Author Topic: Collapse (PLOT, ALL READ/REPLY) (Read 2,125 times)
Absinthe Makaila
Secretary
Counsellor

Absinthe Makaila Avatar

[color=deeppink]<3[/color]

[send pm]

Collapse (PLOT, ALL READ/REPLY)
« Oct 19, 2009 17:07:46 GMT -6 »

She didn't say much to Afano's accusation that the middlers were idiots. Instead, Mae would have simply turned to look at him more clearly, giving him an almost awkward, dead stare. He may have been escaping the so-called "idiots", but, he'd just become home to a thousand germs by preferring a seat next to her. After catching his name, she'd take an almost gasped breath in preperation to speak up:

"I'm Bae-Lim"

And that's when an awfully familiar voice would bless her. She wasn't a church-goer, so that ruled out Sunday school acquaintances. And so, with curiousity getting the best of her, Mae-Lim would turn and look up slowly to get a peek at who it was. It was strange how the sun hit behind Seth in this angle, kinda like God was making fun of her. At a moment like this, her eye would have probably twitched as she realised this was the school Seth had told her about. However, with most of her brain-workers in a coma, only apathy and self-pity had survived the virus attack and she made no actual reaction to the sight of him.

Of course, some parts of Mae-Lim never changed. So instead of being moved by his following kind gesture, the girl would reach out for the handkerchief and simply give Seth's comment a rather sarcastic "Uh-huh". Then she would proceed to blow her nose several times into the cloth, take a few breaths through her nose while she still could, and sigh contentedly.

The arm would be partly-well received. At first, it caused the girl to shiver, mostly out of discomfort (and partly because she was cold already). She would have tried to escape his arm somehow, although not quite as forcefully as she usually did, but her mind had quickly changed. Letting Seth get on with talking to Afano, Mae-Lim proceeded with leeching off Seth's arm heat. She would have leaned on him for more effective leeching, but, she wasn't desperate enough to dash passed her personal boundaries. However, just so she wouldn't let him get away with it completely, Mae-Lim would plop the used handkerchief onto Seth's lap, partly wondering why he even had one with him.

His question would be met with a "Nawt much, judd shome yellin'." from Mae-Lim, who only knew about that much because she had been busier staring at her knees. She'd take one more look at Fightmaster, to take in his appearance before giving an "ugh..." and pressing her forhead onto her knees.

Why had she even bothered coming to school? First week or not, she was in no shape to learn, anyway.
[/font][/color]

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2009 13:21:03 GMT -6 »

As Roth and Ari both added their own words in accordance to Tiao's, the chinese ex-pillar sat in silence. Crossing his arms over his chest, Tiao leaned back in his seat, scowling at nothing in particular. As conversation continued, the Tiger of Hircine became pretty sure that he was scowling at the constant talk about "readiness." There was no doubt Tiao was agitated. He just hadn't decided if he was going to blow off some steam or not. Roth and his sidekick seemed perfect enough punching bags.

Tiao's eyes naturally shifted towards another "friendly" sounding voice. Tiao never recalled seeing this student, but by the appearance Tiao guessed he was a blind man. A functional handicap at that age was nothing to scoff at in itself, but his speech seemed to turn Tiao away from violence at the moment. He was another goody goody, from the sounds of things, but he had a Hircine way about him. Reminded him of some of the peace keepers back in San Fransisco, strong morality, but not overly naiive. The thoughts were enough to distract Tiao for the moment.

Lost in his thoughts once again, Tiao's off day proved him to be unaware yet again. Though he didn't jump, Tiao was surprised at the touch of his shoulders, but knowing that Ari was around meant that there was little chance he was in any danger. Looking out the corner of his eye, Tiao confirmed that as he received a prod and a kiss on his temple. Sable's initial remark was met with mixed male angst, agitated at the fact she was teasing him now of all times, but at the same time a bit more calming because of the source. Though the initial question didn't receive any sort of reply, as Sable took a seat and spoke up once more, a snicker would release inbetween Tiao's lips.

"I don't let trivial things bother me. I'm beyond qualms from fools or women."

Tiao emphasized the last as a pesonal jab at Sable. Though his lying wasn't quite up to par on this day, he said it with enough agitation to make it believable that it was true. Regardless, he figured Sable tough enough to delve too deep into it anyways.

Deleted

Deleted Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 20, 2009 13:51:53 GMT -6 »

If this was anything, it was awkward. Not only was I now out of the whole loop of the middle, but now got to hang out with someone who I once called my enemy. Now I could see this 'Seth' in a different light. A bit of cockiness with the willingness and ability to back it up. Theres something I could really get into.

"Nice to formally meet you Seth, forget about the party, that was merely for the money."

With a reach over the sick girl in between us I caught the hand of Seth. Nothing over the top, no exceeding show of strength. but just enough to be respected, the same he expected of Seth. I watched as the girl started acting familiar with the 'party-pooper'. I simply watched the two exchange words before adding my own comments.

"So, you two have any idea what the hell could be going on?"

With heavy eyes I took a deep yawn after speaking. Even if the day was nearing the half way mark it was still too damn early for something like this. By the way the crowd and staff seemed to be acting it seemed as if this assembly would change everything. I wouldn't at least waited until the end of a Friday to let them all blow off whatever steam they may need to.

keith

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2009 10:15:03 GMT -6 »

Ari understand the more somber tone. Neither of them did well at these things, or even with the faculty. For separate but similar reasons, that he felt to be somewhat his fault, while ultimately a reason for him to be rather standoffish with the reigning adults.

