Author Topic: The Cow That's Worth More Than Us (Read 274 times)
Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

The Cow That's Worth More Than Us
« Nov 25, 2017 11:45:30 GMT -6 »

Digit was waiting for her fellow runner inside Ebey's bar, something nicer than she would normally go, but people were less likely to bug them or have gang violence interrupt the meeting. The two of them were going to have to figure out a way into the complex, steal a stolen cow, and get Bessy back home. 

She looked over the file again, her  One foot swung lightly in an idle motion, data jack always ready and waiting. 

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 26, 2017 10:25:07 GMT -6 »

A bit more geared and a bit less impressive of a person. Where her skin was pale light scars could be seen in places where IV's be hooked in and never healed well thanks to her weak constitution. She'd get a scar from a cat scratch and a papercut. Some might describe her as fragile as a petal but she holds her own and when she cant, she will hold up those who can. Such as Digit who she meets with her gear is long and has an earthy tribal feel, patterns of blues and tans with leather guards and belts holding a few quick to access needs. Most importantly she'd be speaking from here on out through a mask, slightly muffled and not well carried but she won't mumble should she have anything to say.

from over the mask, there are eyes that will show her greeting smile that came just as it went, a simple hello that should suffice. She was ready to continue with the planning for the job they were given.

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 26, 2017 11:46:17 GMT -6 »

Well this was new. Wearing a mask was definitely not what she remembered, and Digit wondered just what the mask would do other than cover half her face to be wearing it now when she hadn't before. Or, more likely, who the other woman might be trying to hide from. It wasn't her business, so long as it didn't interfere with the run.

She raised a hand without actually waving, grabbing a seat for the two of them in a corner that was decidedly average for a shadowrunner bar. Sticking to shadowy corners was great, but that screamed, 'Hey look, I'm being sneaky and up to something!' But there were places to jack in if she needed to hit up the Matrix for research, and no one would give them odd looks.

"Alright. So." She kept her voice low. "We need to figure out the best way in and out, not to mention how we're going to get our friend where she needs to go." It's not like they could just walk Bessy out once she was free.

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 26, 2017 12:07:24 GMT -6 »

She had a short jeweled chain decorating on the front corner of the mask while thinking on the matter she fiddled with it rubbing the blue tear-shaped stone that hung off the end.

"A big and heavy girl that one is... we'd not likely be able to drag her out easily and she'll move at a slow pace. Possibly getting the information our employer asked for would come first... I had a thought about the escape a bit and might suggest we flood the place? cattle swim really well. I am a mage I can certainly bring a good bit of water to make the pipes burst. Though it will take a lot."

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 26, 2017 18:42:03 GMT -6 »

"Go on." Digit rests her hand on her chin, waiting patiently for her comrade to elaborate! She's interested, but there's no point in stopping the thought train now, especially if they could work it out.

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 26, 2017 19:45:08 GMT -6 »

She closed her eyes and began to think a bit remembering what she viewed in the information given to them. She was handed a drink from the barkeep and her fingers began swirling the liquid around by tracing her fingers on the rim of the glass

"I am not sure but If memory serves there is a huge waterline nearly right under the compound. I am thinking of overloading the pipes by flipping some switches or turning some knobs so they can do most of the work for me. Directing the water to where they are keeping her, having enough water for me to manipulate, and swimming our way out seemed a bit safer. Honestly both plans I had thought about come with some risk for our friend Bessy. She could drown or we can send her on a rampage while we ride her through the halls, possibly she could hurt herself, but putting a wind current shielding her can take away some damage and rip apart or send flying anyone getting in our way. It is more dangerous but uses fewer resources. that is about all I've come up with so far."

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 19:06:00 GMT -6 »

"Or I could hack the system and cut off the power after I get what I need. Make sure we have feed or something on us." Yes, she said it. It was a lot less fun sounding than flooding, but probably a lot easier and more likely to pull it off.

Find the info, locate the cow since it was already chipped, and cover of darkness to see by.

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 19:22:04 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Yes, that would be easier, it could go wrong incase they have back up generators. But I feel you can disable those as well. Hopefully our friend wont give us much trouble or we could get caught. Should she get spooked I most certainly wont be able to hold her back." her eyes showed that she was grinning at her bit of humor. The sickly thin woman began to think once more. "The longer it takes for them to realize she is messing the more steps ahead we can get... Discretion might be to our advantage with the lights out they will also want to investigate. We will save the radical plans as back up should something go wrong. Yes?" She looked to digit for confirmation.

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 19:38:01 GMT -6 »

"Sounds good." Nodding, Digit flipped through the file again, reading over the information inside. About twelve people inside, in and out before corporate suits and such got home for dinner. Once they got in, she'd work her magic, so to speak, and she'd see the other woman work hers if needed. She'd hand the file to the still nameless woman and nodded to a terminal.

"I'm going to see if I can do a couple of things to make this easier." The Dwarf grinned. "Don't have too much fun without me." Once plugged in, Digit would see if there were any events tomorrow on the off chance they get lucky and it would be something the extremists would be in.

If not, she'd make a fake account on a local animal rights site and start rumors of one taking place in the afternoon.

Mathew Amtrum
Trainer
Powered Trainer

Mathew Amtrum Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 19:42:38 GMT -6 »

She doesn't see any event that the animal rights activists would be going to in the area tomorrow. What kind of rumors does she start?

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 20:01:30 GMT -6 via mobile »

"See you there Susan." There was a nod from faythe who began looking over her own bits of information should theu need a quick escape she'd research to find of the water systems in the compound and connecting areas. The building did not need to come down but it will be shaken. Worried probably a bit much for Bessy's well being to have much confidence in for "radical" plans. She'd try looking for a likely path for their new plan once the electricity and generators are out taking care of the few guarding along their escape route would be hopefully as easy as it sounds. She'd look for anything that might come as an obvious surprise.

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 20:33:37 GMT -6 »

Digit starts up some foul rumors about fowl! Specifically, that there's a new location where chickens are being bread for quantity of quality. The birds have horrible living conditions, and there's rumors about what might be done to the birds behind closed doors.

Its out a ways from the compound, rumored to be going out of business. Whether those are true or not, Digit's not sure. She's riding off of someone else putting that out there and hoping she can make it work.

Faythe
Applicant

Faythe Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 20:50:32 GMT -6 via mobile »

As digit comes back faythe is pouring over her paths and she notices the dwarf come back with a gleam to her eye. Mischief might strike the win on our team. She pointed to her map and had noted where what looked to house the power and where Bessy would be. "Kill the power, make a path to the front of her room. We can then take her down to the emergency exit and lead her on the far side away from everyone hopefully still working on dead wires. With the power out he alarms wont even sound." she was sure of this being the best route

Digit
Applicant

Digit Avatar

[send pm]

« Nov 27, 2017 20:55:39 GMT -6 »

It seemed that way. Digit nodded, and settled a time for them to meet. She'd make sure to take the folder with her once they had things sorted