Author Topic: Early Morning Wreck (open) (Mature) (Read 698 times)
santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

Early Morning Wreck (open) (Mature)
« Jul 24, 2009 4:30:45 GMT -6 »

*Alarm sounds*

(Why does school even exist, I hate having to get up at any time in the morning. What time is it right now?)

Looking over to his clock on his computer table he see the time in red digital numbers 5:45 AM, Huffing into his pillow he yawns and thinks (The Things I do for The Culture)

Santiago lethargically pushes himself off his mattress and stands up, grabbing his towel draped on his computer chair he walks over to the bathroom, discarding his boxers and closing the door he walks over to the shower and turns both knobs on, he walks over to the sink and grabs his toothbrush and the tooth paste, laying them both down on the counter Santiago walks over to the shower and checks the water temperature, noticing it was a good temperature he walks in and slides his shower door closed, letting the water hit his body it felt refreshing and it woke him up more.

After His shower he steps out and drys himself thoroughly with his towel, he then wraps it around his waist and grabs his tooth brush and the tooth paste, smearing some on the brush he turns on the faucet and moistens the brush and begins to brush his teeth, while brushing he walks out of the bathroom and looks out a window adjacent to the door, looking into the orangeish purple sky he saw no clouds and as he looked down he saw empty streets...(I wonder what this school is like?). Walking back into the bathroom he spits out some lather and washes his mouth out with water, continuing to brush the rest of his teeth and his tongue he spits all the lather out and swishes water in his mouth to rinse, gargling it to clear his throat he spits it into the sink, doing it one more time for good measure he dries his mouth and walks back into his room.

Stretching at the door way he walks in feeling refreshed, removing his towel from his waist, he leaves it on the chairs as he approaches his sock drawer, opening it quickly he grabs a pair of white boxers and a pair of white ankle socks, throwing the socks on the bed he puts on the boxers and walks over to his computer desk and open the top left drawer, retrieving a silver cigarette case he opens it quickly to reveal ten joints, picking one out he places the case on the desk, grabbing his zippo lighter from the open drawer he flicks the flint and light his joint with the flame, taking a long drag and holding it in he walks over to his Armour. As opens the door he expels smoke thru his nose, talking another drag and looking over his clothes he picks out a blank white tee shirt and black baggy denim jeans, exhaling the smoke he begins to feel the euphoria and throws his shirt and jeans on his bed, walking over to his computer desk he flicks ashes onto his ash tray. Walking back to his Armour he opens a sliding drawer underneath where the clothes are kept, showing his sneakers, he grabs a pair of White Adidas with black strips on them. standing up he talks another drag of his joint and holds it in as he closes the drawer and walks over to the table to flick his ashes and put the joint in the ash tray.

Leaving his shoes on the floor he walks over to a small closet to the right of his Armour, opening the door he reveals more shoes, aerosol cans of paint and button-up shirts amongst other things. Grabbing a can of black paint. Walking over to his bed he throws the can on his bed, grabbing the white shirt after putting on De-deodorant he grabs the pants and puts them on, grabbing the joint he takes another drag and places it back in the tray as he sits on his bed, grabbing the foot powder and his socks he drys his feet and puts foot powder on, putting his socks he slides his shoes on and grabs the can, shoving that in his deep front pocket he walks over to the open drawer on his table he pulls out his I-Pod video, his wallet, his cell-phone, his ear-phone case and his car keys, putting all those things in his pocket along with his lighter and the placing the silver case in his right rear pocket, he pulls out his computer chair and grabs his Nike string book bag, reaching over to the ash tray he grabs the half finished joint and takes another drag before putting it out and leaving it in the tray.

Exhaling the smoke before he walks out of his apartment, he opens the door and exits, locking it behind him he walks to the stairs and runs down a few flights from the fourth to the first. Turning off the last step he walks over to the door of his building and leaves out the front door, walking down his stoop he turns to the left and walks to his red colored Accra integra coupe, unlocking the doors he opens the passenger side and throws his book bag with his uniform, books and cologne onto the seat. He closes the door quickly and walks in the same direction he was walking, looking around him a bit to see if anyone was around, turning the corner he sees a couple jogging merrily on their way behind them, just air.

Santiago quicken his pace and jogs down the street himself, crossing the street to the right he turns right on the corner of 7th ave and 89th st and runs into what he was looking for, a big blank red concrete wall. Pausing a moment he reaches in his pocket and pulls out his can of paint and shakes it, the sound of the little ball inside of it quickens his heart beat, taking the top off he looks around to make sure no one is around, he looks upward around him and scans for police cameras, seeing none he begins to spray paint on the wall, his hand and arm move in sync to make the lettering smooth and precise, he doesn't flinch a bit as he dips down a bit to lengthen the letter D, he does so with the E to make it proportionate, following with F-I-N-I-T-I-O-N, in thin letters with a slight gritty crocked angle which made the letters slant to the left, next to it he places
' 7 AM,' looking at his watch he sees it is 6:20 AM, shaking the can a bit more he sees he has about half of it left so he checks his hand to see if he has paint on them, calmly he walks to the other half of the wall he sprays a quick D-E-F with the same lettering as the previous tag, next to it he place the words "I'm a Ninja." and walks away.

Shaking the can he notices it's empty he caps it and shoves it back in his pockets, running back to the other side of the street he run down his block and back to his car, he unlocks the doors and walks over to the diver side door and gets into his car, sticking his key in the ignition he starts his car and thinks (That came out pretty decent, now I just gotta drop this can away from here and I'm good, and I got school in thirty minutes.) Pulling out of the parking he drives down the block and turns right onto 6th ave and heads down to 81st street where he stops at a red light, reaching into his pocket he pulls out his I-Pod and places it in his I-Pod dock car adapter, looking thru his music he puts on Mos Def's New Danger Album and plays the 1st track.

Rolling his windows down he presses the gas lightly and continues to move forward until 77th street where he turn left and drive forward for a few blocks and turn right to find an over pass and entrance tot he highway, he stops at the light and watches other cars roll by as his mind is still in a haze from the weed he smoked earlier, he felt like he had down this a million times already, smoke a joint and hop in the car to drive to school, by this time he was a pro at driving blazed. He calmly waited for the light to turn green and he drove right into the merging lane for the high way, reaching the end of it he saw no cars coming as he peeked out the window so he entered the road easily. getting into the middle lane he raises his speed to sixty miles an hour and cruises the fairly empty road for ten minutes before hitting his right turn signal and merging into his exit to his school.

Pulling up to the red light off the ramp he looked out his passenger window as his music bumped, he saw a silver civic pull next to him, in the divers seat he saw a pretty girl with brown skin and sunglasses flashing a white smile at him. Smiling back Santiago waved at the girl, seeing her wave back he winked at her and she giggled. As the light turned green he watched her drive off, he followed in the girl's direction for a block before turning a right on Houston Ave, driving about seven blocks straight, Santiago came to his school, looking around the front of it he saw no place to park, so turning a left at the light he rolled down the block to the other corner and turn left, going up a small hill he found parking in-front of a house, putting his car on park he, reached over to his book bag and pulled out his uniform, stripping down to his boxers he put his uniform on and shoved his clothes in the back seat, but no before removing all the items in his pockets and placing them in his current ones, but leaving the paint can under his seat.

Turning his car off he grabbed his book bag and his I-Pod, opening his door he walked out and closed it behind him, walking to the corner he looked at his phone and saw he still had twenty more minutes before his first class started. Crossing the street he saw a few students walk off the bus and a few more cars driving around, walking to the main gates he walks in Thur them and stares at the courtyard...(Wow, nice courtyard.) Looking around he spots students everywhere talking, sitting, hanging around, sparring, writing, even smoking. It instantly reminded him of New York, smiling he walked over to an empty bench and sat down, reaching into his pocket he brings out a pack of gum and consumes a piece and he reaches into his book bag and gets his notebook for class, as he looks over his classes and periods he begins to realize he has no clue where to go, so he thinks (I really hope some kind soul sits next to me and is able to help me with finding my classes.)

« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2009 4:35:46 GMT -6 by santiago » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 24, 2009 17:36:37 GMT -6 »

It was TUESDAY!

Well not that it was exciting really. But Berlin was trying hard not to think much about what had happened recently with her first boyfriend ever dumping her cuz his adopted dad sucked.

But. On the brightside it wasn't Monday.

The week was already ending! Well it was better than thinking that it was only now just beginning. Berlin sighed, she left the dormitories early that morning. Her stomach grumbled hungrily but she couldn't do much about it. The spaghettios she had in her closet for a while were now gone. Three cans could only last so long. But even still she had to admit she'd been hungrier. Her tummy was just getting used to the food more frequently.

The only thing that she had kept that her ex had given the poor homeless girl was the shoes. It wasn't like it would make sense to return them. So her black and pink tennis shoes ground against the pavement as she was already dressed in her uniform. It was all she had anyway.

So why not wear it!

Dun dun dun.. dun dunnnnn dun...

Berlin's head bobbed to a song in her head. She couldln't afford one of those snazzy MP3 players but that didn't mean she was ever bored. She was merely trying so hard to keep herself positive. But it seemed that every time she thought she got a break life through it back in her face laughing cruely.

Hey new buddy!

There was a guy sitting on a bench. Lookin' awfully lonely all by himself and Berlin figured that she could warm the other side of the bench. The blonde's hair was curly and silken. She was pretty if you looked past the fact that she wasn't the best when it came to make up or anything. Considering she didn't own any. She had bright blue eyes. Wearing her fitted uniform showing off her thin body. And that was that.

"Howdy!"

Berlin plopped herself down on the bench right next to the new person. She had no idea he was on the first day at school. Not that it would matter. Berlin wasn't really that shy. She had done shy, and it didn't work when you were homeless you got over your fear of things real quick. But when her ex broke up with her she remembered why she wasn't good with letting people in.

It just bit her in the ass later.

"You're here early. Me too! Not too many people about yet, but it's kind of the calm before the storm don't you think?"

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 24, 2009 19:44:23 GMT -6 »

As Santiago sat in mild silence on the bench he had spotted, he hears an unfamiliar pronouncing that he was the person's buddy, tracing the voice to it's source it seemed to belong to a pretty, slim blond girl. Santiago smiled at her as she approached him carefree, and sat next to him on the bench. He looked her up and down noticing she was quite an attractive girl, though she looked a bit hungry as she hadn't eaten her breakfast today, thinking that Santiago realized he hadn't eaten anything either, plus he smoked so he was bound to get the munchies soon....(Till then, I think I'm gonna chill with this cutie. Maybe she would wanna just break out and go chill.)

"Hello miss. To what do I owe the pleasure of such a pretty girl's company?"

With a smile on his face he looked into her blue eyes and felt a bit flustered as she sat with him, catching his composure quickly he responded to her greeting...

"Howdy to you my lady?"

He observed her closely to see what she was all about, she seemed like a classy girl, but her eyes told a bit of a thuggish story...(I wonder if she straight out of Cali, I wouldn't doubt it, she looks like shes lived that struggle.) Softening his expression a bit more, he fixed his posture more and sat straight up. Hearing her statement he nodded and responded quickly...

" It certainly does look like it. I actually just got here a little while ago, drove here after running an errand real quick...What are you doing around here so early?"

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 24, 2009 21:13:02 GMT -6 »

Mission accomplished!

He looked up from his spiral to see the blonde girl sitting there as though they had been friends for a while. Lately Berlin and sleep had not been good friends so while she had some definatly looks one could tell she was likely troubled by something but she didn't seem to allow it to get to her too much.

Didn't seem to.. anyway.

"Hello miss. To what do I owe the pleasure of such a pretty girl's company?"

Miss? So what she was old now?

Wait.. wait wait.. forget miss. Pretty?

OOooo she liked this one already.

"Well, I'm bored, and you're here and I'm here and this looks like a pretty comfy bench!"

