Author Topic: Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece) (Read 262 times)
Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Nov 12, 2009 15:34:46 GMT -6 »

(ooc: One day after Collapse)

One dark room housed two fictional people. A trench coated broken, bruised and bloodied man sat on his bed starring at the door across from him. Roth O'Roak, broken down can only be seen as three metaphysical components. First off a caring person. Roth lived for the enjoyment and use for other people. Second a shield. Roth's extremely high pain tolerance has made him into a shield for those around him and a person who is know seemingly addicted to pain. These two traits added up to what Roth was at his core. A Non-Existent being. A manifestation of mistakes and fuck ups whose only fathomable purpose in life is to pay for his unintended life to be a pawn for others.

That leads to the second fictional entity in the room. Roth's supposedly late sister, Rita O'Roak. She sat next to him silently wagging her small feet back and forth. Roth couldn't tell the difference between reality and fiction anymore. Was this murdered girl a reality, or was mind mind really that fucked up? He didn;t have any of the answers. Even after staying in that room since the assembly, thinking about it for the past night with no sleep he thought of only person who could maybe understand and help him. Aleece.

Thats when Roth made his first movement in hours. He slowly took out his phone given to him by the man who had demolished his boat, Tiao Lei Shen. He went through the contacts going over all the unrecognizable characters and over the number for Aleece. Then to message, then to text.

"Aleece, meet me outside Fremont in front of the bronze statue in 10 minutes. Extremely important."

Send.

Thats when he got up and slowly walked out of his room for the first time since the assembley. The halls were bright and empty but he got over it as he took the long stair case down to the bottom. It was a short walk from the dorm to the school. Although the sizable increase in military personnel was rather intimidating. What kept them from massacring every student here?

Roth kept his pace until he arrived at the front gate. Heighted security included a search of Roth, not surprising considering his history and look. It wasn't long until he stood just under the statue of the Westward expansion hero John C. Fremont. The surrounding area was packed with people but Roth would have only responded to Aleece and the undecided reality of his sister hanging onto his trench coat.

Roth would wait as long as it would take for Aleece to come out to him. He needed something to fall back on. Something before he snapped. To slightly calm himself Roth lit up a cigarette and puffed a long winded drag and looked at the 'entity' of his presumably late sister.

"You shouldn't smoke big bro. It's bad for you!"

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Nov 12, 2009 18:36:23 GMT -6 »

Aleece was doing what she had done for a couple hours now, laid in bed and had for hours now. On the other side of her dorm her room mate was diligently going about her homework while hers stayed right where it was in her bag - she had already shed the Fremont uniform for the day, not wanting to be in a skirt for longer then she had to be and lounged out lethargically in a comfortable pair of jeans and a gray three quarters length v-neck shirt.

She was on the verge of giving into a nap from nothing else to do (and the fact she was unwilling to leave her dorm) when her phone vibrated wildly from her back pocket. With a frown, a sigh and a grunt Aleece shifted enough to dig it out and flip it open, expecting to see a text from Ari...or at the very least Aroon, but no it was from Roth. Well, she certainly wasn't expecting to hear from him. Pushing herself to sit up she read through the message twice thinking about what the words were conveying - obviously it was important.

Glancing over to the window she saw plenty of day light still lighting outside so it shouldn't be much of a problem...she was sure well...partly anyways. Slipping her legs over the side she slipped her feet into the slip on flats waiting at the side of her bed and got up without saying anything to her roommate. Grabbing up her key and keeping her cell in her hand she made her way to the door, knowing she would have to leave now if she planned on meeting Roth where he had asked within ten minutes.

Aleece wondered what could be so important though, so slightly confused, but curious she didn't drag her feet to get there. The campus was over crowded now that no one was allowed to leave and she had to step out of the way of other people who weren't paying attention more then once. When she got close she almost instantly spotted Roth, it was hard to miss him - he was tall, wearing that trench coat and it looked like he had been through a meat grinder.

Her brow creased in concern, and she let out a small sigh, her feet faltering a little in their pace before she pressed on head...right up to him, slowing a little when she did step in front of him, pushing her hair behind her ear as she got a good look at him. She didn't even ask what had happened to him even though she really...honestly wanted to know. Aleece wasn't bothered by the smoke from the cigarette he was puffing away on and she couldn't put a finger on it but there was just something...off about Roth. It wasn't the fact he looked like he had gone a couple rounds with a bull and lost or that he was smoking or even that he had sent her a text - it was...well she didn't know.

"Jesus...Are you alright?" She asked lifting a hand like she was going to try and touch the side of his face but thought better of it and let her hand drop. "Lets...go find you a first aid kit or something."

