Author Topic: Tony (Read 289 times)
cook

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 22, 2009 20:49:15 GMT -6 »

Anthony was his name, but referring to him as such sounded far too formal for his tastes. His given name in full was reserved to those who knew nothing of him and simply associated a face with a set of letters. Within the context of school, those individuals were known as the faculty members. Otherwise, they were the everyday civilians that had you on some kind of record -- bank clerks, police officers, and doctors, to name a few. Even those who knew him by the preferred "Tony," "Tone," or even "Cook," did not know much about the face behind the name. How could they when the face attached to the name wasn't his?

The sizzling of tobacco was almost audible as the pale, dark-haired boy sucked down the last of a cigarette, the bright orange glow of the ember at its end fading away along with the subtle sizzling noise of dried leaves being roasted. Truth be told, he had only taken in half of the cancer stick before tossing it to the side. unconcerned that he was wasting money, littering, and causing a potential fire hazard. All that mattered was that he got what he needed out of it, so it was now deemed useless. This was Tony. It was his first day at John C. Fremont High School. He was the new kid. All that mattered today would be him -- all attention would be focused on his fresh face and foreign accent. Today was Tony's day to seize.

His cerulean gaze took in, with awe, the collaboration of majestic buildings that composed the campus of Fremont High. After stepping through the steel ebony gates of the main entrance, the first thing that Tony noticed was the stark contrast of the buildings' pristine, almost gleaming white brick. This is a public school? It looks about as new as this posh uniform I'm wearing. My old school didn't look even a quarter as rich as this place does. I'm surprised the students of the system haven't tarnished its pretty white walls.

The UK native stood before a large marble statue that was erected not far from the campus' main entrance, peering up at its sparsely mossed body with his icy gaze. His left hand held the school uniform's indigo blazer over his left shoulder, while his right thumb was hooked onto the pocket of his black trousers. A black messenger bag containing a few empty notebooks were slung on his shoulder, and for his first day of school, his uniform was flawless. His white shirt was buttoned up and his plaid tie was tied immaculately.

With a sigh he broke away from the statue, walking past it and up the stairs that lead to the building's entrance. To his understanding, and from the brief glance he gave the campus map the night before, this was the administration building, and within he'd be able to find the main office where he would receive his student card, daily schedule, and room assignment. Despite knowing this was the place he needed to be, Tony decided to strike up a conversation with a student that was making their way up the stairs and into the building.

"Excuse me?" he uttered clearly and politely to the student, the light strain on his 'u' giving away his place of origin. If the student ignored him, that was fine. He would just wait for the next student to see if they were any more friendly. Tony wanted to establish social links as soon as possible. That way, he'd have a network of ears he could use to fill him in on the school's latest news.

« Last Edit: Sept 22, 2009 20:50:59 GMT -6 by cook » Back to Top  
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 23, 2009 19:35:52 GMT -6 »

It was a bonified signal of the apocalypse. Roth Anthony O'Roak was planning on attending every class for it's entirety while doing work and having no interruptions. An omen of bad things to come. Although the Fremont senior (now on his second go around) enjoined learning and education, he simply could not sit still, pay attention, and tolerate have of the fucks in these pristine walls.

All the walls were bright and clean by constant maintenance by illegal immigrants. A new tag was some where everyday, but the illegals worked a lot faster then your average teenage slacker. Roth looked the part, but never bothered to take place in it. He wasn't smart, but he had some basic common sense.

Now the school day was finally starting off on the beautiful warm morning. Except it wasn't warm...it was hot as all hell. For most of the new Freshmen and transfers it was a sight to see a large muscular Boston native running around in this south-western weather in a long, bloody, matted, and scorched black Trench coat. But Roth used it for two main reasons. A good way to sweat, maintaining body weight, and memories.

The tall Irish figure walked up the grand stairs of Fremont High reflecting on his past. This was until a younger man behind him began to voice out to him.

"Yo. Whats up?"

The problem with Roth's outer appearance was that he looked gothic and either intimidating, or not worth the time. He truly appreciated being reached out to instead of always having to look for the conversation. After all, he was the good guy.

