Author Topic: Unchattered territory (Open, Aleece) (Read 1,096 times)
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Unchattered territory (Open, Aleece)
« Oct 7, 2009 9:54:18 GMT -6 »

Aleece turned at the clapping she received and found it not just from Richard but a few of the other guys who instantly started ribbing Smith for letting her get past. There was the mumbled comment about letting her, and going easy on a girl. Rolling her eyes but still grinning a bit she made her way off court, but couldn't help but pass by the taller boy to pat him on the arm as she did. "Don't worry, Smith, maybe you'll be able to be score on me sometime...you know, when you get a little better."

Lifting a hand she ignored the 'ooo's' and other comments that followed causing her to laugh quietly to herself. When she reached Richard again she grabbed up her bag and slung it back over her shoulder. The novelty of her breaking up their practice seemed to pass quickly though because when they got to going again they had started back up again.

“Good going. Your pretty fast.”

Flashing the guy with her a smile she shrugged a little. Somehow she doubted she was that good and got the feeling that Smith had been humoring her a bit. "Thanks, but I dunno about that..." she said, echoing what had been on her mind about the whole thing. Aleece made sure to take them to the exit on the opposite end of the gym from where they had entered. It would take them right to the track field after a few minutes more of walking, but they would be able to see it as soon as they left the building.

When they broke through the metal doors and into the bright day, she squinted a little against the sudden glare. It seemed the clouds that had dotted the sky earlier had passed leaving it relatively empty except for a blue expanse. With a jerk of her chin she motioned to in front of her, to the near distance where the track field was, enclosed by chest high metal fencing. There was a gap, where a gate was at, somewhere along the oval shaped track. Two opposing metal bleachers sat on either side, and of course their was a practice field set up in the middle of it, and it looked like a practice for soccer was going on.

The black top was already occupied by the track team. "I guess morning is the best time," she muse almost to herself as she headed forward and only came to stop by the fence leaning on it a little as she watched for a minute the teams run drills, take directions etc. It left her feeling like she should be doing something herself, plagued with restless energy to do something for a few days now, like she couldn't get her brain to shut off...

Which was a joke...usually she had no problem with being lazy on any given day.

« Last Edit: Oct 7, 2009 9:55:26 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 7, 2009 21:17:35 GMT -6 »

“You shouldn’t doubt yourself. That was impressive.”

Did he just switch back into martial arts mode? He wasn’t sure, but the words flowed from his mouth as easily as they had when he was back in the Warriors Realm, helping other kids and such after he had tapped them out. It felt similar, definitely not the same because he hadn’t done anything to her, but the thought process fell along the same tracks. The last thing he wanted was for her to start thinking she couldn’t do whatever she strived to complete. Having that feeling of failure and disappointment was the worst thing to have while training.

After pushing through the metal doors his eyes did the same as Aleece’s, squinting to try and control the flow of light hitting his pupil so it dilated quicker. When his vision’s focus returned he scooted out the track & field, as they grew closer he started to scout out the places he’d keep his gear, wondered if the flood lights were on all night for safety reasons or just for games and events. He also started to form a small mental plan of where they could spend their time before school, and doing what exercises. The whole thing was starting to get him excited, and his hands were literally starting to shake. Gripping them into fists and slowly releasing them as they hung by his sides seemed to be the only way to control the ‘fits’.

When they got to the fence he took his time before actually stepping up to it. He first looked for the location of the gates leading around, noticing several that were already open and didn’t have any hinges. He figured that was smart to avoid property damage. Why bother putting gates on something that was probably only there to control the flood of spectators and keep balls and equipment inside? During his scouting his eyes briefly went over Aleece, just as they had done during her one-on-one with Smith, but they didn’t linger for more then a second before he stepped up beside her on her left and hunched over the fence, resting his forearms across the metal bar with his elbows weaving out through the dips in the fencing.

“Looks that way. And this is a pretty easy place to find, should be good for learning.” Given the multiple surfaces he was looking at the softness of the grass, not quite as forgiving as training mats, but still better then concrete. The track was good for explosive training and would help condition the palms, but otherwise he wouldn’t look to it for much. And the bleachers just seemed to give him more and more inspiration for training methods, some that he wanted to try himself.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 8, 2009 18:26:15 GMT -6 »

When Richard joined her at the fence Aleece grinned a little knowing that he was probably already thinking of ways to be making her hurt in the morning. The way his eyes lingered on the bleachers made her bite down a grimace but she hummed in agreement to what he said. She wasn’t sure how it would be good for learning, and sure as hell not sure what she was going to be learning.

Her calves already burned after the shorter then usual run for her. Aleece supposed that the week off from not doing anything had actually taken its toll on her. Knowing that her appetite had taken a nosedive probably added to that, holed up in her dorm doing nothing but work on her computer. This was actually the first time since…well regardless this was the first time in roughly a week that she had wanted to get out despite feeling so restless. Pushing away from the fence, she grabbed the cool metal bar and pressed her right leg back stretching the mildly aching muscle, bending at the hip somewhat as she studied the ground.

Her thoughts were starting to wonder again…the reason for returning to school as quick as she had was for this reason, the run…to get her mind off things, but in the lull of conversation – the lack of sudden buzzing in her ear…it headed straight for the subject she wanted to take a break from. Jerking straight up she cleared her throat, in an attempts to steer clear of dangerous waters. “Sorry…been kind of out of it for a while,” she said knowing she hadn’t talked for a couple minutes now and had done nothing to keep the conversation like she normally would. Tipping her head skyward she settled her hands on her track short covered hips, squinting again at the bright sky. “How about we go sit at the bleachers?”

She turned halfway and gestured with her head, “and you can tell me more about ah…what qualifies you to be my teacher.”

