Author Topic: You Wanted to Learn? (Daniel) (Read 521 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

You Wanted to Learn? (Daniel)
« Nov 19, 2015 13:27:52 GMT -6 »

---

Rebecca was in the training room, stretching as she waited for Daniel to appear. It had been a couple of days since he'd given her his number in hopes of getting her to teach him about Mathew, an idea that was still ridiculous to her. The desire for an outlet as well as another training partner, however, had won out, so here she was. Waiting.

It would be interesting to see what would come of this. Hopefully, he would learn whatever he thought he needed.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 12:53:13 GMT -6 »

Daniel would walk in, having stretched back in his room. He wore black shorts and a white T-shirt, giving a little grin and a wave as he approached.

"Hey! So...before we start, I thought I'd ask. What IS your power?"

He didn't plan to use his but....he was curious.

« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2015 12:53:02 GMT -6 by Daniel Bradshaw » Back to Top  

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 13:45:59 GMT -6 »

Rebecca looks up at the sound of footsteps and nods, finishing her stretch before rising to her feet. Dressed as she normally does for training, she looks at ease in the room. Her lips twitch in a slight smile at the question. He had finally asked, rather than just ignored it.

"Death touch." She waggles her fingers, hands gloved. Since she's not intending to use her powers, she's fully covered. "Things decay if I touch them."

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 13:47:57 GMT -6 »

He blinked.

"Bad. Ass."

That. That is a power that could be incredibly devastating. Of course, it was another power he would absolutely hate to have.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, your power sucks even more than I do as far as how bad it can fuck with your life but still.....Bad ass."

He would crack his neck and step closer, bringing his hands up with palms facing toward her in a Muay Thai pose.

"No powers then. Lets rumble."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 20, 2015 17:24:42 GMT -6 »

Bad ass? That wasn't something she'd heard much, not until Paradigm. She lets it roll off of her, especially since Daniel seems to understand that bad ass didn't always mean enjoyable.

"Something like that." She slips into the defensive stance she'd seen Mathew fall on in training, since her own experience isn't that great.

She should probably look into changing that.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 22, 2015 1:51:30 GMT -6 »

Danny would move forward, and once close enough would jump to the right (her left) and then step left, throwing a hard right cross for the side of her face. His left would shift down for defense.

Might as start off simple, right?

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 17:33:51 GMT -6 »

Rebecca sidesteps the moment she sees Daniel doing so, going left as he goes right. She's used to evading for a time, and there are no spikes or other room-based traps to hinder that now.

She drops into a crouch as he swings, shifting her weight to kick the back of his knees.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 17:38:21 GMT -6 »

Dan was kicked! As he fell, his body would turn toward her, his right hand slamming down into the ground to stop him as his feet would plant. Almost as soon as they touched he would kick off, spinning on the palm to try and kick her in the face!

He would wince if it hit. She was pretty....he didn't want to mess that up.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 23, 2015 17:51:47 GMT -6 »

She didn't stop to stagnate or being an easy target. After the kick connects, she pulls herself back, raising an arm on instinct to protect her face as she sees the foot flying towards her. It hits her arm and glances off her shoulder with their combined movements.

"Not bad." She grabs the foot he tried to kick her with, slamming a fist into the attached knee to take it out if she can.

Apparently, it's a knee day.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 24, 2015 12:10:58 GMT -6 »

As his leg was grabbed he did the simple thing- using her own arm and strength as a base to remain propped up on his arm, he pulled on the leg and kicked out with the other one, this time aiming for her face.

"My power might not be awesome, but I know how to fight."

Maybe no as well as he'd hoped, but he was getting better.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 24, 2015 12:23:19 GMT -6 »

There were two things Daniel would be able to pick up on during is fight with Rebecca: she's not a trained or knowledgeable fighter, and she protects her head and face when at all possible.

When he lifts up and she sees the motion, she changes tactics. Rather than punch out the knee to the leg she's holding, she jabs her elbow into the leg that's coming at her, not aiming at any specific spot as she twists her head and shoulders to the side. She kicks at him with her free leg, dropping the one she'd currently held captive and lets her body twist the rest of the way so that she's able to turn to face him.

"Good for you." It's a neutral observation, especially since she's fighting.

She pushes to her feet, wary of a follow up attack as she considers what training she has had. She doesn't have to worry about anything except Daniel himself, and he doesn't have to worry about touching her more than she does the fact he could just pop up behind her. But she needs to keep the fight in her favor and stay focused. She's built better for speed than strength, so she's going for that for now, keeping distance between them.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 25, 2015 12:09:47 GMT -6 »

The sole of Dan's foot would hit her elbow, his arm coming down to palm the front of the shin of the leg she kicked at him with, not grabbing so she could back away. He would flip to the side and back to his feet, grinning.

