Author Topic: Collapse (PLOT, ALL READ/REPLY) (Read 2,123 times)
xian

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Collapse (PLOT, ALL READ/REPLY)
« Nov 1, 2009 15:46:01 GMT -6 »

Xian made her way to the assembly along with everyone else. She stayed near the back, sitting on a chair near the wall to have a good view on all the students so she could watch and make sure they all behaved. Like any teenagers, some were a bit of a hassle but nothing too major had occurred. There was a lot of chatter happening which was normal so that wasn't really stopped until of course the Sergeant finally started his speech. Of course, even the Asian teacher was curious to hear this speech but was also surprised by what she heard.

‘What?! How could this be?! We’re all suspects?’ was the first thing she could think of. It was when he finished off that shocked her the most. The fact that she couldn’t leave; who would pick up her kids from the daycare?! Maverick was at work ‘til late that night and the day care workers always expected her to pick up her munchkins near four or five, maybe six at the latest! This was not good.

But it was just for a quick second that she panicked. She took a deep breath and began to think. It would be alright. She would just ask to make a few phone calls and arrange for her brother or Ran to pick up the kids later and keep care of them till Maverik came back from work. Also, she would call Mav from work and let him know of the current situation so he could figure out something for the next day if she had to stay in the school for longer than anticipated.

But gah! This didn’t calm her nerves at all. She tried to stay calm on the outside but you could still tell that she was worried. She knew for a fact that she wasn’t the one who killed him and felt it was her right to be released, but she also understood that no one could read her mind and know for a fact that she wasn’t the one who murdered the Headmaster.
But Xian hoped, hoped that the one who did do this would be found out and caught soon so she could go back to her family soon. For now, she just sat quietly in her seat, listening to all the students questions and concerns. It was all she could do for now...

zev

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 18:12:07 GMT -6 »

JT had been dozing off to sleep from sheer boredom when the word murder snapped him awake. Certain words had that effect on him, like blood or sex or Kermit the Frog. (Don't ask) Now that he was awake and focused, JT listened intently as Fightmaster explained the new situation. Well, ain't that a pretty 'lil bitch. Stuck on the school grounds for god knows how long, with no drugs, booze, or anything in solid supply, and he's a possible suspect for murder. Of course, he was a suspect in a lot of murders and violent acts in the southern California area, but this one he didn't even do. It was almost insulting.

Forcing his way to some degree of sobriety, JT pushed off the wall he was leaning on and started making his way to the front of the stage. He shoved past several students and faculty members, making his hereto unknown presence felt in a very strong way. More than a few of the students who hadn't yet made JT's acquaintance simply stepped out of the way, frightened or confused or just plain creeped out by the big male. Looking and smelling like he walked out of a bar brawl in Tijuana helped. For his part JT simply ignored everyone else, his bloodshot fixed on the path in front of him. Fuck the others, he wanted answers.

When he had made it relatively close to the stage and the seated Fightmaster, JT stopped and spit out a wad of saliva on the ground, wiping his mouth off with the back of his hand. Then he said, "The fuck is wrong with you man? I didn't even know who those dead white guys were, let alone kill 'em. You could've done it for all I know. I can't stay locked up in here, I've got places to go, things to do. I was supposed to make a killing on a weed sale tonight! Screw it, I ain't got time for this bullshit!"

With that JT flipped off the Fightmaster and walked away to the right side of the stage, taking an impromptu seat on the ground with his back leaning against it. He then closed his eyes and rubbed his temples hard, trying to drive down his splitting headache. Probably shouldn't have screamed like that while hungover. God help anybody who tried to get in his face right now...

keith

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 19:19:20 GMT -6 »

Ari gave something like a fifteen second count after he laid down, letting himself wake up mentally, and then suddenly jerked upright with a start, stood up on the metal seat, and stepped over them all the way to the middle of the set up isle. Everyone in his row had stood up in varrying expressions of anger and confusion.

Hopping down onto the middle of the row he felt a giddy kind of awareness. The days had been going well enough, things had been calming down, and this only changed a few items of his daily schedule. Of course that would make Aleece uncomfortable, but he had a play to deal with that within the day.

Standing in the middle of the isle he ended up stepping out just behind a blond that a few people took notice of. In his odd state of mind his instincts weren't on high alert, he didn't notice the dangerous feeling around him. Ignoring even the possibility he stepped one pace to the outside of the isle so he could see around him, curious if Aleece was making her way back.

While standing there he shifted his mask into a contemptuous smirk, his metallic hued eyes conveying his dislike of the man and his tactics. He was a brute, someone who thought himself clever but was really little more then a small fish in a smaller pool. Ari let the smile drop and shoved his fingers into his pockets, his thumbs resting on the outside, waiting for the opportunity to convey a quick message to Aleece.

hart

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 19:50:11 GMT -6 »

And that was that.