With a small yawn he nodded against her shoulder, sure that nothing good would come from yet another one of these travesties. The last time it was attempted he heard it nearly started a riot, stopped only by a hail of rubber bullets. Hell, he would've made quite a racket there himself if he had been available.

Her voice lightened, although it didn't sound all that artificial, when she turned and talked to a friend that had approached from one side. His head jostled slightly, but it didn't feel as though he was being brushed off, her shoulder just moved as she refolded her arms.

Ari ignored the fact that she was offering to make room for her friend, he became quiet, resting until his full attention would be required yet again. Comfortable and tired he did not intend to disrupt himself until necessary, and at this point that would be determined by those around him, namely Aleece and the faculty.

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 21, 2009 23:16:36 GMT -6 »

“Uhh.” Looking behind Aleece and over towards the guy whose head was on her shoulder he contemplated whether or not he should disrupt his seemingly relaxed posture for something as silly as a seat. He’d always been that way, thinking more about other’s positions then his own. But this was just a seat after all, so it’s not like it’d hurt anyone for him to move down. “Sure, why not.”

As he waited for Aleece and her friend to move down a seat he stood up while leaning forward, reaching down to grab the back of his calves and pull himself into a stretch. He didn’t like staying squatting for to long, it tends to make him stiff as though his body wasn’t quite sure how to stay low and relax at the same time. Working out the back of his thighs he hugged close to his legs before letting go and moving up with short dynamic bursts that were followed with pulling himself back in.

Feeling a bit looser, and lighter on his feet he pulled out the now empty chair until there was enough of a gap for him to walk in front of it and pull it back in. That was just his personality, rather then disturb those around him by throwing his leg over he took the easier, less thought of route by simply pulling it back. Scooting himself forward along with the chair he brought himself back into the row before he finally leaned back and relaxed – as much as he could while surrounded by a group of strangers. At least where he was now he knew Aleece, which was much better then sitting a few rows ahead and feeling completely uncomfortable.

“So, what’s new?”

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 22, 2009 18:03:04 GMT -6 »

Aleece smiled a little more at Richard when he took her invitation to take a seat instead of squat there the entire time. Not only was it uncomfortable for him, but it was awkward for her...for some reason. Shaking her head lightly she turned her back to the other side, where Ari had just nodded to what she had said earlier and resumed, presumably, sleeping. Since having him around almost constantly she had become somewhat more comfortable with the contact...again. As perusal it wasn't asked for but it wasn't exactly forced either.

Uncrossing her arms she touched his knee lightly, patting it to draw his attention. "Hey do you might scooting down one? I'll let you keep using me as a pillow after that."

Of course she didn't mind that he was leaning on her so this was only a brief thing to disturb his quiet resting (or as quiet and restful as it could get at a slightly rowdy assembly with all three schools in attendance.) After some shifting and getting comfortable once again Aleece muttered a thanks to Ari and turned to Richard when he spoke to her again.

"Well nothing really 'cept for this assembly..." she offered up pretty much uselessly. There had been no change in her routine and nothing out of the ordinary happening since the last time she had seen him...so. "And quite honestly I would rather be anywhere but here."

There wasn't just something in her tone but her words suggested little faith this would remain civil for long. When the heads of this school had something to announce there was a sure fire bet someone wasn't going to like it, and that someone would be stupid enough to speak out. It would merely fuel chaos...again. The Corporal Punishment System was meaning less and less these days...you got kids that were crazier and crazier to defy it. It didn't matter if the fact was that by some miracle they were doing away with the system to adopt some other singular unit way of running things...it was the conformity that would always, time and again, have people digging their heels in....

Seemingly lost in those thoughts, Aleece tried to work out just what this all was about.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Oct 22, 2009 19:59:03 GMT -6 »

And to further add to Dagny's deja vu'ing, her heart sunk when she stole a glance towards Tiao's general direction. It was hard not to with the hullabaloo everyone was making there. It was then when she saw Sable giving Tiao a kiss. Now, if she knew about who Sable was and what she had to do with Tiao, this wouldn't be so bad. However...

Time for a short trip down memory lane to understand where Dagny was coming from.

Back when she was Valencia, she used to date an abusive running back who made her dye her hair blond. After breaking up with him (they broke up, of all things, because he was cheating on her with multiple women, not so much due to the abuse), her blond hair stuck with her and not everyone liked the faux blonde Vietnamese woman, but she got a thick enough skin to put up with it. Tiao had a crush on Charlotte (whom Valencia didn't like since she came off as a n00b goody-two-shoes), but Charlotte really liked Leon Loire and Tiao didn't take to that too well. Valencia didn't know that Tiao liked Charlotte, but eventually, Tiao grew to like her (then the madness with Keith and organ traffickers happened). In other words, she didn't know it, but she ended up in a rebound relationship of sorts. If that wasn't funky enough, they knew that they had some feelings for one another, but it wasn't as though they were dating or “official” since Valencia was still hurt from her first bad relationship and she wasn't going to be making any first moves probably for the rest of her life.

Fast-forward to the present.

Now people around her had a different reason to avoid her. What can be worst than swine flu, you wonder?

A WOMAN SCORNED.