His own training with Mathew had helped him, it seemed. Not to mention that brawl with Mark.

He would bring his hands up in a boxing stance, shifting forward to throw a simple left jab with the goal of keeping her eyes on his fists. He wanted her to retaliate to the punch with a block/grab + counter rather than a simple dodge.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 25, 2015 13:37:41 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Shaking out the tingling in her arm, Rebecca does indeed dodge by taking another step back and circling him.

Her first group training with Mark included a warning that jabs are often meant for a distraction, often with a follow up punch.

"I'm curious. What makes you think I've only been training with Mr. Amtrum?" She's keeping an eye on his stance for now.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 25, 2015 18:24:03 GMT -6 »

He wouldn't follow up, instead letting out a little breath that she dodged. Dammit. He would stand up and watch her.

"I never said he was. Just that you've trained with him more than me. So you must know more about how he fights, right? How to beat him?"

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 25, 2015 19:25:46 GMT -6 »

"Well, that depends. How often have you trained against him?" Aside from that one time in his office, of course.

"Fighting against me is one thing, but what have you learned from those fights?" She stops circling and straightens. "I know how I plan to go at Mr. Amtrum, say, rather than another student. What have you noticed him constantly doing? What does he do specifically against you, considering your power?

"Have you ever seen him move from his position unless he wants to? What about room attacks? Anything consistent in other attacks?" She could tell him one of each, but the point was to get Daniel to think about who he was fighting and how to handle it, no matter what his actual physical skills.

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2015 19:27:31 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2015 15:56:53 GMT -6 »

"He makes contact spikes. I hit him, and wherever I strike, he makes spikes pop out. It basically gives me four hits against him- one for each limb. I can't prevent him from using spikes and so far I haven't had a weapon. Maybe....I should try one."

Dan still didn't think that would work but it was all he had to go on.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2015 18:09:20 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Something to note for her own future raining sessions, then. Rebecca nods, lips pursed as she folds her arms over her chest.

"You could, but I think you need to think beyond just the weapon. Not that it's a bad idea. As for me," she taps her left shoulder, even though he can't see anything, "he likes back attacks. And stabbing people in general. Tutorial gives him free reign because it's metal, and he's capable of using the whole room without breaking a sweat."

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 3:15:03 GMT -6 »

He watched her. After glancing down at her hands he would clear his throat and walk over to her.

"Will you....do me a favor?"

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 29, 2015 6:51:10 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

She straightens further at the sudden change in demeanor, but doesn't tell Daniel to back off. She tilts her head slightly, curious and watching for any sign of a sneak attack.

"Depends on the favor. What do you have in mind?"

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 12:18:39 GMT -6 »

He would look her in the eye.

"I want you to touch me with your power."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 12:20:33 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

She raises her brows at the request, but doesn't day no.

"What changed your mind?"

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 12:21:55 GMT -6 »

He shrugged.

"Nothing...I never said your power was scary, just awesome. Plus...I wanna know what it feels like."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 12:29:56 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

...What kind of person has she agreed to help?

"Alright." She shrugs and pushes up the sleeve of her shirt to make removing her gloves easier.

She grips his forearm with her bare hand, letting the decay progress at it's usual rate. After a couple seconds, the flesh darkens and begins to blister. Within a minute, the skin starts to peel.

If he hasn't moved his hand away for any of it yet, it will also start to hurt! Though if he pulls away at any point, she doesn't fight him.

Daniel Bradshaw
Student
Paradigm Student

Daniel Bradshaw Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 30, 2015 13:30:52 GMT -6 »

Dan would watch with wide eyes as the skin blackened, then blistered. He winced as a light pain came in, then would slowly pull away as a heavier pain would come in a well.

"Ahhhh shit.....that hurts."

He brought the arm up, wiggling his fingers and wincing through the dull, aching pain. Likely, his body was in shock which prevented the bulk of the pain hitting him.

"That is so cool....can you do it to stuff that's like...rock, metal, etcetera?"

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 1, 2015 18:12:41 GMT -6 »

It's a good thing Enya is one of her podmates, or else this would be very awkward. Shaking her head, Rebecca starts to replace the glove, but decides against it and takes the other off instead, stretching and enjoying the freedom. Not like she's going to be able to rot much here.

"Nah, just organic stone. Metal, wood, plastic, any of it. I decay, not destroy." She steps back and puts her hand against one of the walls to emphasize her point. "I guess it's limited, but I'm learning things with it and tactics." She frowns at his arm. "You'll want to get that looked at, though. They're used to seeing my stuff by now, so it shouldn't be too bad.

"What about you? Do you have any limits on distance? Do you have to know where you're popping in and out of in gneeral, or do you have to have a reference?"

Quick Reply