Smiling again at the guy it was all said in good humor on her part, finding that it was much easier to talk to someone of the likes of Richard or Roth, any casual acquaintance really. And despite that not quite being the case with Ari and well…Aroon, she couldn’t shut herself off completely…she refused to.

((ooc - so sorry for the wait really =_= I've come down with another cold, and my brain feels like cotton, I can barely think...and so, so drowsy =/))

« Last Edit: Oct 9, 2009 7:39:35 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 8, 2009 22:04:39 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Quite all right. It’s not like I haven’t been their before, and you honestly didn’t take long at all. So I’m more then pleased.)

“I wouldn’t mind sitting.” Another small pip of background noise as he agreed to sit on the bleachers as the soccer team did their line drills. Stopping at the opening of the fence he paused and waited for Aleece to go first, softly waving her through with his back arm, making a small dip with his upper body as though he was a butler ushering her through the ‘gate’. Grabbing the metal pole protruding from the top of the fence he swung himself through, showing more of his actual age as he played around a bit.

“Qualifications? Do teachers really need those?” He smiled back, half-heartedly poking fun at the school system. He honestly didn’t have anything against teachers, just sat at the other end of the spectrum and had certain biased views towards some. Others he tried to take full advantage of, but they were few and far between. Still smiling lightly he looked back toward the ground, lightly kicking his feet forward by hitting the side of his back foot into the heel of his front, then switching. Quite an odd sight to see from afar.

“Well… That’s actually an interesting question.” Reaching the bleachers he moved up a few steps, clearing the large seats with relative ease of his long legs by driving his knees up into his chest as he stepped forward. Getting to the third seat he spun around and plopped down with some force, but didn’t show any signs of discomfort, just a look of concentration as he tried to properly form his words.

“I guess the most obvious quality is that you need a teacher, and I’ll do it for free.” Another joke, but it was more of a diversion, or a trap to give him more time to think. Nothing seemed to be popping into his mind; he was drawing a total blank.

“Well, uh. I was taught under the Bas Rutten System, and if you know who he is you can probably guess it’s a good system… Um. Damn.” He paused again, pulling his hands from his pockets and hunching over, elbows on his knees and face in palm. “Could you rephrase the question?” He asked, smiling bleakly towards her as he tried to feint a joking voice.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 9, 2009 21:12:08 GMT -6 »

Aleece smiled a little wider at Richard's antics; lifting a hand she brushed her fingers to the back of her neck and tried to smolder her mirth at the show he put on as she past. Once she was through though she paused turning to wait on him and listened as he ribbed the system and what qualified someone to actually teach. Though she could understand, most that taught were dry and very basic, she had yet to come across many with the title that challenged the youth...you now all that bull. If she didn't actually like studying on her own she probably would be nothing more then a below average student, academically.

However she didn't let that thought take over and followed him up the bleachers she paused at the bottom of them, letting him clear the few before plopping down. She quirked an eyebrow and gave a short laugh at his joking, again.

"Okay fair enough," she muttered as she hitched up a leg and slowly but steadily climbed bleachers. Aleece wasn't known for her grace at all, and it would be just her luck that the sole of her sneakers would have gotten slick making her bust her ass. So with enough concentration on what she was doing she picked her way up and sat down, with a bit more control then Richard. Lifting the bag up and off her shoulders she settled it next to her and hiked her feet on the metal seat in front of her so she could lean back so her upper back rest against the bench behind her.

Getting more comfortable she considered what he said, she hadn't heard of the Bas Rutten System so she didn't know how good it was. Giving him a slightly apologetic smile she shrugged lightly. "Sorry, never heard of it..." she said almost thoughtfully turning her head back to look out over the field and track, Aleece really dug deep to figure out something familiar about it, but she came up blank.

"Ok-ay," she drug out with a laugh in her tone, when he jokingly asked for her to rephrase the question. Again she was drawing a blank. "Well tell me more about this system you were trained under. Whats it all about?"

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 11, 2009 2:10:15 GMT -6 »

When Aleece shrugged and apologized he waved her off, muttering something along the lines of ‘Don’t worry about it’ as he remained hunched forward with his elbows on his knees, his head looking down towards the bleachers. He didn’t like to sit straight up, possibly from years of watching T.V. or just being a kid, but he had bad posture. And he just couldn’t justify leaning back like she was, seemed like it would be hard on his neck if he relaxed or tough on his abdomen if he pretended to relax. But that was all due to his height over her, with his extra six or more inches the back of his neck would be pressing against the corner to the seat above him.

After she rephrased the question it gave new meaning to his mind, allowed for his brain to act as a better search engine to come up with the multiple sources of information he had pertained. Since she didn’t know who ‘he’ – Bas Rutten – was, it was probably best to start off with a small list of his accomplishments. Arching back he looked as though he was stretching his shoulders before he turned toward Aleece while bringing his closest leg up, making sitting while facing her more comfortable.

“Well, Bas Rutten is considered one of the best MMA Fighters and Kick boxers of all time. He ended his professional career with a twenty-two bout undefeated streak, twenty-one wins, one draw. Overall his MMA record was twenty-eight wins, four loses and one draw.” Pausing there Richard caught his breath before topping off his praise of the MMA legend with a verbal cherry on top. “So, you can kind of see why followers think he’s one of the best.”

He knew this didn’t actually answer Aleece’s question, but he felt like it was good enough lead up and detail about the man behind the system that he could continue on with what he thought was an appropriate answer.

“Honestly, since I’m not a real instructor of his system I can’t tell you for sure. Never asked myself, so it’s a bit strange to try and think of what a correct answer might be. However, on the physical and fighting portion of his system I’d have to say his style works on everything. As for the mentality I find that training can increase your self-esteem and confidence, along with a few other things that start to develop once you’ve been training long enough.”