An emergency situation where the suspect was among us in this very place. The justification was there, the authority was beyond what most students could imagine, and Staff Sergeant Fightmaster sat there, answering questions from those who wanted answers, looking collected and at peace with himself, as if he had finished an arduous task that finally left him some relief.

The list of suspects was large and Federal Bureau of Investigation did not want anyone, be they a student, teacher, secretary, cafeteria cook, researcher, or even a ten-year old from Knox to leave without their permission. And all of them, including my own liaison, signed the waiver that allowed us to remain in for an extended - or perhaps, an indefinite - amount of time. The time period of when they would finish their investigation, no one could say when.

Sylvia didn't manage to stay awake while waiting for Fightmaster to speak, dozing off against the tree, oblivious to the situation everyone was in. It was better that way; it was easier to make up a lie about why she couldn't leave the Collective Grounds, instead of explaining to her the details of what she was involved in. And even if she did find out, she'd most likely forget about it anyway.

I grabbed my phone and called Selena.

"What?" She yawned at the other end, sounding rather bored.

"So, what do you think?"

"About this whole murder suspect thing? Don't care. I've already got proof and several people to support my alibi of whenever that murder happened. I really don't care anyway. Besides, it's not any different from what we've been doing all this time. And since we're trapped here, we definitely won't run into *those guys* again."

"Yeah, but-"

"But what? You're just worrying too much over this. Once they question you and find out there's no way you could be involved, you'll be free to go."

"I guess..." I relented, for once losing to Selena's practicality.

"Though I am a little pissed at Vincent. The bastard probably signed it just to spite me."

I smiled weakly; the sad part was, it was true.

When I saw someone approach Fightmaster, he yelled at him, complaining of things he had to do and a weed sale he had to get to today. His voice amplified through the phone, making it clear that Selena was near the front. And from that, I could hear more conversations, but I didn't find them important.

"Hey Alicia, who do you think the killer could be?"

"Well, it probably isn't a student, judging from the rumors. Even if it is, only the students in Knox would be the most suspicious, but they look just as clueless, surprised, and angry as everyone else here."

I thought about it. There were too many rumors concerning Johnson's death and how it went. Some said it was through the back of the head; it was through the heart; it was through the neck; or whatever body part anyone could associate with instant death. Thomas was hospitalized, but his involvement couldn't be determined until he was able to respond to their questions. After him, Fightmaster was the most likely suspect, since he was left as the sole authority of the Collective in the absence of the Headmaster Johnson and Dr. Kussro; he had much to gain.

It was all guesswork, but if the FBI didn't consider Staff Sergeant Fightmaster suspect enough to detain him personally, and that Dr. Kussro was determined to be involved but not the shooter, they had little choice but to suspect that someone else must have been the shooter. Which lead to only one course of action that only government agencies had power to enforce:

A lockdown on the Collective.

"I bet Setsuna did it." Selena said, "He wasn't here the day before that thing happened."

Then I heard his voice through the phone, "That's because I was looking for Dr. Rahjad. He's not here. He moved to another university in Los Angeles a week before any of this happened. I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence he left, or if he knew about it."

"Eh? Hey! What the hell are you doing?! You're not-"

I shut the phone off.

I placed my jacket over Sylvia as more students continued to throw out questions or misdirected hate. Classes were over and it wouldn't be long until we were free to leave. I had to admit that Selena was right; we were safe for as long as this investigation continued, but with the combined student body of the Collective right before me with their emotions running high...I wasn't so sure.

"Sleep tight, and maybe when you wake up, all of this will be over."I whispered, making sure she was comfortable.

If only what I know now, was what I knew back then.

So that's what happened. And just for the record, I now do not regret signing that waiver. Best thing that ever happened to me. Too bad it didn't go so well for you two.

||Edited for Consistency.||

« Last Edit: Nov 2, 2009 10:30:19 GMT -6 by hart » Back to Top  
aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 1, 2009 23:23:34 GMT -6 »

Aleece felt herself stiffen instantly at the mention of the beginning of the year. Apparently that was something that wasn't going to be dropped that quickly. With a twitch that was almost a grimace she opted for a light frown. He might not like to drudge up old business but he sure was quick to do so, wasn't he? Oh sure she could see distaste for the situation written clearly on his face, but one of mild disbelief washed over hers at what he had to say next implied.

He was afraid? Like he disappointed that Aleece couldn't possibly have anything to do with the headmasters death? That was rich....

...and yeah she did want to see, but she didn't push for it. Regardless if the man was telling the truth or not they would be here for an undetermined amount of time that was clear, it was irrefutable...she got it. Dropping the subject all together, but not feeling good about it by any means. It was when someone brushed past her that she almost did a double take and froze, her stomach clenching unpleasantly.