She could hear him out while she patched him up, or maybe this was what he wanted when he got a hold of her but Aleece didn't think so...

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Nov 12, 2009 19:54:24 GMT -6 »

It wasn't long before the call was answered. Roth leaned against the statue covered in bruises and a few gashes. They were unnoticeable the day before because he had treated them, but now in this wave of an uncertain insanity he felt no need to care for his wounds and thus they reopened. Besides the outward appearance he was also void of sleep and stable thought. He wasn't sure exactly what was happening.

Roth hesitated a bit to Aleece's reaction both physically and verbally. He watched as her hand came up slowly to his face, but then backed away. In Roth's unraveling mind it was just more evidence that he was nothing other than a monster. In a slight disgust Roth threw his butt to the ground and then finally began to talk.

"A- Alright, let's take a walk to the nurse then."

Roth looked over to his vision, ghost, or reality of his late sister and motion with his head to follow. Roth would have a much different stride. Slow, sluggish movements now replaced his usual upbeat 'I'm the freaking Man' walking style. It would take a moment, but with a bit of force Roth would begin to speak again.

"So...I heard about what happened...with JT I mean."

Roth knew that his emotionless statement would hit Aleece close to home. He didn't want to call her out on her not telling him, but the fact that he had to find out by the man himself was emotionally painful to say the least. And that man..that psycho, rapist, maniac, JT he was the cause of Roth's current state.

"Why didn't you tell me. I would have gone after him sooner if I had known. Maybe I could have brought Richard too. I, I just..."

Roth slowly trailed off as something began to happen in his head. The vision of his late sister appeared again. She was running around the campus with a smile on her face. She had a bundle of flowers and eventually made her way back to Roth with his eyes following the little girl the entire time.

Thats when he acted on the visions for the first time. Roth bent over and accept the gift of flowers from his sister and preceded to place them in his pocket. Anyone else witnessing this would see only Roth acting strangely at thin air. Following the gift Roth stood back up and looked at Aleece, this time with a tiny fraction of a smile on his face.

"Wait...what was I saying again?"

Roth pushed back some of his long straight black hair and pressed his fingers against one of his gashes accidentally. Yet he showed no signs of pain, even when a few tiny shards of glass poured out from the wound.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Nov 12, 2009 21:40:44 GMT -6 »

Aleece's face twitched down in a deeper frown this time in confusion instead of concern when she heard him stutter, sort of stumble with his words. Now she definitely knew something was off...just what that was she wasn't sure of. Her eyes shot over following his gaze when she caught his small gesture, which could have been for her to follow...but if weren't for the simple and blatant fact he wasn't looking at her when he did it made her curious.

Sure there was also the fact it could have been for any of the other number of people walking by at the time or milling about in the same area...but it was obvious that wasn't the case. There was no one where he had looked but she didn't say anything and instead followed him, finding his rather sluggish, hesitant pace even more odd. Nothing about this encounter made a bit of sense to her at the moment.

When he did speak again, it caught Aleece completely off guard and she opened her mouth, her face betraying the shock she felt in that moment to know that he actually...knew. How had he found out? Ari had said no one else had known that....it had probably just been campus security and the police, of course the people at the hospital, but....

Her lips remained parted for a moment, unable to answer and before she could he was going on. Aleece wasn't sure what to say, she hadn't wanted anyone to find out and she had kept her end of it all hadn't breathed a word of it to anyone. She felt her heart beat pick up in mild anxiety over the fact, something she did well not to let show over the surprise. Unaware of any imbalance going on in Roth's head at the moment there was one thing on her own mind, "how did you find out?"

She practically breathed it out, her words a little quieter then she would have normally intended, her eyes shooting to the ground but going back to his bruises and cut face to find his attention was no longer on her. Her feet stopped moving entirely at what she saw...had he suddenly taken up miming?

There wasn't actually a good time to ask that question because Roth looked back at her a faint smile on his lips, but asking her his slightly confused question, the fact that he had reopened a cut on his forehead going unnoticed to anyone but her, apparently. "Never mind that," she said in answer (admittedly relieved she could switch the topic) and stepped up, and forgetting she didn't have anything to really staunch the bleeding other then maybe her sleeve, which she used incidentally. Pulling the fabric as far as it would go down her arm and holding the end of it between her fingers she pressed it against his head. Of course he was much more taller then her and she had to stand on her tip toes practically to even do it, but she did...as awkward as all of it was. "What happened to you, Roth?"

Andy Daws
Mentor
Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Dec 1, 2009 15:23:38 GMT -6 »

The little girl in his head ran off again. Playing with various objects and people through out the courtyard. Roth believed she was there in the flesh, but nothing she touched besides him responded to her. Another piece of evidence to conflict his warped confused mind.