Another pause left him wondering if he had correctly stated an answer to her question. Reaffirming what he already said he shortened it all, making it compact and precise.

“I’d have to say it’s about developing one’s self, both mentally and physically, for whatever goal your trying to achieve.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 12, 2009 11:59:18 GMT -6 »

When Richard started to explain better she wasn't to surprised to find out that she was wrong in her assumption of thinking Bas Rutten was a style of fighting, rather a person who invented the fighting system. Well this person certainly did have an impressive track record so she could see why he would be considered really good. Or rather great.

More then anything at the moment she found it amusing but a relief, the fact that he seemed to have no problem talking or making conversation (however one sided it was because of her lack of know how on the current subject) about fighting. It gave her a chance to to take in everything just fine, filling her head and forcing herself to focus on what he was saying, filing everything away for later reference. Maybe if she had enough time tonight she would do a little looking up on this guy...Bas Rutten.

Aleece did like fact that it would supposedly not only help physically but mentally, build a better self - esteem. And while she didn't think she had issues in that area...it couldn't hurt to feel more comfortable actually learning it, or rather use it. She couldn't seem to shed the approach of brain over brawn...however...she knew now better then ever that just talking or quick wit wasn't going to get her out of trouble.

"So, is this what you are going to be teaching me?" She couldn't help but ask this curiously shifting a bit herself to find a more comfortable position by cocking her elbow up on the bench she was leaning back against. Aleece wasn't to sure how well all this would go, but she had already decided that she would give it a shot. After all what could hurt? "Or do you have something else in store?"

She now had a means to an end here and she wasn't going to let it go to waste, and even if it wasn't in her style to do something like this - even she could admit her short comings - pride aside and all that.

« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2009 12:00:40 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 12, 2009 21:14:06 GMT -6 »

“Yeah, everything else I know wouldn’t be practical.” He replied almost right away, not even really deciding to think it over for the most part. He felt confident in his answer, as his Taekwondo background wasn’t quite on the level of his Muay Thai and MMA, and wasn’t considered street savvy by just about everyone – including himself. He knew the Korean martial art was more of a sport nowadays then a form of self-defence. He knew this and he rarely incorporated Taekwondo into his form of training, or his fighting style, just occasionally mixing up his kicks to screw with his opponents.

“I don’t really have a game plan set up yet.” Trying to relax he leaned back, pushing his back against the seat behind, curling his back so he slightly slumped down a bit, forming an impromptu ‘U’ if you disregarded his legs. “Mph. But, tonight I’m going to make a regiment.” Taking a breath he sighed, realizing he had become slightly stuck, and it wasn’t the most comfortable on his lower back. Pushing himself up from the seat underneath, slipping forward again to remain in place.

Trying to quench the small warmth growing in his cheeks he resumed his relaxed position, leaning forward slightly, hunched shoulders, elbows on knees, looking out over the track and field as the Knox teams continued to practice line drills. It had taken him awhile to realize this, but he was likely the only Fremont student who was sitting so calmly and collected at Knoxville. It started to make him wonder how heartfelt the collective actually felt about it. Was there conflict between the three schools, or did they give little to no damn about it? It made him wonder, simply about the fact that unlike most of the students attending, he knew little to nothing about his school. Who was its rival? Surely it had a sports team rival, this was America after all.

Regardless, he figured a trip to the library would settle any mental disputes he may’ve had with himself. He didn’t want to put too much thought into one particular subject. If he did it could wreck any comfy position he found himself in, such as remaining nothing more then a blimp on the radar that fades away as soon as it’s looked at.

Looking back at the soccer team he pointed lazily with his left hand, drawing attention to them again. “You see what they’re doing? It’ll basically be the same thing for you. Repetition, Repetition, Repetition.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 13, 2009 19:20:11 GMT -6 »

Aleece had to smile at this explanation, raising an eyebrow as she lifting her right foot to cross it over her left, quite comfortable - her more lazy tendencies showing as she slumped a little more. The day was a warm one despite the breeze floating past and she couldn't help but act lethargic in the slowly waning daylight. If it weren't for the fact that he was trying to be serious she would have laughed a little when he seemed to get stuck, but she bit the inside of her lip and pretended she didn't even notice even as Richard wiggled out of his spot to sit on the bench proper.

"Hmm," Aleece hummed instead (however unable to completely wipe the mirthful little grin off her face) "this is all sounding pretty serious."

There was a natural infliction in her words - a lilt to let him know she was kidding, but got it. She could joke about it all she wanted to right now, but she was sure after tomorrow morning she'd have a good idea of how serious it all was. Regardless of that now she followed Richards gaze to the field were the soccer team worked diligently, running drills, juggling and the coach shouted instructions. It was just about the same scene from inside the gym, the team practicing hard for what ever up coming match they had.

Her gaze scooted to the track team and found the same determination as from the other groups and she wondered briefly if she should try out for a sport but instantly squashed the stray thought. It wasn't her style to be a on a team. She could be apart of something like the military but as for an activity like what those people were doing- it was entirely different, well to her it was anyways.

When Richard drew her attention back to the soccer team she nodded a bit at what he had to say, really it made sense. Even if it wasn't how she normally learned, this wasn't in the norm something she would learn, and it was obvious he had an adequate amount of training to know better then her how to approach this.

"Well then, I guess I'm in your hands, sensei," Aleece said with a laugh to herself as she stretched her legs out and arched her back a little working out the muscles that had bunched and started cramping since she had been sitting. Relaxing back into her original position she felt her stomach rumble letting her know that it had been at least since breakfast since she had taken the time to eat. "But until then...I could really go for a cheeseburger."