Looking up through her lashes she caught the familiar sight of JT as he seemed to pop up out of no where. It took a moment, during his brief spiel, to notice that he hadn't seen her, that she was lucky if she could just high tail it.

Aleece was going to take the chance she was given to get out while she could and turned only to run right into another familiar face. "Ari..." she breathed out, attempting at a small smile. "Um, lets get out of here. I'm sure we're all done, right? Gotta get schedules, and uniforms..." She didn’t want to sound like she was going on about nothing but she wanted away from this assembly and the blond.

« Last Edit: Nov 3, 2009 10:29:23 GMT -6 by hart » Back to Top  
๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Nov 2, 2009 3:01:33 GMT -6 »

It was bad enough that Dagny might've been caught and identified as a trespassing, non-student swindler on campus... It was bad enough that Dagny was mad at all matters concerning romance, even the romances she never technically had... Now things got REALLY bad as the lockdown wasn't simply a matter of mowing down everyone in the area or having a formidable security force ready to take down anyone who goes against the flow, but to find the culprit responsible for the murder of an agent. The prime suspects? Anyone on campus, namely the faculty and students. As for Dagny, she too was a suspect since she was neither of the two. She's a habitual trespasser and nothing painted a huge arrow of suspicion over her head more than that. It was one strike against her more than everyone else if she ever got found out.

Dammit... I can't get out now... The security is too tight if they're better than the Watchers and I know little to nothing about this place or its inhabitants... Odds are that they'll find me out anyways... Fuck all this.

By nature Dagny was impulsive, but her being upset made it really difficult for her to think straight as she tore the mask off her face and hollered at Fightmaster.

“IT WAS ME. I KILLED HIM. AND I KILLED HIM LIKE A BAUSS. THERE. HAVE AT ME! CUFF ME, BEAT ME, TEAR ME APART, I DON'T CARE! IT'LL CERTAINLY GET THIS HUMDINGER OF A WITCH HUNT OVER WITH!”

...Dagny sucks at lying and yet, this is probably the most anger she's ever unleashed in public enough to make anyone believe that she likely killed at least someone in the course of her lifetime. You'd think that what she was doing was selfless or martyr-like, the way she was willing to give up her identity and all the connections associated to her in attempt to lift the lockdown and get everyone out of this, but in truth... She actually didn't care. Heck, what she was doing could even be considered futile and stupid even, since it might make things worse for everyone else once they find that she isn't the murderer. She was doing this because she was angry at everything and being the mostly passive aggressive young woman she was, she took her rage out on herself. To her, true to her rant, things couldn't possibly get worse for her.

Tiao Lei Shen
Mentor
The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Nov 2, 2009 13:11:52 GMT -6 »

Sable tapped Tiao's leg, once again in an attempt to get his attention. Unable to ignore her completely, Tiao's eyes darted to his left, only to move center once again without an immediate response. It was true that the two of them had gotten close, in a biblical sense. Still, Tiao didn't particularly think himself close with anyone to share things like feelings. Good thing too, because the Fightmaster began speaking, making a good deal of those feelings stronger.

Tiao wasn't particularly looking forward to cramming another student body into his current school. It was then brought to his attention that he would not be able to leave the campus. What income Tiao would have left from Club Rebellion wouldn't do him any good here. Tiao was of legal age, but with them all suspects there was no way getting around the order and getting out of here through any easy means.

Any other means would also be nearly impossible, and just garner him other unwanted attention. He was tied to the murder of Principal MacMillan, and while he didn't commit it, it would be noted on his record. If he was to be further investigated, he could easily be tied to the death of Garrett Avci, the Sabertooth tiger who's murder he was responsible for.

Had Tiao been attentive today and aware of his presence, he still probably would not have noticed the girl accross the quad. Valencia Donahue, or Dagny now, was a master of disguise. She always knew exactly how to avert attention away from herself. Except, today, she seemed to do the complete opposite. While she had made a great deal of changes to herself, Tiao had famaliarized himself with her new appearance, and there was no mistaking it.

Immediately following Dagny's outburst, Tiao pushed himself to his feet. Not quite running or walking, Tiao briskly made his way over to Dagny, snatching at her wrist and tugging her off to the side away from others. Given her outburst, Tiao wouldn't be surprised if someone followed them over there. Given his mood at the person in question, however, god help them if they did.

"What the hell are you doing, Valencia!?"

Tiao rasped in a harsh whisper. He kept a firm grip over her wrist as he spoke, the look in his eyes an uneasy medium between his usual looks, and how he usually looks at her.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Nov 2, 2009 18:03:29 GMT -6 »

And before she knew it, Dagny was yanked away from where she stood. She expected a quick reaction, but not one this quick. She was surprised and was a bit disappointed that she wasn't being violently pummeled by a group of guards. When she realized that it was Tiao who pulled her away, she shot him a glance and was met with a muted glare. She quickly turned away and couldn't bear to look at him. New identity or no, she never did like making eye contact and for a multitude of reasons, she wasn't going to look at Tiao now. In response to his harsh whisper, she quickly spoke under her breath...

