Author Topic: Character Tropes (Read 435 times)
El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:00:19 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

The following character types are to be the basis for your character bio. Though written for the gender intended, these roles are gender neutral and ultimately up to the player to determine gender. Each type has a set of traits that average out to 0. I'll make another thread soon to explain the basic stat and dice system later.

These should just be a base and the character is yours to make your own to be however cliche or not you want. I like modern twists on the traditional tropes to make characters seem more developed. Here are your characters:

The Survivor/Nice Kid
Athleticism +0
Intelligence +0
Charisma +0

Despite the name, the survivor won't necessarily be as such. The girl next door; she is generally nice to everyone even if her friends are not. She's typically well liked and has a good head on her shoulders, but that doesn't mean she isn't without her own flaws.

The Ace/Leader
Athleticism +0
Intelligence +0
Charisma +0

The Ace is pretty good at everything, usually equally intelligent, athletic and popular he's a natural born leader for better or worse. Can be friendly or egotistical, but either way people tend to flock toward him and look to him for support.

The Outcast/Obsessive
Athleticism -1
Intelligence +0
Charisma +1

Usually different from the rest, he tends to be more of a loner whether by choice or not. Often is a conspiracy theorist or horror fanatic, connecting the dots that others don't see. Often written off as a weirdo, stoner, etc.

Quiet/Inquistive One
Athleticism -1
Intelligence +1
Charisma +0

Typically the shy one, she doesn't say or shine much in comparison to her friends. She tends to be the most curious of the group as well as intelligent.

The Nerd/Skeptic
Athleticism 0
Intelligence +1
Charisma -1

Also one of if not the smartest, the Nerd knows most about most things. This can include booksmarts, random facts, and/or technological knowledge. Can either be well liked or picked on, the nerd is also typically quite skeptic and analytical.

The Bitch/Rich Kid
Athleticism +1
Intelligence +0
Charisma -1

Sharp tongued, she is usually very demanding of others and values appearances and material objects. The host of the party: she gets to call the shots, which she typically does anyway.

Athlete/Heartthrob
Athleticism +1
Intelligence -1
Charisma +0

Most likely a jock, he's the star player for one or several sports. Can be an asshole or an emotional rock depending on player choice. His skills definitely rely on the physical over the intelligence but doesn't necessarily make him stupid. Very popular.

Cheerleader/Prankster
Athleticism +0
Intelligence -1
Charisma +1

Not necessarily a cheerleader, she is still very popular and very much the object of everyone sexual desire. She likes to joke around whether in good fun or at other people's expenses, but either way doesn't seem to take things all that seriously.

----

Go ahead and claim one below! If for whatever reason we happen to have more than 8 people, I'll be very surprised but have other tropes as well.

« Last Edit: Sept 15, 2016 22:08:33 GMT -6 by Absinthe Makaila » Back to Top  

SANTONIO THE GREAT
Student

SANTONIO THE GREAT Avatar

Yes, that's my real name!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:48:54 GMT -6 via mobile »

Pranx 4 daze

If we're making the characters here too I'll do that when I'm home.

Trope: Prankster
Name: Ronnie Locke
Appearance:

Skills: Seemingly endless supply of whoopie cushions, silver tongue, Olympic-level ear-flicker.
Personality/background: Ronnie is basically your run-of-the-mill practical joker. Not too bright, despite his ability to turn anything into a prank, what he lacks in smarts he makes up for with FLAMING CHARISMA.

Ronnie's class-clown mentality stems from a childhood in which his parents neglected him. He wasn't abused or needy or anything - he was actually quite well-off - the kid just wanted people to pay attention. If his parents wouldn't, then everyone else would!

« Last Edit: Sept 8, 2016 21:53:58 GMT -6 by SANTONIO THE GREAT » Back to Top  
Jack Makaila
Director of Terror

Jack Makaila Avatar

[color=limegreen]I'm your daddy.[/color]

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:53:29 GMT -6 »

Inquisitive!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Trope: Inquisitive One
Name: Donna Malone
Appearance:

Skills: Observant, resourceful. Able to pick locks and hack into most computers.

Personality/background: Donna has always been a little "off". While the other girls were off playing dolls and hanging out with their friends, Donna would be in the backyard squishing ants with her thumb, or wrestling with the neighbor's dog.

She always had a fascination with finding out how the world works, whether it be the natural world of flora and fauna, or taking apart technology to see what made it tick.

