Author Topic: Supposedly Not A Date (Savaak) (Read 1,108 times)
Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

Supposedly Not A Date (Savaak)
« Mar 2, 2016 20:57:55 GMT -6 »

"It's a little unexpected," she admits, "but I like it enough that I'd recommend it."

Back to the topic at hand; Aaron's not getting away with that sort of remark. She just shakes her head and wags a playful finger at him.

"You're going to an arcade to have fun, Aaron, not to impress anyone. You're only a fool if you choose not to enjoy yourself there."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 13:52:38 GMT -6 »

"So you don't want to be stunned by my incredible skills?"

Savaak was taking his offhand use of the word "jerk" far more seriously than Aaron intended, hopefully the shot at genuine humour, grin and all, would help. But then, she's being serious with him, and he shouldn't make light of well-meant advice - he didn't want her thinking he's dismissing her, or making fun. So the grin vanished, not in a bad way, more like 'okay, being serious now'.

"But no, really, I'm not worried about that; we'll have a great time. It'd be silly of me to go out like this and then just... you know, gloom all over everything."

Though did someone like him, a worthless, violent thug, really deserve fun? Or happiness? He doesn't let on to that thought - note to self, no making fun of oneself around Savaak.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 18:05:25 GMT -6 »

"Or maybe I'm just confident enough in my own." Savaak smirks with the playful notion. "And good, because if you weren't going to darken the entire day, I'd have to start getting creative."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 21:53:59 GMT -6 »

"Oh?"

If he weren't? How interesting. Part of him wonders if the pun in there is intentional, too, as he takes another sip of his tea! "Darken" the entire day, ha.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 22:01:28 GMT -6 »

"Mhmmm." She takes another sip of her latte but doesn't elaborate.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 22:12:54 GMT -6 »

"Well, now you've got me curious."

But not curious enough to ruin the day out. Still, at least he looks amused, because to some extent he is.

He should probably feel bad about how easily she's raising his spirits.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 22:16:17 GMT -6 »

"Good." Her grin turns wicked as she sets down her mug. It's supposed to.

She takes the opprotunity to try the scone! Because Aaron needs more thinking time.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 23:17:41 GMT -6 »

Oh my. The wickedness of her smile actually gets him to blush a tiny bit as his mind tries to piece together what she could have meant, but that might or might not be what she's going for in giving him "thinking time". He busies himself by trying a bit of the opera cake, enjoying how the taste complements his tea.

Don't think like that, Aaron. Remember Sarah. Remember who you want to be with, that Savaak isn't a replacement. Even as curiosity keeps digging at you, and you kind of want to forget about soft blonde hair and glittering green eyes and all those lessons in Tutorial and all those nights spent together. How they didn't even really need to do anything, they could just sit quietly with each other for hours and hours and be as content as a freezing man stepping into a heated home. How every word from her, every glance in his direction, could send his heart fluttering and make him feel like he weighed nothing at all.

But right now, what good does thinking about that do? Remembering? It's not fair to Savaak, who you're trying to have a good time with right now. And why should you love someone who treated you like Sarah did, anyway? Sure, you made mistakes, but still...

"Do I get any hints, or is this a mystery I have to solve on my own?"

Keep up the playful banter, that's the ticket.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 23:34:56 GMT -6 »

The blush reminds her of when the Super Squad had first come together and made costumes. She still had the catsuit, though now she felt there woudl have to be some alterations.

Savaak looks out the nearby window as the thinking time passed in silence...and kept going. It grew more pensive as Aaron's thoughts went wherever they were, but her bright blue eyes return to looking at him when he finally speaks, smile returning a little.

"I think you're smart enough to figure that one out."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 23:52:07 GMT -6 »

Aaron still had the Pale Shadow costume! Mostly because he wasn't sure whether to keep it, return it, or tear it to shreds/burn it. One of the things he did mean, talking to Eric, was how he always thought the Super Squad was dumb comic book LARP stuff, and honestly a little weird. Power comes with responsibility, and a power like Eric's? That shouldn't be used to screw around all day and try to get in the pants of every girl on campus. There's room for some fun, yeah, Aaron's not that much of a party pooper, but all play and no work is worse than all work and no play.

Eric was, in many ways, collateral damage, a casualty of him wanting to blow up at Sarah for what she did to him. But there are things about him Aaron doesn't like, for real. Still, he notices how Savaak seems all pensive for a moment, even if she does look back to him and brighten back up when he says something. Smart enough, huh? Yeah, for that and other things.