“You know, I used to be paid to die in the place of other people, especially people a billion times more significant than me. This is just another day on the job 'cept my payment this time is peace of mind. They were gonna find me out anyways and I'm disposable enough to do everyone here a lot of good--”

She was about to talk about how no one would miss her since her family was dead and everyone she knows thinks she's dead. Tiao clearly was neither of the two.

Dammit...

“Just... Just get away from me, Tiao. I'll just get you into this mess like last time and you know how I hate being a damsel in distress.”

That last time was what led to Tiao killing Garrett Avci. She was the one who first called for help and Tiao was the one who arrived and had to take on Avci on his own while the two fought to be reunited. Dagny struggled to have Tiao release his grip on her wrist. It was hard to say if she thought that Tiao still cared for her or assumed that he only wanted her to keep her trap shut to save his hide.

godlike

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 2, 2009 21:40:23 GMT -6 »

A murder plots. And they suspected a student were behind this vile plots. And after these students all turn on one another, to cause mad drama, we see a close up of the presumed dead headmaster's fingers twitching. What a cliffhanger. What a dramatic scene. What an epic cliffhanger. But the smiles and laughters soon faded from his mix of facial expressions. These people. Creativity. They lacked it. And his dreams of an epic cliffhanger. A dramatic scene. Those dreams faded. But in the midst of his depression a lone girl created a scene. No the scene and drama he felt was missing. And she confessed to the murder. A ploy by the faculty? Or, just another looney toon craving for attention? And voila! As an immediate response, a young boy comes to her side.

An accomplice? Or a lover? If indeed it was a lover, this story had potential to get very good. Very fast. But their voices couldn't be heard. Godlike moved closer. But on his way there, he passed something he recognized. It felt like a lifetime ago, but it was one of the few events he remembered from Chula Vista before going away. What was the greeting he had used back then? And would she even have a clue who he was? All the more fun.

"Hey there cutie." He said with a kind voice. He said while his full attention was on the gray lump of fur on her lap. "I see you've kept your owner safe while I was out of town." He said with a small smile, while attempting to scratch it under the chin. Should the owner try and stop him, he would withdraw his hand peacefully. Either way, the attention was shifted to the owner.

"So, what's your alibi?"

Caleb had forgotten all about the drama occurring in the crowd, it just didn't have his attention anymore. Like this girl probably lost his attention if she didn't keep him challenged or amused. But recalling from past experience, the only challenge would be making her respond.

[ooc. your first post had the word godlike in it, naturally, I had to rp with ya miss Rouleau. Hope you don't mind. it]

sable

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 3, 2009 0:35:57 GMT -6 »

[/i]

There seemed to be so much commotion over it all and clearly the somewhat up roar was understandable. But it seemed as though someone decided that they wanted to 'confess' to the murder. A woman. Truthfully Sable didn't believe her words just for the reason of out right confessing like that now. A true killer wouldn't out themselves when faced with the pressure of possibly getting caught. They tend to relish in the little chase. The cat and mouse game. Knowing they got away with it was half the fun. But Tiao seemed to know said female and quickly grabbed her off to the side. Sable remained very stoic in expression as she watched with her eyes alone until she received an urgent call from her younger brother Sarris whom hadn't come to school that day; opting to stay home. She was unable to hear him very clearly within the noise of the crowd, only able to barely make out that he said something about her mother being in the hospital. Her expression changed into a slight state of shock as the call was lost. Quickly she rose to her feet, at first she considered just running out but she heard of the guards, so she quickly stepped towards Fightmasters direction moving anyone in her way to stand before him.

"Listen I can not remain here right now.. My mother is in the hospital I have to go to her now...Whether you ask them to clear a path or not I will find a way to leave...Send an escort with me if you do not believe me I do not care.. My mother needs me."

Her voice held a sternness to it, yet it showed a rare emotion. It showed that she meant what she said. Sable was a girl of her word by all means. In truth she would easily return on her own within at least a day, but if he didn't trust her she suggested and escort to make sure of that factor. Why ask for an escort if she was lying? Either way she really wouldn't wait for Fightmaster's response to her, as she would run swiftly through past everyone; nothing more than a blonde blur. She would know the answer once she got to the gates. As for Tiao whenever he would notice her disappearance would know how to contact her. He did have her cell number if anything.[/ul][/font]

Andy Daws
    Mentor
    Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Nov 3, 2009 14:28:27 GMT -6 »

"FUCK!"