Okay yeah, it was a lame thing to say but she really didn't have any other reason. She wasn't sure if she should go with the 'hey you're cute so I dropped by' or maybe she could swing the whole 'you look new so I decided to help'. Nah, she really just wasn't sure what to say so as per usual she just spit out whatever came to mind first. That was usually her way, she didn't have something very interesting to say half the time but being Berlin was interesting enough in itself just because she as spastic and loved to live life.

"Howdy to you my lady?"

Berlin giggled and she felt her whole face and eyes light up. This was why she still loved to talk to people because there was just something about connecting with someone that made everything so much more interesting. There was something great about meeting new people and getting to know them, of making your web of the world that much bigger just because you were able to find someone to talk to.

" It certainly does look like it. I actually just got here a little while ago, drove here after running an errand real quick...What are you doing around here so early?"

Berlin shrugged.

"Well I tend to wake up with the sun. Old habits and all. Soooo I decided to take a walk, wake up a bit and just enjoy the sunrise since there aint anything to do in my dorm room. But I mean, you don't even HAVE to be here early and yet here you are. That's kind of strange."

Berlin grinned a little tease in his direction.

"Did you just come to this school like me? Or have you been here for a while?" she asked him curiously.

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 24, 2009 21:51:04 GMT -6 »

Santiago was enjoying this young girl's company already, his compliment seemed to brighten her up a bit more then her sunny disposition showed. Her attitude made Santiago smile, he was always infatuated with the power of a pretty girl to make even the hardest man smile...(Shes looking good, I wonder if she has a boyfriend. Guess I better pace myself and see where this goes.)

"This Bench is pretty comfy, I noticed that once I took a seat, Better now that I have a companion to share it with."

Looking around his surroundings, she seemed to be right, it was a bit dead a round, some students had either left or gone inside. Looking around the courtyard he saw a couple of walls with some graffiti on them, nothing to impressive but few little things here and there. Bringing his attention back to the Girl he realized he hadn't introduced himself to her, but she continued to speak so he listened attentively and responded to her remark on his punctuality...

"Well I actually do have to be here around this time, so today I got up a little bit earlier and went out to do what I needed to. Helped me kill some time. I can see your a good morning person, though it seems you've been missing out on some sleep."

Winking at the girl she asked him a question he knew he was bound to hear coming to Chula Vista. Some memories flash through his mind of the other time he was asked that similar question, most turned out good but he remembered some turned out bad. But in this case Santiago was sure that nothing but good would come from this meeting. Listening to her question he answered quickly...

"I'm actually brand new to this school, just came here. Today is my first day, I hate school with a passion though I just wanna leave and not have to deal with it. But I do this for my mom to keep her happy. So I can see your a new student here, are you a transfer or a completely new student?"

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 24, 2009 23:00:31 GMT -6 »

"This Bench is pretty comfy, I noticed that once I took a seat, Better now that I have a companion to share it with."

Berlin blushed.

It wasn't every day that you could get a girl that had seen it all and done some of it, to blush. There were just not many situationed that called for that. Usually it only happened when someone was taking care of her because it didn't happen often and she felt as though it was something special. Which it was, though now it seemed like special ended when father's found out that she had been homeless since nine and hadn't ever really had a family.

"It's nice just to have a companion for the morning! My walks get boring, I mean there I am thinkin' and thinkin' but I've thought before I don't have a dorm buddy or anything so all I got is me myself and I for entertainment. I get boring!"

Berlin chuckled softly.

"Well I actually do have to be here around this time, so today I got up a little bit earlier and went out to do what I needed to. Helped me kill some time. I can see your a good morning person, though it seems you've been missing out on some sleep."

"Huh?" Berlin looked shocked slightly taken aback but then she realized her eyes must be giving her away. "Oh that. Yeah. No biggie though it'll catch up eventually."

It always did, that was the way the body worked. It would only stay running for so long on empty and then it would finally be able to crash out and catch her sleep. Sometimes she passed out when she was in class. Just because her small body couldn't keep up anymore especially when she tended to eat only when she absolutely had to. When she was light headed and when she knew that if she didn't she would have medical problems something she didn't need.

"I'm actually brand new to this school, just came here. Today is my first day, I hate school with a passion though I just wanna leave and not have to deal with it. But I do this for my mom to keep her happy. So I can see your a new student here, are you a transfer or a completely new student?"

She smiled brightly. He was a new student too! She found that she was running into a lot of people on their first day. She remembered running into Jinn on her own first day and how he had shown her around. How she had gotten her uniform fitted and he had helped her with her schedule. Now she was here meeting another person that was new to the school it seemed that many people were. But when he mentioned his mom she smiled. She wished that she had a mom she could try to make happy but she had neve rknown her parents. She didn't know their names or what they looked like. And Calgary the brother she once had but that had abandoned her had never wanted to talk about the little he remembered of their parents.

"I'm just new."

Berlin said this with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't want to mention that before a week or so ago she hadn't even ever been to school except for when she was in the orphanage. So she had no more than a 9 year old's education and that meant that she could barely read because she had never had to use it and she had never been able to keep it. So she wasn't so good at school but she was trying and she had a friend that had offered to tutor her.

"But it's not a bad school. The uniforms suck whoever decided that was a good idea was off his rocker. But I guess it works huh? Free clothes and all. But uhhh the teachers are alright I guess and it's not so bad around here."

She shrugged her shoulders again. It was nice though, to be talking with someone again.

"It's nice that you're doing this for your mom though. I bet she appreciates it. I would!" Berlin beamed. "Hey! Do you think we have any classes together? I'm a freshman though you look older than me so I don't know.... what do you think?!"

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 0:29:47 GMT -6 »

Santiago smiled brightly as he spotted her blushing, he couldn't do much but smile, thinking to himself (I wonder what we can do today. Hmm maybe she smokes? Ehh we'll see as we go on, better just ask her all this myself.) He felt himself coming down a bit from the high he had earlier, but he was still feeling the euphoria so he was still enjoying it. Hearing what she said he couldn't help but laugh along with her, though he laughed a bit more heartily...

"You don't seem that boring, your pretty interesting from what I have gathered. But I can't say 100% cause I'm not you...Hmm well if you want to go eat I'd be glad to treat you, I haven't eaten breakfast either and I would love to just leave school."

(Grrrrooorrrrr)

Santiago's stomach let out a very loud growl of hunger, putting his hand over his stomach he rubbed it lightly in an attempt to alleviate the pain. (Damn yo I wanna get some food to eat, these munchies are gonna get me real hard if I don't get something soon.) Looking at the young girl he wondered if she would like to join him on his endeavor, this way he could also talk with her more and get to know her better.

"I'm just new"

Santiago's eyebrow lifted and he smiled at her, knowing she was a new student made him a bit more comfortable, not to say that he was uncomfortable, now he knew he could relate with her on another level. With his car keys and his silver cigarette case burning holes in his pockets so to speak, Santiago shifted in his seat a bit so he could look more directly at the girl. Hearing her remark about the uniform made Santiago chuckle a bit, nodding in agreement he added...

"Indeed, whom ever made these uniform had no taste or style, looks like a bunch of cloths remnants sewn together. Whatever though."

As she went on about the school he nodded in agreement, though he was a bit skeptical himself about how the school actually worked, he was bent on finding out at a later date, he wanted to leave as soon as possible to get his body some nourishment. As she mentioned they might have classes together, he lifted his eyebrows and said...

"Well you never know to be honest, though since your a freshman I don't think so, it would be cool if we did though. I hope we do, that would be fun, I'm a senior, but I did get left back in some classes so we might actually...Yeah most of what I do is for my mother, all the good and bad I do it's for her in the end. My dad's in jail so he's been out of the picture for a while."

Looking at the girl he had remembered that he hadn't introduced himself...

"Forgive me for being so rude I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Santiago, it's a pleasure."

Santiago extended his hand to her so they could shake hands, thinking about leaving direly he waited for her response hoping she would join him, so they could both fill their empty bellies.

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 11:56:16 GMT -6 »

"You don't seem that boring, your pretty interesting from what I have gathered. But I can't say 100% cause I'm not you...."

Yay! She wasn't boring!

Not that she had really considered it. She knew that people liked having her around because she was so crazy and her antics seemed to keep people entertained. While internally she was quite a bit mature because of what she had gone through growing up. She had to admit that there wwere still some very childlike qualities about her. That tended to endear her to other people. And it seemed to be working with Mister Nameless here.

Hmm well if you want to go eat I'd be glad to treat you, I haven't eaten breakfast either and I would love to just leave school

What?! Food?!

A man after a girls own heart!

As his stomach grumbled she laughed and she smiled. Her own was rolling around and being as pissy as normal but she was used to not saying or doing anything. She didn't even feel the stomach pains anymore having long ago learned how to block them out. One had to when you lived on your own and were homeless to concentrate on the negative was just plain stupid.

She was about to mention her lack of fundage when he admitted that he would treat her.

"Heck yes! Lets blow this popsicle stand! Food versus school? No contest!"

Which was true. I mean who could really think that school would outweight TASTIES! Tasties were what made the world go round and right now she could settle down with a huge stack of pancakes, a nice pile of eggs, oo coffee.. and maybe some of that syrup. Was there an Ihop close by? That sounded perfect right about now.

"Warning though, I can put away a lot of food. Gotta keep the tummy happy for a while you know."

Mimicing his own little movement she patted her flat stomach and she giggled. This was nice being with someone that wasn't so sensitive. Someone that was just himself. Right now, she wasn't sure she needed a boyfriend. Though she supposed were one to come up she would have to think about it and might decide if she was ready. The last time she had given herself to the blind boy.. and .. he had crushed her heart only after she had just opened it.

"Well you never know to be honest, though since your a freshman I don't think so, it would be cool if we did though. I hope we do, that would be fun, I'm a senior, but I did get left back in some classes so we might actually...

Berlin smiled.

"I hope so too! I'm not so good in the academic stuff so.. yeah.. don't worry about that.. I'm not like a brain or anything I'm happy if I just pass really. I got a tutor though.. but I dunno if it'll really help that much.. I'm kinda really behind. The teachers get mad a lot but.. I can't help what I don't know."

Yeah most of what I do is for my mother, all the good and bad I do it's for her in the end. My dad's in jail so he's been out of the picture for a while."

Shrugging the girl could only smile as she looked over at him. His face changed slightly when he mentioned his mother and she wondered if he was really close to his mom or not. If he was going to school for her then he must really want to make her proud for some reason. it was cute. That he would want to make his mother happy by attending school. She wasn't sure that she would have done the same thing but then again she didn't have a mom.

"Yeah? My parents have never been in the picture."

Again another shrug no need to tell him her whole life story just that he wasn't alone in having shit for parents. She'd never known her own, she remembered being younger and actually being mad at her parents for abandoning her and Calgary. But that was before abandonment just became part of her life and she no longer cared.

"Forgive me for being so rude I haven't even introduced myself, I'm Santiago, it's a pleasure."

His hand extended. Santiago. Sounded like some beefy lover from one of those dime store romance novels. The kind where 'santiago' dressed in the finest silk wooes the young maiden of the great Lord that he works for. Taking the Lord's daughter as she lay in the hay of the horse stalls stealing precious secret moments together. Oh yes, Santiago, that was the best name ever. Truly it was.

"Well if you're rude, so am I. Because I never introduced myself either." Berlin beamed as she let her hand meet his own. Her hand wasn't exactly gentle, she had callouses here and there form her rough life but that was just how life was when you were on the streets. "The name is Berlin, it's nice to meet you. Ready to go get tasties Santiago?"

Berlin bounded up with her hand still in his and faced him with a bright smile on her face.

