Author Topic: Extreme Measures (Read 1,042 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:10:25 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Flash of light with no recovered bullets or casings as stated previously! Nothing else of note!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:13:44 GMT -6 »

So everything identical to shooting someone with a gun - well, one of the guns that had bullets anyway - without actually firing one. Hm.

If he can search Paradigm records and files in this room, he'll look for if that sounds like a power belonging to anyone on file! If not he'll make it a note-to-self to go hunting around.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:20:00 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

There isn't one on file!

((At least none gm can think of either!))

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:30:04 GMT -6 »

Hm, and if it had been a laser weapon of some kind, there would've been some sort of beam, not just a bang and a flash of red.

He suspects it's a waste of time, but he reviews any incident reports they have of past attacks, to see if witness statements say anything consistent about the possible "shooter".

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:41:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Has anyone been able to calculate how much time had passed between the sound of the shot and the flash of light before the body gets hit?"

This would hopefully give them an idea of how close the "shooter" was to the target before assassination.

"Also have there been any survivers that have been shot by this mystery gunman?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 1:41:36 GMT -6 »

"Good questions."

Points to that guy he doesn't know! Aaron includes them in the search he's already doing, though he's not sure much will be found.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:19:04 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

No one has seen the shooter thus far, so unfortunately no reported descriptions!

Reports vary. Some suggest close range such as a pistol whereas other have a pause between shot and sound, suggesting a longer range rifle!

There have been a few survivors but it's expected they were not intended targets and just collateral damage.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:20:11 GMT -6 »

No chance there's footage available of any of the attacks, be it from the news or internet video sites?

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:22:01 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Phone video of one!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:25:08 GMT -6 »

Aaron pulls it up to watch! He feels uncomfortable doing it, but maybe there's something there. Phones in the 2030s should be pretty damn good at video and stuff.

He's especially watching for if anyone seems to be acting strangely, either before or right after the attack. Maybe it's a long shot but there could be something.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:37:34 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

If by strangely he means mass panic, then many people do! Otherwise, no such luck.

He sees the man giving hate speech about metahumans for about four minutes before there's a small flash of red light at his forehead, splattering his brains behind him right before the sound resounds and everyone starts to panic, video ending shortly after.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:45:24 GMT -6 »

Well. He isn't sure what he was expecting.

Seeing a man's brains splatter all over in HD makes him need to sit down though, and he goes pale even by the standards of his already fair complexion.

That man hated people like Aaron, he'd said so many foul things in the video, but he didn't deserve to die. Aaron had eaten before coming down here and now it feels like a mistake, as his stomach fills with a watery sensation and he takes a couple deep breaths. What had he expected? This is the kind of thing he'll have to see as an agent, as a hero, as someone who might be fighting the Empire in Europe one day - shouldn't he be able to handle it?

Well, one thing at a time. That man had a family, people who loved him, people who felt he was a good man despite his prejudices - Aaron was going to stop his killer from hurting anyone else, and give closure to those he left behind.

What was that victim's name?

« Last Edit: Nov 2, 2015 3:26:53 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 2:52:26 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Henry Green, according to the comments.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 3:01:11 GMT -6 »

Well, rest in peace, Mr. Green. For what it's worth, Aaron's sorry you had to die that way. And that Paradigm couldn't protect you.

Out of curiosity, and while he waits to hear Eithne's findings (not having been reading over her shoulder while she researched what he asked for!), Aaron drags the video back to the flash first appearing and pauses, forcing back acid that starts to rise in his throat. On his forehead - does the location give him anything that could give a clue as to where the shot came from? Dead centre vs. off to the side, for example, or maybe the size of it indicating angle or proximity.

He's not exactly a trained forensic analyst though, so who knows if he'll get anything. He just wants to not feel useless right now.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 3:29:47 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

It looks like a high angle, otherwise hard to tell.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 3:34:20 GMT -6 »

High angle, so there was a bit of distance there. Shooter didn't want to be caught in the mob once they stampeded, makes sense.

If he looks at this damn video any more he's going to throw up, though, so he exits out of it in a hurry. Still pale, he goes back to the reports on the past shootings - there were both close range and long range shots on file, but was one more common than the other? Anything to indicate a preference?

It's all busywork, probably. He just doesn't want to be sitting around doing nothing while the intel agent in the room gets what she needs.

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer Avatar

The siren's song has been silenced.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 8:54:31 GMT -6 »

"Looks like the main speaker is one Dr. Franklin, from SIU." Miranda pulls up his picture on her phone and shows the agents who are currently around her. She frowns at the sound of the people screaming and looks at the computer Aaron's at, only to look away a couple seconds later. Her stomach keeps flipping, anyway.

Any information on correlations between Henry Green and the good doctor, or just that they are/were speakers in the rallies?

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 9:58:30 GMT -6 »

Enya gives the exact location and the fact 1000 people has rsvp'd.

If Aaron's on a computer she does watch the video he found, not seeming too affected.

"Bad way to go." she comments, sort of wishing she could examine the corpse. But if they get unlucky, the speaker might die and then she'll get her chance.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 12:53:51 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Of those survivers were any of them shot by the 'gun' if do are there any medical reports to give us a better description of the damage done. I.e. phsycal trauma burning on the skin etc."

This would help them find how better to protect themselves on the mission if they knew what weapon or power was being used and how it damaged the body.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 14:28:12 GMT -6 »

Aaron will let him look that one up on his own, unless one of the others picks up the slack. He's digesting the information Eithne found anyhow. 1000 people, huh? That's going to make this a lot more difficult. He looks up the location she gave them, to see what they're looking at - how big an area it is, if the event is indoors or outdoors, stuff like that.

"We should probably go down to visit this place and scout it out before the rally. If we've got a good idea of the lay of the land, it'll be easier to make a plan."

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 14:36:25 GMT -6 »

"Oh, that reminds me...we should check out the day it's on to see how much time we have." she says, doing exactly that!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 15:34:47 GMT -6 »

Piper had kept silent as they all talked, trying to think of what this person might be using, what they might be doing. She nibbled idly on her lower lip, glancing towards the other two girls. She didn't really know either of them.

"Where was the last one?" she asked the blonde. "If we can get there, we can scout out the area, look at the angles, and see if we can't figure out where he was shooting from." S

She glanced back towards Aaron. "We need to get an M.O. on this guy before we try going after him. It'll be easier if two of us take the last place that was hit and the other three take the new place. We can scout and reconvene." She gave a slight shrug, trying to figure things out in her head.

The light and the damage appeared before the sound. Like lightning striking before thunder. That delay felt... crucial.

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer Avatar

The siren's song has been silenced.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 15:43:34 GMT -6 »

Miranda nods and starts looking into Angel and Piper's questions.

"True. Depending on when the next rally is, though, we may not have much time." If any.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 19:28:04 GMT -6 »

Aaron factors checking when the rally is supposed to happen into his search!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 2, 2015 22:23:02 GMT -6 »

Next rally is in 3 days! Its an outdoor rally on a college campus!

All injuries are exactly like that of a bullet wound, except no bullet.

Quick Reply