Author Topic: Checking In (Emails - Sarah) (Read 465 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

Checking In (Emails - Sarah)
« Dec 13, 2015 3:24:32 GMT -6 »

Rebecca decided to give it about a day after Piper left before she would send her first email!

Hey There!

Hey Sarah, how are you?

I just wanted to check in and see how you were and if your flight went well. Wasn't sure if jet lag would be a big issue, or I'd have sent this sooner. How's the land down under?

-Becca

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 3:27:03 GMT -6 via mobile »

Becca!

It is so good to hear from you. I don't think you quite understand.

The flight went well. It wasn't terrible. Being back feels... different. I don't quite know how to explain it.

I'm staying in my old room. Its... weird. I brought my sketchpad and this little calico statue Eric got me, but nothing else. You would think I'm used to the emptiness, considering my room back home, but this is just barren and depressing.

I miss you. All of you guys, really.

How is everyone? Tell me everything. (It's only been a day. So what?)

~Sarah

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 3:33:41 GMT -6 »

I'm glad to hear it went well! Or at least, not crappy? Hopefully you managed to get some sleep, because you looked like you were ready to drop when you left.

I think I understand, a little. At least you have a reminder of home with you, and of course us to keep you company, even if we're a couple of oceans away. We miss you, too. When you come back, the next round of coffee is on me. :)

Things are sort of quiet here for now, but that may change. I'm going in later to talk to the guy a few of us found in an alley the other day. Some days, I swear I can't take being called a "freak" one more time, but here I am anyway. Eric brought a new girl to the pod the other day. Evie, I think it was? Haven't seen her before, so Paradigm is still getting new faces.

I'll let you know if anything else happens that's interesting.

Is it okay to ask how the family is doing?

Rebecca smiles as the email was sent. She hadn't expected that much energy after first getting off the flight! Hopefully things were sort of okay, at least.

« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015 3:34:51 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 4:07:44 GMT -6 via mobile »

I managed to get a little sleep here, but luckily the church burns this incense at night in the common room. Its an amazing smell... lavender, mint, and something else. Maybe chamomile? I spent a lot of last night in the common once the nuns had said their prayers, and when I finally got back to my room, I crashed. If I could get my hands on it at home, I'm sure it would help me sleep.

It's probably night there, but it's day. I've already had breakfast, and I'm going to dye my hair back to blonde today. I'll send you pictures once it's done. If you'd like?

As for the coffee, you got it. I should be off restriction when I come back, so how about this. You and I go out to a coffee bar day after I come home, and we catch up on whatever hasn't been emailed. Sound good?

What happened in the alley? Any clue who this guy is?

Eric. Oh Eric. He and his women. How was the Evie girl? Worth anything? What's she like, and is she going to be coming around?

It's just my mother. The other nuns won't even talk to me... She is doing well. Exactly as I expected, from her. We talked, last night, and it... went okay. She called me a delinquent and other awful names, demanding to know if I had found my path. She doesn't know much about the outside world anyways, but she had no clue what Paradigm is.

Actually, could you do me that favor? Attach some files about Paradigm. I'm sure they have a website. Just try to make sure it's general stuff and not Chicago specific. Please?
(And why isn't there a branch here? I mean, meta humans and evil are both global... shit...)

Anyways. Yeah. Miss you and stuff.
~Sarah

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 5:06:14 GMT -6 »

That sounds like it would be really pretty! I'm sure there are incense shops or other places that would have it over here. I'll keep my eye out for it, and if not, there's always the internet. You need to get some real sleep! I'm glad it helps, though.

It's somewhere between night and morning here, depending on who you ask. You know me, though. It's also quiet, which is nice. As for the alley, some guy was held hostage by an unknown meta. A guy in a biker suit, actually.

Turns out the hostage was a man who sold out a boy's home. Bought the property and "donated" all those kids to CLAW for medical experimentation. To 'further technology.' I hate people like him, but I'm also scared. I don't like what that means. It sounds an awful lot like anti-meta weaponry or other, passive technology that could hurt us.