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 26, 2009 21:02:02 GMT -6 »

Her sunny disposition was definitely something to brighten anyone's day, her smile reminded him of his lover that he left in New York, shaking the thought from his head he looked at her as she received his hand, her shake was gentle, but her hand was rough like that of a working girl, which came as no surprise to him considering what she said about her parents. The moment he mentioned the food Santiago saw that she sprang up in alertness, he could see she was very interesting indeed (Something about this girl has got me thinking, She doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill white girl, I'm thinking shes got some thug in her...Hmm, we'll see.) Griping her hand lightly as she held onto his he brought his head down and kissed her hand lightly...(Hopefully she doesn't take this the wrong way.) He let go of the girl's hand and continued.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Berlin, cool name by the way, never met a girl named after the historic area. You wouldn't be German by any chance would you?"

Pausing a second Santiago's mind seem to drift away, as usual his vision began to distort, he felt like his mind had just farted or something, shaking his head quickly he brought himself back to reality and focused his vision on his new companion.

Hearing her accept his offer to get food he smiled and stood up with her, hearing her say "Warning though, I can put away a lot of food, Gotta keep the tummy happy for a while you know." Made Santiago burst out laughing "HAHAHAHAHAHA" He had never heard a dame say that in all his seventeen years of life experience, he could help but laugh his ass off at her remark, (This girl cracks me up, rare to find that...In my case anyway.)

"Good...You better be ready to clean your plates cause if you don't then your paying. (Snickers) Just joking. But I'm glad to hear you have a healthy appetite, I don't normally see girls admitting that openly, most are to embarrassed."

Thinking for a moment of where they could get some good food, the thought of I-Hop smacked his mind (YO! I want some I-Hop son, that shit would be scrumdiddlyumshius right now. And I know exactly where to go.)

"Sooo Berlin. How about some I-Hop? I've been fiending to go there, I love their food and it's been a long time since I've gone there."

Santiago began to walk along side Berlin as he heard her speak about her schooling, saying she wasn't to bright and that she got the teachers annoyed because of her progress, Santiago's eyebrow lifted and he thought (Makes sense, these teachers now-a-days get mad over nothing at all, none of them have patience anymore, especially with student who need actual help.)

"Hey you know what Berlin, if you need help that bad in school you can count on me to, I'm a pretty good student myself, so I'd be glad to help you, you don't have to tell me how it is exactly, but I wanna know. Do you have trouble reading?"

Santiago thought for a moment if that was possible and concluded it was, he was just hoping that she wouldn't be to embarrassed to let him know about it, though he couldn't blame her if she was. Looking at her face he smiled at her taking a moment to take in her features, he would intentionally slow his pace for a second to catch a glimpse of her back-side as most men do, he was simply curious and knew he wasn't goin gto get caught, or at least he assumed. Looking in the direction of her butt he could see a small bubble which made him think (Good Genetics, I can see now why shes built the way she is.)

"...Naturally Good-looking..."

The words had slipped out of Santiago's mouth without much awareness, he would put a hand over his mouth to try n stifle the last syllable, but to no avail, he quickened his pace to match her's again hoping that he wasn't caught red-handed looking at her ass, it didn't seem she noticed so he felt a bit of relief. As they walked to the front gate Santiago checked all his pockets to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything at the bench, seeing everything was in order, they made the small journey to his car down the block.

Taking the keys from his pocket he hit the alarm button to disengage the low-jack and unlock the doors, he went over to her side as she approached and opened the door for her to sit down, once she was in her seat, he went over to his side and got in, sticking the key in the ignition his turned on his car, reaching into his back right pocket he pulled out his cigarette case and set it down on the middle console so it wouldn't bother him. Looking over at Berlin he said...

"So you ready for the meal of a life-time because I'm starving."

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2009 21:02:59 GMT -6 by santiago » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 27, 2009 20:21:35 GMT -6 »

"It's a pleasure to meet you Berlin, cool name by the way, never met a girl named after the historic area. You wouldn't be German by any chance would you?"

Berlin laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

"No idea, but I had a brother at one point named Calgary so somehow I doubt it."

There was no reason to tell him that she had been abandoned at birth not to mention that her brother had abandoned her. She hated to think about the family she had and didn't have. Neither one of them were something that she cared to mention unless she was asked about it. Her hands tucked into her pockets of her uniform and she smiled softly though. She didn't really care.. well she did but she didn't want to get into it. To remember all the times including the most recent that she wasn't worth sticking around for.. she just couldn't handle it.

When she mentioned how much she ate he laughed. Berlin couldn't help but laugh with him. It probably was funny a girl as skinny as her could put away more food then most of the people that she came across. Her stomach was tiny of course, because she rarely got to eat. But the problem was that she stuffed and over stuffed herself so that she could make sure that her body could live on the callories for a while since her meels were never consistent.

"Good...You better be ready to clean your plates cause if you don't then your paying. (Snickers) Just joking. But I'm glad to hear you have a healthy appetite, I don't normally see girls admitting that openly, most are to embarrassed."

Pay!?

Pay!!!!!

But she didn't have any money!

When he laughed and said he was joking relief washed over her face as she watched him smiling at her. He was cute in his own way and she had to admit that she hwas having a great time while they were spending time together. She hoped that breakfast would be great together. It would be funjust to talk to him some more and get to know him even more. She hoped that they would be able to get closer and be friends again it was just something fun they could do and she hoped that they would be able to get closer still.

"Sounds great! And no I'm not embarassed, I don't eat too much on a regular basis see, so when I have a chance I eat a lot!"

Berlin didn't need to explain that nor did she feel like he would really care about it, if he asked then she wasn't ashamed to share. She just wasn't looking for the pity vote and that was what she felt like she would be getting from the people around her. She hated pity. She had done well enough for herself to live til she was sixteen and there was no reason to think that she couldn't go on living just fine without the pity of others to shine down on her.

"Sooo Berlin. How about some I-Hop? I've been fiending to go there, I love their food and it's been a long time since I've gone there."

I to the HOP!

"He.. zek.. yes I do! You read my mind Santi, that was exactly what I was thinking. Tasty pancakes, sizzly bacon, tasty fluffy eggs.. mmmm tons of syrup.. oh yes my tummy agrees with our thinking. Ihop it is!"

They began to head to his car and she was excited. She was going to get tasties and she wouldn't even have to worry about paying. Somehow she would have to thank him. Now normally that would mean paying for her food by offering him sex. But Connor.. the asshole of an ex.. had taught her that not everone would want that, and that it was something that should be special. But she wasn't so sure. Afterall, once you had to use it to pay every so often to get by it became less of a great thing and became something you just used when you needed to.

"Hey you know what Berlin, if you need help that bad in school you can count on me to, I'm a pretty good student myself, so I'd be glad to help you, you don't have to tell me how it is exactly, but I wanna know.

She blushed. And looked up at him, taking her arms and wrapping them around his larger one for a moment. Just for like an arm hug, the fact that he wanted to help her study meant a lot to her. So manyy people just laughed but so many people didn't really understand her. Didn't understand why she was as stupid as she was it wasn't by choice.

Do you have trouble reading?"

She let go.

How did he know that?!

"So.. my lack of intellect is that obvious huh? Well.. no.. I can't read so well. See I uhhh .. well I .. don't really have experience doing so .. so even easy stuff like menus at restaurants and stuff are hard. I usually order based on pictures.. when.. when I get to eat that is."

Biting nervously on her lower lip she shrugged her shoulders again. Santiago seemed to fall behind just slightly behind so that she could still see him out of the corner of her eyes. She figured that he was trying to figure out if he really wanted to take on something so hard. She wasn't quite the easiest girl to teach she was sure she didn't have the best attention span. But she was sure that someone would know how to reach her if only they tried and quit remembering just how much she didn't know and concentrated on what she did.

He muttered something but she didn't quite catch it.

"Did you say something? I didn't quite catch it... WOW NICE CAR!!"

They reached the car and he disengaged the alarm. Opening the door she stepped in, she hadn't been in a car.. EVER! It might seem strange but she had been homeless most of her life and not to mention that she had also had problems with the fact that no one she ever knew had cars before. Most of the people she met even now seemed to walk everywhere. He got in the other side and got settled. Berlin secured herself with the safety belt as he spoke to her.

So you ready for the meal of a life-time because I'm starving."

"You bet your ass I am!"

She beamed at him.

"So... you're really good in school huh? That's neat. I wish I was, I guess I"m good at other things I just don't know what they are yet." Berlin chuckled. "So do what do you do in your spare time? Hobbies or something?"

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 27, 2009 22:36:15 GMT -6 »

Sitting in his seat he moved it around a bit so he could get more comfortable, he felt a bit cramped with the seats current position. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his I-pod and put it in the dock, since he was already playing the Blackout 2! album he scrolled up to one of his favorite songs in the album 'A-YO,' turning the volume down so he could hear Berlin, he heard her ask what he does in his spare time and with a devious smile on his face, he grabbed his silver cigarette case and reaching under his seat from behind he pulled out his empty black spray paint can, flicking the case open he revealed nine neatly rolled joints.

"Why I'm glad you asked my dear. This what I do in my spare time, plus I rap to, I've been slacking on that though, but I might get back on it soon, maybe hit a studio and put out a demo CD. But I do graffiti and smoke my ganja, that was the errand I was telling you about earlier."

Plucking a joint for his case he put it between his lips, setting the xase down where it was he grabbed his lighter, flicking it open he sparked the flame and lit his joint. Rolling up the windows he took a long drag and held it in his lungs for a couple of seconds before exhaling. Looking at Berlin he motioned for her to grab it while he took the wheel, feeling the euphoria hit him once again he took the car out of park and shifted to first gear.

Driving up to the light at the corner of the street he waited patiently for it to turn green, turning up the volume a bit he bumped his head a little to the beat of the song. When the light turned green hit he the gas and darted forward, shifting into second gear his engine roared as he flew down the road, turning left he shifted to third and flew past a stop sign, but since the intersection was clear he didn't worry, he kept his eyes sharp and made sure there weren't any cops around so he could blow the sign.

He noticed there was a light ahead already turning yellow so he tapped the brake a bit and shifted down to second and then to first, stopping at the red light he looked over to Berlin who was holding the joint, smiling at her he asked her...

"So how you feeling there partner? Buzzed?"

Santiago assumed she was a light weight at smoking so he could imagine how she felt at the moment, taking the joint from her hand he took a small drag and held it in, exhaling he changed the song on his I-Pod to another track named 'Hey Zulu.'

Taking another pull he passed it back to Berlin and he darted off from the light, taking a right two blocks away from the light he hit the intersection to the highway and managed to catch the light right before it turned yellow, merging into the highway safely he got into the middle lane and shifted from second to third and then to fourth, keeping his speed nominal he continued straight, looking over at Berlin from time to time to see if she had dozed off or zoned out to much. With the music blasting his mind was concentrated on the road as he switch lanes and weaved in-between cars to get to their destination quicker.

Closing in on their exit he looked over to Berlin who seemed to be high off her ass considering her eyes were chinkier then an asian, Santiago laughed his ass off trying not to swerve from his attack of humor, he grabbed the joint from her hand as she passed it, then he noticed how foggy the car was even though the A/C was on, so he decided to roll down the windows and finish the clip before he merged into the exit lane.

Throwing the left overs out the window he merged into the exit lane and got off the ramp, stopping at the light he turned off the air-conditioning and he kept the windows down to air out the car. As the light turned green he took a left at the light and headed straight about four blocks on McKinley st. Looking to the right he spotted I-Hop and a fairly empty parking lot, smiling to himself he pulled in quickly and parked with the back of his car to the restaurant...

"Well Berlin. Ready to pig out?"

Judging by her expression she looked like she was enjoying herself, so he was pleased, turning his car off, he engaged the E-brake and unlocked the doors, grabbing his cigarette case and his I-Pod he stepped out of his car and closed his door, seeing Berlin do the same he engaged his alarm and they began to walk towards I-Hop. Arriving inside they were seated quickly by the host...

"So What'll ya have, let me know and i'll let them know."

« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2009 22:38:40 GMT -6 by santiago » Back to Top  
berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 28, 2009 7:21:48 GMT -6 »

Music!!

Now he had to have some dough. Or his parents did. Because not only did he have a car but he had an Ipod. And Berlin couldn't imagine herself affording an Ipod muchless a car. It just wasn't something she could feasibly do. It was nice though to be in an actual car. Air conditioning blowing on her face as they headed out of the school parking lot. She doubted they would be back in time for first period. But then again she found that she wasn't really caring at the moment.

English sucked anyway!

He seemed to grin as she asked him just what it was that he did. What made him tick. What he spent his spare time on. She wished that she had the ability to have hobbies. But she supposed breaking and entering was a hobby. She enjoyed the thrill and the ease of using her skills to get in just about any house. Though the ones with alarm systems made it more difficult. She was even getting very good and breaking into other dorms. Not that she stole much, mainly food, it could be ate and then the evidence was gone.. not like if you stole clothes or something.

Berlin might not be book smart but she certainly wasn't stupid.

"Why I'm glad you asked my dear. This what I do in my spare time, plus I rap to, I've been slacking on that though, but I might get back on it soon, maybe hit a studio and put out a demo CD. But I do graffiti and smoke my ganja, that was the errand I was telling you about earlier."

Graffiti and weed.

Now THOSE were hobbies. Berlin could only beam as he pulled the spray can out from under the seat and showed her what really was in that cigarette case of his. Now that was something most interesting. Berlin was no virgin when it came to drugs. She had done some in her time, just not frequently. Only when someone wanted to share, because being homeless... well obviously affording that kind of stuff wasn't easy. Money went to whatever food she could find, and that was just how to survive.

"You rap huh? Are you any good at it?"

Might as well ask.. there was no harm in wondering.

She asked this as he lit up one of the white papered wonders, and closed the windows. She grinned at him as the harsh scent of the grass hit her nose. It always had a distinct smell, probably why he rolled up the window. But he inhaled a large lung full before he passed the paper to her. She took it from his hands as he moved and concentrated on the whole driving them to breakfast thing. Berlin placed the smoke against her lips and she inhaled a long and slow bout before she held it looking out the window for a few moments before slowly letting it exhale back into the car.

Ohhhh yes... that was good stuff.

"So how you feeling there partner? Buzzed?"

Huh? Partner? Time had passed.

Berlin glanced glaze eyed at the clock.

Oh hey! So it had... neato.

He took the piece from her hand and took a drag. She nodded in her answer and her eyes slowly moved back over to the window. She was a light weight only because she was so unused to having it constantly. As said, affording it had never been easy when she needed food first. Prioritizing was key to survival at times. She sat there as the music changed and was turned up. She began to bob her head to the beat of the music. Maybe life wasn't so bad afterall.

When the windows were rolled down she began to clear her mind slightly. Letting the fog clear as she breathed in the fresh air and as the tainted smokey air was sent out onto the freeway to mix with the ozone of the world. Her eyes became more crystaline and she looked over at him with a smile. It was nice to meet new people and she had to admit she was enjoying hanging out with him a little bit. It was nice merely to hang out and she knew that given the chance maybe they could be really great friends.

"Well Berlin. Ready to pig out?"

"Yep!"

Her eyes looked up at him, and she smiled brightly. Opening the door to the car she popped out quickly. Nothing could motivate Berlin like a lot of food. She waited for him to get his things and pocket them. And she smiled softly as he came around the car locking and setting all the alarms. She waited for him to join her and then they headed inside the restuarant. The smell of tasty breakfast infiltrated her senses. She loved it, it smelled heavenly and she already heard her stomach grumbling loudly.

"Looks like my tummy is ready for tasties!"

The hostess took them with two menus in her hand through the restaurant where other family's teens, and working people were already enjoying their meals. There were people just getting off of work, construction workers stacking up on carbs for their long day, and people that probably shouldn't be drinking syrup here pigging out on the wonderful delectable tasties that the Ihop had to offer.

"So What'll ya have, let me know and i'll let them know."

Plopping down in the seat across from him, Berlin pushed her hair over the back of her shoulder and opened the menu. She 'could' read. But it took a while and it wasn't easy. So she concentrated on the pictures and tried to match them up with the words. Berlin leaned over the menu and her eyes squinted slightly as she moved her finger along the words. Silently sounding them out her lips moving gently as she worked through the menu.

"I think I want this one. The su..per... de... lux..ey..? pla..at...ter..."

She looked up at him and bit her lower lip gently, she hoped he wouldn't mind and not just that but the fact that she had just had to read out loud and it was probably the only things he was really ashamed of.

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 0:15:43 GMT -6 »

Santiago felt her pain, being abandoned caused a lot of trauma so he could only imagine what she had gone through, as she attempted to read the item from the menu she wanted he smiled at her, trying to make her feel more comfortable...

"Berlin don't sweat the small stuff, I will help you out with your reading problem and anything else you need let me know, I'd be glad to hook you up."

Smiling at her again he looked own at his menu and skimmed through it quickly, looking mainly at the lunch menu, he wanted a nice juicy burger or steak, that was Santiago's thing, no matter what time of day it was he always got what ever he craved food wise, same could be said sex wise, but in his current situation he had no one to help him out with that, but he was sure he'd manage to find someone or find a way to get his fix. As he skimmed through he the hamburgers caught his eye, (hmm the hamburger club sounds good, with some Monterrey jack cheese and bacon. Yummmm.)

Looking over at Berlin he noticed her looking at him as he looked through the menu. Looking around him for a moment he noticed that the restaurant was fairly empty, which was good considering he wanted to have a good conversation with Berlin so he could get to know her more in-depth, the setting was great so he knew it was going to be a nice breakfast, especially since they were both high as kites by now, which added to their cravings. Closing his menu the waitress approached and spoke...

Girl: "Hello, my name is Gina and I'll be your waitress today...Are you folks ready to order?"

Santiago: "Hey Gina. Yep we're ready, Umm the lady will have the super deluxe platter with extra bacon and a tall stack of pancakes and I'll have a hamburger club, with monterrey jack cheese and six strips of bacon, no onions please and with lettuce and tomato also, and if you possible could you make my fries cheese fries please."

Gina: "Wow, you guys are sure hungry. No problem cutie, what would you guys like to drink?"

Santiago: "I'll have a big glass of orange juice and she'll have a coffee."

Gina: "Great, i'll take your menus and i'll be right back with your drink."

Santiago: "Thank you."

Looking over at Berlin he smiled and gave her a thumbs-up, pausing for a moment he thought to himself (I wonder how shes doing, hopefully shes enjoying herself, it sure does seem so.)

"How you feeling sweety? hungry as a bear I suppose. By the way the cream and sugar are next to the syrup so if you want it for your coffee you can grab it."

As he finished speaking to her the waitress came by and left their drinks, lifting his glass to make a toast Santiago said...

"A toast to us, may these new beginnings lead to a bright future."

They clanged their cups together and then drank, setting his cup down on the table he looked out the window and sighed, it wasn't a sigh of sadness or exasperation more so a sigh or relief and happiness, he felt at peace for some reason, he felt good, which made him smile to himself. Looking at Berlin he winked at her and asked...

"So Berlin, tell me a little something about yourself, we all have a story, gimmie a glimpse of yours. unless it's to painful then I understand."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 9:32:25 GMT -6 »

"Berlin don't sweat the small stuff, I will help you out with your reading problem and anything else you need let me know, I'd be glad to hook you up."

Berlin looked up from her reading of the menu. She blushed. And shifted a bit uncomfortably in her seat. See the thing was when you were in high school reading a menu should have been one of the easiest things imaginable. She should be reading that book about the whale.. or that vampire guy.. or maybe that freaky dude with the bolts in his neck. She should be reading things that challenged her and she couldn't even get through Dr Suess.

It seemed that her buddy of the day had already decided what he wanted to eat. And so as his menu closed she lay hers on top of his in the center of the table. She didn't have much experience in the whole being in a restaurant thing. But she did know that the waitress or waiter would be picking them up. She loved going out to eat though and she knew that if she was able to she would do it more and more. But she would need a job and money and there were a surprising amount of people that wouldn't higher a girl that had never had a job before, and never had a place to live until now.

Gina. The waitress showed up quickly enough and she was all too perky. Probably in the back token on the coffee for free. That was probably the benefit for working here. Berlin wondered if she could work here, it woudln't be hard. Memorizing people's orders and bringing them out food. Especially considering that she had a good memory she wouldn't have to worry about writing. She bit her lower lip and was about to give her order but Santi took care of it for her.

Maybe she'll just stick with San.

No no Santi was better. Sounded more endearing.

"How you feeling sweety?

Sweetie?!

Berlin blushed, no one had ever called her sweetie and actually meant it. The only ones she had ever known that had called her that were creepy old me 'lookin to keep warm' in the cold nights on the street. Now she might have had an occassional fling here and there just for warmth, food, payment for something she desperatly needed. But she wouldn't just fling that around unless she had to or was attracted to someone.

Like maybe him... hmmm...

hungry as a bear I suppose. By the way the cream and sugar are next to the syrup so if you want it for your coffee you can grab it."

"I am STARVING!!" Berlin laughed. "But then.. I'm always hungry cuz.. well like I said I don't get the chance to eat so much so thanks for the treat!"

They're drinks arrived and Berlin was all too eager to partake in the coffee. She set the insulated kettle beside the girl and the first coffee cup which was empty. The girl filled it for her before she walked off leaving the kettle there beside Berlin. Berlin drug the cream and sugar over and began to doctor it up so it changed into a light brown color. Stirring it with her spoon she looked up seeing Santi, raising his glass to give her a toast. Grabbing up her coffee cup she brought her cup against his glass.

"A toast to us, may these new beginnings lead to a bright future."

YAY!! New beginnings!

"And a great friendship!"

With that said she took a long sip of her coffee, the hot fluid hit her empty stomach and it grumbled even louder. It was used to her drinking a lot of water and things to try to sate the hunger pains for a while. Especially at night so that they woudl let her sleep. But no, a lot of the times it didn't work especially since her body needed food and her stomach knew it. It was just not so easy to feed yourself when you had no real friends and no money.

Berlin put her jaw in the palm of her hand letting her hand cup her jaw and part of her cheek. Blonde hair shimmering in the morning sunlight as her blue eyes watched the people go by. The cars driving and the people walking. The angry ones screaming, the horns honking and the people going about their morning routines. The coffee shop just across the street was a point of interest, she liked to try to guess what the people did for a living. Sometimes it was obvious, and sometimes she got creative, it was a game she played with herself when she was bored.

"So Berlin, tell me a little something about yourself, we all have a story, gimmie a glimpse of yours. unless it's to painful then I understand."

She turned from the window and for a moment she stared at him, as if deciding he was worth the story. Or if he was just going to mess with her about it. But he was already nice, and was paying for breakfast and shared his grass with her. So she figured if he was all about using her then he would have already tried by now. Besides she wasn't that naive .. though sometimes she could be. She sighed softly and kept her arm and jaw in the same position for a moment before her hand fell arm laying across the table in front of her

"Ummm alright then. It's not really .. like it's painful it's just not really pleasant." she told him with a shrug, though her eyes told a different and painful story.

"I don't know who my parents are.. were.. whatever. I've never had any. I was only three months old when they tossed me and my three year old brother in the orphanage and took off. Calgary, my brother, and I stuck together. No one would adopt us because we were a set pair or somethin'. Anyway, Cal had these great dreams of gettin' out of the orphanage and makin' it big somehow. Just me 'n him you see. So my only schoolin' was when I was at the orphange."

She paused and took a sip of her coffee.

