Author Topic: Blackout!: JT & Afano v Roth & Conner (Tag Team) (Read 360 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Blackout!: JT & Afano v Roth & Conner (Tag Team)
« Oct 3, 2009 6:55:58 GMT -6 »

Hell has begun it's arrival in San Diego. To celebrate we have Blackout! An SDCFL Internet live-stream promotion containing five brutal matches against the best fighters from San Diego and Chula Vista.

---October 30th, 20XX---

The SDCFL arena is packed yet again. Two floors of a crowd chanting, screaming, and thrilled for the nights competition of blood, carnage, and the best fighters on the West Coast. Their second event, Blackout! is shaping out to be the best yet.

Slowly the announcer makes his way to the squared circle. A simple ring set up surrounded by guard rails for the crowd and a single announcement table. The night has begun.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of the SDCFL welcome to BLACKOUT!"

Another roar echoed through out the packed to capacity arena. Excitement filled the air on the day before Halloween. It was time to start the party.

After two great matches so far it was time to start the Mid Card. The revival of the decade retired SDCFL Tag Team Titles. Four brave fighter would duke it out in order to prove themselves as the better team. The announcer made his way into the ring to announce this monumental match.

"And now ladies and gentlemen it's time for the revival of the SDCFL Tag Team Championships! Coming in first at a combined weight of 485 pounds, "The Maniac" JT and "The God of Thunder" Afano Anoa'i!"

---JT (1st) and Afano (2nd) Entrance---

"And their opponents, weighed at a combined 377 pounds, Conner "The Blind Bad Ass" Dwyre, and the current SDCFL Wrestling Champion, Roth "The Peacemaker" O'Roak!"

---Conner (1st) and Roth (2nd) Entrance---

It took a while for the crowd to settle. The previous matches had them pumped and ready to see a lot more action. This Mid Card was main event status and it was time to get this match underway.

---announcer table---

Ken Savory: Alright guys, you can let'em go now.

(Two Mexican security guards strip duct tape from the body and mouth of Joe Style)

Joe Style: FUCK! What the hell was that all about!?

Ken Savory: I didn't want you to ruin that MMA mathc..physically or verbally.

Joe Style: Your a real asshole you know that?

Ken Savory: Yea, whatever. Let's get into the next match now, eh.

Joe Style: Whatever you say General. Well folks it's time for the Tag Team match of the year. On one team we have the current Wrestling Champion and his blind, yet proven friend Conner Dwyre.

Ken Savory: Wait, that dudes blind! Well then my money defiantly on JT and Afano. I mean their huge! Afano is one hell of a competitor, and the stories on this JT guy are unbelievable.

Joe Style: Well as big of a guy you I've seen you get beat by guys half your size!

Ken Savory: Ya'know what I'll take that challenge. You and me next event at Murder City!

Joe Style: WAIT! What--

*Ding*

(ooc: Order: JT, Afano, Conner, Roth. During entrance start weather you;ll start or be in the corner. After that it's fight v fighter, Conner's can post randomly unless tagged in. Good Luck!)

« Last Edit: Oct 3, 2009 7:02:16 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 4, 2009 17:52:09 GMT -6 »

Damn this place is loud... That's all JT could think as he entered the arena, shielding his eyes from the glare of the stage lights. Though used to the screams and crowds of an underground street fight, he was not prepared for the flash and energy of this place. The crowd wanted blood...but not death. At least not yet. And to JT, an animal raised on kill-or-be-killed, that just didn't make sense. The muscled blond followed his partner, another development he wasn't sure he liked. Afano, as the man was called, seemed perfectly at ease in this environment, thumping his chest and pumping up the fans. JT was normally a lone wolf, a savage one man monster. How was he going to handle having to work in a team?

And rules! There were rules now too! You had multiple ways to win, be it pin, submission, knockout, or ring out. And stuff like waiting to be tagged, no eyes gouges or groin kicks. All very restricting in JT's bloodshot eyes. But rules were rules, and though wild, JT knew when he had to stay within the box. But that didn't mean he couldn't stretch the box as far as it could go...