Roth's words echoed loud throughout the assembly. It took a few minutes to sink in before the Bostonian reacted. Sure there were screams and roars throughout the crowd, but if you were in the front where he was there was NO escaping the bellowing sound of enraged dragon.

Roth was pissed beyond extent. Within only minutes everything he grew to know was a lie. First off, he was a suspect. A basic search of Roth's room and locker would lead to the finding of a stolen police grade pistol, barbed wire, armor, and other various weapons. He never had to use these things before, but he kept them around just in case he needed to stop another man like Ryu Hayabusa.

Second his friends were suspects. He knew that his friends were innocent just by knowing them. Everyone he saw go up he knew and watched as a little more was unveiled. Aleece was up followed by a man that seemed close to her. Then a few other including Dagny whom he had met a few times turn into a completely different person. One who associated with a Triad who Roth had resentment for, Then there was JT. Their fight was only a while back, but he still felt the throbbing pains and scars that may last the rest of his life.

With nothing but anger and frustration he began to march up to the stage. He no longer cared who he saw, or what they did. Roth's old anger coursed through his blood. Then he saw a girl sitting in a chair in front of Fightmaster. He knew and recognized the girl, but paid no attention to the knowledge, shoving her body out of the chair, and then batted the chair away.

(ooc: For later purposes do not mention the girl. You may however respond to the chair.)

It took a moment, but he calmed down. The rage and pain began to stop as he looked the cold emotionless man in the face. For once Roth saw something in relation to modern music. Roth couldn't read Fightmaster's poker face.

"Alright...I see where you and the drones are coming from. I can understand lock down and murder, this ain't my first time in that bullshit. But theres only one thing I wanna know. How do I get my name cleared and out of this fucking place?"

Thats all Roth wanted. Get the fuck out. Anything to not have to deal with friends questioning everything, people accusing the kid in the trench coat, and of course the god damn cops. The Boston wrestler would wait for his response, or for somebody to take out his focus. For now he wanted to get away from all the lies to clear his head before he started to see things again.

connor

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 3, 2009 15:44:29 GMT -6 »

Connor didn't get to respond to the question his new friend had asked him. The fight master spoke, and Connor sat frozen for a few moments. So, someone in connection to this school, either student or staff, was possibly responsible for the murder of the headmaster. Due to that, the school was now under lock an d key, and no one was able to leave.

Connor didn't loose his temper like some, though he did detect the feelings of the one beside him. Maria was now definitely feeling more worried about all this. Or, at least, unnerved. Connor would re-assure her. "I wish I could say this was all some big misunderstanding, but instead, this appears to be a great deal of paranoia."

Connor shook his head. "I wish I could say that no student would be capable of this, but that would be a lie. I've met other people our age that are capable of murder and far worse." Connor remembered his crucifixion, and the phantom pain came back to his hands.

He shook it off. "You asked why I wear the shades? Well, hopefully the reason would prove I am innocent. It would be impossible for a blind person to shoot anything, wouldn't you agree?" He indicated his eyes, and gave a small smile.

"I am sure if you are innocent, then your name will be cleared. This matter can't last forever." Her put a hand on her shoulder. "Trust me, this will have an end, and things will return to normal. Well, whatever normal is, anyway." He hoped his words calmed her down.

"I wish we met under better circumstances, but at least we met, right?" He heard Roth moving, and Connor knew he had to stop his friend. "Parhaps we could get together another time. I have to stop someone from getting hurt now. Pardon me." He flashed another of his charming smiles, and headed in Roth's direction.

He reached him right at the end of his speech, and put his hand on his shoulder. "Now is neither the time nor the place for all that. Calm yourself, before you get into trouble." He pulled at Roth, hoping to get his attention-loving friend away from the stage.

Someone is responsible for all of this. I will find out who. This is gooing to take help, and I need all the help I can get right now.

melysa

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 3, 2009 16:08:03 GMT -6 »

Furry.... Soft........ Cuddly................
    Funny; Melysa's hand stroke something so pure, so cute, so kind, while her other senses were being torn apart with the stress and rage that rose around her.

People were getting pissed...... Angry........ Ugly.

Violence didn't bother her, yet it didn't amuse her either. As always, she just didn't care about what people were doing around her. As long as her furr ball was close by, Melysa stayed calm.

During the speech, her blue orbs had fixed the cat the entire time, although she did absorb the information that had been announced.
    People were creating a fuss over nothing......
    First off, people die and get killed everyday.
    Second, so what if they were stuck here for a couple of days, weeks, or even months? Life wasn't all that interesting... Make your fun when fun doesn't get to you.

Melysa had her stuff brought this morning: Piano, Painting tools, Sketch books, and of course, the jungle-gym for her cat.

After the speech, a boy went up to the Sergeant and completely flipped out. Melysa caught the conversation.

Weed?

