Author Topic: Milkshakes Bring What to the Yard? (Eric, Sarah) (Read 678 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

Milkshakes Bring What to the Yard? (Eric, Sarah)
« Feb 19, 2016 17:35:31 GMT -6 »

Rebecca puts the bra back, looking down at the floor for a moment as she processes that little confession. She blinks a couple of times and steps back away from the rack for a moment.

"He needs to know." She glances at Sarah, then at a rack with shirts on it, no longer interested in looking for herself. Not that this was any better.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:36:39 GMT -6 »

"I know," she said softly.

Then, she stopped, grabbing one of the bras at random and turning back to look at Becca.

"He has a right to know. I'm not denying that. I just need to have time with you guys before I... leave."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:41:35 GMT -6 »

Anything she might have said is torn apart as Sarah mentions leaving. Her heart sinks in her chest as she pauses, losing track of her thoughts and what she had been doing. her hand falls limply to her side.

"Yeah." The words is barely a whisper as she clears her throat, trying not to think of how her other best friend is going off to war and might not come back. That she was watching two of the people she cared for the most, more than just friends, act as a couple. As if nothing was wrong.

As if those feelings didn't matter.

"I understand." Not really. One of them was going to have to tell him, though she understood wanting to be together before leaving. She clears her throat and looks away, then back at some of the clothes.

"I don't know what size you wear." Everything she says and does just makes it worse.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:44:23 GMT -6 »

She chuckled as Becca tried to get things back to normal, giving a little shrug. She told the girl her size, then continued to look through the things on the rack.

"Ooh, look at this." She pulled free a bra with a grin. "What's your size? If they have it in your size, you HAVE to get this one."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:47:27 GMT -6 »

Rebecca nods and selects this shirt in the appropriate size, holding it up for Sarah to look at.

"What do you think?"  She stops and blinks at the bar her friend picks out, a smile slowly spreading across her face until it becomes an amused grin.

"I think you know me well."  She laughs again, trying to let things return to normal.  Normal was good.  Normal was not what this was.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:50:42 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Wicked," Sarah said with a laugh as they exchanged the tops.

This wasn't normal, but it was better.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 18:01:29 GMT -6 »

"Excellent." She swaps clothes with her friend and looks around, still mulling over her options.

"You know, I've only looked at stuff like this once before." Another glance. "There's so much." And she could actually wear it without worrying about the stuff rotting off of her in less than half an hour!

"So. We need a movie night," she adds, then pauses as she catches sight of a bit of rich red satin. She'd gotten Sarah a gory musical movie, teh sort of thing that was suppose to be comical, but she didn't know if the girl had seen it yet. Between that and the small fuzzy calico plush, she'd hoped that she'd been able to get Sarah something she liked.

She makes her way to the next rack, eyes lighting up as she pulls out a red corset with flowery black lace creeping down the front. Perfect.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 18:03:05 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Nice pick," she says with a nod to the corset. "I'm assuming you can tie it?"

Then, looking through, she thought about the movie night for a minute. She hadn't watched her gift yet, and who better to watch it with?

"Sounds good to me. I've got another week or so before I ship out."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 18:51:28 GMT -6 »

Her question invokes another laugh as she wiggles her fingers. "Don't tell anyone, but yes."  She hooks the hanger over her forearm and looks at a few more things, realizing she's going to have to put a limit on how much she gets.  Then again, she does need at least one outfit that hasn't been selected by her podmates.  So much color.  Her eyes almost bleed at the thought.

She also refused to go blonde.

"You've brought me hope and financial doom," she admits as she picks out a skirt.  It was short enough that Eric would like it almost as much as she did, tying off at the sides on the bottom.

Now she needed shoes.

"So Tuesday work for you?"

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2016 18:56:44 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 14:56:37 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Tuesday works," Sarah agreed as she grabbed a few different bras to try on, eventually grabbing a skirt as well.

She hung the outfits on her arm and then turned to Becca.

"Come on. Shoes and socks and stuff are over here."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 15:38:03 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

"Lead the way, sensei." Rebecca follow ls with determination!

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 16:55:42 GMT -6 via mobile »

She laughed, shaking her head, and led her to the boot section.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 17:28:06 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Rebecca starts looking at the boots when they get closer.

She may be looking at some with a bit of a heel. Maybe.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 21:06:55 GMT -6 »

Sarah saw her friend looking at the ones with heels and she snickered.

"Can you actually walk in heels? Like, actual heels? Or do you still need little kitten ones?"

She grabbed one of the boots off the wall and showed Becca.

"These are really simple, but if you can function with the heels, then they'll look great. Especially with that skirt you picked out."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 22:52:06 GMT -6 »

"You are saving my wardrobe," she half whispers with a look of relief as she takes the boots from Sarah and hugs them to her chest. Then she gives her friend a sly grin, looking up at her with a tilt of her chin.