Her personal bubble got even bigger as people could feel the crackling of upset sparks in her frigid mannerisms. Whenever she was upset and didn't unleash hell on earth via throwing furniture, kitchen knives, glassware, and anything else she can get her hands on, she did what any “sane” woman would do—Either scowl at people or just leave, and she chose the latter (since her scowl would be hidden behind her mask anyhow), all the while muttering to herself why doing so is perfectly reasonable. Typical woman. The following remarks could be heard if people tried to decipher her upset muffled muttering.

Well it wasn't as though we were DATING...” /mutter mutter/ “...Hey, our lives are different now! Times have changed! Of COURSE he'd want a REAL blonde for once!” /mutter mutter/ “...And I bet you, every time we bump into each other, I just put both of our lives in danger anyhow, so it's for the BEST that I never, ever show up again...” /mutter mutter/ “...I can't help it if I practice ABSTINENCE! I prefer NOT to have STD's! And I nearly got RAPED!” / mutter mutter/ “I'm NOT hurt! Really! I'M FINE. I'VE BEEN THROUGH WORST. Hell, I'm DEAD! How CAN I get hurt? I GOT BEATEN EVERY WHICH-WAY, SET ON FIRE, GASSED, AND SHOT. Getting gunned down like a fish in a barrel would be like getting a TICKLE IN THE SIDE...” /mutter mutter/ “What do people think I am, DESPERATE? If I was desperate for a relationship, I would've just said yes to the rapist and no to the ex-pillar. SEE? I was just waiting for a Mr. Right that doesn't exist! 'Cause they're ALWAYS Mr. Wrong to me!” /mutter mutter/ “...Besides, I'm simply incompatible with EVERYONE on the planet. I know this! This is TOTALLY true! Even when I'm willing to change myself for someone else, there's just ALWAYS something wrong with me!” /mutter mutter/

...Dagny aimlessly walked around at a brisk pace, trying to get as far away from Tiao and the statue as possible. After a while of carrying around a personal thundercloud of contained rage, Dagny resettled much closer to the front. Here, Mae-Lim, another old acquaintance, and Seth were hanging out. She knows of their relationship and had nothing against them (she briefly thought of how cute they looked together even), but the sight of a couple wasn't something wanted to see at the moment...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF—

And so the Vietnamese ex-stuntwoman kept wandering around, this time figuring that the moment chaos breaks out, she'll be the first to escape and was more than capable to take down anyone who got in her way.

keith

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2009 10:13:51 GMT -6 »

Ari wasn't quite asleep, he had enough noise around him that it wasn't hard to guess that he was just drowsy. His eyes were closed, he was tired, but at best he was drifting through the minutes while he rested. The disturbance was only a minor one, he was still only half aware of everything about him.

They shifted to one side, fine that they would be made to move for whatever reason as long as he maintained his comfortable position. Shifting his hips to get more comfortable he tilted his head so his cheek was resting on her shoulder, his hair pressed lightly against her neck as he yawned.

He cracked his eyelids, the gray hues scanning to one side to see who it was they were making room for. Ari nearly nodded to show he was aware of the persons presence, and accepting of it, but the combination of tiredness and comfort kept his reaction to a simple huff.

Ari felt as though his whole body was heavy, and each sound around him pounded into his awareness. Something was going to happen today, it was easy enough to predict. But he was unworried at the moment, he needed to focus on resting so he would be better prepared for the potential need to react quickly when the time came. Master of the cat nap he closed his eyes again and drifted deeper, his breath slow and shallow.

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 23, 2009 12:35:28 GMT -6 »

OOC: Switching to 3rd person as an FYI. Sorry if my post is crappy I haven't been feeling myself past few days

[/i] time, should there be one."[/color]

If Tiao thought about it, he would know what Sable was certainly referring to. Of course she was fully aware that he wasn't serious and she wasn't about to even take it that way. But her woman's intuition was tingly, giving off singles that something was much more deeply wrong with him. As many would believe that Sable probably didn't have a heart; they would be sadly mistaken. Sure she didn't show it often, that's because of the position she was in. She grew up having to be strong all the time. Grew up in a life of privilege, so yes she was spoiled. Was there a soft nature in her heart? Somewhere, somewhere. It just needed a bit more help pulling through. Her smile faded momentarily as she sighed, placing two fingers on her sinus applying a little pressure there to ease the slight headache that was there and her tiredness.

Coming right off the plane and straight here, yeah she had a little jet lag going on. Matching that with all the work she had to do since returning; her father acting a little odd lately. Inside she was worried about him; she never seen her father act the way he had been. But she'd shake it off and give Tiao's leg a small tap with her giving him her attention once again. Though she was a bit more stoic in her expression than her initial approach and response to him. Suddenly she seemed a little drained of her genuine smile; and only a half smile was placed if even that.

"Aside from that... what is really bothering you?"[/ul][/font]

freakypetachick

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 24, 2009 10:49:18 GMT -6 »

"An assembly huh? If the rumors of the last one are true I really don't want to get tied up in all of this."
    The girl known as Lily Lawless began walking out from the bathroom as the assembly was called. She saw the masses of students flock out of the school and down to the courtyard for this massive display. With a yawn and a few presses of her skirt she was soon on her way like the rest of the school.

By the time she got out of the school the sun was shining nicely and the weather was still nice and hot for the Autumn months. Then Lily saw the massive gathering of students. From a bird's eye view it seemed like a large camo and purple mass of insects swarming around their new queen. In just a short period of time the ranks have dwindled down to where the head of security now held all the power.

