Author Topic: The DOJO (Pain Killer) (Read 419 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Nov 6, 2009 17:00:29 GMT -6 »

Seargent Scott, known by friends as Tyler. Before that, however, he had been known as one of the most successful highschool fighters to come from the Corporal Punishment System. Then, he was called Kyukaku.

Now, well, pick a name out of the hat. Tyler was more or less out of the loop of friends and family, instead burying himself in the job the same way he remembers his father having done. In his off time Tyler typically slept, ate, or trained. Having done the other two already today, Tyler was currently doing the latter.

It was a simple piece of corner property downtown Chula Vista. Tyler had rented it out in the last month, able to put money into a training space due to his current lack of material possessions back at his apartment. He'd put in bamboo matted floors and a couple mirrors on the wall. Other than that, there were just a few weights spalyed in the corner and a heavy bag hanging from a chain in the ceiling. It was simple, but it didn't need much right now.

Though he got a good workout doing Kata and bag work, it still wasn't a full training session on his own. He'd jumped from dojo to dojo, throwing in a few dojangs in there as well. Still, there hadn't been much for him to learn in the local schools, as well as a lack of competition. That's what brought him to make his phone call today, to the only man he had never decisively beaten in a fight. Today, he'd attempt to rectify that idea.

When Adam would finally show up, he'd see a warmed up Kyukaku in his old white gi pants and black karate belt, though the top would off and on the floor in the corner. The headband was also gone, (and buried along with lifetime friend Zerreth), but the red karate gloves were on. Glistening with a fresh coat of sweat, Tyler would turn around when he heard the door open.

"I was beginning to wonder if you were getting cold feet for putting that record of yours on the line again."

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Nov 6, 2009 19:51:14 GMT -6 »

People still go to places like this?

Stepping out of his car, the self-proclaimed Pain Killer would look towards the dojo he'd been given directions to, his face holding the typical frown that had become his normal expression. He'd never understood the idea of dojos, having never been interested in martial arts himself, and found the way they looked to be strange, at best. Still, he knew full well that the techniques taught within weren't a joke, as he'd been on the receiving end of many of them before, and as such, his opinion of such places managed to stay carefully neutral. With a quick turn of his key, the car was locked, and the youngest surviving Rydell headed inside.

While Kyukaku's back was turned, Adam would roll his eyes at the state the kid was in, mostly in terms of his lack of a shirt. For someone as focused on grappling as he was, it always made Pain Killer uncomfortable to fight people without a shirt, and as such, he'd grown to usually dislike those who trained without one. Still, several of those he'd come to respect had such tendancies, including both Kazuki and Kyu, and as such, Adam tended not to mention his annoyance. Still, it wasn't as if he dressed in much more, as jeans and a muscle shirt didn't add up to much more than Tyler was wearing. His trenchcoat was slung over his right shoulder, supported by his right hand which, like the left, was covered by the ever-present black fingerless gloves that had become so important since Varron. Kyukaku's comment would be met with a smirk, the larger male tilting his head slightly to the left in amusement.

"You think I'd actually back out of a fight? Especially against someone I've already beaten? If I've beaten someone at least once, I know I can beat 'em again. I'd say I'm sure you understand, but.... I guess you can't speak from experience, huh?"

Chuckling to himself, Adam would walk further into the dojo, throwing his coat off to the side so that it would land against the wall, far out of the way. Truth be told, he always figured the kid would manage to beat him one day, and had as much as admitted it at some point in the past. With the years between now and their last fight, Pain Killer had no idea how good Kyu had gotten, or whether he'd gotten soft with his new job. Either way, today would be perfect for finding out. Eyes roaming downwards, Adam would notice the floor's unique material, one eye twitching slightly in annoyance as he assumed he wasn't meant to wear shoes inside. With a frown, Adam would start pulling off his shoes and socks, throwing them towards his coat once finished before walking closer to Kyu, stopping a good six feet away to give plenty of room between the two.

"I hope you've improved, kid. If you're the same as before, I might as well just go home now. Did you take my advice?"

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Nov 7, 2009 3:22:35 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Sorry this is later than I said it would be. I've had trouble staying connected long enough to get this post up.)

Tyler would offer a brief smirk in reply to Adam's comment. He was more than used to that attitude of the self-proclaimed Pain Killer and he didn't let it bother him. In fact, after all this time if it had changed he'd almost be dissapointed. Despite the fact that Adam still seemed to be provoking him, Tyler's smirk would fade, growing more serious as he spoke.

