 101. Today's teacher will be Joshua Treborn, nickname "JT". JT has many years of experience with crime, including but not limited to assault, battery, robbery, prostitution, drug dealing.use, and, of course, breaking and entering. Now, the preferred method of pro thieves is to get into an area without being seen and without anyone knowing you were there. Until they realize something is missing of course. This usually involves careful planning and probably some specialized tools. It takes patience.

JT does not have patience. So he takes the easy way. In this case...a brick.

The large blond was hungry. He needed money. Passing through the parking lot on the edge of campus, he happened to spy twenty dollars resting in the middle console of a Ford sedan. Seeing that the car was locked, JT casually walked to a nearby pile of construction debris (the school was new after all and still had such piles lying around) and picked up a hefty chunk of asphalt. And, as nonchalant as opening the car door, he heaved the "key" through the driver side window. Luckily for JT, the car was old and did not have an alarm, though the shattering of glass was certainly a loud enough sound.

Unlocking the door and stepping inside, JT pocketed the twenty bucks, along with a nice looking mp3 player and a stick of Wrigley's gum. Backing out of the car, JT turned and...saw a red haired man standing barely twenty feet away. Fuck.

"Fuck. Witness." he hissed.

JT stashed all his goods in his pockets and prepared to silence the problem.

« Last Edit: Sept 22, 2009 17:30:44 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 25, 2009 9:48:24 GMT -6 »

Connor didn't have to have exceptional hearing to know that a window of a nearby car had been busted. No gunshot meant something heavy. Could be a rock or a bat maybe. But, at least it wasn't a bullet. Someone had broken into a car nearby, and Connor also heard the hissed disapproval about him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

His cane might give away that he was blind, but with the other cars in between him and the car thief, he doubted that would even be seen until it was too late. Without his shades on, he looked just like anyone else. Preferring to try and avoid a fight, but preparing for the worse, Connor took a seemingly defenseless stance.

He raised his walking cane (the traditional looking blind man's helper with the white ball at the end) over his head, holding it up with both hands. He turned toward his new acquaintance, and tried to sound friendly and non-hostile. "Witness means you actually saw something and are able to report it." He smiled. "Doubtful I could give any kind of description if I was questioned, and impossible for me to report."

Depending on if his words disarmed the other, he might make it out of here unscathed. However, if his new friend didn't believe him, or simply didn't care (two very possible situations), then Connor had better be ready.

zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Sept 29, 2009 21:56:08 GMT -6 »

JT wasn't wasting time and was walking around the cars as Conner spoke. But as the red head finished, JT slowed and came to a stop. Confused by the man's words for a minute, the big blonde stared at the other man, trying to figure him out. Had to have seen...? And then JT saw the big gay cane. Oh wait, fuck.

"You're fucking blind? Well isn't that a bitch."

JT's defensive attitude suddenly calmed and his shoulders relaxed. No need to worry now, the guy was a practically a cripple. Actually, that gave JT an idea. Now moving casually again, JT worked his way around the cars till he was within two yards or so of the red head. Standing there staring like before, the blond waved a hand in front of him, the classic 'You really can't see that can you?' move that people do to those who can't see. Smirking, JT said,

"Okay man. Here's how it's gonna play. You're gonna give me all the cash you have on you and anything else you might have that's valuable. And then you get to walk away. Otherwise, I'll take another brick and shatter your skull like I did that car window. Trust me, this a good deal. Normally I'd just beat the shit out of you and take stuff anyway. So hombre, what's your choice?" It was scary how easily JT talked about violence. As if he were talking about the weather...

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 1, 2009 9:04:27 GMT -6 »

Under normal circumstances, Connor would have been very unnerved. He would have felt fear. The voice talking so smooth about ripping him apart would have terrified him. That sultry tone of violence that only the truly dark could appreciate.

However, given what Connor had gone through, both physically and mentally, the talk didn't shake him in the least. He had already lost a great deal recently, and in his past, well... once one is nailed to planks of wood and left for dead in a ring of fire, talk of being beaten just didn't phase him.