Or, worse, try to "cure" us. I know some people have it worse, and maybe it would be safer for them, but with this stupid militant campaign from Warrens, who's to say they won't just go down the registry list and use it on all of us.

What if we're the next lab rats?

I'm glad you sort of got to talk to your mom, Sarah. Even small steps are still steps forward. Sometimes, I have to tell myself the same thing. You can always shoot me an email, even if it's just to rant. I'll be here.

I'll look up stuff on Paradgim and send it to you in a separate email, that way it's safe for you to show her if there are wandering eyes.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 6:03:39 GMT -6 via mobile »

I don't know if it's a home concoction or something we can find in a store. I'll keep a look out, and see if I can't snag a few before I leave. It might help you, too. I know you have trouble sleeping sometimes.

That is really troublesome. I don't know much about CLAW... I'll look them up. They sound worrisome, especially if they figure something out and the Empire gets ahold of it.

How do you feel about the registry? I meam, I can see the reason behind it, I think. Maybe I'm wrong, but it might actually be beneficial. I mean, look at how much information Paradigm itself might get with that registry.

I'm not saying I'm for it. I'm just thinking.

I might take you up on that. I love my mother, but shes... different, you know? I think the only thing that would satisfy her is if I became a nun as well. And that's not really my style. ;)

Thanks for helping me out.

Oh. How's Silas? And Eric?

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 6:20:45 GMT -6 »

True. If it's a home brew, though, I'm sure we could find some way to copy it. I appreciate it, either way. :)

I...have mixed feelings, I guess. My gut says it's bad, especially with it being part of an anti-meta regime? I can understand wanting one and why, but I feel like the moment our names are on the paper, nothing else matters. Maybe someone's doing something they shouldn't, but once we're outed, we're targets. We won't be able to have a day of peace because all the doubts and "maybes" turn into yes. Whether we did something or not won't matter: we're already written down as metas. That list means they can just find us easier.

Still, there are people who use their abilities to do horrible things. I can see it being similar to a sex offender list? Maybe something if they've done something to warrant our arresting them or letting them go? But then they lose the chance to change if they want. Or they try, and it's always there. There's no escaping it.

So yeah, mixed feels. Sorry for rambling.

And I mean it. Hit me up any time. I know how it is with parents not agreeing with your choices in life. Just like I have a hard time seeing you in a habit with a flock of nuns!

Silas and Eric? I dunno.

Eric's offered to take me to his place for Christmas, so we'll see. Otherwise, I'll be spending the holidays alone here. I'm kind of okay with that, but a the same time, i really would like to not be here alone. Gives me too much time to think of things I shouldn't. He asked me out again, but I'm not sure what I'll say. Maybe yes, considering last time.

I talked to Silas the other night and pretty much burned the bridge. It's complicated, but I guess it always has been with him.

« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2015 6:25:14 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 7:04:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

If it is a home brew, we could probably even enhance it. Maybe instead of mint we could use something like... oh, I don't know. Nonchampa? That is a really relaxing one. Maybe I'm just biased because everything here either smells like or is made up of mint. Don't get me wrong, I love the mint shampoo and conditioner. I might go back to using it regularly. Ooh. Especially with, like, a cedar wood smelling soap... I know this is totally irrelevant, but I'm just sort of typing what I'm thinking. Everybody's in the chapel...

Well, I'd say go with your gut. I can see the benefits of having it, but locating us wouldn't really change at all. I mean, Paradigm lists their agents, so I'm sure if somebody wanted to find us, they could. Somehow. That's why I changed my name when I came there: I didn't want to be found.

Personally, I feel like having meta humans register their names, if nothing else, would give us a look at what we're dealing with...

Then again, it's like registering guns or other weapons. The good people would probably do it, because it would be the law, but it's just a piece of paper. Criminals wouldn't partake, I'm sure. I mean, I think that comes with the territory of being a criminal: breaking the law.