She's pretty sure that her invitation to this party was a mistake, but it's a good excuse to people-watch, so it's good enough for her.

« Last Edit: Sept 12, 2016 11:14:08 GMT -6 by Jack Makaila » Back to Top  

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:54:51 GMT -6 »

Obsessive!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trope: The Obsessive One
Name: Holly McDuff
Appearance:

Skills: Monster and occult knowledge, surviving on sad sawdust rations and other doomsday prep, research/investigation, dodging the question

Personality/background: Holly was encouraged from a young age to question everything, which she did with abandon. Convinced she had seen Big Foot in the woods when she went camping, she began pursuing the myths and stories about it relentlessly. She hit the ground running and kept on going.

Holly's used to being an outsider; most people don't seem to share her interests, which is okay with her. she'll still try to warn them about their incoming end of the world and help them prepare, but it also saved her from being too distracted with other things. She's pretty sure the invitation was based on a dare, or maybe the host's boredom.

« Last Edit: Sept 12, 2016 21:38:05 GMT -6 by Rebecca Jefferson » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:54:56 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

That reminds me to do a bio template

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 19:59:52 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

Actually don't need a big template. Just make sure to at least have the following:

Trope:
Name:
Appearance:
Skills:
Personality/background:

Can get as detailed or not as you want. Go ahead and post in this thread.

Absinthe Makaila
Secretary
Counsellor

Absinthe Makaila Avatar

[color=deeppink]<3[/color]

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 8, 2016 20:32:22 GMT -6 »

The Bitch/Rich Kid due to popular request!

Trope: The Bitch/Rich Kid
Name: Maxi Zhang
Appearance:

Skills: Intimidation, Money, Selfish-enough-to-sacrifice-you, stronger than he looks from carrying lots of money, will throw a motherfucker at another motherfucker, flexible from lots of Yoga...are these skills i don't know anymore.

Personality/background: Maxi is the sole child of rich parents who own the SoHo Hotel chains. Spoiled rotten since birth, there's nothing in the world he can't get. No one says no to him either, because the temper tantrums aren't worth it, and he'd probably buy the place where your parents work and then fire them, leaving you out in the streets.

« Last Edit: Sept 12, 2016 11:32:57 GMT -6 by Absinthe Makaila » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 10, 2016 12:10:27 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App »

I like it Brandon!

SANTONIO THE GREAT
Student

SANTONIO THE GREAT Avatar

Yes, that's my real name!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 10, 2016 19:07:37 GMT -6 »

;)

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 15, 2016 21:13:59 GMT -6 »

Athlete/Heartthrob!

Trope: Athlete/Heartthrob
Name: Sterling Peyton
Appearance:

Skills
:
A dependable lineman on his football team. Can tackle and throw tackling people into the ground for days. Has lots of stamina.

Personality/Background
:
Sterling is really popular and he does not know how to deal. His parents, thrilled that they have yet another football star in the family, heavily encourage him to "bring home a nice girl", but he just wants to be friends with them, not bang them. So they told him to at least try flirting with some girls because maybe he hasn't found the right girl yet. He doesn't want to. Then they guilt-trip him about reeeeaaally really wanting grandkids. He doesn't know how to flirt. So they tell him how to. It's really embarrassing. His parents insist. Not wanting to let his parents down, Sterling reasons that he'll show them how cheesy and corny their tips are. He tried out a dopey pick up line on a classmate. It's suuuuuuuuper bad. He apologized profusely. But behold: Swoon. Oh crap.

It keeps happening. His parents are pleased to at least have a heart breaker now though. Sterling doesn't like how his plan backfired. See, the one-liners? He's CONVINCED they shouldn't be as effective as they are. But he forgot to factor in that he's a sensitive sort, always blushing in embarrassment and covering his face. Now a bunch of girls think he's a Casanova because he keeps trying to make the pick up lines as bad as possible, but he cares about their feelings and though no one knows if he'll ever get a girlfriend, they think they have a chance so long as he's trying. Bless his heart.

« Last Edit: Sept 16, 2016 4:26:57 GMT -6 by ๖ۣValencia Tiao » Back to Top  

El Sensei
Sensei
El Jefe

El Sensei Avatar

I control the universe!

[send pm]

Character Tropes
« Sept 16, 2016 13:49:57 GMT -6 »

LMAO

Quick Reply