Author Topic: Extreme Measures (Read 737 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 20:41:43 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

((Aaron, Piper, Angel, Enya, Miranda))

The team arrives to the anti Meta hate rally at Southern Illinois University! The speaker hasn't taken stage yet but there's a good crowd already gathered.

The stage is set right in front of a large fountain with people gathered nearly 360 degrees around it, though primarily in front.

There's a few tall surrounding buildings, three dorm buildings and two classrooms, ranging from 3-10 stories.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 20:47:48 GMT -6 »

((Well I don't have to check out until 2 PM tomorrow, so I can be here for a bit tonight.))

Aaron is lurking in the shadows of the stage, cloaking himself in enough darkness to not be spotted. He has his comm turned way down low so he can still hear but hopefully won't be overheard!

The plan had been pretty simple. Put some people on the tall buildings, have them take the best firing positions and use 'em to watch the crowd. Have one person - he'd noted his preference for Angel due to his superior senses - moving through the crowd and checking for anyone who seemed suspicious. They were all watching for anyone who seemed to be going for a weapon or moving to somewhere with a clear shot on the speaker.

Aaron? He was where he was so he could move as quickly as possible to protect the speaker, when their shooter revealed himself.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

I assure you I mean well.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 21:35:49 GMT -6 »

Enya stays outside of the crowd, trying to position herself in a way that she can see most of the buildings without it being too hard to see.

She has a knife concealed under her dress, strapped to her thigh.

Just in case.

She's doing her best to look for suspicious activity up there!

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer Avatar

The siren's song has been silenced.

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 21:48:58 GMT -6 »

Miranda is also not by a building, as it would do her little good. She is scoping the area with Enya, similarly equipped and also with a comm. She wonders at one point if her buffs will work over the comm system!

She's looking at the other set of buildings, just in case.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 21:55:24 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

From the ground they can't see half the rooftops very well, and there are a great deal of windows lining the buildings, specifically the dorms!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 22:02:08 GMT -6 »

One would think someone who knows somebody is murdering anti-metahuman leaders would pick a better location for his speech. Only a fool would put their rally here! Aaron keeps quiet about it though, because to show his frustration would be to risk ruining his cover.

He does scan the windows and rooftops he can see from here though, along with running his eyes over the crowd. Any one of these could be a firing position. So little to work with here...

They should have let him warn this guy.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 22:08:34 GMT -6 »

Well, luckily if someone is shooting from the roof they can't see too well either if they're just standing in the middle. Should be okay....

Should...

Since there's nothing on the roof yet, Enya's mostly curious about windows that are at all opened. Even slightly!

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 6, 2015 22:09:58 GMT -6 »

Same for Miranda! She squints up at the windows if there's a glare.  Her player is just slow tonight.

[COMMS] "Piper.  Angel.  Are you in position?"

« Last Edit: Nov 7, 2015 13:26:34 GMT -6 by R.I.P. Miranda Fischer » Back to Top  
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 7, 2015 18:03:42 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

There's not a great deal of windows open comparatively to those closed, but more than they can count on both hands. There's a glare coming from the west and a slight from the north!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 9, 2015 0:08:29 GMT -6 »

(I was waiting for Angel and Piper, but let's bump this so it doesn't die.)

Does the glare look like it's just the sun reflecting off windows, or more like light flashing off a scope?

Aaron considers darkening all the open windows, but that would take time and energy, and give away his presence. He wonders where the speaker is!

« Last Edit: Nov 9, 2015 0:51:12 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 9, 2015 0:13:20 GMT -6 »

Enya tries to pay attention to the north one!

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 9, 2015 1:19:01 GMT -6 »

Miranda breaks away from Enya a bit to see if she can get a better angle for those windows!

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 9, 2015 20:39:18 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would be dressed in a long black duster that covered his body, black tripps, and combat boots as well as fake piercings on his lip and ears. He figured if he looked like a goth kid he would be just enough of a freak people wouldn't go near him but not enough to make them yell meta and start a commotion. But dressed in his disguise he would walk around and sniff out the area as well as keeping his eyes out for anyone that seemed either too fit in way too much or not at all. Hopefully everything would go down without having to resort to plan B. Which consisted of the tracking device he had given to Piper so she could see where he was if they got separated.

