Author Topic: Party Crashers (Open/No Mercy peeps) (Read 1,502 times)
Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

Party Crashers (Open/No Mercy peeps)
« Feb 17, 2016 23:38:27 GMT -6 »

Nate limped, gimped and followed along, answering at exactly the same time Lars did. Making sure to be just as infuriating to the towering giant as he could. After all, anger makes people do stupid things.

"Oh, I'm Nate, been floating around for here for about a day. Cool place gotta say." He commented still limping along. "How bout you? You been here long? I mean I imagine so, tall dark and loud over there seemed to at least have something akin to respect for ya." He commented offhandedly, the wire in his hand being turned and knotted this way and that, the sound of glass beads clinking loudly against one another in his pocket, almost irritating in their volume.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:40:17 GMT -6 »

Just as they walk up towards the academy, Jack pulls up at the front doors on his motorcycle, frowning.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:48:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

The sound of the motorcycle brought her a strange sense of comfort. She glanced over her shoulder, looking to Jack with obvious panic on her face.

She had just won a match... and suddenly, she was worse than before. She didn't have a clue what to do.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:51:27 GMT -6 »

"That was fast," Hursley scoffs, as Lars strides past Evie.

"Sparky! Good of you to show up. Red here was just looking for you."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:54:46 GMT -6 »

Nate looks toward Evie and limps up next to her, whispering very carefully so only she could hear him, his eyes turning toward Lars and his retinue of guards. "Are you okay?" There was obvious concern in his voice, his brown eyes trained intensely on the hulking individual standing before the Director he'd been speaking too only a few moments before.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 0:01:13 GMT -6 »

"Uh huh."

Jack says, sounding pretty annoyed.

"You shouldn't have come here."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 0:12:19 GMT -6 »

"Sorry, Sparks. Got orders from up top."

Lars seems completely nonchalant in front of Jack!

"Sent me to give a message. And an offer."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 0:37:31 GMT -6 »

Nate watches the pair of them converse, like old friends and his hand leaves his pocket, the trick-wire invisibly wrapped around it ready for use just in case. "Wouldn't trust the words of a guy who'd separate an old man and his walking stick if I were you." He called out to Jack, turning his attention towards Lars specifically.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 1:40:27 GMT -6 »

Josh had been hiding out on the bench previously like a total coward, but when he was called out, he felt like he had no choice but to face up to the fact that he was involved in this situation. Evie he recognized, the other guy he didn't, and the interlopers were obviously folks he had never seen before. If just for Evie's sake (and his desire for comic-style heroism), Josh steeled himself to follow Evie in her leading this... thing... off to Director Makalia, where he made like a good boy and remained silent.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 7:08:35 GMT -6 »

Jack gives Evie a reassuring smile, before nodding towards Nathaniel. His kids didn't trust this, he'd keep that in mind.

He looks up towards the sky, frowning thoughtfully.

"What offer?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 12:35:31 GMT -6 via mobile »

She fought the urge to run to Jack and just start crying. Lars seemed focused on the Director, which meant she had to take care of the other agents.

Leading Nate over to Josh so the three of them could be standing near each other, she reached out to take Josh's hand, hoping to comfort him.

"Be ready," she whispered, turning to look at Hursley.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 12:37:11 GMT -6 »

"We've got a little mutual problem called the Empire. They get what they want, ain't gonna be room for anyone like us to do business, and some of us have enough beef with 'em already. Right Hursley?"

Hursley just nods. He looks ready to step in if anything gets out of hand, and as Evie turns to look at him, he stares her down. Not getting a verbal response, Lars seems to shrug and go back to what he was saying.

"So, we're sending our guys off to war too. Y'all don't interfere with our activities any more, and in return you get our help fighting them. Boss kind of wants either the old man or the stretchy kid back, but you know, I'm willing to take or leave that."

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 12:59:40 GMT -6 »

"So, let me just see if I can sum this up right."

Jack looks down at Lars, face still tilted upwards.

"You experiment on prisoners, threaten others to cooperate by targeting families, you terrorize my agents here, and you're hoping for one of Paradigm's prisoners to be given to you. Yet somehow, you think you're better than the Empire."

He tilts his head a little.

"And you think we want your help?"