"I'm glad you have so much faith in me," he tosses back, his voice light and not letting on to what had been stirring around in his mind. But still, he can't help wondering about how she'd spent that thinking time.

"Something up? You looked like something's eating you."

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:01:10 GMT -6 »

Savaak's good with people. She knows the signs of someone stewing. Whatever's eating at Aaron, she doesn't push. The day is supposed to be a fun, after all.

"Hmm?" Savaak smiles politely at the question. "No, not a thing."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:18:32 GMT -6 »

"You sure? I won't pry if you don't want me to, but you looked like something was on your mind."

Yes, today's for fun, for taking their mind off everything for a little while, and on some level he's trying to look like none of what's been ripping him apart bothers him any more, but if something's bothering her then something's bothering her. And he'd like to help if he can. He's unintentionally drawn so many others into fixing his stupid life and worthless problems, after all; a hero should be more concerned about others, about helping, not being helped.

That's the Aaron he used to be.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:35:02 GMT -6 »

"Hmmmmm." She considers him for a moment, then shake her head.

"I'm not sure if you're ready for the rest of this."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:36:02 GMT -6 »

"Rest of what?"

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:37:22 GMT -6 »

"Of today." It's a simple explanation and there seems to be no malice or doubt behind it. It could be her way of challenging him to the arcade later, since he doesn't know her that well, or maybe it's something else...

« Last Edit: Mar 5, 2016 0:50:42 GMT -6 by Savaak Puckett » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 0:52:27 GMT -6 »

"Don't worry, I am. I was just pondering a couple things."

Challenge accepted, not just the arcade, but the something else that might or might not be there. He looks her in the eye, earnestly but not staring her down, and puts what strength he can muster without being overbearing into his voice. The point of today is to have fun and get to know each other, after all.

"I promised I'd be up for it, and I keep my promises."

He brightens his expression and gives her another grin, easygoing, trying to help her relax, before draining more of his tea.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 2:43:05 GMT -6 »

"Hmmm." She drops it since he seems to, as well. Probably due to his energy and persistent insistence. She returns his grin with a smile, the expression relaxing a little.

"You know I'm going to hold you to that," she warns.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 2:56:11 GMT -6 via mobile »

Bullet dodged!

"That's fine. Not much of a promise if I don't keep it."

He's back to relaxing again, with that out of the way.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 18:04:16 GMT -6 »

On that, she agrees. Nodding, Savaak takes a moment to enjoy the food.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 18:37:02 GMT -6 »

So does Aaron, occasionally looking to her to make sure she's not bored or uncomfortable. It's a much more comfortable, companionable silence than before.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 6, 2016 22:27:37 GMT -6 »

Savaak is looking out the window again for a brief moment, thumb slowly gliding over the surface of her cup. Judging by her expression, she might be either distracted or bored, but not uncomfortable.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 7, 2016 18:47:35 GMT -6 »

Oh, God. He's boring her. Great. The exact opposite of what today was for and it's happening. Think, Aaron, think. Come on. You can't just go 'am I boring you?' to someone, of course, and he'd already asked her just a bit ago what's on her mind so asking it again would be weird. Without entirely realising, he's already mostly finished the cake.

"So, the arcade." Worth a shot, right? Bit of a distraction from whatever's up, and he can branch off from this, to getting to know her a little like they came out here to do. "Any favourites there? Stuff you recommend I try?"

Well, he'll probably try it all just to say he did, but still.

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 7, 2016 19:42:49 GMT -6 »

"Hmmm?" She looks back at Aaron when he speaks again, smile polite but warming a little at the mention of the arcade.

"Oh. Were you ready to head there?"

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 19:42:27 GMT -6 »

"Whenever you'd like to, I'm game. Pun not intended. We're out here to have a good time after all."

He'll have to, you know, pay, and some part of him had been hoping to stay here a bit. Relax, show her a nice time, maybe get more of a conversation going. But they could do that while out and about, too, and she didn't seem to find this place quite as relaxing as he did. Looking at the way she started to warm back up, she's probably looking forwards to going there.

« Last Edit: Mar 9, 2016 19:42:59 GMT -6 by Aaron Silverman » Back to Top  

Savaak Puckett
Mentor
Intelligence

Savaak Puckett Avatar

Bundle of sunshine

[send pm]

« Mar 9, 2016 21:03:50 GMT -6 »

"Soon, then." She'll let them finish their food first, at least. But the moment she's outside, Savaak seems to brighten, an easy-going smile gracing her face as they go.

Quick Reply