Author Topic: Extreme Measures (Read 735 times)
Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:28:13 GMT -6 »

Since the others are upon him, Enya feels like it's safe to start heading out!

How easily could she make it through the crowd to get to the building?

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:31:50 GMT -6 »

Well that could have gone better, but the speaker was alive at least.

"Someone just tried to blow your head off, if you didn't notice, and it wasn't me. Get backstage!"

That's where there was some cover! Hopefully, his team was already on the shooter, he knew Piper was probably fast enough to have gotten to the roof by now, but that left him having to figure out how to get through this crowd without hurting any of them. He sends the shadows surrounding him forwards to engulf Dr. Franklin and the people rushing the stage, but doesn't solidify it or anything, adding it to the semicircle he created to veil them and hopefully slow them down - since they wouldn't be able to see, the thought was it'd make him balk.

Then he heads off the back end of the stage and books it out and around to try to get to the building the shooter was on! That'll, hopefully, take him around the bulk of the crowd and give him a straight shot!

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer Avatar

The siren's song has been silenced.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:38:00 GMT -6 »

Miranda stays away from the crowd so they don't notice the girl singing while they're tossing things at Angel. Hopefully their ammo doens't goet worse.

She's headed for the building with the shooter and Piper.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:39:13 GMT -6 via mobile »

She connected with him before she could take much of his appearance in and her hands shot out for the gun, trying to grab it. However, his leg connected with her and she cursed, fairly loudly, and used her free hand to try and grab him to keep herself from falling. It was really mostly instinct driving her on.

In one hand, she'd have the gun, in the other, his jacket, the only thing she could probably get her fingers around. "Woah woah woah, man!" She shouted, trying to... Not die.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:43:09 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would make his skin harden and turn scaly and reptilian hopefully to reduce any damage he received and he would climb faster, hearing Piper struggling he rushed to get up the wall faster!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:50:33 GMT -6 »

Its crowded as people rush for Angel, but Enya should be able to get through after some time of weaving through the crowd!

Angel keeps climbing though he takes a book to the back of his head!

Piper grabs the jacket! He grabs her wrist, breaking it off from his jacket but not letting her fall, instead using it to pull her back up to safety as she teeters on the edge!

"Careful...!" Its a voice changer that comes from the helmet!

Aaron's shadows make everyone pause but only momentarily! Another man on stage goes to tackle Aaron as everyone begins to mob the stage once more chanting freak!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:53:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

Piper throws the gun down as she dangles, hoping Aaron or Angel will grab it, and squeals until...

He grabs her?

He brings her back up to safety and she moves to rub her wrist, unable to stop the shaking. "Guys," she says into the comm, "Give me a minute with him. I got this."

Then, she would turn to the attacker, paying attention to every detail she could gather.

"You saved me?"

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 1:54:48 GMT -6 by Sarah White » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:54:11 GMT -6 »

Aaron makes the man's own shadow grab his ankles and trip him to the floor! He'll take a bit of a bump, but he'll be fine. Come on, Aaron, stay calm...

He calls up a cloud of darkness around himself so the crowd won't be able to see him well enough to pursue, then tries the plan with sneaking off the back of the stage and out to head to the shooter's building.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 1:54:21 GMT -6 »

And weave she does, not paying any mind to her teammates getting attacked by the crowd! She'll head up to the roof as soon as she can!

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:00:14 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would grind his teeth and jerk his head up and see a gun heading for him! Reaching out he would snag the gun out of the air. Then he would look for the nearest window above him and bust through it! Once inside he would roll into his back and aim the rifle up at the ceiling!

"Fine but if you need to run you tell me immediately and then move as quick as possible."

Then Angel would focus his attention to the sounds above him as soon as the shooter made any sounds he would aim the rifle at that location and wait for the go ahead.

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:08:36 GMT -6 »

Miranda pauses for breath! Then she changes over to a song for endurance/durability, because Aaron's going to need it.

Is there anything around that she can use as a distraction for the people milling about?

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:10:09 GMT -6 »

Angel breaks into a dorm, sending co-eds running and screaming! He might also note that there's nothing in the gun, the red energy having disappeared!

Enya makes it to the building, where other people are entering after Angel broke a window!

The man is tripped. "Follow the shadows!" Dr. Franklin points at the darkness and tries to direct people after Aaron!