Finally stepping through the ropes and into the ring, JT stood in the corner, a sullen look on his face and shunning the spotlight. Too much commotion. Some of the crowd jeered and taunted him, crying out that he looked like a homeless bum and a drug addict, not a wrestler. Indeed, JT was barefoot as usual, dressed only in a stained pair of khaki shorts. His only protective gear were the tape wraps on his wrists and fingers and the ripped knee pads. His hair was dirty, sticking out all over the place. A feral animal placed on a pedestal for all the world to see.

His partner Afano noticed the hesitance. "The hell's wrong with you man? You aren't looking like the bad mo-fo they saw you are."

"Shut the fuck up Fat-Boy. I just don't like crowds..."

"Well get used to it. They'll only get more vicious as the night goes on."

"Errgghhh..."

"Look blondie, you want me to start out so you can settle in? You gotta get your head in the game cause I am NOT losing this fight onna account of you being a pussy."

"Don't call me a pussy, asshole. But fine, start. I'll be over here."

And with that the challengers were prepared. Afano would start off, JT to tag in. Now let's see who the other team picked...

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 5, 2009 14:53:59 GMT -6 »

OOC: Roth's gf here. I'll do Afano for this fight. And ty for saving me some work.

IC:

Afano Anoa'i.

The Samoan Wrecking Ball...

The God of Thunder...

Thats all I can say for myself. I've never helped anyone as much as I tried, and as much as I did try I asked for one thing, and it was stolen right out of my hands. That shit hunk of gold that meant so much to me now in the hands of some goth faggot. All I have on my side is the power to destroy...I guess it's about time I used it.

It was about time. I didn't care much to notice the other matches I was too focused on myself, training before this match. My partner? Joshua Treborn. The stories on this kid were pretty impressive, but that ain't enough for me, time to see if this little shit is worth my time.

I had already requested music for they way in. In this business it was necessary, even if the non-regulars didn't know half of what was going on. Thats where I met JT and immediately noticed his hesitance from the lights crowd, and music.

"The hell's wrong with you man? You aren't looking like the bad mo-fo they said you are."

"Shut the fuck up Fat-Boy. I just don't like crowds..."

"Look blondie, you want me to start out so you can settle in? You gotta get your head in the game cause I am NOT losing this fight onna account of you being a pussy."

"Don't call me a pussy, asshole. But fine, start. I'll be over here."

All I could do after that was laugh. I almost always loved how the newbies acted so goddamn tough. This Samoan grew up in some of the poorest conditions in America and I definitely knew how to hold my own, but this was something different entirely. Rules, structure, competition, and pride. That was the difference, it was no place for a mad dog like him, but maybe he'll be different.

I walked my way into the center of the ring. The opponents were Roth who I knew well, and some pint sized blind bat. Although that blond freak didn't seem to fit all this talk our chances of winning were looking pretty good.

« Last Edit: Oct 5, 2009 14:54:46 GMT -6 by Deleted » Back to Top  
connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 6, 2009 20:32:46 GMT -6 »

OOC: Yay! My turn!

Connor felt very out of place. If one were looking for him, they might find him in the park, the library, by a lake maybe. Somewhere that crowds and noise were something of a distant thought. He walked in with Roth, who made Connor look short. However, it helped to hide his tight face, which showed his severe dislike of the environment.

He was dressed in a fighting gi instead of his typical street clothes. Black material, with a symbol in white on the back, Japanese for "Blind Eye," the name of his fighting style. He was barefoot as well, hoping that he could use the vibration of the ring to his advantage. His hands wore his gloves that had no fingertips, and helped to hide the scars that were on the palms and backs of his hands, where he had nails driven through them back in New York. His belt was red. There was no belt system in his style, and so the belt was nothing more than an accessory and mechanism for defense should he need it. It depended on the rules, and whether or not the belt would count as a true weapon.