Right now Lily didn't care much of what was going on all she wanted was to hurry up and get out of her as fast as possible without having to deal with anything substantial. In other words the best seat for a girl like her would be the very back.

Taking some time to analyze the back few rows she saw that there were only a few open seats left next to a girl her height, and two other males (Aleece, Ari, and Richard). With her target in sight Lily began to rush a bit to claim her seat. With a hint of luck she got there just as a group of girls did. All Lily had to do was to give them a dead cold stare before the little clique left.

The only factory left now was time. How long would it take Fightmaster to give his little speech and let them all get out of here. Lily looked over to the three talking next to her and then closed her eyes, leaned back and tried her best to ignore everything until anyone bothered/dared to get her attention.

OOC: Aleece, I'm not to sure which thread goes first. I know in this time line Blackout is the Oct, 30th so I think this assembly happens first.

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 24, 2009 20:04:57 GMT -6 »

Maria watched the crowd in fascination. It seemed everyone noticed the same thing she did, that there seemed to be very few authority figures int he area. She supposed it had something to do with school budget cuts or something as mundane and stupid as that.

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed that she was the only student sitting on the ground and was getting some very odd looks. Truth be told, she felt extremely lonely and could do for some company but supposed that was the price to be paid for being and outcast and always hiding her emotions.

Too late she felt her cheeks burn with the tears that started to fall. She tried to stop herself as the tears racked her chest, hard. Not wanting to attract anymore attention than she already had she undid her ponytail that she was wearing that day and let her hair fall over her face, hiding it from view. Quickly under the pretenses of moving her hair she wiped the tears away, stood up and sat on a chair randomly, not noting the girl next to her with what seemed to be purple hair.

She felt the sobs escape her and in vain tried to stop the tears.

What is the matter with me? she thought furiously, I need control!

Maria was never one to lose control, but she did now. Slowly she closed her eyes and took deep breathes. Anyone listening closely enough could her her breathing, but she took no notice.

She managed to stop the tears, but not the curious aching in her heart. Maria began to wonder why she was reacting like this. Sher thought of Damian and his apparent kindness, the rumors that had spread through the school in the last week or so and the encounter with the boys in the cafeteria. Perhaps it had something to do with that, perhaps not. The only thing she knew was that she should not appear weak and give people an easy target.

When she was sure she had gained control and checked to make sure no one was watching, she took her hair elastic off her wrist and replaced her ponytail. She was sure her eyes were red, but as long as no one looked too closely it didn't matter.

The girl beside her seemed oblivious to Maria's arrival and then she realized the reason for her apparent outburst. She was truly lonely. Something that she never felt before. Not since her father's death. It took her by surprise as she looked around at the other students and how comfortably they fit in. She wished someone would talk to her, but there was no way in hell she would do it herself. She wouldn't know how.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 25, 2009 15:53:13 GMT -6 »

All anyone was doing was standing around. There was a murmur of the crowd, but it wasn't too loud. It seemed as if those who called the assembly were waiting for something. But, what that was, Connor had no idea. He was a boy who thought, and being in a situation without having knowledge made for an uncomfortable feeling within him. Talking briefly with Roth had taken his mind off of that feeling for a moment, but it returned and Connor began to feel anxious.

The last assembly had something to do with that, and Connor did not wish for the same thing to happen here. He silently promised himself he would help stop a riot if he had to. Hopefully, there were others here who would help him should that happen.

He didn't wish to leave Roth to his own devices (as it would probably get him hit), but he needed some space. He moved away, and as he did, he picked up the sound of heavy breathing, like someone either upset, nervous, or both.

Connor knew how that all felt. Being attacked and targeted because of a handicap usually led one to be shoved away. The person seemed to be pushing others away unintentionally. It was the 'different' ones that Connor felt most comfortable with. Maybe it was because he, too, was different.

He took a seat next to the person. Being blind, he couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl, nor if they even wanted someone there. But, there was an empty spot... well all around them, and Connor felt the need to sit rather than stand at the moment.

Keeping an ear out for Roth in case he needed help, he offered a warm smile to the one he had taken a seat next too. "I could be wrong, but it sounded like you could use some company." His empty, pale green sightless eyes met hers. "These assemblies make me nervous too, so maybe it's that I needed company, and not the kind that might get me into a fight." He spoke softly enough for her to hear, and indicated where he had stood next to Roth a few moments ago.

"My name's Connor. Mind if I join you?" He smiled again. Sitting on the ground was way more comfortable to standing in the crowd.

melysa

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 26, 2009 19:13:25 GMT -6 »

God there was a lot of people gathering right now. KittyKat wasn't used to such a crowd, and the gray fur ball backed up on Mel's lap. Melysa was sitting off to the side of all the chairs. Even though their had been a lot of free chairs when she had arrived, Melysa preferred the ground.

Chairs being stacked one next to the other like this meant that people were gonna be close to each other. She preferred avoided that situation, a situation that would promote conversation to people sitting next to you.
    And so Melysa sat on the grass, hands pressed to the ground behind her, supporting her back. The cat was sitting on her lap, with her but pressed to Mel's lower core. The cat's head was like a bobble head doll from Melysa's point of view. It just kept looking around everywhere. Left, up, right, up, looking back at Mel, left, right.... A soft smile would grow on Melysa's lips as she observed her cat.

Though that quickly ripped from her lips when yet an other person approached. Melysa's blue irises fixed the ground at that moment. Maybe avoided eye contact with that person would push him to keep on walking.