"I was nine, and my brother was twelve when he said he had everythin' ready. So.. we left, one night, we snuck out the back. Not like it was hard, and the less mouths to feed at the orphanage the better I'm sure. So no one that I can see really looked for us. It.. wasn't easy you know.. I mean I'm sure you can guess. We went from a real roof and warm food to nothin' but it wasn't like we could really go back at that point. So we stuck it out. Livin in whatever abandoned place we could find. Had a fridge box once for my bed, it was the best bed ever. Cal hung these little glow in the dark stars on the roof of it, and so at night I could see 'em. It was cool."

Berlin smiled sadly for a moment.

"We went hungry a lot.. but .. I'm used to that part now, the stomach pains they get bad from time to time but sometimes water helps and other times, I just deal." another shrug of the shoulders. "Anyway, two years ago.. Cal stopped comin' back to our little garage. I stayed thinkin' surely .. he'll come back. Bringin' food.. maybe money. Maybe he made it big finally and he'll take care o' me like he promised before. Buuut.. I waited and .. and there was never a time he came back. I was on my own then. No one highers a girl that can't take a bath and is liable to steal food. So.. I couldn't get a job and .. so.. I stole for a while.. whatever I could and .. when I got desperate I did whatever I had to.. to eat.. to survive.. "

Another sip of her coffee. Berlin wouldn't meet his eyes while she told the story, her fingers played nervously with the napkin close by.

"Soo... anyway.. I decided I had to do somethin' or I was gonna just be another jane doe on the streets. When the cold got to me or I ran into someone that didn't quite like me.. or like what I saw. Things on the streets aren't quite pretty you know. And they were gonna tear down the garage I stayed in. So, I heard this school had dorms and I thought well.. if I could get in then maybe I could at least have a roof. Which was better than none at all. So I got in.. but.. but I never really expected to be so behind. Guess I should have expected it, but I try... really hard."

Berlin shrugged.

"My uniforms' all I got. And a toothbrush. So way I figure it, it's better than I had. So... Im doin' alright!"

Berlin smiled forcing her brightness to come back and she shrugged again. She looked back up at her buddy and wondered just if he had expected that from her, that kind of story. She was sure that he hadn't quite expected that whole thing, but she figured why tell a half assed story, might as well go for gold.

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 21:53:42 GMT -6 »

Santiago listened intently as she began her story, he could imagine she was going to summarize her life to save time. It started off pretty depressing (So she really never had parents, I thought it might have been a joke, it seems she really did have a harsh life. I can't imagine where it goes from here.) As she continued Santiago felt heavy hearted. her story sure confirmed his thoughts on her, she definitely had some thug in her and she knows what the streets are like.

While she paused, he looked into her eyes trying to decipher her, she seemed a bit complex but at the same time she seemed so simple, like there was nothing to her, he wondered (How has she made it for so long on her own...Oh...Well....I can see how it works, I'll just let her tell me the rest.) He listened as she continued with her tragic story, the second part of her story just added to the sadness from the first part (Damn...This girl is a soldier. I'm glad I met her because now I know that she is deserving of much more then she's had. I'm going to make sure that she gets everything. This girl is a Woman, not a girl.)

The second time she paused and smiled her could see the sadness behind it, her eyes told him everything, he could see how hurt she was and how much she needed someone to help her. Everything about her made sense in that moment (Now I see where she gets her sunny disposition from, all that pain has caused her to repress it and made her become positive and cheerful, shes an optimist cause shes been on the other side of the tracks. I guess I can relate a bit.) Listening to her continue, the third part of her story was just as bad as the second, she had been abandoned by the only person she ever had in her life, at that point she was completely alone. Santiago never knew what it was like to be alone, he always had his mother and when he met Kathrine he felt he had what was needed to persevere through the harshest tempest.

But as she began with the final part of the story it seemed to take a small turn for the better, but she was still alone and poor and unfortunately she really couldn't get a job, she was under-qualified even for basic menial tasks like fast food, so she had no choice but to stay poor, but suddenly the idea smacked Santiago (Of course, why didn't I think of it sooner. I've been thinking about setting up shop here in Cali and now I have a Lieutenant to help me out, plus she could live with me, I do have the extra room and I've been looking for a room mate, this has to be fate that I met this girl. She could handle business on the daily and I could get a legit job to bring extra dough in. This is great.)

As she finished her sad story Santiago reached out and grabbed one her hands, cupping his other hand over it, he looked into her eyes and said to her...

"Berlin...You have touched my heart deeply, your an amazing woman. I can no longer call you a girl because you know what it is to be a woman. I'm gonna do something for you that I know you need....I have an extra room in my apartment and I've been looking for a room mate, it must be fate that we've met because I want to give that room to you, i can see that you really need it. Also I have another proposition for you, I usually have legitimate work, but since i'm new here in Chula vista I have thought about setting up shop here and start to sell bud. I've been doing this for years, since I was around nine or ten, so i know how to network and advertise, plus I know how to keep out of the eyes of cops and authorities. I want to make you my second in command for my operation, it is really good money and your share will be solely for you, to do as you please with it. My share will go to bills and food, I'm going to make sure you never go hungry again and that your never alone again. I hope you accept my offer. My business has already started up pretty good, I just needed someone else to help me move quicker. I can get you a bike or car or whatever kind of transport you need to move around. Let me know and again I hope you accept."

Just as Santiago finished his speech, the waitress cam with their food. Seeing this Santiago let go of Berlin's hand and let the waitress set their food down. Watching her leave Santiago turned his eyes back to Berlin and waited for her response, but as he waited he began to pray before the meal...

"Father God in heaven. We thank you for this bounty you have bestowed on us, bless the hands that made this food as well as the food, may it give us all the nutrients we need for the coming day and bless this establishment and it's workers. Lord I also thank you for this fateful meeting, I thank you for allowing me to meet Berlin and for showing me Lord that I can make a difference in her life. Forgive us for our sins and continue to guide us as we live day by day in your grace, shower us with your divine knowledge, intelligence and spirit Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ our lord and savior. AMEN."

Looking at Berlin he smiled at her, she seemed to be rather astounded at Santiago's kindness, he wasn't to surprised, she was used to life shitting on her all the time, so when something good comes her way it seems to good to be true, but this was true and it was as good as it sounded...

"Dig in sweetie. Enjoy this meal to the fullest because many more will come your way. Now that your with me. I got your back, just watch mine as well."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 8:36:40 GMT -6 »

"Berlin...You have touched my heart deeply, your an amazing woman.

Berlin's eyes widened as she looked up at the man sitting across from her. She could only blush and brush her hair back behind her ear. He was holding her hand across the table as he said these things to her. And she really felt like maybe she had finally met someone that would understand. not so much to take pity on her, but to help her achieve her goal of making something out of herself. Berlin had the same dreams that every girl did, but even more. She wanted a firm and steady job, at least some of an education, and she wanted to be able to have a real life. One that she made for herself, though someone at some point would have to give her a leg up.

I can no longer call you a girl because you know what it is to be a woman.

She was.. a woman?

She wondered why he would think so. She supposed because she had been through a lot in her life and nothing ever had gone her way. Not that she complained about it, she wouldn't have even told him her story had he not asked. Berlin didn't go around asking for handouts. She dealt with her own needs when she could, and she figured that it was for the best that she looked after herself rather than expecting someone else to. Besides that, no one had ever offered. She might have taken them up but she would have done something.. anything she could to help out too.

I'm gonna do something for you that I know you need....I have an extra room in my apartment and I've been looking for a room mate, it must be fate that we've met because I want to give that room to you, i can see that you really need it.

Berlin's jaw dropped. A room in his apartment. Where she would have a roof over her head, and a warm place to sleep. She didn't expect him to furnish her with furniture. Or anything, she could sleep on the floor as much as she could sleep anywhere, though she'd probably miss the bed she had in her dorm just because well.. it WAS a bed.

Also I have another proposition for you, I usually have legitimate work, but since i'm new here in Chula vista I have thought about setting up shop here and start to sell bud. I've been doing this for years, since I was around nine or ten, so i know how to network and advertise, plus I know how to keep out of the eyes of cops and authorities.

Work too!? This HAD to be a dream she could think of no other reason that she would be halucinating getting a house, a room mate, a job and everything all in one. Maybe it was the pot! One never really knew, she wasn't exactly sure what it was that she had smoked anyway. Softly she looked up at him and she watched him in disbelief as he told her that he wanted to sell the grass. That he wanted HER to sell the grass. It wasn't like she didn't know of the streets she knew where to go, who to talk to, the names of the dealers, and their turf. She knew a lot about the streets she could most certainly help out.

I want to make you my second in command for my operation, it is really good money and your share will be solely for you, to do as you please with it.

For her?! All the money she made could be hers. And she wouldn't have to do anything? She could buy real clothes, and real shoes. She could have fun and go out to eat, and she could be a normal girl with normal things. And she could save money and go to college once he helped her catch up with her schooling. Or even just save so that one day she could just live happily and no longer have to suffer and worry about money.

My share will go to bills and food, I'm going to make sure you never go hungry again and that your never alone again. I hope you accept my offer. My business has already started up pretty good, I just needed someone else to help me move quicker.

"Huh? But.. isn't it the part of the .. room mate to help.. like.. share in the expenses. I mean.. I don't mind... helping if you want I don't.. want you burdened with me."

I can get you a bike or car or whatever kind of transport you need to move around. Let me know and again I hope you accept."

She gasped!!

"I can have a car!?"

Screw bike! Car was better! If anything ever happened she could fall asleep in the back seat and be perfectly happy. Not to mention that a car was better, safer, and she wasn't really a bike kind of girl. Besides, the car would get pretty good gas mileage she figured. Though she didn't figure that it would be brand new. She assumed that was up to him, if he was going to buy it for her. It just depended on the money he wanted to spend on her. But to be honest, she didn't care if it was an old clunker. If it was a car, and it was hers, and ran, she'd be happy!

"Are you sure about all this?! I mean, I'm totally grateful, I just.. am surprised is all. I will definatly.. DEFINATLY move in.. and work for you. I know the turf around her VERY well I hung out with a lot of people so.. I'm sure I can help spread the business easily enough with my old contacts. Then too, if I got a car, I could go even further than just walking distance around the city. That would be awesome. and .. and .. wow."

Berlin looked at him.

"I accept!"

Berlin beamed at him softly and she felt his hands retreat. When she looked up she saw that the food had arrived, but Berlin was almost too excited to eat. Though her stomach grumbled to remind her that it was still hungry. Biting her lower lip she looked up at him and she was just in shock and awe. Her hand took his again as he bowed his head and they both began to pray. She couldn't help but feel as though something had finally gone right. Maybe there was a God. He certainly believed there was. And for the first time in her life. Berlin prayed.

When the prayer ended, she rose. And moved over to him. Sliding into the booth beside him she wasted not a single moment leaning over and wrapping her arms around his neck. Softly and gently she held herself to him and closed her eyes. She could smell the scent of the grass, and other things. Maybe cologne? She wasn't sure but the mix of whatever it was, was perfect as she held him. It was a long hug, she hoped it wasn't uncomfortable for him but the thing was she wanted him to know how much this chance meant to her but she was currently beyond the words to find that could express what she really felt. Finally, she moved back after a couple minutes had passed.

"Thank you, I don't have the words to say.. how I feel so.. so thank you."

She rose and moved back to her seat. Plopping down she unrolled the napkin and found the fork. Picking up she grinned. Awwww tasties!

Dig in sweetie. Enjoy this meal to the fullest because many more will come your way. Now that your with me. I got your back, just watch mine as well."

"Will do!"

Berlin stabbed into her large five stack of pancakes and took a large hunk. Immediatly she went to town on it, hungry and hungrier yet for the fact that they had smoked in the car. But still she loved the taste of pancakes the problem was they didn't stick around too long. That was why she had the eggs and the bacon to do that for her. She topped off her coffee cup and re-sugarized it taking a sip to wash down the pancakes that were already slathered in maple syrup.

