Author Topic: Catch You If I Can (Venus, Jayshawn) (Read 503 times)
Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

Catch You If I Can (Venus, Jayshawn)
« Dec 17, 2015 12:29:38 GMT -6 »

Zora heads from the good Doctor's office with a smile on her face and a renewed energy in her heart. With everyone having helped her work through her issues, some socially, some mentally, some emotionally, and even in Silas's case, some physically, the old Zora was starting to break through again.

The young woman was trained, prepared, and ready for anything the world could throw at her once again! At least, so she thinks.

She'd sent word to Agent Campbell that she was ready for her training session, and had given her appropriate time to set up. Now that she's here, she pauses for a moment outside the door and mentally prepares herself. A few quick breaths to clear her mind, and to do her best to emulate her brother's level of focus.

She opens the door and sweeps the room, checking the corners immediately behind the door and to the opposite side first to ensure no sneak attacks off the bat!

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 12:37:21 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus had told Jayshawn the plan. Just meet the girl with an immediate fight and keep her distracted. See if she could focus on the task at hand.

She had perched herself up on top of a piece of equipment, easily perched and balanced as she stared at the door, waiting.

Between her camouflage and her silence, she was completely undetectable.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 12:48:31 GMT -6 »

Jayshawn is just standing the center of the room, giving his shoulders a shake when the small girl walks in. It's go time.

"Hope you ready for dis girl."

He charges at Zora, throwing a hard right for the girl's side. No need to use his power just yet.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 12:55:07 GMT -6 »

"Holy shi-" She starts, as her eyes set upon the large dude in the room, but her words are cut short as he charges!

She'll side step to the right and forward, raising her hands defensively as she tries to step around him.

"Did Campbell put you up to this?!"

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 13:00:19 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Find me, Agent Cross," her voice would echo around the room. She didn't move from her perch, carefully watching the girl's every move.

"Get this situation under control and complete your mission."

If she paid close attention, she might be able to figure out the general direction her voice was coming from.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 13:00:37 GMT -6 »

Jayshawn halts his momentum while swing his left arm wildly around as the girl side steps. The slight smirk on his face, if she catches it, gives her all the answer she'll need.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 16:47:03 GMT -6 »

The hand swings in, but Zora's arms are ready as well, pushing his arm up and crouching as she steps, lowering herself under the flailing fist.

As she gets around him, she'll back away, taking another look around Tutorial for the source of the voice. She had a vague idea of where she was supposed to be looking, but having a giant black man barreling at you can make it a bit hard to focus.

"What was that? I didn't catch that," she'd call out to the room itself, her eyes focusing on the imminent threat. If he's turned around, she'll beckon him to bring it on with a flick of her fingers.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 16:52:08 GMT -6 via mobile »

Smart girl. But not smart enough. Venus wouldn't speak again, mostly expecting Jayshawn to speak for her. She figured he would be able to answer that question.

She just remained still and silent, watching. Zora recovered from the surprise extremely well. It made her smile.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:04:14 GMT -6 »

Jayshawn turns slowly, more than happy to play the bull in this little game. He walks toward her in a casual manner while carefully watching the girl's eyes for the moment she falters her gaze away from him. If she doesn't, he stops his stroll within his own striking range and throws a hard left jab at the young girl's jaw.

If she looks away, she gets another rush. This time a heavy boot to the stomach.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:09:11 GMT -6 »

If Venus had spoken, her gaze might have faltered, but since she doesn't, it's all eyes on Jayshawn!

She steps back as his jab comes in, raising her right hand up to take it on the palm and ride it back depending on the force. She wants to get a feel for exactly how hard he's hitting!

Does Venus's camouflage bend light at all?

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:11:50 GMT -6 via mobile »

Think the Halo games.

However, she throws one of her little pebbles towards the ground near Zora, mostly to make noise that might distract her. Once the pebble leaves her hand, it's visible again, and might give the girl some clues as to Venus and her whereabouts.

Otherwise, she is still and silent.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:16:27 GMT -6 »

Jayshawn isn't holding anything back for this test, especially since the girl seems trained. That means she's getting the full force of a 260 pound cage fighter. He continues to apply the pressure, taking a larger step toward to cut the distance she tries to gain, another jab thrown toward her jaw but having a quick following right to her side.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:25:06 GMT -6 »

The force of the jab stings her hand considerably, which is all Zora needs to know!

She steps back again, swaying back from the jab and twisting back and to her right, the edge of her hand connecting with the outside of his punching wrist to redirect the blow closer inwards as she twists back, causing the ham-fist to go just in front of her stomach.

She'll sidestep again as he punches, taking a few steps if he lets up at all to keep more separation. This definitely wasn't Silas she was fighting this time, and so she's still formulating a strategy, reading his style as best she can.

She catches the rock land out of the corner of her eye, but once again, has to focus on Man Mountain before she can do anything about that.

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:35:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

Zora continued to impress her, keeping a surprising focus as she battled somebody who obviously outweighed her. She held her own. However, she did seem to forget the objective.

She needed to be able to observe her surroundings, even under stress.

Venus dropped from her perch, the equipment making a soft noise but her landing silent. As she moved to the right, closer to the wall, she kept Zora in her sights. If she could somehow escape Jayshawn and get to her, she wouldn't fight back. She'd let her tackle her and win.