"As a matter of fact, I have, and you were right. I've never been the type to be the best, as protecting others was always my goal. I... haven't found that person. Not yet anyways. However, to me, each and every person I see deserves the same determination from me. That's when I decided. I am going to be the best, because I can't afford to offer the world anything less. What's that I remember you saying back when we were kids...? 'To be the best, you gotta beat the best...'"

Shifting into his loose karate stance, Tyler would lead with his left, bringing his right hand underneath his chin as his left hovered in front of his midsection.

"As far as I'm concerned, that's you. This is what its finally come down to. No more holding back."

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Nov 7, 2009 23:51:12 GMT -6 »

OOC: I'll never forgive you. Ever.

IC:

Initially, Adam would say nothing, mildly surprised at Tyler's last comment. He was so used to having his ego met with dismissal or mere tolerance, he hadn't expected anyone to ever agree with his claims of greatness. His eyes would slowly close, the smile on his face growing ever so slightly, though his eyes would open once more as he spoke again.

"...I see. I might make a decent fighter out of you yet, then."

Sliding his left foot forward, Pain Killer would lead with his left side in much the same manner as Kyukaku, even going so far as to bring his right fist close to the right side of his jaw. However, that would be where the similarities ended, as the youngest surviving Rydell's left hand would lift up to head-height as well, though a good six inches away from his face.

"Well, I guess I'll get this party started."

With the words still hanging in the air, Pain Killer would start slowly walking forward, clearly taking his time in actually going on the offensive.The moment he was within striking distance of his arms, however, Adam would suddenly jab his left hand out in a palm strike, aiming to hit Tyler fully in the chin. In the same motion, Adam would lean into the blow slightly, his trailing right foot would lift off the ground slightly, just enough so that the heel was no longer touching the ground, though the ball of the foot would remain where it was.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Nov 8, 2009 16:38:50 GMT -6 »

As Adam would finish speaking, Tyler would give a final nod in aknowledgement. From there his eyes would narrow in an intensity unseen in years. It wasn't a spar between Adam and Tyler, but a battle between Kyukaku and Pain Killer. It was finally time to see if anything had changed at all since high school.

As Pain Killer came in, Tyler would subtly begin pivoting on the balls of his feet. Swinging his left arm outwards in a tight semi-circle, Tyler would parry Adam's forearm to the inside with a closed fisted outside block, simultaneously pivoting counter clockwise on his left foot. At the same time as the block would connect, Tyler's right foot would land in a shoulder-width, heel to toe stance facing Adam at a 45 degree angle to the larger man's left.

Balanced 50/50 equally on each leg, Tyler's right fist would immediately shoot out as his left would return to guard. While not particularly a power shot, it was an extremely crisp straight punch that would strike the exposed left set of Adam's ribs, possibly knocking him off balance if catching him at the right time as Adam lifted his heel. Regardless, Tyler's right fist would snap right back in suite to his left, any follow up depending on how Adam would react.

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Jun 19, 2010 13:54:49 GMT -6 »

OOC: And after all this time, all your demands, here’s the post you’ve been waiting for. Also, blah blah blah, you know where to find me if you don't understand something, etc.

IC:

The two men in the dojo knew each other extremely well, or at least, had known each other in the years past. If it weren’t for Pain Killer’s obsession with defeating Kazuki and the resulting multitudes of battles with the Asian, Kyukaku would have been the fighter he knew best from experience. Of course, this experience worked both ways, and from the manner the younger male had begun deflecting his attack, Pain Killer could tell Tyler knew what he had been up to.

Rule #1: If I grab you, someone’s gettin’ hurt.

The barest of smiles briefly touched Adam’s lips, pleased as he was that the kid had learned his palm strike pattern. By deflecting his hand away instead of taking the blow or blocking it, Kyu would be minimizing the chance of getting grabbed, while at the same time potentially opening up the larger male for an attack. It was a good plan, Adam would admit, if he had been following his normal manner of assault. For once, however, he had actually planned ahead of time for his opponent’s reaction, something nearly unheard of from the self-proclaimed Pain Killer, and as such, would take Kyukaku off guard if he ever found out about it.

Not that Adam would ever tell him such a thing.

As Tyler’s left arm began to parry Adam’s forearm, he would find much less resistance than he may have expected from the larger male. Pain Killer’s left arm would bend at the elbow almost immediately, as if it had been waiting for such an action, and at the same time, the youngest surviving Rydell would drive off his right foot that had already been prepared in order to thrust himself at Kyukaku, his left elbow poised to drive into Kyukaku’s face. Because of this thrust, Adam would be much closer than Kyukaku had anticipated, moving him both out of the way of Kyu’s snapping right fist.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Jun 19, 2010 22:07:17 GMT -6 »

(OOC: Ohhhkay. Lets see how rusty this is.)