Connor had fought with Roth before, both along side him and in a friendly spar. Roth was one of Connor's only friends, and the only reason Connor had showed up was because Roth asked him. And he said please. Connor didn't know what he would be in for, and he agreed.

Now, he was beginning to wish he hadn't.

Being blind was enough of a drawback. Though, he could navigate and fight, relying on his overdeveloped senses to aid him. However, if this noise was going to be consistent, than he would be in a world of trouble. His "vision" was fuzzy, and he had to keep himself from grabbing on to Roth for guidance.

He had also let Roth put their names in (though, Connor found out after agreeing that Roth had put there names in LONG before Connor had said yes. Roth apparently anticipated Connor's answer). Connor was by no means anything close to "bad-ass." He was mild, friendly, and open. He enjoyed good conversation, music, and a warm cup of tea. Fighting, though he found it to be fun, was not his foremost option in anything. At least, this place had rules.

They made there way to the ring, and Connor continued to fight to keep his hands from shooting up to his ears to block out the noise. He only smiled politely when they arrived at their corner, and spoke to his friend. "Roth, I'll stay here. You go first."

Connor's hope was Roth would take the other team out, and he could remain here. He had nothing to prove to anyone, and cared not for the fame or the spotlight. "I'm here if you need me."

Please... for the sake of all that is good... don't let him need me.

« Last Edit: Oct 6, 2009 21:18:21 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 14, 2009 19:09:02 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Hey Roth, way to be late for your own threads)

Roth had yet to see Conner for the past hour or two. Why? He was training. A small workout gym in the back of the arena housed Roth alone as he pushed every single part of his body to it's physical limit. Tonight was his sole night of revenge. Afano was Roth's last opponent who he barley beat under extreme conditions. JT he had fought twice, both draws as JT fled due to outter intrusion, and the second fight knocked them both out before each one walked away.

Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*Bam*

*BAM*

A large chain snapped in half as Roth punched the duct taped old punching and sent it flying. Soon after he chased it down, jumped into the air and pounded his taped up fist deep into the sand filled bag, tearing it apart and rising a fist-full of sand above him.

"And their opponents, weighed at a combined 377 pounds, Conner "The Blind Bad Ass" Dwyre, and the current SDCFL Wrestling Champion, Roth "The Peacemaker" O'Roak!"

Well here it went. At the sound of the announcement Roth burst through the doors, down the hall and just caught up with his partner Conner. The two would walked down the entrance ramp to the ring together. Playing in the back round was something more for the fans then either fighter.

Conner followed Roth into the ring closely and quickly dashed through the ropes letting Roth take the first bout. A smile came over his sweating hot face and body covered in green trim tripp pants and tapped up arms.

"Sorry Conner, but you gotta learn to hold your own when I'm not around."

With that said Roth quickly dashed to the neutral corner and the bounced back in Conner's' direction, tagging his exposed hand, and jumping over the ropes to avoid a tag back. Roth would be there to help, but this was something Conner would have to do to improve himself.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 17:46:14 GMT -6 »

OOC: I guess it's me an Conner then.

IC:

Fear.

Thats all I could see from the body language of this fresh face. Roth technically started the match out, but as soon as he could the little pussy tagged and ran. He must have been to nervous to face me again after last time. I didn't think much of it though, now this fight might before as soon as it starts.

"Conner. Cute name, now why don't you get out of here before you get royally fucked up."

I slowly began to walk up to the small blind bat. He didn't look very strong, but I knew more then to judge an opponent just by their appearance. Although this guy certainly doesn't look much like Daredevil.

Now I was in good range of the tiny fellow. I gave a small smile simply at the fact of his age and disability. It was a tad cliche for a blind fighter to end up in the ring, let alone a match like this. A bead of sweat ran down my bare tanned chest as I looked up, and then back down at my little opponent.