And again her great luck played against her.

That person came and sat down next to her. Annoyance overgrew Melysa. She began biting down on her lower lip with jerking movements of her jaw. The male was talking to her, asking what was going on. DUH a girl sitting alone on the grass with a cat on her lap OBVIOUSLY knew what the hell was going on. As he kept on talking, Melysa became impatient. This typical know it all nerd just kept on ranting what his thoughts were and what he thought was going to be the outcome.

And atlast, he had to ask.
    "So, what's your name? What do you think is gonna happen soon ey?"

Those blue sharp irises snapped to her left, hair crossing her face. Those piercing eyeballs were fixed upon him for a while. They obviously worked their magic for he began moving his upper body way from her, very slowly, just like you do from a snake whose ready to charge.

Mel left brow rose, though he couldn't detect anything but those fixing blue irises.

"Mes pouces dans tes yeux..." ((My thumbs in your eyesockets)

He had absolutely no clue what was going on, for he didn't understand shit of what she had spoken.
    But her fixing stare obviously spoke louder then her foreign words, for he got up and left. Melysa could only smirk at the disturbed expression that covered his face.

Her eyes were brought down to Chouchoune, the gray fur ball who was now curled up on her lap. She brought her right hand forward to pet the cat... But before she did, her movement was stopped in mid-air, right when her hand was in view.
    Not too long ago she couldn't look at it, for that annoying cast covered it. She rotated her wrist, it was still incredibly weak, yet the fact that she was able to move it without striking pain was a big relief.

Sighing in relief, she began petting the cat with a small yet playful smile held on her lip.
    Her mind slowly began to corrupt, even more then it already was, the minute she had experienced her first scene of violence...

If you would happen to look at her at this very moment, Melysa seemed to be an average innocent teenager who was nice to everyone.
    Yet again...
    Never judge a book by it's cover....

Not this one at least....

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2009 15:34:08 GMT -6 by melysa » Back to Top  
    trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 26, 2009 22:09:10 GMT -6 »

“And miss all this mass confusion, yelling, and annoyance? I just don’t seem to understand you.” Richard bluffed surprised as his cheeks slightly puffed out as he feinted a smile, his lips seeming to just flatten out to the side as his eyebrows lifted. A small shrug of his shoulders and the awkward upward motion of his arms that seemed to make a ‘W’ out of his frame to complete the ensemble of bad humour. Sarcasm at it’s lower form, and done by a fifteen year old – is there any worse bit of whit?

Feeling the chair beside him scratch across the campus ground and bump across the leg of his own he turned his head to the side to see the purple haired green eyes, lily-white girl beside him. Honestly, being from a semi-small town, her appearance was a bit odd.
    He’d seen Goths, Skaters, Bikers, and a combination of Redheads mixed with the last two groups, but her look seemed more genuine, a lot less materialistic then all the others, and had a slight degree of creepiness to it. He feint a better smile towards her, despite the fact that she wasn’t looking at him before he looked back towards Aleece and the sleepy-headed individual on her shoulder.

Unlike the many around him he didn’t really have much to say, and despite slightly ease-dropping on those around, nothing seemed to fit his persona and thought-line of conversation. Figuring it was up to him to keep the hostility down and Aleece’s mind off the crowd surrounding them. Leaning forward he turned his back towards the Goth as he looked towards Aleece and the unknown individual on her shoulder.

“So… Whose your friend?”

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 27, 2009 14:34:05 GMT -6 »

Frankly, she was startled, and might have jumped a bit if he hadn't said what he did. The boy who sat down next to her seemed friendly enough and there was no reason to get into a panic... yet. Wasn't she just thinking moments ago how lonely she was? And now here was someone willing to talk to her and she was going to push him away? Not a chance.

Well, she thought silently; hoping he didn't read anything on her face, when someone offers you a gift, take it.

She looked up at him, not bothering anymore to try and cover her eyes and seeing the spot he had indicated. Indeed it did seem as if a fight might break out.

"It's not so much as I'm nervous as I am just..." she trailed off, not knowing how to continue. After a moment she started again. "Yea, I guess I really am nervous." The glinted off the boy's sunglasses. She frowned, it wasn't all that bright out and the clouds were coming in.

"Why are you wearing sunglasses anyways? You won't be able to see much with those on." she pointed out, clearly curious. The only people she had seen wearing sunglasses were those when it was too bright out, or blind. Then again, this boy might just think they're cool. It wasn't all that unusual if she thought about it.

She wondered about the boy, he was somewhat handsome if she cared about these things. And maybe she did care, just never really thought about it. "Fights aren't all that uncommon around here." she told him, thinking of the group he apparently just walked away from, the various fights she had been in, and her father.

No. Stop, I can't think of those things. She shook her head to clear her mind and directed her attention back to the boy, curious to see what he would say next. He might actually become a friend of hers.

sam

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 27, 2009 19:06:29 GMT -6 »

Samuel Weston was a simple man.

He was told he would have been a perfect soldier, that is if he could contain himself. However, it was that initiative he'd taken on a few occasions that garnered him praise from Staff Seargant Fightmaster. He didn't know Fightmaster too well, but since the Seargant had praised him on occasion, he liked him. Samuel was like a child beaming with pride from a parent's encouragement.

