Author Topic: Party Crashers (Open/No Mercy peeps) (Read 1,504 times)
Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Party Crashers (Open/No Mercy peeps)
« Feb 16, 2016 14:07:43 GMT -6 »

(This is probably not going to be real time, so don't worry, folks)

Some time after Jack's announcement, all seems quiet in the courtyard, although it's a tense quiet instead of a calm one.

Then, out nowhere, a thin line forms in the air and extends for a moment before abruptly expanding into a huge blue doorway! Who's here to see it?

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 2:37:41 GMT -6 »

Josh is probably there to see it, considering he was outside, enjoying a quiet moment on a bench in the courtyard.

When he sees the doorway, he's a little bit speechless and plants his hand on the back of the bench, pushes up his glasses by the bridge with his middle finger.

"Wha... hooooooo boy..."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

The world forgetting by the world forgot.

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 7:26:19 GMT -6 via mobile »

Evie was lying in the grass on her back, relaxing and letting her soul heal. Stretching her arms, she turned her head to look around and then startled.

Sitting up, panic gripped her chest as she turned to look at the door. Her hands were quivering, raised up to her lips.

"Ah, heck..."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:07:27 GMT -6 »

The door is stationary for a few long moments, energy pulsating and writhing around, but before long Josh, Evie, and anyone else who shows up can see figures start to emerge. At their head, a man cloaked in inky shadows strides into the courtyard as if he owns the place, looking around with what looks to be a toothy smirk. At his side, Evie would recognise Hursley.

What she won't recognise are the squad of soldiers that come right after them, clad in sleek metallic armour that looks like some futuristic update to the plate harnesses worn by knights of old and wielding advanced-looking rifles at low ready. The soldiers fan out as if checking the area for threats, but the shadowy man raises a hand and they relax, two of them looking at Evie and Josh.

"Easy, fellas! If there's any trouble I'm not even gonna need ya."

"It's still Paradigm, sir," Hursley points out, but the figure scoffs.

"Paradigm Schmaradigm. This is a milk run." He sniffs the air, and the smirk turns into a feral grin. "Love what they've done with the place."

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:19:33 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Jordan..."

The second she noticed Hursley, she pushed herself up to her feet and was standing there, trying to back away from the soldiers. Her hands were in the pockets of her jacket, fiddling with her phone.

She had Jack's number on speed dial.

Trying not to panic, she glanced at the people, pressing the button and hoping like hell that her boss picked up.

"What are you doing here?" Evie shouted at the man. "This is Paradigm! Were you invited?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:26:11 GMT -6 »

On seeing the movement, some of the soldiers snap to attention and raise their rifles at Evie, but on another nod from the man, they ease up. The shadowy man and Hursley both stare at her, looking unimpressed.

"Invited?" Shadow man cackles, in a low, raspy voice, as if it's the best joke he's heard in a long time. "Sent, girl. But I like you, you've got guts talkin' to me like that. What's your name, Red?"

The "mask" parts a little to reveal a smile with far too many teeth.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:34:16 GMT -6 »

After a few rings, the phone picks up.

"Yello?"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:35:10 GMT -6 via mobile »

She forced herself not to flinch away from the rifles. She was shaking and trying her best to hide it, hoping like hell she would be able to get out of here alive, and still not knowing if Jack had a clue what was going on.

"That is classified information, and sent or not, I don't think you have the clearance!"

Wow. Sassy Evie. The sound of chains could be heard if somebody paid close enough attention but there were no obvious chains.

"I suggest you have your soldiers lower their weapons!"

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 21:35:47 GMT -6 by Evelyn Cravens » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:44:23 GMT -6 »

That makes him laugh even louder, as he takes a couple deliberate steps towards her, separating from Hursley and their guards. The soldiers have already lowered their weapons, and just stand there. Watching.

"Should we do something?" one whispers to another, who shrugs.

"Lars has this."