"So thif movin in fing." she said and then swallowed the food she had. "What.. do you expect from me .. payment wise. I mean I like to know going in what you expect of me so.. if there's anything.. I'd like to know now. Just so I'm prepared you know."

She had a lot of times when she had to pay with things she wasn't so happy about losing or giving. But, for a home and a place to stay she might do whatever it took.

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 1:35:53 GMT -6 »

Before he dug into his food he heard Berlin accept his offer. He was happy to hear that, he looked into her eyes as she spoke and smiled at her, he could tell he had made her day, he sat back and said....

"I just do what I was taught, I see that you were extremely unfortunate, you has shit luck i wanna help you out, it's not fair that someone as kind-hearted and goos as yourself would be born into such misfortune, Giving you a roof over your head, food to eat and a bed to sleep in is something I would be more then willing to do."

Seeing the young woman rise from her seat as the prayer ended, she walked over to him , he watched her in a daze as she sat down next to him and didn't waste a moment, she wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes, Santiago felt his face flush and landed against the wall as she embraced him, he thought(Whoa, I guess I've made her really happy, it makes me happy to know I was able to help a beautiful damsel in distress...HAH...I wanna kiss this girl, but I don't know how she'd take it, I'm actually liking her, I wonder if she likes me to. Screw it i'll kiss her and see how she takes it. Why not try.)

Puttign his arms around her small frame he moved his head in for a kiss, feeling his lips meet hers, he kissed her softly on her lips and he held her, it felt nice for some reason he felt a bit of static as their lips met (Ow that stung a bit...I hope I don't get slapped for this...) Parting his lips from her's after a couple of seconds, he looked into her eyes and said...

"I hope you don't slap me for that, I was wondering if you could consider me as your white knight?"

He grinned as he blushed a bit while looking at her, feeling her let go of him she walked back to her seat and as he continued to speak, his grin turned into a smile, when she responded thanking what he had done for her. Digging to his food right after she did, he assembled his burger quickly and took a huge bit of it, chewing it he savored the flavor of the ingredients, looking over to his left he grabbed the A-1 steak sauce and lifted the top bun to slather some on his burger, replacing the bread he took another bit befor grabbing some fries and shoving them in his mouth, chewing heartily he looked at Berlin as she devoured her pancakes, he laughed with the food in his mouth and took a sip of his juice before choking on it.

Hearing her ask a question with a full mouth, he was able to pick up what she said, then as she washed down her pancakes she added a secon dpart to the question...

"Well...If your willing to I'd like you to be my girl......Payment wise. Well. pay for your car insurance and some of the rent. I can pay for the other part and food. If you want you can throw me twenty for the internet and twenty for the cable and I'd take care of the rest. Do you have contacts in the city to distribute to? I'm just curious so I can meet them and see how the clientele is around here. Like I said I'll probably get a legit job to provide some extra money, so you can handle business when I'm not around. You can also try and find a job as well, if you want to. The selling might get in the way though so it'd be up to you."

Grabbing some fries he shoved them into his mouth, tasting the warm melted cheddar that topped his fries, he immediately took another bit of his burger savoring all the flavor that was in his food. Looking at Berlin he watch as she dug into her eggs and bacon...

"Wow mamita you can really put your food away quick, I'm glad your enjoying it. This food tastes wonderful, it like an orgasm in my mouth at this moment. I hope your enjoying this as much as I am."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 7:22:35 GMT -6 »

His arms wrapped around her tiny waist, if she ate more she would put on quite a few more curves, but with her lifestyle it just wasn't really an option that she could handle. Though, it seemed that fate had finally decided to shine just a little bit of light on the young girl. And, she had to admit to herself that it felt so nice to be held again. Berlin didn't have that much contact with people on a physical basis unless she was paying for something. So it was nice, it reminded her slightly of Connor and the way that they had been together. How often he had held her in the few days they had been together.

She didn't think about Santi moving in for anything more than a soft hug shared between two friends. But she felt him shifting and felt his breath on her face. She knew what was coming. Her eyes opened half way but closed again when their lips met. She had only kissed someone like this once. Connor. Under the waterfalls in the shopping area. Right now, the kiss was gentle and soft, til the whole shock came.

OW!

The kiss broke softly, her lips tingling a bit from both the kiss and the shock that she hadn't expected. Her eyes opened softly and slowly. Blue eyes meeting his own eyes he was still so close, and she could hear his heart beating from the position she was in close to his chest and yet his neck. More on his shoulder she supposed if she had to put a name to the position. Her eyes met his and she smiled a bit at his words.

"I hope you don't slap me for that, I was wondering if you could consider me as your white knight?"

Berlin chuckled. White knight...

"Sure.. that is what I would call you. Prince Charming, Knight in Shining Armor, White Knight, so many things you embody by giving me the chance to have a real life finally."

Back at her seat there was much food to eat and it wasn't like they had to hurry but her stomach was demanding prompt service so she was going to have to do her best to make sure that she fed it before it just made her pass out. There was hungry.. then there was hungry when food was in front of you, that was a completely different sensation. That kind of hungry was the one that would give you headaches, double your stomach pains, and if you were weak enough and barely hanging on you'd pass out.

Berlin hungy!!!!

Berlin want food now!!!

Me likey pancakes me likey pancakes!

Between a full and empty mouth of the tasty cakes of awesomness Berlin had asked her question. About what he expected payment wise. What he answered was not exactly what she had expected at all.

"Well...If your willing to I'd like you to be my girl......

Berlin looked up suddenly, and she swallowed before she choked on her food. Her eyes were wide. Wait wait wait wait. This was where she woke up due to the shitty alarm in her room and everything will have just been a dream. The offer, the job, the home, the car, the kiss, and the girlfriend thing. She swallowed and took a mouthful of coffee her blue eyes watching him with that shocked look on her face. She couldn't help it.

"Me? Girlfriend?"

She was astonished, he was giving her his world through and through and she didn't really see that he was getting any benefit from it what so ever. Sure she was going to help him run the business but the thing was that she got to keep whatever she made. He was giving her so much and she felt in a way that she was taking advantage of him. And now here he was trying to take care of the amazing emotional needs that she had. The ones that kept her up at night more and more often. Being alone... man wasn't meant to be alone, and Berlin suffered greatly for being so.

Payment wise. Well. pay for your car insurance and some of the rent. I can pay for the other part and food. If you want you can throw me twenty for the internet and twenty for the cable and I'd take care of the rest.

"Sounds good to me, that way I don't have to worry about feeling like I'm taking advantage of your kindness you know."

Do you have contacts in the city to distribute to? I'm just curious so I can meet them and see how the clientele is around here. Like I said I'll probably get a legit job to provide some extra money, so you can handle business when I'm not around. You can also try and find a job as well, if you want to. The selling might get in the way though so it'd be up to you."

Berlin nodded.

"Yep, I know the people and their turfs that are around here. Some I don't know but I know most of them. I'm friends with a lot of them, and they gave me odds and end jobs when I was younger running deliveries and things when I was in real bad need of cash. So yeah, I can help out with that and we can go meet some of the people."

There was nothing better to eat in the world than breakfast. Being able to take a forkful of pancakes, and jab some eggs on them and crunch down it was the best. She had picked up a bacon sliced and munched her way through the before it was gone and she moved back to the pancakes again. Damn they were good. Ihop wasn't is business for no reason they knew exactly how to make the tasties and had at some point started serving burgers.

"We're gonna have to come back here one day." Berlin told him with a firm nod.

Taking a pause to let her stomach digest a bit of the food she leaned back in her seat. Bringing her left leg up she grabbed her coffee cup. Sitting her arm on top of her now raised knee she sipped a long sip of her coffee before she set it on top of her knee her hand holding it in place as she looked over at Santi. It was nice to be around someone again that really seemed to want to spend time with h er and help a girl out.

"So let me get this straight. You're going to tutor me, help me learn to read, you're going to give me a job, a car, a home, and everything, THEN you want me to be your girl."

Berlin pursed her pale lips for a moment as she looked up at him. Reading his eyes for a moment and then she took another sip. It was hard for her to get her mind around all the charity and the desire to help her out. She could already imagine that she could dress herself again, she could buy clothes. And have more than one pair of shoes. She could get Santiago a gift. They could see a real movie, and go on a real date, and he could even SEE her, which was a bonus since the last boyfriend was blind.

"About this girlfriend thing." Berlin said as she put her coffee back on her knee. "Thing is, I just got out of a crappy three.. four day relationship. I don't know. How long it was really. You see, I broke into this guy's dorm because I needed food. I was sittin' in his kitchen eatin' spaghettios. And he comes in. He wasn't even mad or anything but gave me more to take back with me. So then we went on this date thing, and .. he asked me to date him. So.. I did. Buuuut... then.. it all ended."

Berlin sighed softly and looked at her coffee for a moment before she took another sip buying herself a moment. She looked back up at him and brushed her hair back behind her ears again.

"I met his dad, and .. he thought.. that Connor could do better than me. He .. said that I wasn't good enough for him and that it was best we call it off before I become a distraction. So I guess... where I'm going with all this is that.. well.. you mentioned your mom... does she.. does she live close by where.. where we could visit her because. I don't really think I could take getting close to someone so great like you are and then... later finding out mom doesn't approve. And everything I got.. has to be given back again. I mean. .. Connor didn't give me much, he bought me my shoes, it's all I kept. I gave back the two shirts and the bowl and spoon. I .. I don't know I just am worried I guess.. that you're mom might not like me so much once she finds out I'm .. I was homeless."

She sighed softly as she bit her lower lip, the pain of Connor dumping her was very still sharp. She looked out the window for a moment and she watched some of the cars driving by in their traffic. She spent a few moments just watching the traffic and she sighed looking back at him again.

"I want to be your girl. I'm just wary of .. the rejection of last time."

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 12:47:19 GMT -6 »

Putting his burger down and grabbing some fries, he made them disappear into his mouth, chewing on them he love the way the cheese stuck to his teeth a bit, moving his tongue around his mouth he loosened it and chewed it along with the fries and swallowed it.Listening to Berlin as she spoke he was hoping that she would consider what he asked, he smiled when she said that she did think of him as her white knight...

"...So many things that you embody, by giving me this chance at a real life."

He couldn't help but smile bigger as she said that, he blushed a bit and looked over to his left out the window, he looked up at the sky and let out a sigh of relief, he still felt his heart pounding from the kiss they shared, her lips tasted like the maple syrup from the pancakes which roused Santiago a bit. Looking back at her she continued talking. Santiago could see the surprise on her face as she spoke, but he knew why it was so, not everyday do you get treated like a queen by a stranger and with her luck he knew she didn't expect it ever. But he felt like he needed to show her that there were people in this world who cared...

"Don't think of it as taking advantage, I was more then willing to give you all this, it was someone else I would've to. You could say I'm trying to make up for my sins by being a better person."

Letting him know that she knew people and had contacts around the way gave him the security he needed business wise, he knew he could really set-up shop and get everything moving quickly (The money is gonna start pouring in, I still gotta be careful because shit could go wrong any moment. At least I know how this business is so I got an advantage. I gotta school her on this, later though.) Smiling at her he nodded back in agreement adding...

"Word up. I would definitely be down to come back here, I love I-Hop."

Watching her balance her coffee cup on her knee, Santiago listened as she asked him about the entire situation, she wanted to be clear on what exactly were Santiago's motive he assumed. As she took a sip of her coffee he nodded at her so she could understand that she got it right, then hearing her ask about him asking her out, his heart paused a moment as she continued to talk another sip of coffee and explain to him about her previous relationship which lasted very little. He smiled and laughed a bit at the story she has told him, it was cute but as she finished it he could see why she was telling it, she wanted to be cautious, she didn't want her heart broken and to lose what she had gained. Santiago smiled.

