Author Topic: A Flame for Freedom. (Roth) (Read 647 times)
xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

A Flame for Freedom. (Roth)
« Jul 29, 2009 14:20:30 GMT -6 »

Ah, first days. First days were always very interesting in Corporal Punishment schools. The new student got to experience what he would be experiencing for the rest of his time there. If the new student was weak, they'd be preyed upon. If the new student was strong, he'd be ganged up on and either be taken out by numbers or be victorious and most likely be at war with whoever did start it for a long time.

If the new student was a protector, he'd protect the first person that he'd see he needed to protect, make many enemies, and if that student didn't know what he was doing, would regret playing the hero. If the student didn't give a shit...most likely he'd be left alone after a first encounter.

Taku Welteel fit into the strong and protector category, but he was much more than that. So much more.

With a single bag over his right shoulder, Taku had entered the halls of John C. Fremont dressed in the school uniform. Despite him hating the system, he wore the uniform quite properly and it would be difficult to fine something wrong with it. Not to mention he had much bigger ideas than showing rebellion like not wearing the uniform properly. This was his first day, but he knew a lot better than that. A uniform wasn't going to be rebellious. It was just ignorant on the student's part.

It was also comfortable for him. He wouldn't admit it aloud, but he did enjoy to wear these types of clothing.

He let out a small groan as he opened his locker, hearing some confrontation going on. No, it was more than a confrontation. It sounded like it would be a slaughter. Three students was harrassing a fourth student for talking to a girl. Apparently the girl was one of the three's girlfriend. The guy being confronted sounded scared, like he was trying to stay out of a fight. Chances are the man was weak, or a good actor, but if he was an actor, he was playing it the wrong way, so he was most likely weak, or wasn't a good fighter at least.

There sits Wonderboy
    Sitting oh so proudly

Taku closed his locker, leaving his bag inside, planning to get what he needed out after this was over, as he walked over to the confrontation with no essence of urgency, like it was just a normal day to him. It took awhile before the punch was throw, but when it was, aimed straight for the guy's face. He'd find it stopped short, Taku's right hand had quickly reached out with almost blinding speed.

"I'd suggest you step back before someone really gets hurts."

"Why don't you stay out of our busi...wait, I've never seen you before. A new student...looks like it's time to learn how things are run around here."

"No stop, please don't."

Taku said in a nonchelant voice, almost toying with the guy, forcing the punch to come from the guy with his free hand. Once the punch had reached it's destination, the guy would find nothing but air. With Taku's quick speed he had gone low and pushed forward and before the guy had realized what had happened, a powerful right had collided into his stomach. The guy reached for his stomach and took a step back before going to a knee, the wind being knocked out of him.

Taku immediately turned to the other two.

"I'm waiting..."

He said, taunting the two. It was an act hoping for them to chicken out. It was Taku's first day and he was feeling generous. Sure enough, seeing Taku's demeanor and his strength and speed, they tucked tail and ran, leaving their friend behind.

Taku turned back to his locker but eyed the guy they had been harrassing and what looked to be the girl they were talking about beside him.

"Do what you want with the guy. He's harmless for now."

Taku doubted they'd do anything violent anymore. His actions would hopefully give chance for communication and perhaps they could sort problems out. Or the guy could want revenge and come after Taku. Whatever way worked fine.

Taku opened his locker again, pulling the things that he needed out, ready to head for his first class that was still some time away.

Not much to say
    When you're High Above the Mucky Muck
    [/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 14:27:54 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
    Andy Daws
    Mentor
    Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

I'm The Bomb. No, literally, I blow stuff up. With my mind and junk.

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 19:10:02 GMT -6 »

"Shit!"

A loud echoing sound of profanity left the lips of the large Boston native. A flowing trail of blood trickled from his head onto his face. A young nurse was matting the wounded head of the young hero with a small alcohol pad. The wound itself wouldn't require much more then pressure and a bandage, but the blood flow was still fairly strong.Roth sat on a small bench in the minuscule nurses office with four unconscious students lined up to his right.

--- Early that Morning ---

Roth was currently enjoying his Senior only free period as two students wandered about the halls. Both wearing black and skipping class. The wrestler looked on from afar, the reminded him how he was just a few years ago. Uncaring, lazy, and in search of love. He watched with a smile as the two enjoined their day. Unfortunately there was always something to end the peace of morning.