'Lars' doesn't seem to notice or care about the little discussion, looking right at Evie.

"I'm just gonna call ya Red then, Red. Heard you had some 'visitors', so I was told to drop by."

Some of the shadows roll off him, making the surrounding area feel much darker suddenly.

"You all should feel honoured. I don't stretch my legs for just anyone."

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:53:34 GMT -6 »

Nate was headed across the courtyard, limping with his crutches when he noticed the doorway and the soldiers. "Great, I'm not even here a whole day..."

Noticing the rifles raised and lowered at some random girl, his bravery (see Idiocy, Websters Dictionary) dragged him over to the crowd. "Yo, you folks okay?" He asked limping over.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 21:56:03 GMT -6 via mobile »

The secretary didn't dare look away from the man in the mask. Her jaw was clenched.

"What visitors?"

When the new guy walked up, she silently prayed that he wouldn't get shot. She appraised the distance between herself and 'Lars'.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:01:36 GMT -6 »

"Blah blah blah, we're fine, kid," Lars says to the newcomer! "Guys, he interrupts again, shoot him."

All the soldiers look over to Nate, and although they don't raise their weapons, they look ready. Lars seems to be about fifteen feet away, and with the guards looking at Nate, they won't notice if she moves closer. But Hursley and Lars probably will.

For his part, Hursley is hanging out by the portal, arms crossed. Looking bored and vaguely contemptuous as Lars chuckles about Evie's question.

"Oh, which to start with? The runaway stretchy brat? The old man and his little 'family'?" He turns the word 'family' into a mocking falsetto. "Or how about a certain mutual enemy?"

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:06:51 GMT -6 »

Nate looked toward the soldiers, a door just like the one he'd seen them come in from the start appeared behind him. Four soldiers, uncannily similar to the one's that flanked the two others stood behind Nate, their rifles raised and aimed towards the other soldiers. Not a single figment of any of them were 'real' Even the doors had been illusions.

Nate kept limping toward the redhead, the soldiers following behind him just as they had moved from the original portal.

Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:08:33 GMT -6 »

"Ugh. Something happening at the school again, probably."

Jack grumbles, before the phone hangs up.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:10:35 GMT -6 via mobile »

Anger touched her eyes as she stared at the man. The stranger must have done something, and Evie could only hope that it would distract everybody. She needed to get about five feet closer to be of any use.

"I'd suggest you back off, shadow man. I don't think out visitors are of any concern to you. You are on Paradigm grounds, unwelcome. Please. Leave."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:16:25 GMT -6 »

The soldiers pause, as "men" wearing their own armour appear next to Nate, but after one touches a hand to his helmet for a few seconds, they raise their rifles at him in clear warning!

Hursley rolls his eyes, looking amused for a split second, while Lars takes another step towards Evie, covering a few of those extra feet. He looms over her effortlessly - already very tall, he almost seems to grow, and the shadows darken near him.

"Oh, that's where you're wrong, Red. This is no social call, it's business, and the people pulling your pretty little strings? They'll very much want to hear what good ol' Lars has to say."

This close, she can practically feel the overpowering smell coming from him. A horde of beasts and men forced into the shape of a person, and all of them focussed right on her. Red eyes start to peer out at her from the inky smoke, lining his coat.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 22:17:40 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:24:30 GMT -6 »

Nate was only a few feet from Evie when the soldier's rifles were raised toward him. His own soldiers, still holding their rifles trained on them tensed. He hadn't said a word, preferring to maintain their 'rules' until they broke them, it would give him and his deception more time to come up with something.

He hoped Evie was a good actor, at least a passable one. He had very little he could help her with that was 'real'.

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:33:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

She didn't know which was stronger: her anger or her fear. But she managed to stand straight, despite the quivering. She met the red eyes, trying to breathe evenly.

"If you were interested in speaking to my boss, then you would have walked in like a normal person without a battalion of guards. We have our own army, you know."