It's no surprise that Samuel found himself a few minutes early for the assembly. Good student characteristics aside, there had been too much going on lately to not show up. Sam had heard some rumors that the late Headmaster Johnson was the one to put up the most recent tournament in the city, which Samuel placed second. That alone brought up a good deal of questions, especially since he'd heard Johnson had been murdered, maybe by Dr. Kussro. There were too many theories so far to have a clean cut theory.

Samuel sat somewhere in the middle towards the right side, He slipped off his backpack and placed it at his feet, pondering doing some homework in the down time but not finding the motivation to actually do it. He looked around instead, finding some familiar faces, but not a whole lot, and not any in his immediate vicinity. Apparently ostracizing himself from others, Samuel leanded back in his seat with an exhale, wondering if he'd get any answers at all.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 28, 2009 20:04:54 GMT -6 »

Aleece actually threw Richard a disbelieving look when he said what he did, before she realized he was joking. She tried to wipe the look off her face quickly though, replacing it with a small smile and shrugged her shoulder, the one Ari wasn't currently occupying as she let her eyes start to wonder back around the assembly. There were more then a few faces she recognized already there and more still coming in. What actually struck her as odd was the fact that Fightmaster had so little security gathered.

The man must be feeling incrediably secure about something, for the setting to be this lax. Still she couldn't stop the sense of unease about the entire thing, like she was definitely not going to like the outcome of everything. Letting out a quiet sigh and turning to Richard again slightly surprised her eyes shot back over to Ari out of the corner of her eye when he asked who the person on her shoulder was.

"Oh," she said, to suddenly startled out of her own musing to really be able to keep up with the conversation. "Um, this is Ari. "

With a faint quirk of her lips she turned back to the guy on her other side, leaving her information at that, and not really expecting the person in question to make a greeting. He wasn't exactly the most sociable of people. It was best to let him do what he was doing now. She was suddenly painfully reminded of his first day...and the trouble that ensued quickly after. Careful with the pained looked that wanted to cross her features she kept smiling instead.

aroon

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 28, 2009 20:32:49 GMT -6 »

Twenty-four hours.

A single day, he'd been back, barely managing to get to grips with the apparent fucking lunacy that had gone on from what he'd heard in little whispers here and there, and this assembly gets called. Fact was, the Thai didn't know if this was a curse or a blessing. On one hand it might serve to explain everything in one single mouthful, rather than having piece it together himself from snippets, but on the other he was half-expecting another hefty dose of questions laid out.

No Director. No Johnson. Kussro had apparently disappeared for the time being....Right now the highest power in the collective was that Sergeant, and for some reason that unsettled the Thai a little. Standing in the crowd with his hands in his pockets he glanced ahead without much of a look in either direction, more than intent on finding out just what was going on around here. As much as his mind drifted to the conversation of the previous evening, he kept it pushed to one side for the time being. From the general atmosphere in the still growing crowd, this was apparently quite important. Straight ahead of him, he looked at the suited Fightmaster with an unfazed expression, waiting in silence, as silent as he could bring himself to be with the incessant rabble of noise around him anyway.

'Hurry up and start speaking...'

z

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 31, 2009 1:38:35 GMT -6 »

A large amount of students had finally gathered, and his roll-takers, shadowing the students, called in to Fightmaster via his earpiece that most of the students were now attending, and it was time to let the assembly begin. Leaning in to the mic, Director Pro Tempore Fightmaster tapped the device twice and cleared his throat, hopefully giving enough warning to the students that the show was about to start, and that the ones who actually came to listen should start listening.

"Young men and women of the Collective, I have brought this meeting together to address some disheartening news. As you all have no doubt heard, either through news broadcasts or thoughout school rumors, former Knox Headmaster Stephen Johnson was shot dead atop the attachment building to the Henry Knox Academy. In ways we do not know, Doctor Thomas Kussro is also thought to be involved in some way, though all investigations on the subject seem to point out that he was not the shooter. Details on the actual murderer are still classified. Unfortunately, this is all we know, but rest assured, the moment we are allowed any more information, we will make it available to you. Because Mr. Johnson was a credited FBI agent, the investigation of the murder lies solely in their hands, and even my contacts in the US Military Corps cannot seem to allow me any more than what we've all heard on TV."

Fightmaster paused a second to let the students absorb the information. What had basically passed here was exposition: the students were being prepped for the big news.

"As one could expect, there are a few major changes that are to come as a result of these happenings. First of all, and this should come as no surprise to any of you, the FBI have requested the Henry Knox Academy to be cordoned off and closed to all students and faculty for the duration of the investigation. All students of the Academy will now be attending their classes at Fremont High. All military duties have been suspended until former notice."

Of course, this sent up a cheer from the Knox students, who, by and large, were sent to the school as a result of bad behavior from their family.

"However, O'Hare students, you are also to be attending your classes at Fremont, during the evening hours when the high-school aged students have finished their school day. The reason for this, I'm afraid, none of you will be cheering for."

Another pause, this time solely for dramatic effect. Plus, Fightmaster wanted them all quiet when he delivered the rough news, so there could be misunderstanding or mistaking his words.

"Effective immediately, everyone at the Chula Vista Collective has been declared a possible suspect in the murder of Agent Johnson. Because of this, the Collective Directorate has forced us to place the school under lockdown. Until the situation has been resolved, no one is allowed to enter or leave the Collective. As we speak, our security force is being doubled, and guards are being posted across the Collective's boundaries."