A large older man stepped out from a hallway in front of the two younger freshmen students. With no words the gargantuan teacher stuck both students in the head with a large right hook. Both were knocked hard to the ground. The girl was out, but the boy still hung on. Again with no words the large teacher struck a large kick to the boy's head. Roth needed no more motivation.

"Hey shitferbrains! That all nesacary? Last I checked skipping class wasn't call for a blackout. It's the corrupt bastard like you who turn these students into animals, and now your gunna have to face a real predator!"

Roth walked over to the larger man while he gave his small speech. What he said was the truth.

He took a moment to size his new opponent up. 6'7, 6'8 maybe, but had a good bunch of fat on him with weight nearing the 350 mark. It was usually the larger ones who had the cocky attitude about it all.

The teacher spoke no words and lashed out and Roth. A large fist came down onto Roth's head. A ring he was wearing tore the flesh from his head, creating a small wound where blood would flow into his face. It was the only shot that Roth would take.

Roth's head hung down as he moved back slightly and regained his composure. Another fist came flying at him. With an instinctual act from his wrestling background Roth launched a quick kick to the lower stomach of the teacher who could eat him. The man stopped his punch to hold his fat belly. With a turn and jump Roth latched his right arm onto the neck and head of Mr. Shitferbrains, and pulled down with all his might. Stone Cold Stunner.

Unfortunately the famous finisher wouldn't do enough to bring him down. The big man stumbled a bit as Roth landed on on his ass and jumped to his feet. He was feeling strong today, so Roth decided to test his full strength. With another kick to the sluggish teachers abdomen Roth grabbed his arm and leg and hoisted the 350+ pound behemoth over his shoulders in a firemans carry.

Roth struggled a bit as his knees begged him to give out. He strained every muscle in his body to it's fullest before acting on it. With a spring of his aching knees Roth slammed the massive abusive teacher to the ground in a Samoan drop. The fat filled man would be crushed between the cold tile floor and Roth himself. The trench coat protector would sit for a moment before looking at the three unconscious bodies before him. He knew what he had to do.

--- Present ---

"I'm sorry for this mess ma'am. At least I always bring you work while trying to make this all a better place."

With a small bandage on his forehead Roth waltzed out of the office and began to finish his time of freedom. A few halls down he could hear what seemed like a small fight. The protector within made his legs move to the scene, five bullys a small girl, and two others. One was now saved from the bullies and his savior was....

"No freak'in way! Taku?"

The large Irish blooded hero jogged to the scene at the sight of what he hoped would be his acquaintance from way back when.

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 20:58:02 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 19:37:49 GMT -6 »

[/b]

It was a guess, but he sounded sure of himself. If it wasn't Roth, then he would submit himself to an insane asylum now, because there was NOBODY else that was like Roth that Taku had met.

What the hell are you doing here?"

He spoke in slightly interested voice, like he was wanting to hear Roth's story.[/font][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 19:38:29 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
      Andy Daws
      Mentor
      Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 20:20:51 GMT -6 »

A warm smile had appeared over Roth's face. It really was Taku. Sure, the two hadn't spent much time together back in Philly, but this was the only familiar face he had seen since Old Johnny left a few months ago. He was happy. When he thought about it Taku would be one of the best people he could have met from Mugen. Others including Gabe, Kurt, and Lynn.

Roth approached his old acquaintance with a smile and handed out his arm for a handshake. If Taku accepted Roth would most likely pull him in for a quick man hug. Too many enemies had been made so far, and he didn't have as many friends. Something all too familiar with his life at Mugen.

"Well, after I left Mugen due to it's closure I jumped around a bit. Got a taste of Michigan, Kansas, and Seattle and their method of punishment. Then after getting thrown out of all those school I ended up here."

Roth backed a step away from the familiar face and leaned himself against the building. His arms folded across his chest and he continued his story.

"I've done a lot of changing over the past years. I'm a lot more positive now and I'm a much better fighter. No more lounging around, I got a purpose. About a month ago my little sister died because of Corporal Punishment abuse. I just want to show some of these pricks what they cause and show'em a thing or two on the way."

With a quick movement of his hands Roth cracked both hand's knuckles. They got tense after a fight, and his body was still shaking from the adrenaline from his earlier confrontation.