She even had all her knives sheathed.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 17:42:14 GMT -6 »

Jayshawn keeps pressing forward as the girl tries to get away. This time he leans in with his upper body, arms cocked back in seeming preparation for attack but also providing her ample opportunity to strike him. Of course he's just using it to bait her in to attack as he rocks back and fires his right leg out toward her gut, keeping his attack rather simple in their execution.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 21:02:57 GMT -6 »

If she was trying for an attack, that would have been her moment, but her currently defensive nature allows her to see the kick and react. Her right hand would swing in a downward arc as she steps outside of it. The dodge alone wouldn't do the trick, but the heel of her first would strike the pressure point on his shin, sending a surprising spasm of pain up his leg but, more importantly, knocking the trajectory off-course as she twists her body to keep facing his.

This time, she'd follow up, planting her right leg and throwing a hard left roundhouse into the back of his standing knee. She's looking to drop him, at least temporarily, to get back to the main objective.

If successful, she'll grab the pebble that was thrown and, with a shout, whip it in the direction of the sound she'd heard, watching to see if it bounces off of anything that she can't see!

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 17, 2015 21:13:40 GMT -6 via mobile »

Venus had moved to the right, so the pebble would harmlessly attack the piece of equipment. She was a lot closer to Zora than she had been before.

If her attack on Jay worked, she would turn to gain momentum, kicking out for the younger agent's hip, strong enough to drop her.

Otherwise, she would just wait.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 1:38:57 GMT -6 »

Jay snarls at the blow to his shin, that stung. He brings his foot down quickly to rebalance himself after the miss. When the follow up round comes around, he shifts his weight enough to be able bend his leg down so the roundhouse connects more with his thigh. Lots of blows have been landed on this body.

From the lower position, the bulky man lunges forward to tackle the girl to the group, large arms sprawled out to take advantage of the size difference he has as her diminutive stature is causing him problems. If able to, he'll pin her to the ground on work for a full mount position, which will be admittedly awkward.

Let's all hope he gets matador-ed.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 11:45:41 GMT -6 »

As Jayshawn avoids the effect of her kick and turns to charge her, Zora feels more than perceives the presence near her. She spies the tiny indentations in the mat where Venus is standing, but also can sense the change in the flow of the air in the room as a foreign body blocks it in a particular direction. It's a tiny thing, but for someone who's been trained for six years of her life in the art of soldiery, it's not something to be discounted.

And so, as Jayshawn lunges forward in a football tackle, Zora will explode, becoming millions of tiny particles of sand. He might catch a couple in the eyes, but he'll realize quickly that he's not the target. The cloud of sand will fly in Venus's general direction, finding her presence by sheer number as they wrap around her and pull her to the ground, mid-kick.

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 13:25:41 GMT -6 »

My eyes! Jayshawn forces himself to resist the urge to shut his eyes or rub them as several grains of sand are caught as the exploding girl passes by. He switches to his steel form, allowing them to fall away as his body becomes entirely metal.

After that, he watches. How do you fight a sandstorm? Seriously...

Venus Campbell
Agent Trainee
Intelligence

Venus Campbell Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 21:47:45 GMT -6 via mobile »

As soon as the sand exploded, a smile grew on Venus's face. She was tackled to the ground by the sand particles, powerful by the sheer number. She didn't fight back or try to escape, and instead allowed her body to hit the ground, noiselessly. She let out a breath, but that too, wouldn't be heard.

She dropped her camouflage, allowing herself to be seen, and let out a laugh. If the sand would allow, she would push herself up onto her elbows.

"Good job, Agent Cross. You pass." She was still smiling rather widely. "Agent Jackson, will you turn around? Agent Cross needs to redress."

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 18, 2015 22:04:35 GMT -6 via mobile »

Jayshawn reverts his form, shuts his eyes and turns around.

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 19, 2015 0:27:44 GMT -6 »

She will be able to prop herself up, since Zora relents on the grip once she's on the floor.

As Jayshawn does the polite thing, Zora reforms, unconcerned about Venus seeing her naked as she quickly pulls on her underwear and clothing. Looser clothes she could zip back into, but she didn't think to put on any of those today.

Once she's done, she'll tap Jayshawn on the shoulder. "You good, big guy. And hey, pretty scrappy back there, I'd hate to have to take you in a real fight."

Jayshawn Jackson
Agent Trainee
Defense

Jayshawn Jackson Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 19, 2015 3:48:16 GMT -6 via mobile »

Once Jayshawn feels the tap on his shoulder, he opens his eyes and turns around. He grins with a brief chuckle at the girl's comment.

"I think ya'd do just fine, girl. Don't sale yaself short wit dat power."

Zora Cross
Agent
Intelligence

Zora Cross Avatar

[send pm]

« Dec 19, 2015 20:07:59 GMT -6 »

She returns the grin. "Thanks, dude!"

She'll turn to Venus and offers a hand up, if she so desires. "So that's good? It's not 'cheating,' or whatever?" She'll remark, using a mocking voice to say the word. After all, it's her power, it's part of her arsenal, she doesn't see why she shouldn't be able to use it.

Except for the part where her clothes can't come along, of course.

Quick Reply