"I'm Roth, you new or somth'in?"

cook

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 24, 2009 7:36:10 GMT -6 »

The student Tony happened to come across could have been considered different by normal high school standards, but Tony, having been involved with schools governed by the corporal punishment system since he was prepubescent, wasn't surprised at all. Trenchcoats in the blistering heat weren't anything out of the ordinary to the English youth. Weird headbands, gloves, steel-toed boots, stark naked -- you name it, and Tony has seen it in school. Even though it was something he was used to witnessing, it didn't prevent him from internally chastising the apparently older student.

Ugh. What a terrible sense of fashion. Maybe he just lacks any sense at all. Why the hell would he wear that thing, anyway? It's bloody hot out here. As if hearing Tony's mental criticism of his wardrobe (though he was really just responding to Tony's "Excuse me?"), the student turned around, giving the junior a "What's up?" and introducing himself as Roth. The first thing Tony took into account was the boy's size. Though he was only a notch taller than him in height, his frame, hidden by the loose trenchcoat, seemed much wider and heavier.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Tony." he said, returning the favour of introduction and extending his hand toward the larger student in a friendly, albeit cliche gesture. "Yeah, I just transferred here today. I was told the administration office was in this building. I need to get my course schedule and dorm room assignment and such. Do you know if I'm in the right place?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 24, 2009 14:20:03 GMT -6 »

(ooc: oh shiz nit *fixes*)

A small laugh came up through Roth's throat and through his mouth. It wasn't a form of mockery, but a friendly chuckle as he remembered his first few days at Chula...and all the fun he had. Within those first few days Roth had been thrown out a window by two gang leaders, then chased down by the rest of their gang receiving aid by his blind friend, Conner. Good times.

"Nice ta meet'cha Tony. Hate ta say it, but your heading the wrong way. Follow me and I'll swing ya by. Who knows maybe we got some classes together."

The moment Roth ended his response his warm famous smile came up to the surface of his lightly bearded face. He was always exited for a potential friend, or even enemy. Hell just getting to know the new faces was good enough. For a moment Roth looked around at the stairs the two now stood on. A few students here and there, but no obstacles in the way.

A small motion was given with his hands for the smaller, but still muscular kid now in his aid. With a small bunny hop Roth's rear end landed on the center stair rail thus causing a short slide to the bottom of the stairs. In part this was a lesson to his new acquaintance. If you were going to survive in this school, you needed to have fun at ever chance you got.

The Administration building held a few classes inside, which was where Roth and most of the other students were heading. If someone wanted all their information then the Main Administration Office was where they would need to go first. First because this was like the DMV. Each line brought you to another line, and then into another line. Luckily for Tony, Roth knew his way about this place a little too well.

(ooc: Sorry bout that, should be good now)

« Last Edit: Sept 24, 2009 14:49:47 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

cook

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 24, 2009 14:31:41 GMT -6 »

Tony followed Roth into the building, and his eyes darted between the doors, searching for the one labelled 'main office'. All he had to do was walk into the building and look around for a moment and he would have found it, but he doubted the student accompanying him knew that he was well aware of the campus' layout. "Ah, there's what I was looking for." he said, mostly to himself before turning to face the slightly larger young man, "Thanks a lot, mate. I probably would have gotten lost without you. I'll be out in a mome if you haven't anything else to do." That's when Tony dissappeared into the main office.

Presenting his transfer papers to the head secretary, it took her a few minutes for her to process them and give him what he came for -- his student identification card, daily class schedule, and dorm room assignment. With a quiet thanks the newly transferred student exited the office, and when he was in the hallway, he looked down at his schedule to find out his first class of the day. Psychology, ay? Looks like I'm heading to the Liberal Arts building.

Looking up from the sheet of paper, he saw the trenchcoat-clad figure standing a metre or two away from him. He expected him to take off and get into a fight or something, but he seemed like he was more polite than that. Tony gave him a smirk, but veiled any of the smugness he was feeling. "Ay man! Thanks for waiting. I thought you were going to take off or something.