She knew that it seemed like they had just sat down but again she felt the need to do something and couldn't quite sate it. "Or maybe some nachos, from the 7-11 just off campus. What do you say? You can work the extra calories off me in the morning with extra training, no complaint."

Aleece almost made it sound like she was trying to bargain there even if she was once again smiling lightly.

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2009 19:23:16 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 13, 2009 23:02:29 GMT -6 »

‘Sensei? Uh. Uuhh… Um… No.’

Even though it was a joke, and he knew it was a joke, he couldn’t help but start to blush, which he tried to hid by dipping his head a little lower and hunching his shoulders up a bit more. In retrospect it was just like Kru Shawn had told him above keeping his chin covered while punching by rolling his shoulders. Same idea, different setting, different purpose. Luckily he wouldn’t even need to do this, just a precaution, as it seemed she was relaxing and stretching out. He figured this out by ‘casually’ peeking to the side he looked over her legs, from her shoes up to her running shorts, which he looked at from under his arm.

His attention was abruptly shifted upward as she sat back up, and from her slender, toned legs his eyes went up to her smiling face. She wasn’t the only one who heard the rumble of her stomach, and from a martial artists point of view that was a sign that your body was about to eat away at it’s muscle content and internal organs. Of course, that took awhile, but still it wasn’t a good thing. From a teenagers point of view it was translated into two simple words: “Feed Me.” Yes, teenagers are very much like ‘Audrey 2’ from ‘Little Shop of Horrors.’

“Hm, well that does sound pretty tempting.” He sat back up, rolling his head back and looking over at her as she relaxed. “And the no complaints thing is a bonus.” Rolling his head back around he looked forward then rocked himself back by pushing off his heels. Rocking back and forth a few times he pushed off the bleachers and stood up on the seat below. Pivoting around he smiled softly at Aleece before leaning over towards her and offering her his hand to help her stand up and head down over the bleachers.

“Cheeseburgers or nachos. Either is fine. Do you want to change first?” He asked, curious just because he figured she wouldn’t want to head off campus dressed in running shorts. Not that he’d mind any.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 14, 2009 9:17:53 GMT -6 »

Aleece didn't seem to notice that she had gotten Richard flustered with her joking and if she did she didn't show it at all. If flirting or innuendos weren't direct more then likely she wasn't going to catch it - for someone that considered herself smart she was pretty dense on somethings. As it was she was much to comfortable at the moment to pick up on anything other then he was just being nice and sat up when he stood. When he took a step down and turned around to face her, she really didn't give any second thought about taking his offered hand to stand up herself.

Her smile widened though, "ah, I knew my negotiation skills were top notch."

Aleece was about to grab her bag again when she caught his question of whether she wanted to change or not, making her pause. She hadn't actually thought of doing that, but she glanced down at herself and felt her face heat up, as if just now noticing her attire. Usually she wasn't one for wearing shorts, period - she was more of a jeans girl but work out attire was the exception to her personal dress code. Bending down she unzipped the duffel and fished around for the gray cotton zip up hoodie.

Pulling it on she explained herself, "if I change I'll want a shower and I won't make you wait when I suggested going to grab a bite." Zipping it up swiftly, Aleece pushed up the sleeves to her elbow, the material light enough that the unseasonal warmth wouldn't really bother her, it did provide a little more coverage that the tank top didn't. Snagging the strap to her bag, she lifted it up as she stepped onto the bench in front of her and planted a hand on Richard's shoulder lightly to step down - using him to steady herself.

Again - she wasn't going to be winning any awards for grace here. There was still the choice of what to actually eat and Aleece realized that she was so hungry she would stuff herself with just about anything at this point. She managed not to cringe at the thought of skipping a meal, hating to be indecisive about anything, but right now all she knew was that her stomach was grinding against itself again - letting her know it wanted food and now. "Uuuh," she drawled out a bit unsure of what choice to make as she picked her way down.

There was the burger she could always go for no matter what, but they would probably have to catch a cab somewhere to a real good burger joint, then the fact they would have to wait for the food to cook - versus...the convenient store within walking distance of the collective and probably no wait to get said food.

"Okay so, nachos it is but only because I'm to hungry to be patient," she said with a grin and when she finally got her feet on solid ground she situated the strap to her duffel on her shoulder.

« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2009 9:23:35 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 14, 2009 18:04:24 GMT -6 »

(Sorry for it's shortness. I wanted to get it done before work tonight, as I wasn't sure if I'd be up for writing later.)

And behold the grey cotton hoodie that draws the look of men and constantly makes them consider the following sentence: ‘What’s under that hoodie?’ It was the subtle way of teasing and tempting men, draw the guys in with their curves while keeping their body concealed. It was most likely the mystery that drove men crazy, what with the primal urges of lusting after flesh, but you take that flesh away and the thoughts continue to creep up. But Richard was a gentleman, or at least he assumed he was despite his boyish angst, and put those thoughts and urges aside even when she used his shoulder to balance herself.

It was amusing to see someone else draw a blank for once, while his seemed to do more of awkwardness and hers with consideration with food he didn’t care to reveal that source to his mind. Rather he smiled, enjoying looking at her as she was deciding where to go for some grub. The fact that she choose the 7-11 nachos fazed him slightly as he was sure she’d go for the delight of the cheeseburger could give. And, he found the nacho cheese rather…. Rubbery? But her explanation made sense. She was hungry, so the closer place was better.

“Alright, guess it’s back the way we came?” he inquired, not quite sure which exit was the best in order to get to the convenience store. Despite looking over the bus schedule and the map of the collective quite a few times he found that he just didn’t know the area until he had walked it a few times. After inquiring he didn’t look away from Aleece, not towards where he thought they were suppose to go, and slipped his hands back inside the pockets of his dress slacks.