"So. Whats your story for changing schools from across the country?"

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 20:41:33 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Taku hadn't lost someone to the system yet, persay, although you could say that he lost Reira to it, but that was probably not the truth. Not even he knew the truth and if it wasn't for the system, the two would probably never met, so he couldn't grudge the system over something like that. That didn't mean he liked the system any more.

"Oh, you know how it goes. Father lands a big promotion, family moves to a better place for a better life...that type of thing."

It was then that Taku noticed the bandages on Roth's forehead. Taku's attention was on who the person was that he had missed the bandages.

"I can see you've been busy today."[/font][/color][/ul]

« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009 21:08:19 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
        Andy Daws
        Mentor
        Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 20:57:19 GMT -6 »

"Well tell your Dad that a stranger said Congrats!"

The same warm smile stayed on Roth's face as he listened to Taku's story. Roth looked to the sky to see the warm sun embracing the Collective. It seemed that when the weather was good it was the only positive thing about this place. Roth began to feel heavy inside. The thought of family ached inside for a bit. He was 3,000 miles from it and he knew they all wanted him there too.

"Well, you know how it works. Trying to keep the Freshmen safe from the Punishment System. The violence just always gets out of hand. Just like when Mugen became flooded with transfer students. Violence broke out and the gym blew up."

Roth bumbed his but off the building and took off his coat. For the first time at the collective he felt to hot to wear it.

"So, I take it you fresh off the boat here. ANd look, the 'Wonderboy's already making a name for himself."

Roth got a small bit closer to Taku. In his mind he understood that the two had only gone to the same school and heard stories about eachother. But in his heart he needed a familiar face.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 21:17:16 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Not to mention that if he did ignore something like that he wouldn't be able to live with himself. Both Reira and himself started up Aegis, a group designed to protect. By letting people be beaten upon like that he wouldn't be able to go on without feeling guilty. It would be like he was betraying everyone, so to speak.

"Something tells me we won't be seeing a gym blow up here. Mugen seems like a summer vacation compared to this place from what I've heard, although the two aren't that different when you think about it."

Taku looked to the one that he had protected, hoping that nothing was going on. It wasn't, but perhaps it was the reason that Taku was still around that violence hadn't broken out between the two.

"If every thug is as weak as that in this school, things are going to be smooth sailing, but looking at you, I doubt that."[/color][/ul][/font]

Andy Daws
          Mentor
          Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 29, 2009 21:33:11 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Last post of the night, be back tomorrow)

Roth listened intently on Takus words. He was right on the mark. Roth himself hadn't been here too long, but had seen his share of crazy shit here. The public uniform assembly, the wrecked party, everyone from the powerful Director to the weakest Freshman student were all wild with varring takes and effects from the Corporal Punishment System.

"Well there are plenty of weak ones to go around, unfortunately for every one you can take down, another comes back with twice the strength. The teachers don't know what their doing half the time, and most of the students aren't any better."

At the last line Roth shot a stare at the people around him from Taku's encounter. he recognized one of them from an encounter a few months back. He and Conner Dwyre had gotten him good. It was good that he was okay, bad that he didn't learn anything. Pain makes people stronger and more likely to lash back. Like dogs, if you keep on hitting them, eventually they'll attack back.

"I gotta agree though. This place seems a lot worse then Mugen. Tougher foes and a tougher staff with a weary agenda. It would all be a lot less violent with people to keep them all in their place. The authority in this place...it's all bullshit."

The tall muscular student whipped his coat over his shoulder. Between the coat and his skin lay a thin black shirt with a SDCFL logo. Below that was a pair of new loose black jeans. they fitted him comfortably as he began to lean against the building for a second time.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 2:37:11 GMT -6 »

[/b]

While there was a bit of sarcasm in his voice, Taku was being quite serious. If you wanted to fight against something or protect something, what better way than to start at one of the roots? It was better than any other place he could think of.

"Looking at the school uniform and the dorms, I can already say that Mugen was better. They didn't try to spy on you all the time. Although bieng in a dorm here could have it's advantages."

Yeah, or it could send everyone to their doom...whichever came first.

"So, how's the hero / villain ratio in this place?"[/ul][/color][/font]

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2009 13:36:47 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
            Andy Daws
            Mentor
            Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 16:53:35 GMT -6 »

"Bad."

