Author Topic: Show Me What You Got (Savaak) (Read 638 times)
Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

Show Me What You Got (Savaak)
« Dec 15, 2015 19:00:54 GMT -6 via mobile »

The Tutorial had been set up with three parralel beams, all chalked, cleaned, and waited to be used. Nearby, she had lowered two rings, in case Savaak wanted to use those.

However, they were currently occupied. She seemed to lounge between them, one leg wrapped one, foot resting on the same one, and she held herself up with looped arms around the other. She didn't seem to be straining her body at all.

She swung back and forth, waiting for the younger agent.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 15, 2015 19:28:56 GMT -6 »

Venus doesn't have to wait for too long before Savaak arrives, looking around Tutorial a few seconds before giving a nod of approval. Her smile, already in place, grows a little as she takes in the bars and even a pair of rings, the latter of which are currently in use. She could definitely work with this.

"Comfortable?" She begins last minute stretching, having already prepared as much as she could ahead of time so they can get this taken care of as soon as possible.

She's already wondering how long it will take for Venus to start twitching. Soon, she'll have to see about setting and beating her own records.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 15, 2015 19:54:29 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Mhmm," she said nonchalantly, not bothering to look down at the girl. She had to keep her cool, this time. But she swore, if the girl started cheering, she was going to stab her.

"Ready when you are."

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 15, 2015 20:42:18 GMT -6 »

Savaak finishes her stretching by raising on her toes, arms extended outward. It was a perfect landing pose, right until she bounced on her toes once or twice. Then Venus can cringe over the near cheerleader pose.

"Alright." She heads over towards the chalk bucket, dusting her hands with the white powder before going over to the bar on the far right. She starts simple, mounting the beam from the side by kicking up into a handstand, legs perfectly straight as she does a split and brings them down and out, letting her weight rest on her hands. Then she pulls them back up and, once her body is in a straight line again, twists so that she's facing Venus, bringing her legs over her head in a body bend and holding the position for a few seconds.

It felt good, but she didn't say anything or even look at the woman. Once she lifted herself into a standing position on the first beam, she turns on her heel and does a cartwheel on the beam without faltering.

Time for the real work to begin.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 15, 2015 21:14:24 GMT -6 via mobile »

She watched her gather herself onto the beam, warming up to the feel of it under her, and continued to lightly swing. She'd shift her arm ever so slightly until the hilt of one blade ended up in her hand and continued to watch her perform.

She had told her to show off her skills, and she needed to give her time to do that before she threw off her game.

"Whenever you're ready," she reiterated, sounding bored.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 15, 2015 21:47:05 GMT -6 »

Savaak smirks at the tone in Venus's voice, the expression growing into a grin as she sees the older woman pull out one of her knifes. She figured it wouldn't be that simple. That, and the older agent was very blade-happy. This would be the perfect opportunity to let some of that irritation out if Savaak felt like obliging.

Nah.

She bows to Venus in silence, then straightens and bends her body backward, bringing her legs up and over to follow in a series of rotations and flips until she's near the end. On her hands, she switches to the next beam and pushes herself into an areal front flip.

She rotates between the three beams throughout her routine, her movements smooth and precise. Finally, at one point, she stands on one foot while bringing the other leg back and up towards her head, bringing it back down after a few moments and swinging it forward. It's not bad, and her balance remains even so far.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 11:17:13 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus watched every single move Savaak made, still idly playing with her knife. She was impressed that she didn't seem intimidated by the blade in her hands, but she also seemed to ignore it once her routine started.

Even the crabby old agent had to admit that she was impressed with the routine. Her balance was impeccable and every move was well practiced. She even kept her damnedable mouth shut.

She waited to see if the routine was over, yet.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 12:13:45 GMT -6 »

One thing Venus would notice about Savaak's performance wasn't just the execution, but the fact that she had arranged moves and positions in a way that would cut down the chance of making her an easy target for said knives. It lacked her usual preference for some show, but she wasn't here to display herself as a peacock to the senior agent. It was skill, not flair, today.