"Alright buddy. I'll let you get a good shot in you got five seconds before I come after you."

Taking a good two steps back I would wait fro the best shot this guy could dish out. I was the God of Thunder. Nothing scared me, not even some blond so called bad ass. Five seconds is what he would get. After that there would be nothing left of the "Blind Bad Ass".

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 18, 2009 22:17:35 GMT -6 »

He felt the tag, and that was it. Connor was in the ring, much to his dismay. No, no, no no! Bad! Why did I agree to this again?

Connor was pondering these things as he entered the ring. The roar of the crowd was not something that egged him on, but more threw him off. He threw his focus into overdrive, and just let himself feel the large opponents steps. The other had a distinct weight and most likely a strength advantage. Connor would have to use those against him.

If he could have read the boys mind, he would have agreed, Connor did not consider himself 'bad ass.' Roth did, though Connor didn't know why. Because he could fight, even with the handicap? Connor didn't find that special. He would have to discuss that issue with Roth later. He didn't need to attract trouble to himself, or have hep with that, either.

The boy was also giving him a courtesy shot. Once Connor was squared off, his face lost the fear aspect, and turned determined instantly. His ears perked, and his senses were on edge. He could smell the sweat beginning to emanate form the boy, and his location was pinpointed. Connor didn't face him directly. He was turned, his right side facing the boy. A profile was harder to hit then a full frontal.

He grinned, and spoke straight forward, thought the boy was to his side. "Kind of you, but I'll pass." He was ready. Just needed to strike at the opportune moment. "Don't hold back, either. Taking an oppoenent lightly is a good way to get hurt."

That should be his five seconds. Now the fun could begin.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2009 13:27:51 GMT -6 »

Well, if there was one thing this guy had so far it was guts. I couldn't not respect that. It took a nice bunch of gonads to stand up to a guy like me, hell I could eat this guy if served to me on a silver palate. It was too bad though, someone with this much courage had to go down so fast and early.

"I like ya kid, it's a shame you ain't on my team."

After putting my large arms down I took another once over of this guy and his surroundings. Roth was nowhere to be seen, I assumed JT was ready and waiting, and here stood this little toughie.

Tightening my stance and legs I readied the attack, In one fluid motion I rushed my large body at the small man. The advantage here was I knew how to use my surroundings. Conner was up rather close to the turnbuckle and I had just enough room to gain some speed. Soon Conner would be charged, lifted from my hands latching around his smaller rib cage, and throwing him against the corner. Once he got there it was about time I opened up a can of whoop-ass.

With Conner literally cornered I'd throw a good right punch to the ribs, then a left punch for the chest. Once I got both hands close enough I'd grab the middle rope and heave my shoulder into his gut at least 5 or 6 times.

The God of Thunder was on the attack. There was nowhere left to run.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 22, 2009 15:48:48 GMT -6 »

Well, being liked by the enemy wasn't so bad. But, it was little consolation to Connor. He could tell the opponent was much larger than he was, and strength to strength would just be suicide. Connor had to out think, and out maneuver him. He was backed into a corner, both physically and metaphysically, and so a quick mind and body would be his best weapons.

The boy rushed him, which was the most straight forward attack you can pull. Connor didn't like leaving the ground, as it made his blind condition that much worse. But, as moving directly out of the corner put him in the direct path of the living wall that was now charging at him, he had little recourse.

Connor was now thankful for the few matches he fought alongside Roth in the ring about a month and a half ago. He understood the makeup of a ring like this, and it was going to be more than helpful right now. The ropes were springy, but more solid where they attached to the turnbuckle. Almost like rungs on a latter. Connor turned to face it, and made like he was going to run at it. He knew his distance, though, and as Afano came at him, Connor hit the ropes like steps. Once his right foot hit where the top rope met the turnbuckle, he launched himself in the air backwards, effectively going over Afano, and landing behind him.

