Author Topic: War Impending [Open] (Read 512 times)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

In the Land of Gods and Monsters.

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 4, 2016 13:24:21 GMT -6 via mobile »

Leif had her headphones over her head and on her ears, wearing short shorts that showed off her legs and an oversized jacket.

She was dancing through the hallways of the school, enjoying her music and solitary.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

Liberté, égalité, fraternité!

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 4, 2016 13:57:52 GMT -6 »

"AND REMEMBER, WEAK AGENTS ARE DEAD AGENTS! DEFEAT IN THE MIND BECOMES DEFEAT FOR REAL! SO TRAIN HARD, BE MERRY, AND BE READY FOR THE STORM!"

That Leif could hear that, and the rumbling laughter, through the wall and then through her headphones, said something for the volume inside the classroom whose door just opened up, releasing a stream of junior agents who didn't seem to notice her, more eager to get a move on. They moved almost as if worried about pursuit, and soon a massive agent would emerge from the doorway, unknowingly directly in Leif's path!

He seemed to be in an oppressively good mood considering the coming war.

For the Fatherland!

Just let me off the leash

(Language key:

Normal colour = English/phrases in French and Italian I already know
Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 4, 2016 14:10:04 GMT -6 via mobile »

Leif managed to stop before she ran into the man. Slipping her headphones off and around her neck, she cocked a brow at the Frenchman.

"Do you just GOTTA yell all the time or what? Sheesh..."

Her music had been fairly loud and could still be heard clearly, even with her headphones down, so if she heard him... Those poor agents must hate their lives.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 4, 2016 14:16:28 GMT -6 »

Aw, but it was so fun to watch the kiddies scatter.

Did he? DID HE?!

...No, not really. But at the new voice he pivoted sharply, beaming at the girl who spoke to him with such force lesser men would be bowled over.

"Oh, hello! Sorry, but it is hard to contain my excitement!"

Some would say Lucien was far too happy about the fact war had finally shown its face. He would tell them they knew nothing of the evil across the sea, the vile forces he'd spent 15 years being raised to destroy. Nobody could be safe, or happy, or at peace, as long as even a single Imperial existed!

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 4, 2016 15:02:27 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Weirdo..."

She gave a shake of her head, unbothered by his enthusiasm. Sticking her hands into the pockets of her shorts, she looked about ready to walk away.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 6, 2016 10:35:07 GMT -6 »

Ha! Everyone here was a weirdo in one way or another, the sooner this mystery girl accepted that, the happier she'd be. Her judgement bounced right off him, far too much excitement and enthusiasm flowing through him to be tamed by one word.

"The time has come to free my people from over a decade of oppression. You would be excited, too!"

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 6, 2016 11:51:07 GMT -6 via mobile »

She raised her hand dismissively.

"Clueless weirdo. Got it."

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 1:45:26 GMT -6 »

"Hey, quick question! Do these little pep talks come with hearing aids?"

Josh rounded the corner and pulled one of his hands out of his pockets long enough to wave, then stuff it back in. "Seriously, I could hear you in the stairwell. Those are some pipes. How ya doin', Lucien?" Josh remembered Lucien from that day in the gym. Guy was a funny one, to be sure.

It struck him the other day, though, that Lucien's accent was a dead giveaway to his European origin. And... well, knowing the state of Europe, lately...

"How you guys doin'? Hey, Lief!"

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 1:53:43 GMT -6 »

"Josh! Good to see you!"

Two Joshes he knew, at least! Ha! And the strange girl had a name! Well, everyone had a name, but now he knew hers. Oh, and quite a name it was, even if it seemed she wanted him to... Leif her alone. He had to fight not to chuckle aloud at that one.

"I do not want anyone going onto the battlefield with their hearts full of doubt and fear. Our cause is just, our arms mighty, and I'd rather we all face the enemy with the fires of courage burning within us! Hence, the pep talks."