She was streetdumb.
    Meysa was a loner who had kept herself locked in her room at all times, got out only when the cat demanded it.
    Though she was now outside, exploring, more then she had done in her entire life

As Melysa began gathering her things, a familiar sentence was directed towards her.
    Her brow met and a frown crossed her face.

Quickly enough though, she recognized the voice and looked up. It was a guy who had walked up to her during her first visit day.
    Once again, that sentence was directed towards her pet. And as his hand stretched out towards her cat, Melysa tugged the fur-ball backwards, just like a child would do with its favorite toy. The cat somewhat jumped for it lay sleeping upon her lap.

Last time someone had touched Chouchoune.....It resulted into a bloody ending.
    Not only that, but this cat was like her child, no one would ever approach her... Not without Melysa's consent.
    And even there...

After his comment about the cat keeping Melysa safe, her blue irises looked back down at her fur ball. It had stopped purring for the sudden shift had shocked it.
    Loosening her grip, the cat hoped off her lap and began eating the grass.
    Melysa only shrugged, she knew the cat would puke it all later....

Alibi?

Her eyes rose back up towards him.
    Even though the Fightmaster had clearly stated that they were all suspects, Melysa didn't' click that it included her, for she had just got here....

And surprisingly enough...
    She didn't care.

Keeping her captivating eyes locked with his, Melysa began questioning herself....
    Why did he even bother coming up and talking to her? Didn't he get the message the first time?
    After staying still for a moment, and hopefully making this situation awkward, Melysa unlocked her gaze and looked at her cat. Getting up slowly, making sure to grab the at on her way up, Melysa stood right before Godlike, few inches away. She stared at his face for a moment, then looked him up and down.
    Nothing exceptional about him... Just another pretty face among the boys.

After taking a step back, Melysa bent down, grabbed her things, and turned around and began making her way out of the crowd.
    Sure, it was rude, not even giving him a response, even less a 'hi' or a simple nod, but that's how she was... She didn't like conversations, even less the people....
    Her mind was fucked up, even she didn't understand it....

Seek help?
    Wasn't in her plans.... It only involved more confrontation and conversation...
    Why bother?

« Last Edit: Nov 3, 2009 16:11:52 GMT -6 by hart » Back to Top  
    keith

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 6, 2009 8:11:20 GMT -6 »

Ari raised his brow slightly as he saw the sudden change on Aleece out of his peripheral vision, as he had been staring at the Fightmaster, and for the life of him he didn't know how she went from tense to terrified in the span of a few seconds.

He stared at Fightmaster and then to the only other person who had recently approached, and a sort of awareness slid into place. There was only one person he could think of Aleece having any reason to be terrified of, and she had just made a point to move away from him at such a pace that she practically ran into him.

Before she could dash off he put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her past him and turned at the same time, holding her tightly to his side. "I know, stay calm, keep pace with me." His voice was strong and commanding, the voice of a man who knew what he was doing.

The one thing you never want to do is run in fear from a predator, and if there was a human predator in this vicinity it was most certainly a rapist. And so he displayed a show of confidence by being calm, and moved the frightened girl calmly out of the assembly.

Tiao Lei Shen
    Mentor
    The Tiger of Hircine

Tiao Lei Shen Avatar

Shut up

[send pm]

« Nov 6, 2009 16:09:41 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, is that so? Then why are you blatantly pushing yourself into that position?"

As Dagny would pull out of Tiao's grip, the ex-pillar would half throw it out of his grasp. Instincts told him to hold on, but knowing Dagny's former life gave him intimate knowledge on the girl, and how touching her against her will would be unnacceptable, even now.

"No one's interested in a sacrficial lamb besides the guy who did it. I don't know why you were here to begin with, but now you're stuck here just like the rest of us, so you might as well make something of it. Instead of tossing yourself to the wolves, why not use that big brain of yours to actually discover who did it?"

Tiao Lei Shen paused, taking a moment to exhale. He was angry at so much this day that he almost couldn't process it all. Taking a deep breath he attempted to center himself to better approach Dagny.

"That's what the Valencia I knew would have done. She wouldn't have made herself a spectacle to take the fall for something she didn't do, not when her biggest gain is a lousy "peace of mind." The Valencia Donahue I knew would have worked behind the scenes and figured it out. But that was Valencia. What's Dagny Uy Phong's plan?"

darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 8, 2009 10:24:25 GMT -6 »

Damian was walking around throug the crowd wondering what the hell was going on, 'What happened?' Damian began scanning the crowd trying to see any kind of familiar faces, 'No, no, no, fought that guy, spied on that guy, saw that guy stalk that girl, had luch with her...wait what?' Damian looked at the girl, 'Maria?'

Damian moved over slowly through the crowd to get to the girl. Once he reached her he put his hand on her shoulder, "Hey." He said to her 'What's the matter with you?' Damian's alter ego SIN spoke, 'We should be focusing on what's going on here not some girl!'

swolf

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 9, 2009 13:43:31 GMT -6 »

---Ten Minutes Ago---

"Mandatory? Fuck that."

