Author Topic: Rips and tears (Val/invite) (Read 1,383 times)
๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

Rips and tears (Val/invite)
« Feb 19, 2016 1:57:31 GMT -6 »

"Sure, so long as you're careful."

Valencia charges up her warping. A black pulse would spread from her. Just in case. Her way of bracing herself in the event of the worst.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 19, 2016 17:16:05 GMT -6 »

He'd open up a portal and pull out a macaroni picture that says "Best Librarian Ever!" with a big heart on it! Totally easy and casual, no problem.

To Val when the portal opened up she could feel the seems of reality being ripped to shreds in front of her violently.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 20, 2016 17:21:11 GMT -6 »

"AwwwwWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

She conjures a brush and tries a rejuvenation technique to fix the seams! Would that even work!? Wouldn't reality need to be there to bend?! She bent reality, not BROKE it! And the times she broke it, her powers became ineffective! WHAT IS THIS!?

"CLOSEITCLOSEITCLOSEIT!!"

She tries to bend the edges together!

To the casual observer, aside from painting the seams, it looks like she flailing at the air.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 22, 2016 22:06:55 GMT -6 »

She tries to bend the edges together and it feels like something is holding it back, stopping her from mending the giant gaping hole in reality before her.

"Huh, okay."

And like that the resistance was gone and she'd be able to mend it close, painting over the seams like they never existed. But she could feel it. Damage had been done.

"So yeah... That's my power."

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 4:57:34 GMT -6 »

Valencia looks very disturbed.

"That wasn't a hammerspace in a traditional sense. When I pull things from portals, I'm creating, pulling together primordial chaos goop until it makes what I want. You're not creating, you're pulling stuff from elsewhere. But not the void... Somewhere that isn't, as in it exists but doesn't..."

If that makes any sense.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 13:28:56 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

"Yeah, that is a working theory of mine. I mean I can pull stuff from here. But I think I can also pull from the possibilities. Like I can pull out your favorite flower without knowing it."

Tricks like that.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 23, 2016 21:22:25 GMT -6 »

"Pulling the unknown... Have you ever seen what's on the other side? I'm surprised you barely saw what I just did."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 24, 2016 18:45:25 GMT -6 via Tapatalk »

"Not when I am pulling stuff out, but I've gone to the Nexus a few times through it."

He assumes she knows what that is.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 24, 2016 21:01:42 GMT -6 »

"The Nexus... Is on the other side. Wow. I'm still wrapping my head around that place from when I last went there."

She literally got to wrap her head around the Nexus, not that it was fun, between the robots and the drill.

"From one risky experiment I did there, I was able to confirm that the Nexus was an aberration of space and time, a metaphysical consciousness. What did you see there?"

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 24, 2016 23:31:02 GMT -6 »

"Depends on the visit. I learned Time doesn't pass there. And you don't breathe because there is no atmosphere. Otherwise there were killer robots from the future there, but we handled that."

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 1:59:04 GMT -6 »

"I find that funny, when you think about it. Time is relative, so by you being there, time did pass. Just, only for you to observe that it doesn't for everything else."

She puts a hand to her chin, thinking some more about the Nexus and how their encounters compared. The place was a world between realities, the space between space and time.

"I remember breathing when I was there... The robots, I remember, but if they were still killer, thanks for taking care of them."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:00:18 GMT -6 »

"Yeah, I mean you can make yourself breathe. But there is no atmosphere. We took readings. I don't really know how it works."

He admitted. A lot of the things to do with his power was guesswork and gut instinct.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:06:52 GMT -6 »

"Wow... The Nexus really is a weird place."

And she's not even sure if she wants to go back. She briefly achieved omnipresence when she was there, and isn't too keen on doing it again unless she has to.

"It's scary that your ability cuts so... Deep, so to speak, into reality itself. How you feel reality? How does making a portal feel compared to just being yourself and not making a portal?"

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:10:43 GMT -6 »

"The same. I dunno."

He shrugged.

"They are easy to make, I just kind of think about what I want. Or the concept and then just reach out and take it."

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Feb 25, 2016 2:22:53 GMT -6 »

"Hmmm... I know I taught reality warping to my husband once. The principle was being able to manipulate the ink through a commitment of intent so strong that its results couldn't be denied. A layman's example was drawing. The right movements and lines created pictures. The only reason why my husband was able to make reality working work was because he had prior experience doing calligraphy."

She squeezes some ink from the air and quickly draws a steady circle.