"Don't tell anyone, though. It's my little secret." She chuckles, not letting the boots go. "I couldn't bring them with me." Or wear them much. But hey, when your dad works and you're home alone, guess what? Things happen.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:00:11 GMT -6 »

Sarah laughed at the image and gave a little shrug. She understood: her mother had forbidden heels, which just made them all the more appealing. She continued to look through the shoes for something for herself but didn't see anything she simply HAD to have. She would be leaving most of her shoes behind, after all.

"Well, if that's the case, then you need more than just one pair. Those boots are awesome, but if you're just wearing a black outfit, you need something with more color. So let's see... I'll buy you a pair of actual heels..."

It was an offer, technically, but she made it clear she wouldn't take no for an answer. She liked doing nice things for Becca, and it wasn't like she spent her money on much else.

"Nothing too over-the-top... still needs color, though... Hmm... Ooh, these will go with that corset you picked out, or with any black outfit."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:31:03 GMT -6 »

"You don't have to." Unfortunately, Rebecca knows the 'no isn't an option' tone when it comes to her friend, and she doesn't want to push further and ruin the lifted mood. Today's for Sarah, she reminds herself. If her friend wants to spend money on others...it probably shouldn't be this. At least it's shoes this time.

"They're adorable." She can feel herself starting to cave at the sight of heels not so unusual after her other trip to the mall with her podmates. She takes another look at the shoes and carefully takes them from Sarah, getting ready to be sure she has the right sizes.

"Just don't break the bank today on these, okay?" Price tags are still her enemy. They always speak the truth.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:34:25 GMT -6 »

"Oh, shut your face," Sarah said with a wave of her hand. "I don't have much else to break the bank on, and Blackfly's always has reasonable prices. Just enjoy that I get to spoil you, sometimes."

She laughed, making sure everything was in the right size, and then beginning to head over towards the dressing rooms. She wanted to make sure a few things fit before she bought them.

"If you want to try things on, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll meet you at the counter."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:50:00 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, I'd rather not find out the hard way I didn't figure everything properly." A glance at the tags shows that Sarah's right, which is a relief. With a good natured sigh, she follows after her friend, her voice solemn.

"And lo, the goddess of Blackfly's stepped forth and the masses parted before her." Masses of clothes, anyway. She's glad Eric's not here for this part or she'd be as red as her heels. Her chest tightens at the anticipation of what she's going to look like in these.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 12:56:24 GMT -6 »

Sarah raised both arms dramatically, then laughed, slipping into one of the dressing rooms. She genuinely enjoyed her time with Becca. It was relaxing, calming.

Beginning to try on the outfits she could, she modeled for herself in the mirror. It gave her time to think.

"This shirt is good for lingerie," she called out about the outfit Becca had picked out for her. "But I could probably wear it out in public. Well, if I don't mind looking a bit ho-ish."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 13:02:48 GMT -6 »

Rebecca starts trying on stuff! All the straps and laces make things interesting, and the boots take a little more time because of it.

"You should wear it outside, then!" She laughs and shakes her head, even if Sarah can't see.

"Besides, considering where you spent your holiday, you're beyond allowed to show off."

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 13:36:33 GMT -6 »

"Oh god," she groaned. "If I ever see another habit, it'll be too soon."

She was glad that she could laugh about her family, her heritage. Most people would not look at Sarah and see a good little Catholic nun-to-be. She hated to think about it at all, actually.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 13:42:35 GMT -6 »

"See? All the more reason to do so." Her smile can practically be heard in her voice as she smothers another laugh. In her own dressing room, she doesn't have to play fashion show and can take a few steps in those boots to make sure she's as comfortable as she claimed to be in them. She wriggled her toes, twisting and turning as she admired herself in the mirror with content.

So far, so good. But now it was time for the thinner heels and corset.

"Maybe you can work it into being part of your squad outfit?" She hadn't gone to the super secret meeting, but she'd heard about it. With Sarah no longer sporting clover green hair, they'd have to think of something!

She didn't know about Sarah's Christmas present from Eric.

Sarah White
Mentor
Defense

Sarah White Avatar

When Autumn Came...

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 15:27:17 GMT -6 »

"I've got this obnoxiously green catsuit thing for my Super Squad outfit," she said with a laugh, changing out of the shirt she liked so much and looking through the other clothes.

"I guess it makes up for me being blonde again."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Feb 21, 2016 18:17:37 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

Rebecca doesn't bother trying to hide her snicker. "Please tell me it's not frog green or like green. I'll get him for you if it is."

There's a moment's pause as she thanks the stars she double jointed.

For several moments, she stares at her reflection. Even with her "makeover" shopping trip, she still wasn't used to what she was seeing. She gives the fabric a hesitant touch, watching the reflection do the same as a smile slowly spreads across her face.

She could get used to this.

After a few more minutes, she steps out and looks for Sarah, heading towards her when she sees her.

Quick Reply