Author Topic: Survived [Open] (Read 764 times)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

In the Land of Gods and Monsters.

[send pm]

Survived [Open]
« Mar 27, 2016 17:26:26 GMT -6 »

"Then prove it to me. After that, then sure. I'll answer your questions."

She raised a hand, waving good-bye to him, and then headed out of the cafeteria.

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Survived [Open]
« Mar 28, 2016 0:37:26 GMT -6 »

"All right."

He genuinely wasn't sure how. He didn't know how to prove to Sarah that he really did care and want things to be like they were, that he wanted to be better, and he didn't know how to prove to Leif that he really did want to know her, as a person. Not just as a soldier, or a druggie, or as someone who helped him as his life fell apart around him even though he didn't deserve help. If someone was determined to think you were lying, that you were some no-good scumbag, how could you convince them you weren't? Though that was more a general thought than particular to either woman.

Aaron found himself taking a few steps after her, but he wasn't exactly planning to chase her down. That would be a creepy thing to do. He kept just close enough to stay in earshot, to leave the ball in her court.

"However you want me to do that, I will. I promise."

He didn't leave quite yet, giving her a chance to respond if she wanted.

Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

In the Land of Gods and Monsters.

[send pm]

Survived [Open]
« Mar 28, 2016 1:27:02 GMT -6 »

She paused again, tossing him a knowing smile over her shoulder. Giving him a nod, she turned back around and left without another word.

Quick Reply