He figured he’d avoid the nachos while he was there, as he was only a fan of the chilli topping that they provided after buying the corn chips. If he was lucky they’d still have his favourite type of Vitamin water, orange, which he found was often sold out rather quickly in relations to when the next order would arrive. A drink, maybe one of the over-priced apples and he’d be set before a late supper that evening. Or so he assumed, things rarely ever stayed on track, like today he planned on heading home right after school, but decided against it given that a) no one would be there and b) it felt nicer to sit on the grass with his shoes off.

“Well, lets go.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 17, 2009 9:12:13 GMT -6 »

When he posed his comment like a question Aleece looked off toward the way they had come of course it was mostly obscured by the gym now - the squatted brick building most of anything she saw. Of course she hadn't even given the campus town a thought to as a place they could grab a bite to eat, she would much rather just make the little more effort to walk the extra distance off campus entirely and into town, but it would mean going all the way back the way they had come originally and then some more to get to the main gate.

"I suppose it is back the way we came," she answered stepping away and taking a couple steps back when she had swung back around to look at him again at his prompting to get going. Despite being hungry she didn't mind the walk it would take a half an hour at most - that is if conditions were fair and nothing unexpected happened.

It almost seemed like to good of a thing, with no clouds in the sky, and actual company she didn't mind having. It was was with that thought, as she turned to right herself after a few steps walking back and Richard having made it to her side proper, that led her into realizing she didn't actually know the guy next to her. Not that he minded, but he seemed like a nice enough individual, someone that was going to be helping her out in the near future - so the least she could do was get more familiar.

"So I never asked, but you don't stay on campus, do you?" It wasn't an odd question per say, most of the people she did know had some sort of housing assistance here in the collective, herself included. Though he had mentioned going home well...she considered this place, like most, just that - home. (For now at least.) She could assume a lot though especially when the situation hadn't been made all that clear before. "I remember you saying you moved down here from Canada, any particular reason why the collective?"

Maybe that was getting a little to personal, there certainly were kids here attending this group of schools not by choice, and Aleece seemed to quickly realize that. Shooting him an apologetic look she smiled faintly, "you don't have to answer that."

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 17, 2009 19:57:13 GMT -6 »

It wasn’t obscure to say that Richard enjoyed silence, not that he found Aleece annoying or anything of the such, but he literally enjoyed listening to the surrounds, to the sounds of nature. It might’ve been an odd thing to say, but it must’ve been a Canadian thing. Growing up in BC he had always been surrounded in nature, the mountains, creeks, lakes, ocean, everything was just a short drive away compared to that of a big city. So as he walked beside Aleece he did so with his hands in his pockets and his chin lifted, lazily looking up at the cloudless blue sky, amazed to see such a peaceful demeanour in the ‘dangerous America.’ Well, he hadn’t been shot at yet, so there was strike one to all his friends back home.

When posed with the question of his living arrangements he wondered why she asked for a moment, but realized that this was in all reality a small town, with dorms – especially for the military students – and so it only begged a differ that he should’ve been living in the dorms, but that cost more then his family cared to ante up.

“No, I live off on the Military barracks in San Diego, with my father.” While he spoke he continued to look up at the sky, answering honestly and carefree. It wasn’t an intrusive question in the least, or he didn’t think it was. If she took something from it that he didn’t realize he said, or interpreted something that he misspoke, then he’d just have to clarify later. The second question seemed a bit more personal, but at the same time it didn’t feel intrusive. Regardless, she still attempted to take it back or remove the thought from conversation.

“I don’t mind answering.” He said as he finally brought his gaze down from the sky, a flock of birds having drifted from his view and thus his attention was diverted back to the social presence beside him. “My father picked it for me. I was a bit of a slacker back in the Valley–” how he referred to where he use to live. “– And my attention was only on training, so I was given a choice, either move down here with my pops and go to the school he picked, or quit the Warriors Realm.”

Smirking he started to reminisce about his life back ‘home’, which seemed like a short five second clip flashing between sleeping at his desk in school and getting choked out via arm triangle in the gym. Might’ve been his lazy personality, but he found it odd how both thoughts involved sleeping. Oooohh! Creepy subconscious desires! Walking past the gym he turned his head and smiled down at Aleece, trying to show her that everything was all right, both in terms of her question and his answer.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 13:00:03 GMT -6 »

Richard seemed okay with humoring her, with both questions she offered up even if they had been close to intensely personal. She got the feeling that there was more to the story then him just being lazy and that being the reason why he would have to attend a place like the collective. Aleece itched to ask more about that, but it was more because her curious personality dictated the urge more then anything - however when he mentioned the Warriors Realm her attention was deviated to finding out about that instead.

"Warriors Realm?" She asked with a light upward infliction in her tone, the sound softly inquisitive as she turned to look up at him. For the first time in a good week it seemed her attention could focus on something, genuinely, the interested little spark that made her eyes darken fractionally and widen instead of narrow. “What is that about?”

Aleece realized she seemed to lose some tact when she got overly inquisitive, but it was the smile he had given her that seemed to be some kind of ‘okay’ with the entire direction of the conversation that made her pursue it further. She did in fact catch that he said that he had moved down here with his father, taking notice that he didn’t say family – to indicate a mother or other siblings. Wondering about that as well she decided to take a less personal approach to getting to know Richard…

((ooc - sorry so short =/))

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 14:40:09 GMT -6 »

( Np, makes me feel less intimated to try and write more. Heh.)