Singing Wolf laid back down on the picnic table in the courtyard. After he took another drag from his cigarrette he closed his eyes. He stayed that way for about a minute, loosely hanging his hand with the cancer stick off the edge. Sighing, he sat up. Singing Wolf looked around the courtyard, seeing no one and nothing but a few pieces of paper and trash strewn about. He stayed this way another minute before the boredom got to him. Tossing his cigarrette off to the side, Singing Wolf pushed himself to his feet.

"Fuck this."

---Now---

"Fuck that!"

Singing Wolf jumped to his feet, his eyes and face blaring with intensity. Not allowed to leave campus because some asshole died? That was complete and utter bullshit. He was almost out of cigarretes, and there sure as hell was nowhere to buy them on campus. And beer. WHAT ABOUT BEER!?

With no one in the back joining in his protests, Singing Wolf turned around and kicked his chair, knocking it over as he continued in his rage. He looked around for Will, certain that he would carry just as much resentment as he did. Though he couldn't find him, Singing Wolf caught glimpse of Seth Calloway just a few rows up and on the other side, and so began his march. Shoving anyone and everyone out of the way, Singing Wolf would stand just off kilter to wear Seth sat.

"Seth...what the hell! We're not going to do this, are we!?"

๖ۣValencia Tiao
    Hero
    Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Nov 10, 2009 3:37:02 GMT -6 »

As soon as Tiao gave his response, Dagny snapped back, practically loud enough for anyone nearby to hear since she was just that upset.

“It's not like I asked you to 'save' me!”

And Tiao let go of her with contempt while making the suggestion that she figure out who actually committed the murder. Dagny went back to her low, hissing tone.

“You make it sound as if I actually know what's going on. I don't know anyone on this campus, the 'history' of this campus, or even the lay of the land. Ask around, you may suggest, but nosing about leaves tracks, especially in this situation. I'm better off getting information from the tight-lipped folks in charge by getting the 'information' pounded out of me in the interrogation room.”

Then he brought up how Valencia would behave in this situation. Dagny's eyes welled up with tears behind her sunglasses. Before she knew it, she remembered a very distinct quote her mentor said as he saved her from the organ traffickers and spared her from his wrath.
    ๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar
    [NOVA]: “You ought to thank me for how nice I am. Have you ever wanted to be someone else and not feel 'Oh, that is so not me and people will make fun of me'? I'm giving you everything you need to start over. Live your new life... Make the most of it.”

Who exactly was Valencia? It really hurts to have your real name attached to a fake life and a fake identity attached to how you think you really are—Who are you, Dagny/Valencia? For as long as she lived, she lived according to how “things should be” more than how she wanted to live her own life. She was bullied and picked on and aside from incidences where she fought back, she had utmost faith in the System where her bullies would get their just desserts. The more the System began to crack, the more she had to put up with people treating her with intolerance and she had to make all kinds of decisions as to how she had to behave to get the reactions and responses she wanted. Every once in a while her “real self” would slip through the cracks, from Valencia cuddling against Vince in a closet to cooing at penguins with Odin to breaking a cup when Tiao asked if she enjoyed the rape attempt... But everyone simply assumed that those moments were glitches to her personality. Not “the real her”. She wanted to ask how much Tiao actually knew or cared about her, but doing so would be “out of character”, right?
    ๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar
    [NOVA]: “Now to wipe Valencia off the face of the planet and to put... Eh... Dagny in her place... Heh... Oh, making people disappear is my specialty...”

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar
    “Valencia had to disappear. For all we know... She's dead, but not at the hands of those who threaten her the most. At least we hope so.”

I'm so confused...

There were only two things she knew for sure as of that moment: She's always wanted peace of mind, evident by almost all of her decisions being fueled by the promise of a better life, and she's upset with Tiao. At this point she was crying, but she held it in the best she could and casually wiped away any stray tears that leaked from her eyes as if they were nothing but dust or some other irritant. She was looking away from Tiao the whole time, but didn't want him to see notice that she had things on her mind, so she searched for an excuse to make him leave. She looked around for the girl who kissed Tiao earlier and saw her approaching Fightmaster. She spat in Sable's general direction.

“Anyways, why don't you go save what's-her-face over there? She looks rather distressed, if you ask me, and I think her concerns may be much more pressing compared to my 'frivolous' existential issues.”

Now you're just speaking your mind without making any sense.

“I'll get back to playing killdeer with a broken-wing for 'information', if it'll make you feel better.”