She continued the story saying she had met his father and that he disapproved of her, that she wasn't good enough for his son, he frowned a bit because he understood how it was to be rejected by the parents of a boyfriend or girlfriend, thinking back Kathrine's parents didn't even like him that much either, but she rebelled against their wishes and stayed with him. Nodding at her with his mind sort of in space, he heard her mention his mother and that she hoped that she wouldn't disapprove of her after getting to know her. He listened as she told him her concerns and how it had ended between her and the last boyfriend she had. Then he saw her sigh, but it seemed like a sigh of sadness, he was worried for her, he understood what it really was to be dumped, seeing her look out the window he could see she was in pain, he bit his lower lip as she looked back at him. Hearing her accept his offer for them to go out, he smiled.

Santiago stood up from his seat and walked over to her side of the booth, grabbing her coffee cup he set it on the table and sat next to her, wrapping his arms around her waist he looked into her eyes and said...

" A Tribe Called Quest said it best...Telling me about the ex man, but ex man ain't the nigga with the plan, who got your heart in mind. It's about time that you just unwind...Sweet heart, I can promise you that I won't break your heart, even if my mom doesn't like you, which I doubt, that doesn't mean that I'm just gonna kick you to the curb. I'm gonna live up to my word, make sure my baby girl has what she deserves..."

Caressing her chin with his thumb he brought his lips against her's again and kissed her a bit rougher then before, but still soft enough so it wouldn't bother her, parting from her lips he said...

"I just ask that you don't break my heart either. I've lost love time and again because of my mistakes or the other person's mistakes, so I've improved on my end. I just hope that I can trust you if I give you my heart. And even if we don't work out I'm not gonna kick you out, you can still live with me and we can still work together. I won't hold any grudges if we break up. So don't worry so much about that."

Standing up from her side, he walked over to his seat and sat down, grabbing his burger he took a big bite and chewed it happily (Seems everything has worked out right for change, I'm glad i could help this woman and make her my girlfriend, she seems very sincere so I'm going to trust her. I hope I don't get my heart broken.) Looking over at Berlin he smiled gingerly, grabbing some fries he devoured them quickly and took another bite of his half finished burger. Looking over at her he asked...

"Whats on your mind sweetie? What do you think about all this, be straight up with me."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 18:54:48 GMT -6 »

"Don't think of it as taking advantage, I was more then willing to give you all this, it was someone else I would've to. You could say I'm trying to make up for my sins by being a better person."[/b]

"Sins huh?"

She didn't want to pry into that because she figured that if you were trying to atone for sins then maybe it was best not to have to think about them. She could imagine that if they were bad enough to worry about giving a homeless girl a home, a job, a car etc etc. But then he even wanted to date her which was what surprised her the most because they had only just met, but maybe she had made a good impression on him. He had certainly made a great on on her, she couldn't imagine ever thinking poorly of him unless he broke her heart like the last guy.

He stood up moments later after she told him of the story of her exboyfriend that had hurt her quickly. But she watched as he moved over to her. His larger hand took away her coffee and her eyes watched him as he moved the coffee cup back to the table. She wasn't sure just what it was he wanted to do but she could tell that he wanted her attention and not to spill coffee on herself. His arms came around her waist, and she put her knee back down, now that he was close she could imagine the skirt of her uniform had ridden up her leg.

...Telling me about the ex man, but ex man ain't the nigga with the plan, who got your heart in mind. It's about time that you just unwind...

She looked over at him and into his eyes. She wasn't sure what The Tribe was but she would play along. When he told her this, she could only smile. Her eyes taking on a kinder sheen again the kind that they had when they had first met only about an hour ago.

Sweet heart, I can promise you that I won't break your heart, even if my mom doesn't like you, which I doubt, that doesn't mean that I'm just gonna kick you to the curb. I'm gonna live up to my word, make sure my baby girl has what she deserves..."

Sweetheart? Berlin blushed.

He promised that he wasn't going to hurt her or kick her to the curb. Even his his mother didn't like her, which he promised that he doubted. She bit her lower lip as she looked up at him. When he called her his baby girl she could only blush even further than before. She smiled and she nodded softly, the fact that he wanted to take care of her meant the world to her. She had really never had much experience with people wanting to take care of her like this. Which was what surprised her so much that he wanted to care for her.

His hand came up and touched her chin, making her eyes which had some point drifted to the side, look back up at him. He leaned in and suddenly he was kissing her now. She kissed him back, this kiss was a bit rougher and more passionate than before but she had to admit she liked it. It was soft enough that it wasn't overwhelming and she couldn't help but let her hand come up and touch his neck, laying there cupping it a bit. As the kiss broke he looked into her eyes and she looked into his own.

"I just ask that you don't break my heart either. I've lost love time and again because of my mistakes or the other person's mistakes, so I've improved on my end. I just hope that I can trust you if I give you my heart.

Berlin smiled softly, letting her thumb stroke over his neck softly.

"I won't break your heart, unless you break mine. I don't want to be alone anymore Santiago, I have been most of my life, and I want something great, someone like you to come along. I .. want to be special to someone. If you're going to make me special to you then you should know you're already special to me."

And even if we don't work out I'm not gonna kick you out, you can still live with me and we can still work together. I won't hold any grudges if we break up. So don't worry so much about that."

"I hope it doesn't come to that."

He got up to leave, but she took his hand and tugged him softly so he wouldn't leave her just yet. Softly she leaned in and she kissed him gently. He had kissed her twice now and she wanted him to know that she was interested as well, that it wasn't all one sided, she was most interested in seeing where this would go. She wanted to know just what they could become and she knew that were she in his position she would want to know he liked her as well. But as the kiss ended she let him go back to his breakfast. She picked her fork back up again and went back to eating again.

Berlin ate, and she was in a thoughtful mood. Her eyes drifting from the window and back to her food. There was a lot to take in, a lot had happened suddenly though she could never have been more grateful to him. Not to mention she had met a guy that liked her that she liked back. They had kissed several times now and her lips still tingled from the slightly more rough kiss that they had shared at the table. She was glad for them, it made her feel once more like maybe she wasn't such a bad thing. Maybe, she was the kind of girl that was desirable. Santiago seemed to think so at any rate.

"Whats on your mind sweetie? What do you think about all this, be straight up with me."

Berlin looked up from her breakfast which was more than half gone at this point and she put her fork down. Dabbing her lips with the napkin she pushed her plate back slightly, she was about as full as she could be without making herself sick. Swallowing a bit of coffee to wash the last bit of the pancakes down she looked over at him.

"My first thought is if you eat burgers for breakfast everyday."

Berlin winked with a teasing grin. Topping off her coffee and doctoring it again.

"Otherwise, I'm thinking I must have won the lottery. Either that or it's one hell of a dream then there is the possibility of it being a realllly good acid trip." Berlin chuckled as she shrugged her shoulders. "All honesty, I'm happy. I'm still trying to process it all, but, I can't wait to move in and start our lives as they meld together. That and the fact that I can't wait til I can buy my own bed and stuff, I mean, I can't afford it at first, but soon.. when we get our business going. Annnd I'm excited about just still processing."

Berlin smiled.

"What about you? I mean.. what do you think about it all?"[/font][/color]

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 22:28:56 GMT -6 »

Before Santiago could get up from her side of the booth, she kissed him tenderly, he kissed back gently and passionately, he felt her small hand on the back of his neck, her stroking was tickling him and he laughed a bit as they kissed (Guess she wanted to even the score.) As she let him go he kissed her softly on her forehead and smiled at her. Walking over and sitting down he went on eating his breakfast, he looked up at her and smiled again, he saw Berlin finish her pancakes and wash it down with coffee, Santiago laughed as she left out a sigh of relief from her fullness as she pushed her plate back.

"My first thought is if you eat burgers for breakfast everyday."

Seeing her wink with a grin, he grinned back and replied...

"Well it's not always a food burger....Thats all your gonna eat love, it's all good. Watch me polish that off real quick, I can put away food like no other guy you've ever met. And I still look good naked. HAH."

He snickered and winked at her, as she continued to speak her mind Santiago listened, he felt a warm feeling in his chest as he looked into her eyes, he looked at her food and grabbed his fork, sticking it in the bacon he dipped it in the egg yolk and stuck it into a piece of egg white, he brought his fork to his mouth and made that food disappear, then he grabbed a few fries and ate them as well, he then took a bite of his burger and grabbed a strip of bacon from the Berlins plate, shoving that in his mouth he chewed it quickly and swallowed the result of it. Looking over at Berlin he smiled and said...

"I hope the way I eat doesn't bother you sweet heart. But i do eat like a pig, sorry for making you watch."

As she continued, Santiago couldn't help but laugh at her remarks, she was a funny girl on top of her being so pretty. He thought for a moment (Damn man I just scored big time, this girl is awesome.) He was happy that she was happy, he smiled at her and listened as she continued talking to him mentioning that she couldn't wait to get own bed and other things he grinned and responded saying....

"Well till you get your own bed you could share mine with me." He laughed and winked at her.

She asked him what his thoughts were on the whole thing, he looked deeply into her eyes and said...

"I can't wait for you to move in either, I mean you said you don't have much but your uniform and a toothbrush, you have a book bag and books. So if you want to, we'll pick up your toothbrush. I'm just glad that I can make you happy sweetie, you deserve something good in your life for once...Do you even want to go to class after we finish eating? Or do you want to go to my place?"

He smiled at her, licking his lips he chuckled a bit and took another big site of his burger, he chewed and swallowed his food, then he picked up his fork again he stuck it in one of the eggs and opened the top half of his burger and placed them on top. Taking another big bite he chewed happily and swallowed, he grabbed his orange juice and took a large glup to wash it down, grabbing some more fries he ate them and took another strip of bacon and ate it as well. Looking at her, Santiago smiled and said...

"When is your birthday Love?"

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 1, 2009 21:32:35 GMT -6 »

"Well it's not always a food burger....Thats all your gonna eat love, it's all good. Watch me polish that off real quick, I can put away food like no other guy you've ever met. And I still look good naked. HAH."

Naked?!

Berlin blushed softly.

"Help yourself. My tummy isn't used to too much but you just wait! I'll kick your butt in eating soon enough."

It was nice to be around someone so upbeat just like she was. Granted she was human and she still had her days where she was depressed and in need of someone just to hold her. But she had larned a long time ago that no one was going to hold her. She had to suck it up and find a way to make it better or deal with it. And she had. Which was why she was so optimistic. There were times she couldn't stand it, and for a day she would just be.. dejected and human.. feeling the pain of all the times she wished that she did have someone special. But now, she had to admit, Santiago seemed pretty special, maybe he would hold her, maybe.. at some point he would let her .. or help her work through so many things.

She wouldn't hold her breath though. Just in case.

"I hope the way I eat doesn't bother you sweet heart. But i do eat like a pig, sorry for making you watch."

Berlin laughed. And shook her head.

"Nope, you don't bother me Hun. Thing is I've been starving most of my life, and I've seen people eat that have way less manners than you. So I wouldn't worry about it."

In truth she had eaten messily too. And might have been more so if they weren't in such a public place. But she didn't want him to be embarassed to have brought her here. Not to mention if he was paying she didn't want to disgust him. But only time would tell, if he was going to feed her on a regular basis then she wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. Besides, Berlin was not the kind of girl that seemed to be grossed out by much of anything. Living on the streets gave you experiences that someone shouldn't ever have to live through.

"Well till you get your own bed you could share mine with me."

Her jaw opened slightly, and her eyes widened again, while her cheeks took on the hue of a cherry.

"I can .. cuddle? And sleep beside you? It'll be so comfy and I won't be so lonely.. " .... and I'll be so warm.. I miss being warm.

Berlin looked down for a moment her eyelashes catching the warm sunlight just outside the window, but she looked back up in the next breath. He really was turning into this great guy more so by the moment. She was sure that at some point he would have to have some kind of fault. Not everyone could be p perfect or one hundred percent perfect, but he was certainly well on his way.