Even with his open nature towards questions he was slightly withdrawn when she asked about the Warriors Realm. It wasn’t that he had accidentally slipped and said something that he shouldn’t have, just that it was the first time he’d actually been asked about it aside from his family members. Back in the Valley most of the friends came from the Warriors Realm, so while they talked about it was always in a sense where no direct questions were necessary. Taking a moment he tried to best gather his thoughts so as to not mentally let the gym down.

“Well, uh-m. That’s where I was training for the last three years. They focus on Muay Thai classes, but have recently mixed in MMA as well.” He paused and gave a brief smirk, his already smiling lips widening as his eyesight dipped down and looked toward the ground. “To me it was like a home-away from home. After school I’d bike there and start training a few hours before the class even started. It just, ah, it was such a positive atmosphere that I felt like they were a second family.”

The smirk was still more then just present across his face, where family might’ve been a sore spot to some; his second family was the exact opposite. It reverted his habits back into that of his boy-like persona, which started with his walk as he cheerfully kicked his feet out forward, slightly looping them out as he playfully kicked at imaginary shins – honestly didn’t look anything like an attack, because it wasn’t. Reverting back from his mental flashback to the mental age of eight he turned his head and looked back over at Aleece, a bit inquisitive himself, though with a different approach to it.

“Anything else you want to ask? I’ll answer anything; I’m an open book that way. But-” he paused, giving some time for the ‘But’ to linger, growing a bit of angst. “- I reserve the right to ask you anything later.”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 17:58:14 GMT -6 »

She found the fact that this group, these people at the Warrior Realm, being like family an odd thing. Not that she couldn't understand it - Aleece supposed that their were plenty of programs aimed at the youth of today to do just that - let them feel like they had a place they could belong, so on and so on. It was just Aleece was a little more solitary then that, she never really had a skill that could be associated with a group of people and she had a problem with sharing her particular gifts with others as a starting point.

Oh sure she didn't particularly have a problem meeting new people, but that was vastly different then what Richard was talking about. Still all in all it was rather fascinating she supposed - never having belonged to something quite like that. Aleece was on her way to already think of something else to ask to further the conversation along when he beat her to the punch, telling her he was okay with answering anything she might be curious about.

It was the but that made her raise an eyebrow during his dramatic pause, then snort out a laugh at his deal making. "Quid pro quo, is it? Well then I suppose I'll have to choose my questions carefully then - get the most out of it."

Her smile showed she was only joking, she really wouldn't have a problem with answering any question he had for her in return, for the most part. Depended on what he asked or rather where his questions led. Humming softly to herself though she really thought of what to ask next - because there was a whole slew of them she wanted to at the moment. But she settled on the one that was lingering at the forefront at the moment.

"So, why is it, if this group was so positive, did your dad want to make you move all the way down here? I mean it doesn't exactly sound like you were being lazy while you were apart of it..."

((ooc - hahah well I try to give some real substance to my posts rather then just a few paragraphs >.> I was just coming up short there it seems >.<))

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 19:18:18 GMT -6 »

(Okay. Honestly, I'm sorry about this post. Just couldn't think of what to write.)

Well, all in all it was a form of Quid Pro Quo, only he was just going to ask her one question later on, might not even be that day, as he didn’t know when he was going to feel like asking her. Nonetheless he continued to stroll on beside her as she thought of what to ask. Her curiosity did seem to grow with every question, which seemed to be the exact opposite of him. He’d often just brush things aside, or let them fall as they may. It’s not that they’d ignore them; he just didn’t get the urges to strive for information. It helped that he was pretty understanding, and for the most part understood things as he saw them.

“Good question, but there’s no big answer. Academics. It’s like a kid with video games. They stop doing their homework and you take away their playstation.”

He liked that analogy, it made him smirk having thought of it on the spot. His boyish walk disappeared and his hands slipped form his pockets. It wasn’t anything other then a personality quirk, with the questions he felt like he should be on his toes more, and so he felt better with his hands out when answering. Reaching back he interlaced his fingers and stretched his arms back, cracking his upper back as he waited for the next question to be fired away.

“Alright, what else do you want to know?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 20:59:01 GMT -6 »

"Aah, so you were a bit of a slacker, eh," she jested slightly. It was understandable really. She just didn't have a life was all and was able to keep up with her studies, especially when it came to a subject that captured her attention. But really she didn't want to give her parents an excuse to have her come back home. Aleece was quite single minded like that - when she had a goal she normally kept at it until she completed it, and didn't let anything get in the way. Even with her almost unhealthy love for computers it managed to tie in for whatever she was doing - be it school work or other wise.

So she supposed she was pretty lucky that way.

"You know if you ever have some problems with your work, I can probably help you out. I am pretty nerdy...if you haven't guessed."

Aleece wasn't sure what his take was on her social standing, but it was pretty low in the social hierarchy of high school life. Because not only was she not a fighter in a military based school, she got scores that placed her at the top of almost all of her classes, not to mention she never hung out with anyone - never been to a party or the like. Of course she was okay with the socially dead path her life was on. It meant she didn't have the peer pressure like others did, she didn't get in trouble...but it also meant she didn't have a life.

When he practically invited her to ask another question however she smiled a little and narrowed her eyes as she thought about what she could possible come up with. "So I noticed you only mentioned your dad and you moving down here, that mean you don't have any siblings?"

It was a safe way to ask if it was just the two of them, but then of course there was the question of why if that was the case. But she supposed she didn't have to get that personal today...but right now she was just interested in talking about someone else besides herself right now. Actually that was how she preferred it on most occasions, because normally she found everything else intensely fascinating other then herself - seeing as how there was nothing outstandingly exciting about her life.

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 1:12:50 GMT -6 »

‘A bits kind of an understatement, that’s like saying we gave the death row inmate a mild sedative for his execution. Heh, that’s dark, but funny… I should’ve said that, damn.’