If successful, Connor would launch a kick at the boy's knee, the inside of his left knee to be exact, with his right foot. One thing that held true... no matter how big someone was, you could drop them with a strike to their knee. Once it connected, he would plant his right foot, and turn, aiming another kick for the boy's ribs, still on his left side, and with his left foot. Basic, but effective.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2009 15:50:49 GMT -6 by connor » Back to Top  
Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 24, 2009 9:43:41 GMT -6 »

This Conner kid isn't half bad. I wouldn't have thought to see this much movement and aerial prowess from a blind kid. Maybe I've been underestimating this kid. Already dodging a full force tackle. Still, this should be a piece of cake.

A hard kick was sent flying into the inside of my knee. My face slammed hard into the second turnbuckle just from a jump dodge and a kick. Then my ribs felt the crack of a second kick. Good accuracy for this kid, but once I can get him where I want him it'll be all over.

Taking a small flail and hauling my body up to my feet I turned around to face Conner. The blind fighter was retracting his kick providing me with opportunity. Without hesitation a full force right palm strike would go for Conner's head. Then a left palm for the right side of his jaw. Eventually my strikes would become,e a flurry of strikes each aiming at his head or torso until Conner was completely out of range or had taken a full on hit.

My point in all this was to get Conner close to the ropes. Not necessarily the corner, But just enough until I could grab him. Once he was anywhere near the ropes I gave a slow charge with my arms ready to scoop him up to my shoulder into a fireman's carry and slam him down in the Samoan Drop, or for the "blind bad ass" to jump again giving me an opportunity to grab and pull down his legs to execute an old fashion Power bomb.

I'm Afano Anoa'i...

I'm the God of Thunder...

I'm going to win...

With or without JT...

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 3, 2009 15:52:51 GMT -6 »

He went down, but recovered quick. The last thing Connor needed was to get hit by this guy. The first strike came, and Connor got his guard up just barely in time. The boy was straight power. Period. He could strike and grapple, which was more than Connor would have liked. With the flurry coming, Connor had no time to counter, and was being backed up.

With every strike, Connor began to realize that the boy wasn't trying to really hurt him with any of them. The problem was, Connor fully realized the plan too late. The boy scooped him up, and preformed some kind of move on him that he wasn't prepared for.

He hit the mat hard, and let out a noise that showed he felt it. Not good. Definitely not good.

Connor could hear his friend close. He was near enough to the ropes to get himself out of this. He was in pain, but he always was lighthearted. This Afano guy wasn't half bad. That, and he was a good fighter. Someone Connor would much rather be friends with outside of this than enemies.

With a smile, he spoke. "Well, its been fun." And rolled to his side, tagging Roth. "Time to play with someone else."

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 8, 2009 20:54:53 GMT -6 »

(ooc: FYI All matches have been extended to November 31st. For contunity Blackout will occur before the Collapse plot, so in other words: let's try an make this nappy =D)

"Oh Shit..."

Roth cringed a bit at the sight of his unsighted friend being slammed down hard onto the mat. He was doing good so far considering the environment and opponent, but it was time to make this match what it was.

So far the damage on both teams was equal, and thus it was time for a fresh face. Roth extended his arm quick to intercept his rolling friends tag. Roth looked to the ref making sure he saw the tag before taking part. With a fire in his eyes Roth would slowly walk to the center of the ring, ready to face his islander rival.

He would speak no words, and would expect the same from Afano. A smiled crept up on his face as the two men faced off. The anger and animosity filled the atmosphere within the arena. Cheers from the crowd disputed between the two. Roth would all together drop his smile while getting closer in on Afano,

If the fat man had the cahoonas to stand against Roth, then out of nowhere he would begin the attack. Roth would headbutt Afano hard on the bridge of his nose and follow up with a Super-kick to the face. After the attack he would wait for a counter or retreat from the hungry hungry hippo.

This wasn't personal in the least. What Roth wanted was JT. He wanted nothing more than to break the blond maniac in two, even if he had to go through Afano and hopefully not Conner in the process.