And the drills. Oh, the drills. When he showed up in a classroom ready to administer extra training, it was almost precious, how so many of the juniors' faces went pale. He'd been like that once, but he came out of training hard as steel, and he would do the same for as many as he could!

"How are the both of you, then?"

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 12:30:48 GMT -6 »

Leif stumbled to a stop as Josh wandered up. Great. And she was SO close to getting away. She sighed, pulling her headphones back off again to glance between him and the strange foreigner.

It seemed everybody was interested in how she was doing. Crossing her arms, she leaned back against the closest wall, giving a shrug.

"I'm all Gucci, ma-en." she muttered.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 13:25:25 GMT -6 »

Josh closed one eye, his usual facial expression for 'I am thinking very hard.' This wasn't good... Leif didn't seem to be in a very good mood. Maybe this guy had something to do with it? Nah, that wasn't right... from what he saw, Lucien looked like a good guy.

"Truth be told..." Josh started. "Even with all the pep talks... I think I'm still scared. Ha... some agent, right?"

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 13:41:43 GMT -6 »

"Fear is natural! But you cannot let it rule you - it is time for the world to stop fearing the Empire, and for the Empire to start fearing us."

Not everyone had been looking forwards to this for 15 years, though. The war was Lucien's raison d'être. He gave Josh a big, encouraging grin and slapped him hard on the back, cheery as if this were a sport instead of a world war.

"War is no game, I understand being afraid. But if we go in fearing the worst, if we go in with doubt, the worst is exactly what will happen. Have faith!"

He would wade through a river of blood to see his people free and safe once more. Hopefully he could help others survive the journey!

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 13:44:49 GMT -6 »

"Could you LOWER your DAMN voice? That would be GREAT."

Leif had to speak up to match his volume, but her sapphire eyes gave a flash of obvious irritation. Her lips twisted back into a sneer before she sighed, forcing herself to relax. At least he wasn't touching HER.

"Frenchdick's right, though, Josh. I mean, hell. Even I'M scared." She tried to offer him a reassuring smile, as if she were some big billy bad butt.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 13:51:34 GMT -6 »

"Ooof!"

Josh jerked forward when Lucien slapped his back, and a barrier flickered behind him out of instinct, just for a moment, but Lucien's hand had already pulled back. He readjusted his glasses by the bridge and tried to return the smile the other two were giving. 

Well... Lucien's was boisterous and Leif's was a bit forced. He'd go closer to Leif's than anything.

"Kay. Uh... easier said than done, but I'll try my hardest."

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:02:17 GMT -6 »

"I will try."

See, Leif? MUCH QUIETER!

He was still grinning with the force of an artillery barrage though. And Josh stumbling was something he just couldn't help a little belly-laugh over - not laughing at Josh, just amused by his reaction.

"Remember your training and cover each other's backs, and you should be fine. We will drive the vermin from Syria, through Turkey, and all the way to Paris, where they will be exterminated once and for all."

This war was practically Christmas for him.

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:05:12 GMT -6 »

Exterminated. Leif very obviously twitched at the use of that word, both hands balling into tight little fists.

"I stand corrected," she hissed, aggression obvious. "Clueless, bloodthirsty, AND a weirdo. You are literally the WORST kind of person!"

She turned to walk away from him, for the third time, positively fuming.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:13:19 GMT -6 »

Ooooh gosh. This was going over like a Bears jersey at a Packers game.

"Hey, Leif, wait! Where are you going?"

Josh understood that the girl was really riled up, but did Lucien say anything that terrible? He simply didn't understand at the moment.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:29:33 GMT -6 »

"In war, you kill the enemy, and the Empire deserves nothing but destruction for what they've done. For what they will do!"

