Author Topic: I Am the Night (Becca) (Read 658 times)
Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

I Am the Night (Becca)
« Feb 23, 2016 13:46:13 GMT -6 »

"They're good at that." Rebecca nods and steps away from the bookshelf, tucking her personal one under one arm. "But that's all they can do. You have to do the rest." She starts to walk back own the aisle and past him!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

I Am the Night (Becca)
« Feb 23, 2016 13:58:18 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, sounds like."

He lets her walk past, starting to go back to his research, but before she's out of earshot he'll turn around and call out, quietly, one last time.

"Hey, Becca? Thanks. If you get the chance to talk to either of them, see if maybe they're willing to hear me out before I'm off to war, or at least tell 'em I'm sorry for lashing out, I'd appreciate that, but if not, you can still call in that debt whenever you want."

He tries to make the last bit sound playful, with a smile he doesn't really feel. Still better than earlier, being all morose.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

I Am the Night (Becca)
« Feb 23, 2016 14:25:54 GMT -6 »

Rebecca listens, but only nods in response. She doesn't see the need to plead someone else's case, let alone about this, but at least he's not in a funk for the moment.

She leaves Aaron to do his thing by his lonesome!

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

I Am the Night (Becca)
« Feb 23, 2016 14:28:39 GMT -6 »

Because he's not sure they'll give him the time of day, but if she at least vouched for him...

She doesn't see the frown appear, because her back is turned, and then he goes back to his research. Eventually, the next morning, library staff find him asleep at the table.

Quick Reply