"As for your power, since it's a matter of drawing possibilities... If I had to guess at what you're doing... For pulling things from portals at least, for things you don't know but the observer does, you create abstract, Jackson Pollock-Rorschach-esque drawings, very intentional but vaguely defined, and the observer gives it form, in a way projecting a creation. I'm only guessing, but if it's true, it's creation through a collaborative process."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 18:47:55 GMT -6 »

"Huh."

It was kind of cool to think of it that way, but it also didn't really help him right now.

"But it's still causing damage. Which means I can't really use it..."

Which was the problem.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 19:30:02 GMT -6 »

"Yeah..."

Valencia paces from side to side in thought.

"If only there was a way to figure out what exactly is allowing you to cleave reality itself. Could you make portals with other parts of your body? Your mind? Are there tiny hooks in your fingertips that catch the folds and pull until they're torn? Is it a chemical reaction? Are you so real that reality can't take you so you reality into un-reality?"

Which sounds absurd, but this IS coming from someone who went through enough logic loops to defend and strengthen herself... And tear herself apart.

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 19:37:37 GMT -6 »

"I don't need to use my hands. I'm just used to obfuscating my power with sleight of hand."

He'd show her except he didn't want to rip open another hole. What do you mean by so real that reality can't take me?"

He'd never thought about anything from that line of thinking before.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 19:53:35 GMT -6 »

"Hmm..."

She nods, processing his described method.

"I was thinking like... A paper towel holding something before it tears. Like a load that can't be bore anymore. Is there such thing as something too real? The H-est of HD? Something much more than it already is?"

She sounds like a raving scientist... But remember, she did all this by herself a few times. Seth, Tiao, and a small handful of others have witnessed this before. A thought process gaining traction. A logic making links. A reality gaining weight.

Valencia sighs.

"The most I've seen is something that can't be seen, and it's the most dangerous of all. Doubts. Fears. Things given more credibility than they should be, more weight than what we have around us, the things that keep us grounded. Depression."

More than a metaphor.

"Things like that are overwhelming, enough so that abstract thoughts like those are often personified in some form. Loops that run everything bear until the one thinking them can't take them anymore, unless they recondition themselves."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 19:56:14 GMT -6 »

He blinked.

"Wait, I'm confused now. Are you worried that I'm depressed?"

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 20:04:23 GMT -6 »

"HAHAHAHAAaa..."

Nervous laughter. Valencia backs off with her hands up.

"No no, that was an example. At most, you'd be the personification of something so important that reality is like 'shit, I'm out'."

Which sounds silly.

"I mean, I went into the void, and it was a place that wasn't. But, was a place because the ones who could perceive it did."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 20:10:42 GMT -6 »

He'd laugh with her, though not nervous. He was pleased to hear she didn't think he was depressed. He was pretty sure he wasn't.

"I dunno, I think if I went around saying I was so important that reality can't handle me my girlfriend and everyone would try and slap some sense into me. Rightfully so too!"

But it was an amusing thought to ponder.

"I dunno, I mean I figured I would just see if it was how I was opening my portals."

Though that was hard to explain since it was just natural to him. Like how his heart beat.

"What was the void like though? That sounds kind of cool. I've only been to the Nexus. I was trying to open up portals to other dimensions to see if I could before He showed up."

That had been less than fun.

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 2, 2016 20:18:59 GMT -6 »

"Very quiet, for a place known as the primordial chaos. When I was immortal, I was constantly plunging through its surface when I died and metaphorically resurfacing when I revived. It's super deep. Big. Feels absolutely limitless, like an endless ocean you're floating in. Nothing like the Nexus, with its sky and ground. I'm surprised I could see anything while I was there, if I was seeing at all."

Funnily enough...

"The only times I saw anything was when I was diving in to revive someone else."

And if Valentina's experiences were a clear enough memory...

"Saw someone floating around whom I wasn't trying to revive too. He was really smart to have caught on to what was happening around him."

Eric Phillips
Hero
Intelligence

Eric Phillips Avatar

A man of many hats

[send pm]

« Mar 4, 2016 21:45:39 GMT -6 »

"Someone was floating in it?"

๖ۣValencia Tiao
Hero
Miss Fortune

๖ۣValencia Tiao Avatar

Now what?

[send pm]

« Mar 5, 2016 1:44:20 GMT -6 »

"Yeah..."

Just remembering the experience was... Something. Valentina didn't know him too well, but Valencia would much later find the presence familiar...

"Jim."

Quick Reply