There was a reason Tyler always kept a mid-level stance with his feet shoulder width apart and heel to toe. It was the most balanced and natural position a fighter could take. To him, balance was the most important thing to a fighter. If he could always retain balance through proper mechanics and footwork, he would always be in control of himself. This was a philosophy many "street fighters" didn't usually follow, as they tended to put a good deal of weight behind their blows to the point where their momentum controls them rather than the vice versa.

As Tyler parried the blow to the inside of Adam's body the arm gave much too easily. Thankfully, Tyler hadn't just parried, but planned to move to Adam's outside as well, moving away from any immediate follow up from Adam's right side. Despite that, the threat from Adam's left side hadn't fully been negated yet.

During Kyu's pivot and step, he had begun the motions to throw a straight right hand. However, with Adam' beginning to crowd his space his motions would change as well. Instead of shooting straight out, Tyler's fist would suddenly trail down and to the inside, collapsing at the elbow in a very similiar fashion as the larger fighter's had. The result would be Tyler's elbow arcing in a downwards elbow strike. As Adam moved forward and Tyler circled around him, the point of his elbow would drive into the tricep of the larger man's arms, striking as well as deflecting the blow away.

At the same time as his elbow would land, he would push off of his newly planted right foot, sending himself straight back out of immediate range while maintaining his balance. The elbow, if landed in the right spot, would likely cause some cramping in the arm of Pain Killer, but as the name suggested Tyler sincerely doubted it would have any effect at slowing him down. Therefore following the short retreat Kyukaku's arms would both once again be found in the same stance as they were at the beginning of the fight.

painkiller

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Jun 19, 2010 22:46:16 GMT -6 »

Kyukaku’s elbow would smack against the meaty flesh of Adam Rydell’s left arm, the older male frowning slightly at the impact, not so much out of pain but rather annoyance at the continued deflections his opponent insisted on performing. While fighting itself was fun, not being able to hit your opponent was frustrating, and it was the main reason Pain Killer hated fighting those smaller than him. Few wanted to ever go toe-to-toe with him, which was the best way to fight in his mind.

Regardless, Adam would bring his right foot forward towards where Kyukaku had been standing when the fight had began, keeping his balance as he turned to face where Tyler had moved to. Scowling somewhat, Pain Killer would stare at Kyukaku as he stretched his left arm across his chest, massaging his triceps with his right hand for a brief moment.

“Hn. Punk.”

The words came out almost half-heartedly, sounding mostly like an observation rather than an actual insult. After speaking, Pain Killer would shift himself back into the same stance he’d used before, bringing the two into almost exactly the same positioning they had been when the fight had begun moments before. Once again, however, Pain Killer would be the aggressor, shuffling forwards until he was within range of his arms, then pausing, opting to not attack immediately in order to keep Kyukaku from reading his timing correctly. After a half second of hesitation, Adam’s right hand would dip lower from his face to near his stomach, before thrusting forwards in an uppercut towards Tyler’s left side, aiming just above the younger man’s hip to strike the soft flesh that protected his kidneys.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

The DOJO (Pain Killer)
« Jun 19, 2010 23:10:26 GMT -6 »

Tyler wasn't new to the notion of taking a hit, but a blow for blow fight with a man nick-named Pain Killer didn't seem like it would be in anyone's best interest. As such, when Adam came in once more, Tyler instinctively slid his left foot back, keeping his guard tight as he placed himself in the same stance only with a right-side lead. Adam's plan to keep Tyler from reading his movements worked well, yet rather than focus on specific attacks, Tyler was more concerned with distance. Hence, he opted with the single step back to prevent the wrestling match he assumed Adam would eventually intend.

Keepin the medium-range, Tyler would turn his hips to the left as Adam would throw his uppercut. Sliding his elbow just a few inches down, his arm would remain in a tight guard, elbow pressed against his ribs as Adam's fist would collide with the hard flat of his elbow. The blow would land with a thud, but whatever Tyler would feel on his arm would likely be two-fold for the fist of Adam Rydell.

At the same time as Adam's fist would land, Tyler's right fist would be snapping out in a quick jab to the tip of Adam's chin, not a particularly powerful blow but an accurate one with the intentions of interrupting any possible combination from Pain Killer. As his fist would begin pulling back to guard, Tyler's hips would shift back to the right, his left hand shooting out in a crisp left straight to the solar plexus of Adam's, intent on snapping back into guard whether it impacted or not.