He was suddenly a little less quiet, though not the full booming roar from before. Not everyone approved of his methods, but he wouldn't stand there and be spoken to as if he were worse than the Empire. Anyone who'd been to Imperial territory, anyone who'd seen what they do to people, would be just as eager to wipe them off the face of the Earth. He found himself walking after her a little, not aggressively, just with a flash of irritation at the condemnation. Not everyone had to like what he did, but show some respect for someone who'd lived the Empire's evil, who'd seen his home burn.

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:33:52 GMT -6 via mobile »

The sound of his footsteps made her turn on her heel, suddenly facing him. Three scalpels appeared between her fingers, wolverine style.

"And their warriors, their military? OBVIOUSLY they are ALL evil right??"

Her hand jerked up to grab at the dog tags she always wore under her shirt.

"OBVIOUSLY they aren't somebody's kid? They aren't sons, daughters, mothers and fathers! Obviously they don't have FAMILIES!"

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:37:25 GMT -6 »

"No no no no no," Josh muttered in a panic, trying his best to stand between the two.

"Alright, Lucien, you've made your point. M-Maybe prep for your next speech, huh?" Josh whipped his head to Leif. "Y-You're right, but this is getting out of hand. Let's cool it, okay?" His eyes remained transfixed on those scalpels clutched in her knuckles. He'd already seen what those could do to an apple. He didn't need Lucien or himself becoming an apple, today.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:46:51 GMT -6 »

Lucien did not look intimidated by the blades. He'd been threatened with worse, he'd fought worse. But Josh got between them, leaving Lucien to stand there, arms crossed, smile faded a bit.

"What of our families and loved ones? They would kill us all and make slaves of the ones who survive, all of them. The elderly, the children, all would spend eternity crushed under their boots. And the soldiers you talk about would help it happen, would delight in the carnage. They must be stopped, for the good of everyone."

Just like a rabid dog had to be put down.

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 14:51:37 GMT -6 »

As he said "soldiers," her entire body stiffened. She continued to glare at Lucien but made no move to get around Josh, blocking her clean shot. She straightened her fingers and the blades disappeared.

"Clueless. Got it. You're fucking pathetic. Disgusting. And I hope like HELL that you get to feel the pain you're wishing on those that are actually INNOCENT in this."

She drew her fingers along the dog tags, sitting outside her shirt now.

"Sod off, you fool. Unless you want to take this to the Tutorial, don't bother following me."

And with that, she'd turn around. Again. To try to leave. Again. Trying to keep the peace.

Joshua Eichmann
Agent Trainee
Defense

Joshua Eichmann Avatar

Level 12 Paladin

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 15:04:21 GMT -6 »

Josh pushed his hand through his messy hair, stifling a groan. Such a situation didn't have any good solution to it, and maybe it was best that each of these people be allowed to go their own way for now. Things had already gotten tense once. The last thing Paradigm needed was an agent getting hurt in the halls of the academy by one of their own. Not when there were enemies out there.

He couldn't possibly understand what Leif was feeling, nor whatever Lucien had been through. The guy didn't seem to be speaking from the standpoint of blind hatred; if he was from overseas, maybe he saw something.

"Lucien, just let her go. Stop sayin' stuff, okay?" Josh pleaded.

Lucien Marais
Agent
Defense

Lucien Marais Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 15:21:00 GMT -6 »

"If you think this will end without blood, you are naive!"

He let her go, though, watching her as she walked away. Some people had to learn the hard way. Some people didn't watch the place they were born burn, as small children. Some people didn't have nightmares about the Empire coming here. Still, Josh was right. Lucien stood there a moment longer, stock still, then relaxed, letting out a long breath through his nose, exhaling like a war horse.

"I will, Josh. She'll learn what our enemy is really like, and I hope the knowledge doesn't destroy her. Or any of you."

For the Fatherland!

(Language key:

Blue = French
Green = Italian)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

War Impending [Open]
« Mar 10, 2016 15:28:59 GMT -6 »

Leif put her headphones back on to drown out the irritating noise of Lucien's voice, walking straight to the gym.

Quick Reply