And he would be right in his words. Large vans and Hummers, all splayed with the words "Hyperion Security, Inc." were pulling up and setting up roadblocks along all the major and minor entries into the Collective. Men and women wearing Hyperion Security uniforms were checking into the Collective, already planning patrols, routes, and shifts. Furthermore, HS officials were speaking with the mayor of the city of Chula Vista, showing their government-stamped papers and reaching the agreement that they would bolster the police force there in return for sole custody over truant Collective students.

"Some of you who have moved here from a certain school in San Francisco may be having recurring memories of a certain security force known as 'the Watchers' as I say this. Don't. These guards and security men and women have little to no interest in you keeping to the rules established both by the Collective and the nation's policies on education. They are solely in existence to ensure you do not leave the Collective Grounds at any time. With this in mind, understand that the consequences for attempting will be worse than anything these 'Watchers' ever did at Hircine High."

The way Fightmaster spoke these words was eerie, in a sense. His usual calm tone of voice never lowered, his body language never spoke of a threat. As far as he was concerned, it wasn't a threat. Simply a point of fact to be told to the students as a fair warning.

"Your parents have all been notified, and they have all signed waivers of consent. If any student would like to see them, they simply have to ask at the front office, and they will be provided. Accomodations will be provided to those who had prior living status outside of the school. Yes, this also includes Faculty members. As stated, this will be for as long as it is needed, until more information is available to us."

Groans and shouts of disapproval rumbled throughout the crowd, but Fightmaster, if he was worried, showed it not at all.

"Put simply, students, here are the major changes you will be facing: Students will all attend their classes in Fremont. Students and Faculty are not allowed near the other two school buildings. Students and Faculty are, also, not allowed outside the Collective. This concludes the assembly. Following this, everyone needs to report to the Fremont main office and receive your new class schedules. However, due to the sudden and understandably jarring nature of these developments, the faculty and I have decided to cancel classes for the rest of the day. If you have any questions, you may approach the stage here in an orderly manner, and I will do my best to answer them, personally, one by one."

With that, Fightmaster shut off the mic, and went to the edge of the stage. He sat down upon it, his feet dangling only a few inches from the ground. Despite his authoritative air and new position as the most powerful man in the Collective, he still seemed to be almost casual in his seat and body language. It was almost as if carrying out the bad news had been just a situation he was forced to undertake, and now that it was over, a large weight had eased from his mind. Saying nothing, he looked over the crowd, spotting the faces of note that Johnson had made tabs on before. Likely, among these were the ones who would be questioning the motives and consequences, so these were the students he would patiently wait for.

(OOC Note: Since we all know my posting can be spotty, don't be afraid to post your character asking any questions. I'll TRY to post a reply as quickly after each question as possible, but if a day or so has past and I still haven't, just have your character pretend the question was answered and ask their own, and I'll answer each question in turn when I do post.)

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2009 1:40:25 GMT -6 by melysa » Back to Top  
    shu

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 31, 2009 8:48:00 GMT -6 »

[/ul]

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 31, 2009 10:05:31 GMT -6 »

If Richard had been about to say anything else or even Ari, it was cut short by the fact Fightmaster spoke up at last, presumably everyone was in attendance and things would finally be explained as to what this was about. Of course the news he had to deliver was no shock what so ever...that particular hearsay had been floating around for quite sometime, the almost conspiracy theories of what could have happened and for what ever reason or why didn't interest Aleece much, so she disregarded this first half. However...it didn't keep her from feeling like this was a lead in and that sinking feeling pitted deeper in her stomach, making her shift in her seat.

All attention was on the front, and while the next bit of news made her stiffen she didn't join in the apparently positive response to it. In fact...it made her brow crease. And like she would expect the news turned into something...a little more negative with the student body. A lock down, doubled security, and they were all suspects to murder? Her jaw actually went slack at that news. All parents had been notified and signed a release...so he said, but something didn't quite strike her as right.

Her fingers actually tightened against her arms, still crossed under her chest and she felt herself tensing even more at the thought of being locked on this campus...and attending Fremont of all places. Aleece shook her head slowly, not wanting to actually process what that meant, for her personally, never mind what it really was for. She knew she didn't have anything to do with Johnson's death, though she couldn't say he didn't deserve it - this was like throwing salt in a fresh wound.

She was to busy looking at the suited figurehead behind the podium to really take care to notice anything else. There was no way she was staying here again. The rest came in almost a garbled processing through her ear...but she wanted proof. She wanted to see her parent’s signature on this waver. Standing without looking at Ari or Richard, Aleece gripped the back of a chair in front of her, totally disregarding the request to come up and speak to him in an orderly manner, "I don't believe it." Her voice was loud enough to catch the surrounding people but...probably not much more.

Slipping past them and shaking off the unsteadiness she suddenly found in her knees she stepped into the isle up the middle to the stage where the Sergeant was sitting on the edge of the stage, working her way through a few people. They couldn't possibly do this? Could they? Aleece didn't know for sure, there had to be a different reason then what was stated...of course she didn't know California state law like she should, given she lived here, but then again, law didn't particularly interest her.

“I can’t believe my parents would have signed something like that, sergeant,” she finally said somehow making it up there first. “If they had caught wind of anything like this they would have pulled me out faster then I could do a double take.”

Well…she didn’t know for sure that they would, but they hadn’t wanted her to attend in the first place, which led her to believe this was all hot air…or they were made to sign under duress. Either wasn’t going to help her here she supposed, and apparently things were already decided. To top it off…why, if a student murdered the headmaster, would they still be here risking getting caught? Knowing what kind of place the collective was. There were so many gaps in Fightmaster’s story, and excuses that it smelt a little fishy to her. “What is the real reason this is happening?”