She then blew her nose into the mask that was in her hand. She stole a glimpse at all the snot that accumulated and was very embarrassed at the blob of slime that was previously up her nose. She was still hurt, if not more after this encounter with Tiao. She had a lot to think about and she had not other way of clearing her mind other than some physical self-destructive act to get at the intangible problems she couldn't solve (like stunts and dumb Network jobs back in San Francisco). She went back to the location where she started hollering with the hopes of being taken away.

Y'know, if they don't haul me in, that'd be very, very anti-climactic. And lame.

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2009 3:38:10 GMT -6 by ๖ۣValencia Tiao » Back to Top  

Andy Daws
    Mentor
    Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Nov 12, 2009 15:11:30 GMT -6 »

Everything slowly became hazy and dizzy. Roth was lost within his mind as every muscle in his body tensed as starred at the emotionless Staff Sergeant. Slowly he felt a transition in his mind. The girl in the chair was gone. His eyes widened and slowly he turned his head to see the same girl on the side of him pulling on his coat. Then he suddenly realized who it was. The girl beside him was none other than his dead sister, Rita O'Roak.

Every tense muscle began to vibrate. Roth felt his brain fry in the thought of what he was seeing. This girl was dead, At least thats what he had thought. The letter, the poem, the story, he had even seen the obituary of the online Boston Globe. Nothing made sense too him. Then he felt the cool grasp of a hand on his shoulder.

Roth broke the hell out after the touch. His instinctual fighting and life style took over as he spun around at the touch and whipped out a hard handed right hook for whatever was behind him. He had no idea if he hit or missed but as soon as he saw the fiery red hair he knew he had just thrown a swing at his best friend, Conner.

"sh..sh,,shit...fuck...god FUCKING damnit!"

Roth tried to mumble to himself, with the f-words hissed loudly through his teeth. All he could see was the world around him fall apart. Time stopped for a moment as he looked around. People he had met in the audience. A struck and/or bewildered Conner. His friends and enemies turning into something he hadn't seen, JT back in the off set of the stage, and then Aleece walking away with an unfamiliar man. But the last thing he saw was the image or even reality of his sister, now across from him at the end of the stage and beginning to fall.

At that moment of realization Roth rushed past everything and everyone in his way. His black trench coat flowing behind him as he reached and then dove off the end of the stage. Given it was only a few feet off the ground Roth landed hard on the pavement surrounding the area. Roth felt the hard burn of the pavement on his back and as he came to a stop he looked all around. His presumably dead sister was gone again. Out of all sight as the non-existent being lay there in his insanity.

"wha- what the hell..is going o..on."

Thats where reality came crashing back to him. He knew that he had just assaulted his friend and made what could have been called a suicide rush off the stage. Anyone who would take notice of him would see a crazy deranged mother fucker unfit for civilization. There it was again. The thought of his life. His unintended birth, his burden to everyone around him. Roth was back to square one from Mugen Hall. The Non-Existent Being.

Slowly he got up from the cold hard ground. He felt the sting of scraped skin but just shrugged it off. This is where he would walk away, They all had the rest of the day off to settle their nerves, and thats exactly what he would do. Roth would walk back to his dorm room as the unknown reality or perhaps ghost of his sister appeared at his side as he walk starring down at the ground astonished, scared, angry, confused, and insane.

snowbunny1999

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 13, 2009 16:02:20 GMT -6 »

Maria watched as her friend left her, alone. A panicked voice in her head shouted as he left. She was alone, again. Tears threatened her as she felt her eyes burn with anger. Of course, the grandparents who oh so loved her would just love to keep her locked here and miserable. She was alone. Again. The words kept playing over and over in her mind. This wasn't the way it was supposed to be!

Then, a shadow fell over her. "Hey, what's the matter with you?"

That voice. It was him. Damian. She looked up as the coldness swept over her. "It wasn't supposed to be like this," she whispered,"Never. I was supposed to be the good girl who didn't care, who had nothing and everything to hide. I was supposed to be strong," Her eyes felt empty to her as she looked up at him in numbness. "What do I do now Damian? I broke the rules. Everything is breaking apart." She felt herself growing angry, and surprisingly, she didn't care anymore. She didn't make an effort to stop it.

She stood and feeling sick, ran from the area to a small corner out on the grounds, covering her mouth with her sleeve. She ruined everything, her life was ultimately destroyed. She let herself get comfortable, all her plans were laid to waste.

Why did I have to have emotions?

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2009 10:55:22 GMT -6 by hart » Back to Top  
    darknight13

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 13, 2009 19:35:41 GMT -6 »

Damian was confused as to what Maria was talking about, and even more so when she ran off. 'I know you can't ignore that.' Damian said as if actually speaking to his alter ego.

He ran after Maria and saw her in the corner covering her mouth. "Hey," He said reaching his hand out to touch her shoulder. "What's the matter, did something happen?" He asked as he watched her with genuine worry while in the back of his head SIN was trying to figure everything else out.