She may not have been constantly staring at it, but Savaak was aware the knife was still out and being played with. She was surprised Venus hadn't thrown it yet to see how she would respond to something that may be unexpected, but hey, it gave her the chance to back flip off the beam furthest away from the intel trainer.

She sticks the landing, letting her arms drop as soon as possible to prevent being an open target as she waits for Venus to say or do whatever is next.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 15:10:04 GMT -6 via mobile »

The moment Savaak was distracted with her landing, Venus moved. Her active camouflage came into play and she disappeared from sight, dropping down to the ground below without a noise. The soft padding cushioned her landing, but by the time the girl looked for her, she was on the hard metal of the floor, invisible and silent.

Her knife was still in one hand as she judged the distance between her and the girl and how long it might take to reach her. She stayed perfectly still, knife poised to throw, and watched Savaak closely to see what she might do next or where she might go.

The rings were still swaying from the movement.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 16:36:20 GMT -6 »

Well this was going to be fun. Savaak watches the Tutorial's nearly empty space with a curious expression, light beginning to glow between her fingers as she notes the swinging rings for half a second.

The light intensifies as she circles around the edges of the room towards the mat. After only a couple steps, she aims one of her hands at the ceiling, letting the light go off like a flash to blind the woman if she wasn't prepared.

She keeps moving.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 16:41:15 GMT -6 via mobile »

Having read her file, she knew what to expect. She watched closely until she noted the very moment that the light shot from her and she tossed the knife, this one not poisoned, and aimed for her leg.

Her aim was impeccable. Disturbingly so. And Savaak was moving towards her, which would make it nearly impossible to dodge.

And then, she would be moving again, getting over to the middle beam and ducking low. She couldn't be heard nor seen, and she lifted herself onto the beam. She used her hands to lift her feet off the ground, moving them to either side of her arms and sitting on the beam, letting the Camo drop.

Whether or not her knife hit, she would simply ask, "How focused are you on your body and movements when practicing?"

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 17:28:58 GMT -6 »

Venus's knife hits! Heading towards the woman didn't really help Savaak in avoiding her, but at least it didn't hit any major arteries to end the session short. She turns with the weight on her good leg towards the interior of the room, including the beams as she listens for sounds of where the other woman might be and finding none.

She lets her focus linger on Venus, pulling out the blade with a careful hand. At least it wasn't poisoned.

"Precise."

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 17:40:34 GMT -6 via mobile »

She twitched slightly but remained perched on the balance beam, eyeing the wound closely. Damn, it felt good to finally stab her, even if she seemed to shrug it off.

Obsidian hurt, she knew, but she assumed she had some sort of pain tolerance. If she liked her, she might have even been impressed.

"Perform your routine again," she said instead, sliding off the bar and landing without a sound.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 17:51:57 GMT -6 »

At this point, the training and the game an entwined, so no, no signs of pain. Yet. That would change, especially if Venus gets stab-happy along the way. No complaints as she keeps the knife with her and approaches the beams again. This time, at least, she first hand experience with the other woman's powers, for better or worse.

She mounts the beam as before, going into the same position as before as she sits with her body weight resting on her hands. She also keeps closer tabs on Venus and forces her legs to go into a straight line above her, going through the routine once more.

It's smooth at first, but the concentration on her face suggests that Savaak is focusing on her form rather than the pain whenever it gets to be a bother. If Venus doesn't bother interrupting her, she'll notice the pace slow somewhat towards the end.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 17:56:00 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus didn't interrupt, but she had faded back out of existence when she noticed a look of particular concentration and focus on the girl's face. She couldn't help the indents on the mat that gave away her position, but if Savaak spared a glance to those, she would most likely loosen her focus on her routine.

She was practically counting on it.

Either way, when Savaak placed her bad leg on the bar after a move, she would thrust an elbow out for her ankle. She would see a very slight shift in the weight on the mat, but otherwise have no way of knowing what was coming.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 23:15:11 GMT -6 »

Savaak may have been interested in the foot indentations at first, but that doesn't do her much good since Venus shifts her weight when the girl's head is up and forward. The elbow is enough to sting and throw her for a moment, but the blonde compensates by shifting her weight and letting the leg take the hit, turning on her good leg to face in the direction of the attack, hands glowing with soft light.

