Author Topic: Duty Bound [Mathew] (Read 603 times)
Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:37:23 GMT -6 »

Evelyn had contacted Mathew Amtrum, the trainer, and asked him to meet her down in the Tutorial. Already, she was down in the little metal room, stretching her lithe body. Two of her chains were out, wiggling behind her.

Unlike usual, she was not smiling.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:38:42 GMT -6 »

The doors opened as Mathew stepped in, his stone arm shifting to a blade without a word. He'd advance toward Evelyn and swing his blade for her. No greetings, no goals. Survival.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:39:36 GMT -6 »

It seems they had the same idea. She didn't give him time to advance.

She shifted away from him as one chain went for his arm, the other going to sink into his chest, and therefore, his soul.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:44:24 GMT -6 »

With the fall of his right foot a spike would shoot out of the ground and into the chain going for his chest as he swiped at the one that went for his arm.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:46:29 GMT -6 »

She made a noise of surprise as the links of her chain caught on the stone, but the other chain responded, almost as if on its own. It wrapped around the blade, trying to catch it and jerk him forward.

Her hand would go to try and hit him in the nose, if he fell forward, as hard as she possibly could. Hopefully, that wouldn't mean pushing his nose into his brain, but hey...

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:49:27 GMT -6 »

Seemed they had the same idea. When the chain wrapped around his blade arm he'd pull back to pull her toward him. Both of them stumbling forward he'd lift up his right leg to try and slam it into her gut with a small hop which would hopefully keep him out of range of a solid palm to the nose.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:51:34 GMT -6 »

She stumbled forward, but it meant that her other chain was, for at least a moment, forgotten about. It seemed to disappear just as a third one shot out, her palm still going for his nose even as the third chain went forward. Because of his movement, it would mean meeting his foot just before it hit her gut.

Either way, it would hurt.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 13:57:48 GMT -6 »

Pain would ripple through both fighters as the chain connected with his foot only a moment before it slammed into her gut. His eyes bulged out in surprise from the unnatural sense of pain

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:00:57 GMT -6 »

He would feel every bit of pain she did as her chain delved into his soul. Her other chain, still wrapped around his arm, pulled and jerked, trying to separate the stone from the rest of his arm. She had almost forgotten that his arm was not an actual arm and couldn't break.

Then, she would attempt to energy dump him, rather suddenly.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:06:05 GMT -6 »

It was around the time that she was pulling and jerking on his stone arm that a metal blade would erupt from the ground violently slashing at the chain that had wrapped around his arm. There was a brief moment of resistance before the chain broke.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:10:10 GMT -6 »

There was a second of absolute stillness. Nothing in her moved; she didn't even breathe. She just stood there for a brief moment.

Then, it would feel like a part of her soul shattered. Everything hurt, all of a sudden. Pain she couldn't escape. Pain she couldn't get away from. Her mind went completely blank and her fingers spasmed. She hit her knees.

And, of course... Since her chain was inside Mathew.... He felt everything she felt. Just as her soul shattered... so did his.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:14:55 GMT -6 »

Mathew was good at withstanding pain. In almost every form. But this was a type of pain that he had never experienced. A type of pain that he didn't really even understand as his body convulsed with pain. He'd drop to his knees beside her.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:16:42 GMT -6 »

With both of them on their knees, there wasn't much either could do. There were tears in Evie's eyes, but her scream died at her lips. She could hear a voice whispering across her mind. The bad guys wouldn't care if she screamed.

Her hands balled into fists and she forced every pain she could imagine, using the shattering of her soul as a reference, through the chain still attached to him. It was like an energy dump... Only a lot more painful.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:20:09 GMT -6 »

She was learning a lesson he had learned long ago. That your enemies don't care if you are hurt, if you are at a disadvantage. That you needed to go out kicking and screaming, fighting with your last breath. With all of his focus and concentration that he could muster through the searing pain he formed a metal pillar behind Evelyn to shoot out for the base of her skull as she energy dumped him.

His world turned white as pain seared every corner of his being and mind before nothing was left but the blackness of oblivion as he collapsed to the ground unconscious.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:21:46 GMT -6 »

The pillar hit her and her world went black. Her chains disappeared and her body dropped, limp, to the ground.

Double KO.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:29:47 GMT -6 »

Eventually Mathew would wake up on the ground where he would take a few moments to just kind of... pull himself together and compose himself while he had any form of privacy next to the unconscious Evelyn.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:32:26 GMT -6 »

In her state, her body had curled into a defensive little ball, but all of her chains were inside her. She had begun to slowly stir, but reached one hand back to delicately rub where she had been hit.

Muttering softly, she went to put her hands under her and push herself up. At least she wasn't in the infirmary.

Noticing Mathew, she asked softly, "Are you okay?"

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:40:34 GMT -6 »

"Always am."

He'd grunt before slowly getting to his feet. His focus was to not appear to be unsteady or uneasy despite his body feeling like it was made of water. One thing he could not afford though was to appear to have limitations. Not if it meant that any of the students would hold back and not reach their full potential. That was his job. That was the duty he was bound to perform.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:44:57 GMT -6 via mobile »

She moved to her knees but didn't bother trying to get to her feet. She was obviously shaking.

"Don't... Mr. Amtrum, be careful? I... that was a lot of... energy."

She winced slightly, expecting to get yelled at.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 14:46:35 GMT -6 »

He managed to stand up without shaking or faltering. He'd grunt at Eve's warning.

"Then the mistake you made was using so much energy that you lose focus of your surroundings."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 15:03:29 GMT -6 »

She stared at him for a moment, fighting the urge to argue with him. She pressed her lips together tightly, then shifted to try and stand up as well.

"I've never had a chain broken before," she said with a single nod. "I'll do better."

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 17:08:55 GMT -6 »

He'd offer her a hand to help her up.

"I don't know how your power works. But I can give you advice on if it was my own power."

He'd wait for a response.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 17:12:17 GMT -6 »

She reached up to take his hand, letting him help her up. Smiling, she realized that he wasn't treating her like he had after her training session.

"That would be nice. Thank you, Mr. Amtrum. Any advice would help a lot."

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 17:23:03 GMT -6 »

"It's a matter of power and control. I can take a steel blade and break it or not with another steel blade, or even a weaker metal. This is because my power can infuse itself inside the material that I am manipulating it. Making it stronger, harder. Or weaker if I want to break it. I would suggest training on strengthening your chains. Use them to break harder and stronger materials. Push yourself."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

Duty Bound [Mathew]
« Feb 16, 2016 17:27:53 GMT -6 »

"I think I've been working a little too much on the mental aspect of my chains," Eve admitted, rubbing her side slightly. It was going to bruise, she knew, and her body ached with exhaustion.

"I've gone up against Director Allcott with them, but I wasn't able to get him off of me..."

She wasn't complaining, simply thinking aloud. Her fingers moved from her side to the back of her head, checking for any blood. When she didn't find any, she turned her focus back solely on the trainer.

"What kind of metal is the floor made out of? That's what broke my chains, right?"

Quick Reply