They could do an investigation of the murder without these stipulations and restrictions, should have already done it or been holding one.

keith

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 31, 2009 10:25:30 GMT -6 »

Ari had payed the utmost attention to the sudden voice. He knew it's owner, he didn't bother to even crack his sleepy eyes, and only rested on the gradually tensing shoulder of his wounded but stronger... Aleece, for lack of a better way to describe her. Not quite friends, not quite lovers, they had been in limbo for some time.

When she grew tense enough to speak loudly and clearly, a simple 'I don't believe it' ringing it his ears as he fell lazily to the warm seat she had left him. For her sake he did not rise to follow her, in this proceeding there was many who would protect her, first of all the Fightmaster as he could not risk insisting a riot so soon after imposing what was basically martial law.

So instead he turned and rested across the two seats, saving the one for Aleece, presuming she would return. If she did not it would be easy enough to find her, as he had grown quite used to spotting her. For the moment he just rested, his cheek on the warm seat, his knees pulled up to rest where his rear had been, his body half turned toward the row in front o fhim.

If he had gotten up and followed her it would've made her a target. For now she only had healthy skepticism, after all they were being treated like mushrooms. "Kept in the dark and fed on bullshit." He muttered lazily, loud enough for maybe a few people to hear him, a slight smile crackling his otherwise placid and tired features. The Fightmaster already accused her of being some sort of accomplice of his once, when she clearly wasn't, and he wasn't going to make it easy for him to make the connection a second time for a trivial reason.

trithardt

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Oct 31, 2009 14:55:02 GMT -6 »

Having been just about to wave and say a soft hello when the Sergeant began to speak, directing his attention back toward the main stage and making him sit back in his seat. As the speech went on his mind turned from curiosity to wonder, and from wonder to horror. He hadn’t even known about the murder until Fightermaster had spoken of it, and now it seemed to be that he was suspect? It was at this point that he wished that he were back in the Valley, where the Canadian government didn’t seem to be so screwed up, at least from his point of view.

When the speech was finished he sat there, staring blankly up at the podium with the dark suited man, disbelief fluttering through his mind. As Aleece stood up he remained sitting, only flinching when he felt the head of Ari slightly brush against him thigh as the student laid down across a couple of chairs. Grabbing the sides of his chair he pushed back slowly, breaking the chain of chairs in the back row as he stood and turned away from the group. Walking a few steps away he quickly removed his Krazr from his pocket and dialled his fathers cell. The conversation was brief, and basically confirmed what the Sergeant had said.

As he thought it through he was happy that his training gear had been left in his locker, along with his books and Ipod. He assumed cloths would either be delivered, or he’d be assigned a couple more suits from the collective. With slumped shoulder and a lowered head he started to slowly make his way towards the administration office so he could get his new schedule and find out where he’d be sleeping. He wasn’t quite sure how to process the new situation, but he’d eventually come around to it. How long could it really take to narrow down the suspects of the murder?

z

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 3:47:28 GMT -6 »

(OOC: My posts for answering questions are going to be pretty short, most likely.)

The first student that came up to ask a question of the Staff Sergeant was Aleece Fontecilla, a Knox Academy student who had already seen her fair share of trouble before. As she came up and asked her question, Fightmaster could only shrug slightly at her incredulity.

"You don't think so, Ms. Fontecilla?" Fightmaster would ask in return, though it was, for all intents and purposes, a rhetorical enough question, as he would continue to answer quickly thereafter. "I don't particularly care to dredge up old business, but you were front and center during that fiasco in the classroom earlier in the year. I've got little enough to do with the ongoing investigation already," he said, the frown in his voice making it clear that he didn't seem to be any more impressed by these decisions as she was, "but, logically speaking, if there were any students who would be particularly looked at, I wouldn't doubt that you were one, I'm afraid."

Fightmaster shook his head, frowning somewhat. "As I've said, we have the records of all the waivers, you're welcome to see them if you wish. With any luck, this will only be a temporary thing."

If Aleece would call her family, they would confirm the situation. After all, no matter how enraged a parent may be that their student is being detained indefinitely, when there is an ongoing investigation, and men in suits with extremely high-level government clearance doing the talking, most people are inclined to do anything they're asked.

"I'll do my best to attempt to make this as painless as possible, though I fear it won't be easy."

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 13:33:38 GMT -6 »

Maria never did get to hear the boy's response, for as soon as the Sergeant started speaking, she stopped listening to the boy to pay attention.

Murder? Her? A possible suspect? No way! She's had her fair share of fights for sure, but altogether she was a fairly good student, right? Right?

It didn't matter. She knew her grandparents would sign the waiver. It was insanity all around her. She just sat, dead in her seat, waiting for something to happen, to really affect her. People were laughing, some were crying, others just didn't care one way or the other.

But murder? She's come close to being murdered, it didn't affect her that much, it's a different story when it's someone else, especially when it happens so close to home.

She hoped the boy still sitting beside her would act like it's nothing, like this is just a big joke. At least if he had gone to Knox or the other school then she won't have to be sad when he leaves. In any case, her classes shouldn't have changed, after all she already went to Fremont before all this. They wouldn't just change it because of this, right?

So many questions were running through her head right now the world seemed to be spinning. She sat back in her seat and closed her eyes, hoping things wouldn't get anymore hectic.