Thats the only reply that came to the thick skulled wrestler. Over all there were a few good heros, and a few good villains. The problem was the neutrals. They would fight whatever, or whoever just to get a kick. Fighting without purpose is what makes this place what it is. Thats why Roth only for sport, and to protect.

"Theres a lot of bored people with violent tendencies. Now if there was something to do that actually pissed of the system the place would be a lot different. It would be fun, and they would all get their anti-authority feeling outta them."

Roth moved around his shoulders quickly as he watched the people behind Taku. They were bullies, and their victim. For some reason they listened on to his and Taku's conversation. It seemed as if something one of them had said struck them somehow.

"A group of students, protecting the ones who can't fight back, and showing them the real way to piss off the system. Thats what we need."

A smile appeared on Roth face as he began to imagine it. He saw a way to lessen the system's power along with a way to keep violence down with something better.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 17:42:16 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Roth mentioned if there only was a group that could do those sort of things. If only if only. It was like Roth was saying they should do it.

Taku grabbed the necklace around his neck, placing his hands on the Claddagh symbol that Reira had given him. It was given to him when they first formed Aegis.

"A group like that...almost like Aegis was, except more against the system."

The necklace was released from his hand and he took a moment.

"It's almost like you're suggesting that a group among us would be made."

Taku said in a voice that didn't sound clueless at all. He knew that's was Roth was suggesting and he was basically leading Roth to actually saying it.[/font][/color][/ul]

Andy Daws
              Mentor
              Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 18:15:05 GMT -6 »

The smile on his face grew at the idea. Taku knew what was happening. The birth of something great. Roth listened intently to Taku waiting for his chance to say it. Roth had heard of Aegis, but at the time of it's formation he was still being held captive by a local Philly gang. Roth looked around for a moment and thought about it.

"Why not us? The former Captain of PHS: 381 and The Peacemaker. We both know how strong each other is, and our ideals are completely on par."

Roth's arms were moving with his mouth. It happened when he was nervous or exited. At this moment he was both. Ever since his sister had died he wanted to create peace, and his own persona gave off a rebellious aura against authority and the system.

"We could do it. We could really make a difference here. A group against the system looking not to tear it down, but to reform it along with the people within it. Giving the students the ability to question why. We can show this Communistic Chula Vista true freedom."

The students from before watched the tall student preach his ideals of forming an alliance with a former classmate looking to create a collaborative in the collective.

"Wonderboy and Young Nasty Man can join forces and do something great."

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 19:30:45 GMT -6 »

[/b]

And that question was not 'Are you Ready?' even though it was the perfect time for the question. Okay, so it wasn't just 'Are you Ready?'

"Are you capable of being Young Nasty Man? Are you ready?"

It was personally a joke, but as Wonderboy and he calling himself Young Nasty Man, he wanted to know if Roth was capable of being Young Nasty Man. He didn't want Roth to destroy the name. He didn't have any doubts, he just wanted to be sure.[/ul][/color][/font]

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2009 19:31:04 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
                Andy Daws
                Mentor
                Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 20:03:26 GMT -6 »

(ooc: are you ready?)

The pure great feeling in Roth's gut jumped out in the form of words. The relation to the Tenacious D song was perfect, The way the two saw eye to eye was perfect. And now two former acquaintances now seemed to become friends as Roth shouted out the line he was set up for.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I'M READY!"

Roth's arms swung open to his sides as he roared. His Irish and Lithuanian blood echoed his voice throughout the Fremont campus. It was official. There was now a new system in order to keep the masses protected and entertained. A group of rebels ready to stand up against the Dictator/Director.

"So my new friend, what do we call ourselves?"

Roth stood next to Taku now and patted him on the shoulder. In his eyes they were friends. And he believed in the eyes of everyone around them a great thing had happened. The alliance of Taku and Roth, Wonderboy and Young Nasty Man.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 30, 2009 21:50:57 GMT -6 »

[/b]

If things kept on going as they were, Taku was probably going to lose his mind before the end of the day...and he wasn't sure why. Question Why...he really was going crazy.[/ul][/font][/color]

Andy Daws
                  Mentor
                  Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 17:55:36 GMT -6 »

(ooc: Why?)