« Last Edit: Sept 24, 2009 15:38:04 GMT -6 by cook » Back to Top  
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 24, 2009 15:52:34 GMT -6 »

(ooc: =D)

"Ey, no problem. It may not look it, but I'm one of the good guys around here."

---A Few Minutes Earilier---

Roth watched as his younger counterpart waltzed into the office readying his papers. It really he made him think for a moment. What kind of life did the other side live. Now Roth was observant when he wanted to be, and if he noticed anything, it was how the guy dressed to perfection, styled hair, and his charming attitude. Roth was from Boston in a place known as Southie. When you hung around in Southie it meant you had no money to go anywhere else.

Slowly Roth lit up a self rolled cigarette with the words "Never Knows Best" written across the side. It was part of his pay over at the 'fight club' where he worked. Hand rolled fresh supreme quality tobacco illegally imported from Cuba. When you knew the right people who could get almost anything.

---Present---

"So Tony, where we head'in?"

Roth's infectious smile lit up his face once more. There was more to this Tony then Roth had first noticed. He intended to find out a little more about this guy. What walk of life he was from, what he liked, and if he wanted a light. With no words Roth extended a fresh one in Tony's direction. Within only a few seconds they'd be out the door and on their way.

cook

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 24, 2009 18:14:30 GMT -6 »

"What makes you think you look like a bad guy?" Tony asked, though he knew full well what he meant. Roth didn't exactly look like your model citizen. Not like the clean-cut Anthony Jameson Cook. "I mean, the trenchcoat is a little..." he trailed off, leaving Roth to speculate about what he was going to say before immediately continuing, flowing as if it was a full sentence, "What's up with that, anyway? It's hot as bollocks outside."

Roth then asked him where they were heading, and he replied with, "Up to you. You do know this campus better than me, and I don't think class starts for another , what, fifteen minutes? Plenty of time to piss around before class starts." Following his answer, Roth extended something toward him. It looked like a joint, and Tony took it immediately, gesturing toward the older student with the object in hand and uttering "Cheers." Is this spliff? he mentally inquired, bringing the dried up leaves rolled in smoking paper up to his nose and giving it a whiff. It's just toby. A hand-rolled cigarette, ay? Got me excited there for a bit, Rothy boy."

Not one to be rude, Tony pinched the hand-rolled cigarette between his lips and pulled a lighter out of the pocket of his blazer, lighting it up with ease. The sweet smoke felt like it was cleaning out his lungs, though in reality, it was doing qutie the opposite. Something about the tobacco was.. different. It had a distinct taste and aroma to it. Perhaps it was the fact that it was hand-rolled? Feeling a touch curious, Tony turned to Roth after exhaling a plume of smoke and questioned him, "Got me thinking this was weed. Why do you hand roll your fags?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Tony
« Sept 30, 2009 13:39:06 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Sorry for the wait there =D )

Here came Roth's favorite question when he met new people. Why wear a trench coat when it was still 70 and above in the winter. Whenever he thought about it he only came up with one answer. It wasn't to look cool or bad ass (although it it did) it was a much simpler reason.

"Memories. This thing has been with me since I lived back home is Boston. It's been through Philly, Illinois, Kansas, Seattle, and now Chula. Only thing that I still have to remind me of it all. Plus, the extra sweating keeps the weight down a bit."

He smiled again after his mini-speech and headed out the doors. It was beautiful outside. Hell it always was in this area. Blue sky, a few clouds here and there, and always dry. Never muggy like back East.

Now the two new friends were slowly walking around to nowhere. Buildings surrounded the premises, and then followed by gates. The statue of John C. Fremont glistened behind them as the walked through the area of the school. Now both lit up smoking some o the finest illegal tobacco in the Western Hemisphere.

"Fags?...Oh, yea, Cigs. Well this is some high quality stuff. Cuban if I ain't mistaken. Enjoy it while it lasts."

Roth took a small pause before continuing the conversation. There were a few benches around the yard. With a tilt of his head the Bostonian gestured to sit on a open bench looking out to the gleaming white buildings.

"So my friend. What brings you to Chula Vista?"