"I can't wait for you to move in either, I mean you said you don't have much but your uniform and a toothbrush, you have a book bag and books. So if you want to, we'll pick up your toothbrush.

He was right, that was all she had left at her dorm was her few pairs of socks and her toothbrush, she had forgotten to mention her socks earlier. But she figured that she could carry it all in one hand anyway and it wasn't that it would matter in the long run. Her clothing, the jeans and sweatshirt, was in the bottom of her bag, which was a Walmart sack from buying shoes with her exboyfriend. So it wasn't like she really had much, but he was right they could just pick up her toothbrush and they would be able to move her in today, there was no reason to wait. She wished she had more things, but she knew that she would now. Now that she was moving in with Santi.

I'm just glad that I can make you happy sweetie, you deserve something good in your life for once...

"You are making me happy. And I can't thank you enough for it. I really wish I could, but I can't think of anything I have that's worth any sort of value. So.. thank you."

Do you even want to go to class after we finish eating? Or do you want to go to my place?"

Her eyes looked up at him. Berlin put her coffee cup to the side and leaned forward. Elbow on the table, her hand moved up cupping the side of her jaw again as she looked over at him. Her eyes meeting his own.

"Heck no! I don't want to do to crappy school and be humiliated again in front of more students that will laugh harder today than yesterday at the fact that I can't read and yet am the only one called on to do so in front of the class. So yeah, lets get my toothbrush and head the apartment. I want to see it and frankly I'm bushed."

Food and the lack of sleep had done it for the poor German named girl. She couldn't help bit if she got to moving around agian she would get a second wind. Or .. twelvth, she wasn't sure what number she was on anymore, merely that if she pushed her body it would go even further.

"When is your birthday Love?"

Her eyes shot to the ceiling as she gave it some thought. She had never gotten to celebrate her birthday so it wasn't like it was all that of an important day to her. Her brother had told her that they could spend all their money celebrating one day or they could use that money to spend to live for a while. It was a choice that she had made a long time ago her brother making his as well. She remembered once he had brought her a doll on her birthday. It had been old, well loved, missing an eye, having a torn dress and yarn for hair. But she was a doll and Berlin had never had one before. She had kept that doll for a long long time.. still had it, between her matress and her bedframe. It was her most prized possession.

"Cal said once.. it was.. May the 12th." she told him returning her eyes to him. "Only celebrated it once so it's not the easiest date to remember."

Berlin chuckled.

"When is your birthday? And uhh I forgot about a few things. I have some socks and one other thing in my dorm room but.. but nothing that I can't carry in one arm... so.. sorry about underestimating it.."

She blushed a bit and shrugged.

"Do you have any brothers and sisters?"

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 2, 2009 21:21:40 GMT -6 »

Laughing a bit as she blushed, when he mention he still looked good naked he could imagine what she was thinking, he only grinned. Looking out the window his mind began to trail off again, seeing the sky develop a thin black haze over it, he stared in confusion (Maybe it's the pollution...But then again it can't be seen, it's impossible. What is that stuff.) He shook his head and looked back at Berlin.

Taking her plate he wonder to himself (I wonder if I can tell her about my mental condition. it's bad but at the same time I manage to keep it under wraps. Ehh I'll wait a little later.)

Nodding as she said that she wasn't bothered by his eating, he dug into the rest of the eggs and bacon devouring it within a few moments it was gone and he was left with his burger and some fries. Looking down at the half finished burger and a handful of fries he grinned and grabbed some fries, throwing them down the hatch he chewed and swallowed quickly, looking over at Berlin he smiled at her and took a bite of his burger, chewing quickly he swallowed the resulting mush and took a third sip of his orange juice.

As he told her they could share his bed, her eyes widened, he smiled and nodded at her remarks thinking (She'll be plenty warm with this weather. But then again I do keep my A/C on during the night. I'll keep her warm in more then one way. HAHA) He grinned to himself, snickering a bit he looked at Berlin and took another bite of his burger, with a little bit left he chewed and swallowed, taking hte last bit to his mouth he chewed it up and ingested, looking to his plate he grabbed the last few fries and jammed them in his mouth, chewing on them he ingested them and washed it all down with a large gulp of orange juice.

He smiled as she told him how happy he had made her, he smiled at her and felt the urge to kiss her again, but he restrained himself and listened to her speak, she would thank him repeatedly and he would just smile. Looking at her endearingly he felt a bit dazed as he looked at her, sorta of feeling a bit higher as he looked into her eyes, it was a weird feeling, he was all warm and fuzzy for a little and then it went away...

"No worries love, Your very welcome and I'm glad I could help you out."

Asking her if she wanted to go to school, he looked down at his food and grabbed the remaining fries and made them disappear as soon as he grabbed them. Looking around he couldn't spot the waitress, so he just sat calmly across from Berlin, letting his mind drift a bit, before he snapped back into reality. Looking at her, he heard her respond to his question saying that she didn't want to return to school, that she was being humiliated there because of her lacking in her reading ability. So Santiago agreed with her because he didn't want to go back to school either, she also said she was tired so he would take her to her dorm, so she could get her toothbrush and socks.

Listening to her explain that she couldn't really remember her birthday, he smiled and thought (Well I could always just give her double the gifts on Christmas or valentine's day.) As she went on explaining how she never really celebrated her birthday, she would say that her brother told her it was on May twelfth, so Santiago would mentally note that day as her birthday to remember, so he could get her a nice gift.

He Sat back in his chair and looked behind her at an elderly couple that had just arrived and sat behind her, he thought (I wonder if I'm ever going to be with someone that long. Maybe me and Berlin might end up like that, Can't get, my hopes up, but I find myself hoping that we do. Only time will tell.) Looking over at her, she would ask him when his birthday was, he paused and remembered when it was, his mind felt a bit lost, but he managed to tell her...

"Mine..Umm it's August the tenth. I don't really do much but get high and drunk, oh and on occasion get laid. But usually just get messed up."

He scratched his head and laughed nervously, he felt a bit like she would roll her eyes at what he said, but he couldn't blame her, he guessed it was something of a quirk of his, he loved to party, but he assumed she did also. Eventually he would reveal his true quirk to her, he just hoped she wouldn't be scared by him. Hearing her ask him if he had siblings he shook his head and responded...

"No, I'm an only child, I'm glad though because with the stuff I've done I wouldn't my brother or sister following in my foot steps....What else do you wanna know about me. Ask anything you want."

berlin

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 7:49:57 GMT -6 »

"Mine..Umm it's August the tenth. I don't really do much but get high and drunk, oh and on occasion get laid. But usually just get messed up."

August tenth.

Berlin was already filing it away that was coming up soon would she have the money to help him celebrate it with? She doubted it, but maybe she could do something.. maybe she could cook something in the microwave. Or steal a cake! Or maybe something.. she would have to figure out what she could do so that he would have a good birthday since this year he had a girlfriend. Berlin didn't doubt he'd had girlfriends before, but she had to admit that she was glad she was his now. And she knew they would get along very well.

Wait what?!

He got laid and high?!

Somehow after knowing him for all of an hour, that didn't surprise her. But she supposed that everyone celebrated their birthday their own ways. So that meant that if it was how he wanted to celebrate another year in age, then he was free to do so. She just wondered if it would be the same this year. NOt that she wouldn't participate, she would, for him. But she wasn't sure what would happen, only time would tell.

"Well that sounds fun.. I guess.. uhhhh you're birthday is coming up pretty soon then huh? That's neat, we'll have to celebrate together."

Berlin beamed at him.

He looked over her shoulder, and her head turned to see what it might be he was looking at. There was an older couple sitting down to breakfast behind her and she smiled softly. She had not really run into many older people on the streets. Only because it was rare for someone without a home to live that long. But she had to admit they were sweet people for the most part. She hoped that she could grow old with someone like that. Knowing them in and out, through thick and thin, through bad and good. Turning back to look at Santiago the urge to be closer to him was dominating.

"No, I'm an only child, I'm glad though because with the stuff I've done I wouldn't my brother or sister following in my foot steps....What else do you wanna know about me. Ask anything you want."

Only child. Hmm that sucked

But then was she much different. She had Calgary for a while, but then he had gone leaving her alone. But she guess it was different because she missed him desperatly and yet she knew at the same time if he showed back up again she was going to tear into him so badly he would think the apocolypse had come! He told her that she could ask anything she wanted and her eyes filled with light you could almost see the question strolling across her eyes.

She popped up from her seat and moved around the table. Sitting in the booth beside him, on his side of the table. She turned her body, one leg curled up between them on the seat, the other hanging to the side. It wasn't the most ladylike position but her skirt covered the good bits. It was his eyes that she was concentrating on right now anyway. Besides she just wanted to be closer to him.

"Favorite color!? Food?!... annnnnd ummm.. Oh! How come you moved here?!"

She figured they could start there.

"Oh oh! Ask me anything too! I don't mind!"

santiago

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 21:44:15 GMT -6 »

Nodding to her in agreement, he wondered what she would give him for his upcoming birthday. Maybe she would make him something nice, he didn't know if she could cook, so he assumed they would go out and eat, maybe he would get laid, then again that was completely up to her if she wanted to have sex with him, though he knew she wouldn't regret it if she did. He looked at her as she responded and he nodded...

"Yep it is. I was thinking about throwing a party in the apartment, to get to know some people from school and all that good shit. I'm not to sure how to get it to happen, but I'll manage some how. If i end up changing my mind, we'll just go to dinner and maybe a club or a movie. How does that sound?"

He looked back at the elderly couple whom had just walked in, after a few seconds he looked back at Berlin when she asked if he had any siblings, he paused and responded, he already knew she had a sibling, though he was missing, so he didn't bother to ask about that. Wondering for a moment (She doesn't look like she has many skeleton's in her closet, which is good, but I wonder how she'll react once I show her mine. I really hope she doesn't get scared. I like her.) His thoughts seemed to distract him a bit longer then he wanted, but he saw that Berlin was lost in thought herself, so he let his gaze move to the window.

After a few minutes of looking out the window, he grabbed his orange juice and downed it quickly, not letting himself take any air in until he finished the cup, letting her know no question was off limits, he saw her eyes light up and he saw her rise from her seat and move next to him, he smiled and slid back a bit, giving her room to be comfortable. As she asked him three questions at once so he waited for her to finish before answering them for her...

"Well my favorite color is Red, my favorite food is this Colombian dish called a Bandeja Paisa and it come with Sausage, steak, rice, beans, avocado, egg, arepa which is a corn cake Colombian style, plantain and Chicharron which is a strip of pork rind...I moved here from New York City because my school choose a random selection of Students from several schools to come here to Chula Vista, my name happened to be on the list so i moved here, bringing my mother with me. I had a few thousand dollars saved for something like this so I managed to get an apartment for me and one for my mom, she still works so she pays her rent and anytime she needs help I give her money, plus I still have a few friends running things in New York so they send me my share of the money. So I have it pretty decent, I have things well worked out, but I don't always count on people to do my job, so I wanna set up shop here."

He paused for a moment and listened as she told him to ask her anything as well, so he thought for a moment (Hmmm, What could I ask her. She told me her basic life story, she might've left out some grimy details. But what can I ask her...Oh yeah, I'll ask her what she asked me.) Just as he was about to ask her the questions the waitress came over and said...

Gina: "Are you guys all set or do you need anything else."

Santiago: "No thats all Gina, thank you."

She nodded and smiled, grabbing her order booklet she ripped out their bill and handed it to Santiago, he looked at it and saw the total was twenty-three dollars and forty-eight cents, so he set it on the table and reached into his pocket for his wallet, he pulled it out and from it he withdrew a twenty dollar bill, a five dollar bill and three single dollar bills, setting them on top of the bill he slid it to the middle of the table and he looked back at Berlin and asked her his question...

"Well...What's your Favorite color and Food. And were you born here or did you move here as well?"