Author Topic: Reach Out (Erika) (Read 534 times)
Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 20, 2015 23:37:53 GMT -6 »

"You keep telling me what a good person I am. But I sure as shit don't see you opening this cell door. But you believe in me."

Yeah, she didn't buy it.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 20, 2015 23:43:24 GMT -6 »

"I can't break you out, but my parents are fairly important people. They know people. I can talk to them, they'll talk to people they know, and we can get you a deal."

Not only would he get his head blown off his shoulders within seconds of even trying to let Erika out, most likely, but he wasn't going to let her run on out of here and possibly kill more people. He believed in her, but he wasn't a fool.

"And maybe I can only imagine the kind of pain you're in, but if it were me? I don't think I could hurt people the exact same way I'd been hurt. I couldn't make somebody feel that pain when I knew exactly what it felt like. And if people I knew were doing it, I don't think I could sit by and let it happen, especially if I knew they were still out there and would try again. I don't think you're cold enough for that."

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 20, 2015 23:45:46 GMT -6 »

She looks away and folds her arms over her shoulders.

"Come back with a deal and we will talk."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 20, 2015 23:49:02 GMT -6 »

"I will. But here's one to whet your appetite: help us stop this, make sure your friends can't hurt any more families the way you were hurt, and I'll make sure Ralph Bennett and his buddies never hurt anybody again."

He wouldn't kill them, but maybe he could scare them straight.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 20, 2015 23:58:04 GMT -6 »

She snorts.

"That will already be taken care of."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 0:08:15 GMT -6 »

"By your 'friends,' I presume."

No judgements, just getting things in the air. Especially since he assumes all this is being recorded by security.

"I'll get you a lawyer, and he'll talk to you about deals. If you ever want to talk to me, personally, here."

Aaron pulls out a pen and tears a page off the notepad he brought in case Erika told him anything important. Then he wrote down his mobile number and slid it under the cell door.

"Keep that on you, I'll tell the guards you have it so they don't confiscate it if they search your cell. Whenever you want to talk to me, whether it's about helping us with this or not, have them call that number and I'll pick up by the third ring."

Then he would take a few steps away, bring out his phone and start dialling.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 0:10:00 GMT -6 »

She doesn't move from her seat.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 0:15:00 GMT -6 »

There also isn't enough room to slide the paper under the cell door!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 0:16:04 GMT -6 »

Right then and there, so she knew he was serious, he called his mother. Even though it was a private conversation, he made a point of letting Erika hear his side of it - the brief checking up on each other, and the getting down to brass tacks. Someone he knew in the Vault needed a lawyer. Yes, he was fine, all his friends were fine. Woman named Erika. Right, right. Could they spare one of the family lawyers for this, just this once, as a favour. Yes, he knew he was asking a lot. Yes, everything was safe. No, they wouldn't regret this. Thanks! Love you too. Bye.

Then, he looked up at Erika and gave her a smile.

"Mr. Montcroix will be getting a call from her in a few minutes, then he'll take the first plane he can to San Diego. He should be here and talking to you by eight."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 0:16:40 GMT -6 »

^ Then before the call, instead of sliding the paper under the door, he held it up so Erika could read it! Assume the dialogue in that post says something like "I'll make sure the guard gives it to you" instead.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 14:54:57 GMT -6 »

"I'll be here."

Not like she was going anywhere.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Reach Out (Erika)
« Nov 21, 2015 23:50:15 GMT -6 »

"Of course."

He was putting a lot of faith in her having the decency to not try breaking out or anything. Or incinerating Mr. Montcroix. "He's a fine lawyer, I think you'll get your deal without a fuss. When you feel you're ready to talk, just ask the guards to contact Aaron Silverman."

Unless she were to stop him, he'd give her a friendly wave and make his way out for now, being sure to leave his number with the guards stationed by her cell.

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2015 23:51:02 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Quick Reply