She took a step towards him, shoulders squared. It closed the gap, but fear gripped her. She didn't know if she'd make it out alive if she attacked him.

"I suggest you explain yourself to me. I will speak directly to those in charge."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:42:47 GMT -6 »

"You've got guts, Red, I respect that! So here's my counteroffer."

He raises a hand, and the soldiers look about ready to open fire on Nate! They don't yet though, waiting for word.

"Get your boss down here, and I won't shoot him or eat you. Or fatty over there."

He nods to Josh, and raises his voice to carry it down to that bench.

"Yeah, I mean you!"

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:58:28 GMT -6 via mobile »

She stood still for a second longer, then shook her head. Her heart was pounding.

"Fine. Let them go and I'll take you to see the Director."

She flinched, uncertainty beginning to show through her bravado.

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 22:59:38 GMT -6 »

Nate looked toward the towering figure of Lars and smiled, calm cool and confident. At least that's what he looked like. Two of Nate's soldier's leveled their guns on Lars, acting as body guards would, at least the one's in the movies. "Yeah, bullies, gotta have your guards shoot the guy on crutches cause you're too much of a coward to do it yourself..."

He shook his head and continued to limp towards Evie, coming to stand about eight feet behind her. "Or you could leave and save face from getting you ass handed to you by a girl and a cripple."

Nate had been very careful with his positioning, an illusion popping up into reality midstep before he reached Evie. He WAS about eight feet behind her, to her left. Only he was a bit more to her left. His hold was reasonable and strong on his illusions, they hadn't done anything really taxing, and he'd pulled up one on himself, making it look like he was about a foot and a half more to the left than he actually was.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:12:46 GMT -6 »

Nathaniel Crane Avatar
Nate looked toward the towering figure of Lars and smiled, calm cool and confident. At least that's what he looked like. Two of Nate's soldier's leveled their guns on Lars, acting as body guards would, at least the one's in the movies. "Yeah, bullies, gotta have your guards shoot the guy on crutches cause you're too much of a coward to-"
Right then and there, a large, inhuman head sticks out from under Lars' coat and roars, sending out a blast of compressed air which knocks Nate's crutch out from under him, knocking him to the grass! Hursley and the soldiers laugh, while Lars hasn't taken his eyes off Evie.

"Deal. Kid, thank Red for saving your skin."

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 23:14:39 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Nathaniel Crane
Student
Intelligence

Nathaniel Crane Avatar

Are you sure it's real?

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:20:54 GMT -6 »

Nate hit the grass and grinned up at Lars, the laughter of the others helping to fuel his act. "Called it." He said his own soldiers who walked back to vanish through the same kind of door they had come in from in the first place.

Nate struggled to get up, reaching into his pocket for his trick-wire. Wrapping it expertly in his finger, he got himself standing and clumsily limped toward Evie. "You shouldn't let bullies like him intimidate ya, ya know." He commented quietly, looking back to the towering figure of Lars.

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2016 23:28:28 GMT -6 by Nathaniel Crane » Back to Top  

Evelyn Cravens
Mentor
Intelligence

Evelyn Cravens Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:24:21 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Please, stay back." Evie whispered, giving a shake of her head. She swallowed and turned her back to the monster that was Lars, hoping he would let her do what she needed to do to keep him safe.

She would lead Lars towards the Academy, assuming nobody else tried to follow.

"Who are you?" She asked softly.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 17, 2016 23:30:54 GMT -6 »

"Name's Lars! I like you, Red, but not enough to spill my whole life story to a girl who won't give me her name."

He saunters after her like a king at court, looking around himself, and the portal closes! Hursley and the soldiers follow, not aggressively, their posture indicating coming along to make sure nobody tries anything. Hursley looks almost nostalgic, having been on these grounds for a brief time so many years ago.

Nothing is stopping Josh or Nate from following too, technically!

Quick Reply