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 9, 2015 22:35:52 GMT -6 »

No one in the crowd seems to be sticking out, though there is a quite a bit to look for!

Same can be said of the glares. There's a large glare off the windows as is. Aaron doesn't see a rifle scope, but he's not 100% sure that means there couldn't be one there somewhere.

The North building however Enya can see a little better as the glare isn't as bad. There's a few people standing in the windows but nothing overly alarming.

The crowd starts clapping as the speaker waves, walking on stage towards the podium!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 10, 2015 13:49:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

Piper lounges exactly where she had been told, just outside the crowd. She had a knife in her boot and her hands and wrists wrapped, just in case. The green haired girl looked almost bored as she watched the people coming in to the rally, trying to spot anyone particularly interesting. She kept tossing a coin into the air and catching it with one hand, waiting.

"I'm good," she cooed into the device, looking down at the tracker to see where Angel was.

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2015 13:50:26 GMT -6 by Sarah White » Back to Top  

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 10, 2015 18:55:09 GMT -6 »

"I'm going to check out the West building, okay?" Enya would say to Miranda, smiling and heading for it! What floor did the glare-y windows look like they were on?

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 0:47:13 GMT -6 »

"Alright." Miranda nods and watches as Enya heads off to the other building, listening to the people around her as she tries to get a better look at the speaker.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 1:04:12 GMT -6 »

Aaron trusts his team to update him by comm! He alternates his attention between the speaker and their surroundings!

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 1:15:57 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

4th to 7th floor where sun was hitting them! That building is a dormitory!

"Welcome People Over Powers! I'm moved by how many of you have shown up today..." People cheer as he wipes away a fake tear.

Eithne Reagan
Mentor
Intelligence

Eithne Reagan Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 6:16:34 GMT -6 »

Oh, well, that should be easy!

Is she able to get in or does she need a pass? If she can get in she'll start heading for where she thinks that 4th floor window was, first. Otherwise she'll try to see if there's anyone she can convince to let her in.

Angel Black
Agent
Defense

Angel Black Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 14:24:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel would be walking around the the podium not too close to arouse suspicion. But close enough that he could dive on stage quickly if he had too. He would keep his senses keen attempting to find something even the smallest thing that felt off in the air.

R.I.P. Miranda Fischer
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 15:03:47 GMT -6 »

Miranda keeps an eye on the north building, just in case there's a change.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 11, 2015 15:18:05 GMT -6 »

Aaron continues lurking in the shadows near Dr. Franklin, but not so near he'll be alerted to comm chatter, the sounds of Aaron's breathing, anything like that. If they can spot the attack before it happens, he'd have more than enough time to step in, at least. He'll alternate between scanning the crowd and watching the two buildings, idly listening to the speech.

If anyone looks like they're trying to move through the crowd to get closer to Dr. Franklin, he'll focus on them.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015 1:17:35 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 12, 2015 0:10:57 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Enya can do so! Security seems lax! Does she try and see out a hallway window or try entering a dorm?

Aaron and Miranda see nothing overly suspicious! The speaker however begins throwing out some slurs and saying not too nice things about metahumans.

People are starting to take notice of Angel as he pushes himself towards the front! He thinks he can smell the faint smell of gun oil.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Extreme Measures
« Nov 12, 2015 0:15:32 GMT -6 »

Aaron doesn't care about the slurs! This guy's a dick, but he doesn't deserve to be murdered. Every human life has value, and if they can save him today... everybody can change, right?

Well, okay, he does care about some of those very mean things being said, but he does a good job pushing it under the surface. Still watching, still listening, and still ready to spring into action the moment he's needed. There's a big crowd out there, but that's what he has a whole team for.

He really hopes Angel's senses will come through like he's betting on.

Quick Reply