Despite what he wanted to say he didn’t quite pipe up in time, so when Aleece offered her mental services, possibly in exchange for his training? He felt as though the timing had passed and he left it just an after thought to fade away from his ill placed mind. Thought when she stated she was a nerd so many things popped to mind that he didn’t quite know what to say, and in what order he should phrase it. What he did do however was glance over at Aleece, almost like sneaking a peek even though she was walking besides him. Well, honestly he was sneaking a peek as his mind ran rampant with comments, many, many comments.

‘You don’t seem nerdy.’ ‘Hottest nerd I’ve ever seen.’ ‘What, should I say that… No, that might be offensive… Cutest nerd would be much better. Agh! Not that either.’ Trying to calm down his mind was no simple manner, but he managed to divert away from the center of his mental traffic jam and respond kindly.

“Honestly I’d never have known. So I guess you’ll turn the oxymoron of ‘Military Intelligence’ back into a statement, hm?” Smooth… At least it was much smoother then just blurting out any of his other thoughts, which still seemed a possibly given his track record with girls. Even when talking to them as friends he had the habit of over talking… Hm, seems that it plagues most men… Epidemic, or genetic flaw?

When she took him up on his offer to ask another question he felt his mental highway get hit with a twister, clearing off all the cluttering phrases and making room for the Semi trailer of a question she had just asked him. He realized now how odd it sounded when he spoke in relations to the Valley and moving here, having left out major facts that would confuse anyone.

“I have an older sister, Kathy, she’s still up in Canada with my mom. Well actually, now, she should be attending University in Victoria.” He felt it was better to actually say it was a university, rather then just go bluntly with Uvic. While he knew Aleece wasn’t dumb in any sense of the word, he also knew that old lifestyle was thousands of kilometres… Miles away. So while she probably would’ve understood the acronym, it made things easier this way. “My father was already in San Diego on a training course, then was posted here to teach something, not quite sure what.” He knew his father previously worked on the Aura’s radar, but that was it. Teaching wise he’d assume it had to do with that, but he really didn’t know.

Peeking over at Aleece he could tell that the wheels in her head were still moving, so he just had to add one last thing. “And your next question is…?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 15:16:33 GMT -6 »

Aleece could only manage a small laugh at his joking and she just shook her head. She didn't know about that because all she wanted to do was work with computers int he military and do the same afterward. Go to college for free on their dime - get the education and training she would need to excel in the real world to hopefully make something of a career out of her choice. Of course she was slightly surprised that he hadn't thought she was a nerd, but she quickly realized how silly of her that was to assume, just because she had been labeled as such Aleece hadn't shown him that she was exactly academically oriented thus far in their meetings.

All he knew really was that she ran and that she was a ROTC cadet at Knox. But she didnt' comment on what he said and instead continued to smile as she silently listen to him explain that he did in fact have a sibling - a sister. But it did lead her to wonder if that meant his father and mother were separated...? Or maybe they just had some sort of arrangement to live like this for now. However Richard hadn't mentioned anything to suggest either really. So she would go with what seemed more logical.

Actually none of that was any of her business, so she didn't touch that for now, and when he went on to ask her what her next question was, like he was expecting that she wouldn't be satisfied with her digging quite yet, she couldn't help the heat from spreading on her face...was she becoming predicable already? Probably. "A University, huh? What is she studying?"

There, she went with the more safer inquiries, not that it really sated her nosiness completely but it was a good way to keep conversation going while still getting to know him - his family. She supposed she could be going for things like 'whats your favorite color?' 'Whats your favorite food?' or the all time generic - 'what do you like to do in you free time' but she had obviously already found that one out.

"Hey listen if I get annoying, feel free to tell me to shut it," she said with a small grin, not so teasing. It wouldn't really be the first time she had been told as such, after all she did have the tendency to want to know to much.

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 20:09:27 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 19:53:35 GMT -6 »

As he peeked over at Aleece and asked her what else she wanted to know he could see a bit of red hitting her cheeks. If it we’re earlier he’d have honestly dismissed it as heat from the sun combined with her run, but she’d have long since cooled down, and was even know wearing a zip-up hoodie. Was he making her flustered? That was his question at the moment as he continued to look over at her through the corner of his eye. From this his mind figured that maybe he understood her a bit better, and maybe this was her nerdy side. It was exactly that she acted geeky, but just had a thirst for knowledge.

“She’s really into drama, Shakespeare, the old theatre sort of stuff. So I believe she’s taking some creative writing classes, English, and I’m sure she’s getting involved in the drama department. But, as for what degree she might be going for, I’m really not too sure. My guess would be English, but that’s to say she doesn’t find something else that interests her first.”

He had always figured his sister had what he referred to as an extensive attention span. It wasn’t that she’d get distracted by something else, it’s just that she’d adopt it into her list of interests and for a while it would tend to get a larger chunk of her time. Such was the same even now, before she even headed to University she had been talking about traveling Europe with one of her friends, but that was to come later after they had the money and Visa’s to get it in progress.

When she told him that if she gave him permission to tell her to ‘shut up’ should she get to ‘annoying’ he couldn’t help but do a mental double-take, wondering what exactly brought this about. Now he was starting to get curious as to why she thought this way about herself, perhaps it she was self conscious, or maybe it came from past incidents. Regardless, to him it didn’t seem healthy, though he figured if she was really serious about training then she’d naturally turn around.