The shooter has a motorcycle jacket with some sort of kevlar underneath as well as a high tech looking motorcycle helmet. There's no real logos or writing to note.

"Yeah. Now save yourself and get out of here. Your team too." He turns and heads for the roof access door!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:10:47 GMT -6 »

THere's a large bell in the middle of campus!

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:11:34 GMT -6 »

Miranda runs to the bell as well as she can without losing the ability to sing! 

Anything she can hit it with?

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 2:12:50 GMT -6 by R.I.P. Miranda Fischer » Back to Top  
Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:14:12 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Wait!" She shouts, trying to follow after him. They had his gun and she knew the team was already chasing after him. "Why? Why did you save me but try to kill him?"

With everybody already nearby, already trying to get after the others, she knew they were going to have to leave. And fast. She knew she couldn't admit that she didn't care about the speaker, or really anyone there (aside from a few), but...

"Why?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:19:18 GMT -6 »

Ungrateful piece of...

No, Aaron. Don't think like that. You knew this man probably wouldn't be thankful even if you did save him. You don't help people for praise, you do it because it's right.

Aaron keeps running, and expands the cloud so that "following the shadows" will be much easier said than done - sure, they can see the big blot of darkness, but he's willing to bet they can't tell where he is in all of it.

Is there a fire escape or anything on the side of the building? If not, this was going to be harder, because he was going to try something his mom said was possible, had done herself, but he'd not tried in the field yet. Not counting that time he sent a wall after a Legion bot.

He'll turn some of the surrounding darkness into a platform under his feet, and try to raise it up as high as he can. If that's all the way to the roof, great. If it's just to a window, or to a fire escape, he'll go in through there and book it to roof access, wherever that is in relation to him. To make it safer, he doesn't just lift it straight into the air like she would have, instead building up more and more darkness into the platform beneath him to make it taller and taller until it reaches where he needs to be; it should be too smooth a surface for anyone who catches up to grab onto and climb.

If it fails entirely, though, he'll just run through the front door.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 10:27:01 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 2:28:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel sighed. Of course it's empty. Either way... If the gun had a strap he would throw it over his shoulder if not he would just hold it in his arms and make his way up to the roof. Hopefully he would run into the shooter.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 6:11:33 GMT -6 »

If that makes it difficult to enter she'll start spewing out miasma.

Making everyone around her sick should get them out of the way.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 22:59:29 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Miranda sees random objects that may have been thrown at Angel!

Enya certainly can but it may draw attention towards her. Does she still attempt it?

Aaron thinks he may be able to make the platform, though it would require dropping the shroud. Which does he choose to keep?

Angel slings the rifle over his shoulder! He can make it to the roof his next post!

---

The shooter stops.

"I tried to kill him to save you. All people like you."

Unless Piper grabs him, he'll head down the stairs where Angel will see him, otherwise will still be on the roof if she does.

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 23:02:46 GMT -6 »

Miranda grabs the most solid looking, heavy object object they had thrown at Angel and swings with all her might to ring that bell!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 23:03:58 GMT -6 »

Platform. He can shield himself with it if he has to anyway, and he seems to have a good lead on the crowd. He'll just push it up as fast as he can,  and if he gets really pressed for time it's a matter of diving through the first window he gets to and booking it for roof access.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 23:07:50 GMT -6 »

Yes. She has an unfortunate lack of fear.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 13, 2015 23:08:59 GMT -6 via mobile »

She would reach out to grab him, to try to keep him on the roof with her a little longer. "Save us from what?" She asked. "Their bigotry is just bullshit. It's not like its doing anything. Is there... More behind this?"

Piper furrowed her brows, trying to stay closer to him, to get whatever answers she could out of him.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 14, 2015 0:43:55 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Strapped for time he is! Aaron dives through the window!

People puke around Enya! Suspicion turns to instant hate as the next wave behind them run after Enya as she reaches the door!

Miranda breaks a large stick over the bell! About half of those chasing Enya and Aaron stop to turn and look at her!

---

"People like him always lead to death." He puts his hand on her shoulder.

"...I know you have a team here. Tell them to stand down."

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 14, 2015 0:49:10 GMT -6 »

Enya starts to laugh at her apparently mistake, trying really hard to get through the door! At least the door would slow down the flow of people chasing her!

"I apologize!" she calls out, for the sake of it. "Crowds make me nervous!"

Quick Reply