Author Topic: This Is Worse Than Awkward (Rebecca) (Read 309 times)
Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

This Is Worse Than Awkward (Rebecca)
« Mar 12, 2017 23:43:16 GMT -6 »

Mark is at the hotel, looking for Rebecca!

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

Will it be you this time?

[send pm]

« Mar 12, 2017 23:46:34 GMT -6 »

Rebecca can be found a couple of minutes after Mark starts looking. She's kind of been avoiding it if she can help it lately. Scowling and currently fighting with her phone's decision to die on her, she looks up when she catches sight of Mark.

"Hey. What's up?" Se figured he might be looking for Elliot, but she hadn't seen the other agent soon enough to give him directions.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 12, 2017 23:48:17 GMT -6 »

"Rebecca."

He says, walking over quickly.

"I have news."

As always, it sounds just like a matter of fact with Mark, but there's a tension about him that Rebecca's probably never seen before.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 12, 2017 23:53:45 GMT -6 »

The fact that he is walking over quickly and saying "news" not "training" waved an army of red flags. Blinking, Becca pocketed her traitorous technology and faced him. She felt like she should prepare herself for the walls to come crashing down with the way her carried himself, even if he sounded the same.

"What's up?" Her shoulders tensed in turn, as if that could help prepare her somehow for whatever this was going to be.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 12, 2017 23:56:25 GMT -6 »

"You were friends with agent Clyde Strauss?"

His hands clench into fists. Even if friends wasn't the word, Mark was hunting desperately for someone who at least knew the agent.

"He's dead. I killed him."

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 13, 2017 0:01:31 GMT -6 »

"Sure?" She wouldn't call it that, especially at the beginning, but he seemed okay and she'd been around when he'd fought with Eric so...

"Wait. What?" She froze, staring at Mark like he'd just revealed that he's secretly a cyborg, wide-eyed disbelief on her face. She coudln't even frown with the way it was delivered; the surprise took over. She shook herself after a moment, however, and that trademark expression appeared.

"What happened?" No judging, not yet, just worry. There would be time for judging after he explained.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 13, 2017 0:05:39 GMT -6 »

"He had been attempting to burn Eliott when I arrived, and in fact had injured her leg, so I tackled him from behind and punched the back of his head until he was dead."

No more explanation. He just assumes she wants to know how he died.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 13, 2017 0:16:17 GMT -6 »

Rebecca's pretty sure she feels a migraine coming on. At least she had a bit of understanding as to why Mark had acted as he did, but there was a lot of other stuff that just kind of made everything hurt as she tried find ways to get him to explain.

"Okay, I need more than that." She walked into the motel so people wouldn't possibly wander by and hear what they were talking about. Her brows were knit together as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"Why was he attacking her in the first place? Because that makes no sense."

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 13, 2017 0:19:32 GMT -6 »

Mark follows, unsure why they're moving this conversation but trusting, as always, that other people have good reasons for this strange behavior.

"He came out of a pod, and Eliott said he may have had his brain cleaned."

Brainwashed.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 13, 2017 20:32:55 GMT -6 »

One day, he'll learn.

Rebecca stared at Mark through the brief explanation, trying to comprehend details that weren't presented or hinted at. Her mind kept stopping at the idea of Clyde being some sort of mindless doll rather than...whatever he was. It was probably the same thing in the end, anyway.

"You're, uh, you're going to need to tell me a little more than that." She paused and took a breath, memories nudging at the back of her mind. She felt like she was a bit of a stand in, that the person who should be hearing this was...somewhere.

"So you were defending Elliot. Where? Do you know who did the brain clearing thing?"

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 14, 2017 11:30:50 GMT -6 via mobile »

"In the desert. We were tracking an Empire shipment when we were attacked. I dealt with soldiers, and then Clyde."

This need for details is difficult to satisfy oven how little Mark usually speaks.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 15, 2017 21:58:12 GMT -6 »

Rebecca just stares at him, dumbfounded. It felt like she should ask other questions, but she wasn't sure how much she would ask. Her lips twisted as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Thanks, Mark. I know there are a couple others around who will want to know. I'll let them know when I see them." Ahahahahaa.

After pausing for a second, she continued. "You're alright then?" Honestly, she figured Mark would be one of the ones who would handle something like that the best. He had the mindset to handle stress from what she'd seen and, to be honest, he was protecting Elliot. Brainwashed or not, Clyde had - was? Had been? - a fellow agent. She didn't know what that meant to him, if anything.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Mar 16, 2017 10:10:36 GMT -6 »

"Clyde did not manage to injure me, I ambushed him effectively."

Mark nods. It's probably not what she meant.

Rebecca Jefferson
Legend
Defense

Rebecca Jefferson Avatar

[send pm]

« Mar 22, 2017 21:11:19 GMT -6 »

Rebecca gives herself a moment to remember this is Mark. Though she was glad to know he wasn't injured, she was more concerned about non-physical damage. Then again, it sounded like he didn't know Clyde at all, or very little. She started to elaborate, then stopped and nodded instead.

"That's good, but you also attacked another agent." Even if it was in defense of another agent, Elliot or not.

She should probably stop running in mental circles.

Quick Reply