I honestly feel like it should start smaller. Maybe have people tested for powers, and then find them somewhere (like Paradigm) for them to hone and train their powers.

Then again.... that might just make more powerful, more useful, and more ready criminals, because they would receive the same training. Hmm... It's definitely something difficult to think about.

And don't apologize for ranting! I feel like we're finally getting some time to talk, actually talk, and open up with each other. It's nice. I like seeing how your brain works.

I used go be part of the Parish, and they wanted to mold me into a nun. That was before Jim, though. Now... I don't think they'd take me if I begged. Thank god, right? (And yes. The irony of that statement did not escape me. Haha!!)

You should, Becca. I mean, I don't really care about the holidays thing. Some quiet might do you well or it might not. But the date thing? You should. Eric's an amazing guy. I might have even contemplated dating him myself. I think he'd be good for you. I think he would make you happy. And I'd love to see you happy more often, Becca.

As for Silas? The guy is a genius. But geniuses are mad. I like him, personally, but I don't trust him. Burning bridges might be for the best... I hope it wasn't too messy?

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 13:43:59 GMT -6 »

It takes a bit for the next emails to come in from Rebecca.

Re: Hey There!

Hey, if I'm allowed to ramble, then so are you. No worries!

Honestly, I just feel like it's a distraction. We still have non-metas who do terrible things, but we're the ones in the spotlight when shit hits the fan? Granted, sometimes we should be, so I guess it makes sense. I don't the feeling that the abuse of power will bite us in the ass, but I guess we'll see one way or another?

But you do have a point. And they can't take you back. You're part of Paradigm now, and the church would probably freak out if I came to visit you, instead!

Should I? Maybe.. He's the first person I've considered a best friend in years, and we have fun. It would be nice to see what a normal Christmas is like, or whatever you want to call it. I guess I'm just nervous at how many people are going to be there, especially if there are kids.

He asked me out on a second date, but I haven't decided yet. I probably will, but that's definitely saying something if you thought about it!

As for Silas...yeah. I don't know if it's messy or not. Sort of? I'm waiting to see just how bad it's going to get and try to do damage control as much as I can. He found out about the date with Eric, but hasn't lashed out at him. Yet. Part of me still likes him. It's still kind of fresh.

He walked away after making it clear that my not being exclusive wasn't in his interest. I let him go. It still feels weird, but I think I know what Enya was talking to me about the other day. There's a person worth knowing, but at the same time, it feels like I'm being asked to choose if I want to lose a hand or an arm, you know?

Maybe it's just me.

Oh! But when you come back, we are doing a late holiday thing, and no hiding from it.

After a few minutes, a second email appears!

Paradigm Info

Hey Sarah!

Here's some of the stuff I found on Paradigm that I think will help your situation. Let me know if you need anything else.

- Becca

Attachments include the information found on the board's setting and history subforum, as well as some articles scattered throughout the years that Rebecca believes will help her friend with a religious parent. The first of said articles is from roughly fifteen years ago, when a demon was tearing Chicago apart; the agents relied on the sanctity of churches to save the civilians!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 18:29:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can really be done about the registry. We can fight it all we want, but we're still all stuck in the same boat. If they pass it, we will have to oblige. We're kind of just along for the ride, at this point.

Hah. Yeah. I'm not sure HOW my mother or the church feels about metas, but I feel like you'd definitely crash with at least a few of the people here. Some of the nuns are crabby.

Go, Becca. Enjoy yourself. Spend time with his family. You deserve to have yourself a merry Christmas. And besides, even if there are people there, I will bet you money that they will all accept you. I don't think you will have a problem. And you can enjoy yourself enough for both of us.

And the same goes for the date. You just said you have fun with him, so you should be able to have that fun. What's the worst that can happen? You guys are both understanding people, and I feel like it'll either take off and be awesome or it will be amicably settled. Either way, you win.