He let his eyes meet this dark force as if he could see. The boy was no more than a mere thug, and thugs weren't scary. Connor had no idea of the depth of this one's dark side, but Connor had met far worse. At least, he was sure he was. It gave him his resolve.

That, and the fact that Connor had nothing of value on him. He gave a laugh. "Well, I'm afraid you're out of luck. I don't carry anything of value. I have no cash, no credit cards." Even to look at him, his clothes weren't expensive. Right down to Connor's sneakers, everything about him was simple and fairly plain.

Connor turned from the boy, heading back the way he came. He gave a small wave, and his obvious lack of fear carried him. "Sorry I couldn't help you out. Try not to cut yourself too badly on the broken window glass."

He never let his guard down, and was seeking out with everything he had now, waiting for the boy to close the distance and move. Any sign at all, and Connor would react. For now, he was simply trying to leave without any form of violence. Something told him that wasn't a possibility.

zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 7, 2009 21:30:09 GMT -6 »

You try to be a nice guy...

The blind man tried to imply he had no money or items of value. And that might very well have been true. But really, if you've been reading my tale of JT up to this point, what makes you think he gave a shit? He did not. So when the red head started to move, JT just shrugged his shoulders, pulled out the mp3 player he'd stolen before, and chucked it as hard as he could at the back of Conner's head. It was a crappy one anyway and selling it for money would have been pain. At least now JT could derive some pleasure from it. And at this range and JT's uncanny throwing ability, it was almost a guaranteed shot.

I mean the guy was blind and JT had been especially quiet in his actions. There was no way he'd see that thing coming...

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 9, 2009 9:36:45 GMT -6 »

OOC: Now THAT was funny! Beaned with an MP3 player...

CRACK!

Well, maybe not crack, but the plastic music player hit it's mark. Airborne attacks Connor was beginning to feel, but he still had trouble "seeing" them. Not only that, but from behind? Connor was good, but not that good. he had felt JT move, but there was no assault, no movement forward. Just a toss of something, and it hit Connor.

Now, even something light will make you flinch or stumble, at least if you don't expect it. Connor was in the middle of walking, and caught himself on his right foot, his right hand rubbing the back of his head where the device hit. The boy was accurate, and strong enough to have that thing leave a good sized bruise on Connor for a day or so.

Connor would have found it funny, if he knew what had hit him. For all he knew, it was a rock. Not like he could hear any music from it without headphones, nor could he look at the device and recognize it. He might have even asked questions or made a smart ass remark, of he could predict his opponent or read him.

The only thing he knew was that violence came naturally to this boy, and that the attack was most likely just the beginning. Connor already had enough on his mind, and this wasn't something he needed. Or, was it? Maybe a bit of chaos would help him clear his mind.

He turned slowly, keeping track of the boy's location. He grinned. "You don't care if I have anything on me or not, do you?" He never let go of his cane. If anything, the boy would try to use it against him if he did. "You also don't have qualms with much in the way of aggression." He was facing him full on now, though now show of force from Connor was given off.

"Let's make a deal. You beat me then I've got two hundred dollars with your name on it." Connor had a bit of enjoyment with fighting, though not the blood lust that this one possessed. "Two rules. No killing. I die, you'd have a hard time getting paid." He grinned. "Rule two. No permanent injury. You know, palatalization and such. That is, if it's avoidable."

His smile faded. "I figure you're used to the game, but you play without limits. If you can play by my rules, I'll make it three hundred instead of two." Connor had more than enough money to spare. He had no real use for it himself, and giving it away was not something he was opposed to. To him, it would be a great test for him. Kind of like paying for a lesson. The rule... well they were a simple safeguard. Did he expect JT to follow them? Maybe. The boy wasn't stupid. Just wild. Connor could feel that much. It would be a good test for JT, too. If you could fight with limits, it only made you that much more dangerous without them.

Who knows? Maybe this could be the start of a friendship between light and dark?

Well, let's not get too carried away now.