“I don’t find you annoying in the least-” ‘and I don’t think I ever will.’ Taking a moment he paused, wondering what else he might add to that bit of a sentence. But nothing came to mind, the most he could do was possibly change the topic. “So, Quid Pro Quo: Hm… Do you have a boyfriend?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 20:59:27 GMT -6 »

Now that was interesting. Aleece could always appreciate the thespian arts because again it was something she didn't think she could personally do. Much like this training she had been promised. While she looked forward to it, if she had to be honest with herself, she wasn't very hopeful it would help her out a whole lot. But she supposed that had more to do with her and how she took to it more then anything. Drawing in a breath, her mind was already churning for another question, before letting it out and giving a small laugh with a nod at his reassurance that he didn't find her annoying.

She didn't particularly hope that she was annoying, she just realized that her questioning could be, in turn making her seem like a bother. But people weren't like the internet, there was no simple point and click to get information (when you were actually talking t them) and the only way to actually know what was what with them was to talk. He seemed to pull the "something for something" thing on her and asked his own question, which...quite honestly set her cheeks into a more furious shade of red.

Her small smile melted a little and she looked off to the side, as she attempted to keep her smile somewhat in place, lifting a hand to the back of her pony tail, running a hand over the straight locks in a unsure gesture before dropping it and looking back to Richard. "Well...that's kind of a loaded question for me at the moment...."

Aleece understood it was completely unfair to leave her answer like that seeing as how he had been open to anything she had been poking at so far. Personal or otherwise. "Its just...I am seeing some one?"

Why did that sound like a question...she wondered to herself. Probably because she hadn't spoken or seen Aroon since the day they had wound up in his room...that's why. "I mean...um-" with a small frown at the fact she couldn't explain it she let out a huff at herself. She supposed she could stop kidding herself...it had probably ended up just what it seemed like in her head. A one time thing. Letting out a silent breath out she concentrated on the toes on her trainers sounding a bit more resigned with her next words, "No I can't say I actually have a boy friend."

Because Aroon wasn't her boyfriend they hadn't talked about it at all - hell even with Ari there had been an attempt at a discussion... how depressing, her first real interaction with the other gender in that way and she had the worst taste in guys.

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009 8:02:58 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top  
trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 19, 2009 23:25:35 GMT -6 »

And boom goes the dynamite, oh how the mental boundaries seem to crumble with just one question. He wondered if he should’ve just stayed quiet, seeing her behaviour flip from what was a confident, joking personality into a… School girl? Was that really the best way to describe her now? She was flustered, so he guessed someone came to mind when he asked. Though, the way she played with her hair made him think she was toying with the idea, like it wasn’t set in stone. He noticed that as they walked, after his question, their pace seemed to slow. Seemed naturally that all the other functions took a back seat as the brain fired through thought after thought.

With intrigue he looked over at her, watching ever little action he could. As she looked back at him his eyebrows softly pressed together inward, as his eyes remained calm, trying to be as reassuring as he could. He wondered why, after what could’ve been a simple question and a simple answer he was trying his best to defuse the situation. As she explained that it was loaded his mind took a slight dip towards the realm of confusion. He never really understood what it meant when a question was loaded. Was it that no answer given could suffice, or was it that no answer could be thought of?

‘I should’ve kept my mouth shut.’

That’s how he felt when she turned around and answered him anyways. Despite all his mental nitpickings on body language and being able to survey a situation he didn’t seem to realize that that she was just as unsure of her answer that he was becoming of his question. That is until she spoke up, for once she was stuttering and if that had any effect on him it was at least a smile. For once he didn’t feel like such a geek for acting the same way.

It also brought him back to his sense; the battle of hope was to continue just a bit longer. The fact that she started to stare at her sneakers like things had delved into the land of the unknown. He couldn’t see her cute face, so he wondered: Was she blushing? Was she holding back tears? Was she getting angry? What emotion was coursing through her veins? The outcome as she spoke seemed to be… He couldn’t tell, was that sorrow?

Gently lifting his arm he seemed reluctant to do anything, now realizing they had come to a complete stop. Taking a short breath he finally let his arm hang down around her shoulder. He was going to briefly pull her in for a one armed hug, but he didn’t seem to want to let go after he did.

“Do you, um. Want to be with someone?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2009 12:40:15 GMT -6 »

She hadn't realized she had sounded sad (if she was) or that they had slowed down to an actual stop for that matter. Really she didn't feel one way or another about Aroon, or...yes well even Ari at the moment, other then just confused. One she had personally burned, the other it seemed had done the same to her. Karma. Apparently it was a bitch. But the same thing for either of those guys, there was one thing in common - she was being stand offish with anything to do with a closer personal and more intimate relationship.

Aleece looked up suddenly when she felt Richard put a arm around her shoulder a little surprised by the gesture not to mention what he had to say - maybe because of her reaction to the question? Her difficultly answering it perhaps...not really sure. But the good thing...her face couldn't any redder at that point.

Brushing the entire thing off with a laugh, however forced it might have came out she lifted her hand, the one between them, and bumped the back of it to his chest lightly before getting her feet moving again. "Nah, probably not a good idea for a while to worry about relationships," -understatement- "I got a lot on my plate, at the moment."

She couldn't have sounded anymore obvious about herself, to herself, in her own head. "After all I've got to try surviving this school for the next year and half."

Sticking her hands into the shallow pockets of her zip up hoodie, Aleece squinted slightly against the harsh light of the sun, as she looked in front of her. She certainly hadn't minded the question really, but she doubted that Richard would want to sit through her woes on guy troubles...what little she had. Or rather she wouldn't put him through it. (It just didn't help that she had a particular weakness for guys with strong personalities apparently - which more often then not landed her in some trouble on the wrong end, with the wrong decisions made.)

"So I only think its fair, since I've asked you, what...um...four questions already?" With a slowly returning grin she shot a look at the guy next to her, "you should be given the chance to catch up."

Aleece was pretty certain no other question he had for her would fluster or trip her up quite like that one had so she wasn't worried if he took her invitation to ask more.