The ecstatic figure with the large coat on his right shoulder began to slowly calm down. Since his arrival at Chula Vista his emotions began to slowly unravel. The strain of moving, new faces, new people, his sister, and the countless events that have happened so far.

"Question Why!..It's catchy, and rebellious. I'm horrible at thinking, so I say we stick with that. Question Mark, the Letter Y, and an Exclamation point. It can be the symbol. The symbol of a flaming desire to be free."

Roth shook his head a bit, again trying to calm himself. He was insane just like Taku. Two people driven to insanity by a system of violence. It was a common enough sight, but these two had a goal.

"Question Why!. The protectors and rebels of the Collective."

That time he had almost whispered. The pure though of their own group still overwhelmed his brain. It hadn't been over 10 minutes since to two had met up after meeting from across the country.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Jul 31, 2009 23:10:33 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Question Why! Taku wondered what people would think of the name. The reactions they would get. In order to be a successful group, they had to have support from the people they were helping and such. It was the same with every group, especially the Superheroes from the many comics. If they weren't supported by the people, it would be difficult. Well, it they weren't supported namewise, they would be when they saw the actions of the two.

Not to mention Taku didn't know if it would just stay with two people or would the ranks of ?Y! grow...especially with the name. It would probably effect any recruits they have.

Well, you know what? Fuck it!

"Alright, we'll keep the name for now. We'll change it later if we have to. Of course, people probably won't see it as a symbol of freedom. They'll have us 'Why the hell that name?' but, oh well. Like the name makes the group.[/ul][/color][/font]

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 23:11:10 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
                    Andy Daws
                    Mentor
                    Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 2, 2009 17:24:33 GMT -6 »

"Well, I guess your right there. We do need a better name. Something edgey, something that will get people to see the light, something that we all share. Were system victims..."

The tall wrestler paused for a moment. With a hand going up above his head and into his hair. He took a moment to think about what he said. System Victims. Hell it was what he just described. Now just a small twist.

"What about that? System Victim Syndrome. SVS. Shows a common bond, and goal. A group of rebels against the system looking for peace."

Roth looked at Taku and hoped he liked that a bit better. Question Why was a little too deep when you thought about it. Roth took the hand out of his hair, deciding to now focus more on what to do next.

"Name regardless, how do we get it out there?"

« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2009 17:52:38 GMT -6 by Andy Daws » Back to Top  

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 2, 2009 20:48:56 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Taku knew that a name like that would only get them a lot of trouble and wouldn't help them in the slightest. Names had power, even though Taku hated to admit it. It could work both for and against them.

"I'd prefer to just stick with 'Question Why?' for now. We'll just worry about that later. As for how to make ourselves known? Hmm...what do you have in mind?"

Taku asked Roth as his mind began to ponder the many ways they could make themselves known.[/color][/ul][/font]

« Last Edit: Aug 2, 2009 21:49:05 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
                      Andy Daws
                      Mentor
                      Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 17:43:14 GMT -6 »

"Well then screw it! We don't need a name. It's Roth, Taku, and whoever else is with us. No authority or placement is going to be a part of this. If we get something going we'll get ideas from others. For now, we'll be nameless and develop a following."

A small hint of frustration began to ease out from his words. He wasn't good at the whole 'thinking' thing. Until now he just protected whoever needed it and never though about posing a threat to the System. But he loved the idea.

"Well, our actions should reflect our ideas. What we stand for, ya know."

Roth again leaned against the building wall. His coat still on his shoulder and his hand in his pocket. His demeanor was calming, but the idea of what was happening still swarmed in his head. Taku had already done this, thus he had more experience.

"What did you do with that old group I heard about. Ageises, Agice...or whatever."

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 18:30:56 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Taku turned his head and looked around the area. He had heard a few things about what had already happened in Chula Vista and he wanted something new. Different. Unique.

"What we need is something interesting. New and unique to the place. I heard about the burning of the uniforms. Knocking the electricity out. All too common and uninteresting. We need something that will stick in the people's minds and actually have an impact. Makes me wonder if I should use a few acts that Valekin did as a few base ideas."

Valekin, that was a face he didn't want to see. He wondered if Roth remembered Valekin. He had done many acts of terrorism at Mugenhall and Taku hoped to one day meet him after he had injured Taku's leg. He could stand up to Valekin's speed and power now, but when he was ready, Valekin was nowhere to be found. He was happy that Valekin was gone then, but he wanted to get revenge.