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 13:00:33 GMT -6 »

"Ready for what?" Josh whispered back, though his eyes remained transfixed at Lars and the person with him. His hand gave a little bit of a squeeze; was Evie holding it? That was nice of her. He wondered who was scared more, but his money was on himself.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 13:06:05 GMT -6 »

Lars seems to think that breakdown is hilarious, given the grin Jack gets.

"I think you need it, Sparky. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 13:08:15 GMT -6 via mobile »

She met Hursley's gaze, but THAT was easy. He wasn't nearly as scary as his Beast monster friend, and nowhere near as bad as Mathew Amtrum.

Just because it's Evie... She offered Hursley a dazzling smile, even if it was the farthest thing from genuine she had ever done.

"If these guys get violent, go after that guy, okay?" She whispered back, too low to be overheard by anyone other than the boys beside her. "I'll go after the Lars guy with Jack."

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 13:15:31 GMT -6 »

"I think you need to remember who you're talking to. I don't need help from people who torture for fun."

Jack doesn't smile back.

"You have a nice trick with the darkness. We have a kid here who does something of the same thing. But the good thing about that darkness is it's made it a lot easier for me to prepare this."

Jack points up at the sky with one hand.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 13:57:58 GMT -6 »

"For fun? For a cause, Sparks. Just like you've got one, we've got one, and right now they align."

The mention of darkness seems to make Lars much more serious, for a moment. The grin disappears, and his expression, as much as such things can be read on his "mask", seems like he recognises that power.

At the raising of Jack's hand, Lars' soldiers raise their rifles at Evie, Josh, and Nate, and Hursley takes a few long steps towards the redhead. Even though he doesn't say anything, Lars shakes his head as if to make the implied threat more apparent.

"Down, boy. If I were here for a fight your pretty little school'd be burnt to the ground right now, and your little brat students would be lunch."

The darkness covering him roils and twists and shapes begin to form in the haze.

"So settle on down and think about what you're spitting on here."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 14:05:50 GMT -6 via mobile »

Evie stepped up between Hursley and the boys, letting go of Josh's hand and bracing her shoulders.

"Back. Off."

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 14:08:45 GMT -6 »

Soldiers raising rifles was all the motion Jack needed, and before Hursley makes it two steps forward, even before Lars opens his mouth to continue talking, the courtyard is illuminated in massively bright light. Lars might recognize the power, but apparently he hasn't remembered the strength of that power.

Three massive bolts of lightning split the sky apart, one encompassing every single soldier and their wonderful metal equipment, another reserved for Hursley as he takes his third step, and the third slamming into Lars, straight into the latter two's skulls. If this was fifteen years ago, Jack would've only been able to hit one target, and not have much say as to how much strength came from each one.

Now... well, not even John would've gotten up from one of these, given the amount of preparation Jack had put into this attack.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 14:17:05 GMT -6 »

Oh boy, rifles.

Yeah, the moment those bad boys were raised, Josh crossed his arms in front of him, raising a shield in front of himself, Evie and Nate. No way was he going to be the patsy in a Mexican standoff.

Right around that same time, lightning decided to tear through everything and wreck the soldiers. Was... this the power of the director!?

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 18, 2016 14:41:18 GMT -6 »

Nate watched Josh defend him and the others and a mass of lightning to come crashing down onto the soldiers, the bully and Hursley. "Holy... Are you serious right now..?" He asked in outright awe. "You can do tha..." Nate's voice sounded just like that of a child in awe.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 11:59:08 GMT -6 via mobile »

Evie made a squeak of surprise at the lightning, staying behind the shield with Josh and Nate.

It took her a second to recognize it as Jack, but after a second, she began to relax.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 16:28:04 GMT -6 »

When the light fades, Hursley is face down in the grass, his hair burnt off, probably comatose or dead by the stillness. His men are fallen on the ground, most likely gone. Hard to tell with the full armour, but by the melted patches and the fact Hursley hasn't gotten back up, it's easy to guess.

Jack heard Lars cry out, and his shadowy covering blow apart, and now a large man with sandy blond hair is at the Director's feet. He seems less charred than Hursley, as if the roiling mass protected him from most of the blast, but he hasn't moved yet.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:00:27 GMT -6 »

Jack looks down at Lars' body, aiming his hand towards him.

On the one hand, this was exactly what he told his agents not to do. Executing prisoners was a terrible crime, something he preached against time and time again. To do it right now, in front of his junior agents, would be setting a terrible example.

But on the other hand, he called him Sparky.

Jack fires again.

Quick Reply