She's not attacking the trainer, but she does have an idea. Plus, she's never gotten to play with her power against a cloaking variety before.

She moves from her current beam to the one on the left.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 16, 2015 23:18:55 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus follows Savaak as she moves, staying low to the ground and remaining absolutely silent. If she wanted to, she could have stabbed her in the Achilles tendon, and that would have been that. No more walking for little miss Savaak.

Still, she didn't bother to unsheath any new knives. She was actually playing... fair? As fair as Venus could play.

The moment the girl landed, she would reach out and grab the ankle of her good leg before thrusting her shoulder into the hurt leg, expecting it to throw her off balance and send her tumbling to the ground.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 22:17:32 GMT -6 »

She can deal with pain, but stabbings aren't a part of her usual repertoire, so Savaak has no problem spiting Venus for it. Time to make this quick.

The moment she feels the hand on her ankle, she unleashes her attack downward, though it's enough to fill the entire space between beams. She reaches out to kick where she believes Venus will be as the woman reaches for her, possibly clipping her in the process and making her balance teeter!

It would be worth it, to see if the light particles of her attack would actually hurt Venus and go through her cloaking or illuminate her shape while going around it. And you know, a bit of an actual attack to make up for the stabbing.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 22:21:52 GMT -6 via mobile »

Fucking light. God, she hated light. It distracted her for only a moment, but instinct kicked in. She reached up to grab her leg, fingers finding the pressure point right above her Achilles tendon, and pressed. Hard.

She was visible in the light, but only for a moment. She had closed her eyes and stood straight up, her body giving a shake, as she tried to throw the girl off the beam.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 11:30:06 GMT -6 »

Well that sucks.

Savaak does fall from the beam as her hands light up for another hit! This time, she'll use one hand to illuminate Venus's position before aiming her second directly at her face in an attempt to blind her.

Pride vs. Pain. Winner undecided.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 21:51:49 GMT -6 via mobile »

Instinct forced her to draw one of her blades, this one from her sleeve, as the light blinded her and made her feel sick to her stomach. Fuck, she hated light.

Dropping away from the light, she rolled off the mat and onto the cold floor, where her wright couldn't be identified. She pushed herself to the right and rubbed at her eyes with her wrists, hidden from sight.

God she wanted to stab her.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 22:02:46 GMT -6 »

With her bad leg giving her trouble, Savaak doesn't try to stand or put her weight on it. She does get to her knees and crouches, hands alight again as she tries to get a feel of where Venus is.

She aims another blast under the beam in front of her, hoping to see any part of the cloaking weakened! She'll try to keep the beams between them for now if she can find Venus as a barrier, but she knows that's only going to work for so long.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 22:08:46 GMT -6 via mobile »

It only took her a few moments to get her sight back, even if it was spotty. However, as far as she knew, Savaak could only manipulate light. She couldn't create it.

Standing, she launched herself at the light switch and doused them both in darkness.

Ahh... darkness... familiar, comfortable darkness.

Venus took that moment to steady her silent breathing and get her eyes to stop aching as badly before turning her senses to Savaak, trying to hear her in the otherwise quiet room.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 22:46:58 GMT -6 »

With no ambient light to work off of, Savaak remains still and focuses on her breathing. She knows the cloaking game now, but Venus has the advantage.

She forces herself to steady her breathing and remain quiet, the pain in her leg flaring to the point she has to shift off of it, but at this point that doesn't do her much good. It's going to be a bitch getting to the infirmary when this is over.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 20, 2015 11:48:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus moved in the direction that Savaak had been in moments before, where she still was, until she caught the sound of breathing. Her eyes closed, she crouched and placed her hands gently against the ground, focusing strictly on locating her.

It seemed that she was fairly weak when she didn't have light to work with, but the spy didn't let her guard down. In the darkness and with her silent step, she was almost impossible to detect.

Moving forward on her toes and fingers, she waited until the breathing told her she was close enough to tackle the girl's legs, knowing one was still injured.

Quick Reply