"You've been here longer. My head's drawing a blank until I actually start to get to know the place. It's barely my first day and I haven't even got myself settled in my room or know who my roommate is. I can't really make any plans that would be unique, new and interesting until I get to know the place, right?"

Or perhaps Taku was taking the wrong approach to it all.
                        [/color][/font][/ul]

Andy Daws
                        Mentor
                        Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 18:49:34 GMT -6 »

The entirety of Roth's body shook at the mention of Valekin Von Kaulesov(sp?). He remembered his face well. At first impression he just seemed to be your run of the mill shady Eastern foreigner. But underneath that was pure dark, black, and evil. A vision appeared to Roth at their second meeting when he watched his slaughter gang members on the roof top. It was...overwhelming.

"No. I won't ever go to where he went. I'm not in this for the riot. I'm here for what Aegis was, but I want to give fun along with it. No matter our experiences now, were still kids. Thats what we have to enjoy, right?"

Roth thought about if for a moment. Together the Mugenites couldn't connect hard enough to form their rebel protection squad. He thought against the wall for a moment. Why not continue the old.

"Well, why don't we just revive your Aegis. I know she isn't here, but it could be your way to carry on the ideal. And who knows, maybe she'll come strolling in from Philly if she hears the word."

It was a far shot. In his mind he knew Taku probably wouldn't go with it. But in another place he felt it may work. There was a thin line that they were stepping on now. There were rioters and enforcers. Of course there was a way to be both, but it was a very thin line to stay on.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 3, 2009 23:53:33 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Taku looked back and forth, the word terrorists seeming to be like poison. He didn't think it would be possible, but even in his mind he had a slight fear of what might happen should people hear that word.

"Revive Aegis...?"

When Roth mentioned her, he meant Reira of course, Taku turned his head, staring down the hall, when he was actually staring into nothingness, hoping what Roth said was true. But he knew it wouldn't be.

"I don't think she'll come. She's...no. I doubt she will."

Taku believed her to be dead, or missing to say the least, but he never said it aloud. He kept some hope that whatever he believed, he would be wrong and saying she was dead would only make it so. It was a sorry attempt to make himself believe differently, but he could never bring himself to say it.

"I guess so. You're right. We're overthinking this too much. We can revive Aegis, sure enough, but with our own little twist to have fun and be free. To not be held down."[/ul][/color][/font]

« Last Edit: Aug 3, 2009 23:57:36 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top  
                          Andy Daws
                          Mentor
                          Swagger of a Cripple

Andy Daws Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 18:20:31 GMT -6 »

Roth noticed Taku's fading enthusiasm as he thought about his girl from Mugen. A soft hand left Roth's side and was placed on Taku's shoulder as he seemed to look over into the hall. He needed a quick peek of hope.

"Well you never know what will happen. Hell maybe you'll meet a new girl. Maybe through this. Just keep those memories, your lucky to have had such a great relationship when you did."

Personally, Roth had never really been intimate with a woman. There was one time back in Mugen where he met a girl, but that was quickly out-lived. In a way Taku was lucky for the memories, but unlucky for the following actions.

A bit of enthusiasm spread from the two as more, yet less focus came onto the matter at hand. A reformation of Aegis, but with a twist. Roth liked it, but it needed a twist in the name as well. A shield alone wasn't intimidation, or a freedom symbol.

"Lets work with that twist. Not just Aegis, but a little extra. Aegis X / AX. Something to revamp it."

If it was cool there was either a Z or X in the title. Now it seemed like a goal. A group of protectors - Aegis, and a group of non-conforming rebels - DX. They still needed to think of an action, and with a name they could begin the planning stages.

xhaos

Guest Avatar

[send pm]

« Aug 4, 2009 21:45:17 GMT -6 »

[/b]

Taku doubted Roth knew what that was. An Escutcheon was a shield just like Aegis, but a Coat of Arms was always portrayed on one. Not only that, but it was an ornamental, perhaps protective plate for locks, a shield that guarded a lock that couldn't be unlocked...if that made sense enough.

In nursing, it was also the configuration of adult pubic hair, but who need to know that?

"Or Aegis X could work as well."[/color][/ul][/font]

« Last Edit: Aug 4, 2009 21:46:09 GMT -6 by xhaos » Back to Top