"Well...I was in the courtyard one day and JT found me. We fought each other again and thats how I learned what he did...to you. After that fights he learned about Blackout. I saw you there, you did pretty good. But then me and JT fought again. Thats why I look how I do now. I took vengeance for you."

Roth stayed still allowing Aleece to rub down his wounds. It hurt pretty bad, but not as much as the whiskey shots to the face. Roth waited for her reaction though. He wondered how she would feel about it all. A man she vaguely knew fighting to a near death condition for her honor.

"Aleece, I need to tell you...I...I l-"

At that moment Roth felt something hard and fast crack against his skull. He immediately fell to the ground blacking out for a few seconds before slowly crawling back up. He looked around to see a gang of five people, on carrying a broken pool stick. Roth stood back up painfully and started looking for his sister. In his warped mind her saw her scarred and surrounded by the very real gang of angry students.

Roth turned to Aleece again, the memories flashing back and forth. He began to speak again not remembering exactly what happened.

"Aleece, I...i think I love you."

As soon as Roth finished his words he got another crack of the pool stick. Now he was out on the ground again, dazed beyond all comprehension. He had no idea what was happening or what to do from here. All he knew at this point was what he knew most of his life. Pain.

aleeca

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Breakdown pt 1 (Aleece)
« Dec 4, 2009 17:58:43 GMT -6 »

At his explanation of how he knew, Aleece couldn’t do anything but freeze, the tension running her raised arm, and causing her back to stiffen. With her hand still hovering at his face she slowly let pressure up as the concern melted away and was almost tempted to give into a very inexplicable bout of sudden anger. She didn’t need a savior or revenge, if she had she could have easily told him, Ari or even Aroon. The muscles in her jaw twitched as she ground her teeth her eyes wracking over his face quickly – he had gotten himself beat up on her behalf? Was he crazy? Or just have a death wish…

Her lips reluctantly moved like she wanted to start and form a word but she couldn’t exactly get herself to say something like ‘why would you do something so stupid’ but settled for a much nicer version after a moment, “why would you do that me for me? Hm? I certainly would never ask you to do that…especially with the obvious consequences.”

With a sigh out, a heavy sound, not resigned but very tired all of a sudden, Aleece looked to the side something catching her attention. She hadn’t seen hide or hair of JT, not even at the Blackout match, and aside from the one time at the assembly before this lockdown she had made herself scares enough not to run into him…or many people for that matter. She wanted to look at Roth, hear his reason and even as he started to talk, her attention was on what had suddenly been her focus, a group of people, angry looking and coming their way. “Um,” she tried to get out before one rushed up – the sickening crack that reached her ears made her winch harshly and she could only watch as he went down as a result.

Quickly though despite her want to high tail it Aleece stepped toward the wrestler quickly a little shocked at what had just happened and wondering why exactly. She tried to help him up, “what the hell?”

Her eyes darted to the group, caught between checking on Roth as he stood and keeping an eye on those guys with the pool sticks. The next thing out of his mouth though…she hadn’t seen it coming – kind of like that pool stick to the back of his head – a complete surprise. By then she wasn’t looking at anyone but him, her mouth slightly her eyes slightly widened in shock. Never mind she didn’t know how to respond to that, but was this really the time? Aleece never saw the second blow coming, so it made a small exclamation of surprise sound from her and she turned sharply to face the attackers.

Scrambling for the cell phone in her pocket she drew it out as she found herself on her knees in the grass next to him, flipping open the compact device. Aleece could see with a brief glance that he was dazed and out of it, so there wasn’t going to be any fighting her way out of this. Quickly her fingers pressed a few buttons scrolling down the list of preprogrammed numbers – something else that Ari had made sure she do in case he wasn’t around – she found the number for campus security.

Without thinking she practically put herself between Roth and the gang of kids that obviously had some sort of problem, not knowing what she could do about anything other then what she currently was. Finding the number she was looking for she pressed send and put it on speaker phone.

“Look here,” she said a little to shakily from the sudden burst of adrenaline at the unexpected turn in today’s events - holding the phone out for them to hear. “I’ve called campus security-” and as if on cue the operator on the other end introduced herself briskly then asking what the problem was and where. “If you don’t get out of here you are all about to have a much bigger problems then beating someone up.”

Aleece couldn't help but think that Roth had some really bad timing on this one...

((ooc - I left it entirely open for you to do what you wanted to, since I just wanted to post to this =3))

« Last Edit: Dec 4, 2009 17:59:51 GMT -6 by aleeca » Back to Top