Just make sure to tell me the dirty details!

Well, I don't know what to say about Silas. I'm literally drawing a blank. He's a weird one, for sure.

Attachment; Hey look! I'm blonde again!

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 13, 2015 23:15:59 GMT -6 »

Yeah, I know. No point in getting worked up over it too much, maybe. Not until we know for certain he's going to be president.

Let me know if the stuff I sent you was enough. I'm sure I can dig around some more, but I tried to find things I thought would work best for you, considering you're in a convent. I'll come be scary to those nuns if I have to, though. I've had worse. Unless I catch fire just going through the front door! Do you think a goth with decaying touch would be able to?

That is true. I guess I've been overthinking the whole thing, huh? Eric and I get along great, one way or another. I guess it really doesn't hurt to find out just how far that goes? And why assume there will be dirty details? You're in a church, young lady! ;)

Which means you could probably use them, haha.

Honestly, I feel like just...not talking about it. Silas. I'll figure it out later.

Right now, we should focus on that lovely lady in the picture! It's odd not seeing your usual bright green, but you look fantastic as a blonde. And look at that smile.

Just remember to keep it close on the rough days, yeah?

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 14, 2015 13:38:21 GMT -6 via mobile »

After that rally and people targeting him, he's still running? He must be pretty damned determined. I wonder what is inspiring him... Makes me want to find out...

The stuff you sent should work. With my hair blonde and having been in attendence for morning mass, I think Mother might be in an almost-good mood. Maybe. I'll show her tonight after prayers.

You're right. I'm in a church. So details galore. Haha. I do really think it will be a good time for you, Becca.

--Skipping Silas--

My natural hair is blonde. I've actually kind of missed it. I feel better with it blonde. And yeah, I liked the green, but... It's time to get back to basics, I think.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 2:21:22 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel's tracker went dead.

Silas is useless.

The next flight back to America doesn't leave for three hours and it's a long flight, but if I don't get anything before the flight leaves, I'm coming home.

I'm going to find Angel.

And then I'm going to kill Silas.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 2:36:48 GMT -6 »

Rebecca's response comes back rather quickly.

Hurry Back

Hurry back soon. I'm about to head out for an investigation, but should be back by the time you arrive.

I wouldn't worry about Silas. He's not worth it.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2015 2:37:58 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 13:53:44 GMT -6 via mobile »

Still no response.

Silas is useless.

I'm going to kill him. I just might beat him to death with his beloved bracer.

Packing my things.

It's only been half an hour.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 14:09:22 GMT -6 »

There is no response!

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 30, 2015 18:24:12 GMT -6 »

Sarah gets an email at an horrendously early hour in the morning. or it would be, if you weren't used to convent hours or in Australia at the time.

Sarah,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The investigation was...well, it was rough. Please let me know when you land and, please, stay safe.

Becca.

The lack of commentary on Silas was free to interpretation.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Dec 31, 2015 1:36:57 GMT -6 via mobile »

Angel got back to me. He's alive.

Going to talk to my mother.

Hope your holidays are good. Be safe.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 31, 2015 1:57:17 GMT -6 »

Glad to hear it! Do you know if he's okay, or do we need to add someone to the vengeance list?

Good luck with the talk with your Mom. My fingers are crossed for you. Hopefully, your own holidays are at least enjoyable. I feel like it would be very busy over there for you this time of year.

I'll do my best to stay safe. I'm spending the holidays with Eric and his parents; he offered when I mentioned not wanting to spend Christmas alone. I'm nervous about meeting them, though. From what Eric's told me, they're very hands on.

We also had our second date! It was unexpected, but sweet. A quiet picnic that may be a new quiet space here - one I won't actually be interrupted at.

Sorry if my last mail sounded short. I guess some of the things going on here got to me more than I thought they would. Waiting until later to shoot it off might have been better, but I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you.

Quick Reply