Author Topic: Checkup (Leif) (Read 1,200 times)
Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

In the Land of Gods and Monsters.

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 7, 2016 11:58:02 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Yeah, man. So am I."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 13, 2016 13:15:16 GMT -6 »

No doubt. Aaron felt worse and worse for involving her by the second, just because who the hell was he to think he had problems? Or at least to dump them on her lap? He didn't even have a brother, so he could only imagine the kind of pain losing a sibling left behind. Yet there he was, having probably torn the wound wide open.

"I didn't mean to bring back any bad memories."

She'd said to stop apologising for things, and it wasn't quite an apology, but he was still trying to be considerate.

Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 13, 2016 13:54:01 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Don't worry about it. I think about him all the time."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 13, 2016 14:17:59 GMT -6 »

"What was he like?"

There was genuine interest in his voice. After all, he barely knew anything about her, anything about Leif's world before he first saw her on that roof. If she decided she didn't want him prying, though, he would drop it.

Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 13, 2016 14:23:38 GMT -6 via mobile »

"Neil? He was the all American hero. Like, too good to be true, gotta be something wrong with him kind of kid. Balanced school, a job, and taking care of me, all without his grades slipping. Rarely ever got angry. Stuck up for the little guy."

She laughed quietly, then hid her face, trying to keep her pain hidden.

"He saw everything. Noticed everything. I want to be him. Always have. I think everybody did. If you want so badly to be a hero, emulate him."

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2016 14:23:59 GMT -6 by Leif Adamson » Back to Top  

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 15, 2016 22:15:08 GMT -6 »

He noticed the way she suddenly hid her face, the flash of pain, but didn't say anything, because she didn't look like she wanted him prying. He smiled at her instead, gently, as he listened to her talk about her brother, a smile that said he knew and cared that she seemed to be hurting, but wouldn't dig around without her inviting him to. That he was there to listen if she felt like she needed him to. He knew sometimes people needed a little space. Even though, just like whenever Sarah told him her problems, or that day on the roof when she gave him her entire backstory, he kind of wanted to just go up to Leif and hug her and somehow make everything better.

"He sounds like exactly the kind of guy I've been trying to be."

He thought he'd been like that, wanted to get back to it, but he'd fallen so far he couldn't even see the path any more through all the trees. Funny, how he'd been trying to follow in the footsteps of someone he'd never even heard of before now. Neil sounded like he and Aaron would've been great friends. Though, who knows. Aaron had been showing he didn't deserve friendship, lately.

This had sidetracked him, though. He'd meant to get out of her hair.

"I have to get ready, and like I said, you could probably use some rest. But hey, you've done a lot for me and I'd like to return the favour. If you ever need anything, even if it's just somebody to listen to stuff now and then, you can hit me up if you want, okay? Hope it's not weird to offer, guess I figured I'd put it on the table for you."

Leif Adamson
Agent

Leif Adamson Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 15, 2016 22:18:36 GMT -6 via mobile »

She offered him a silent salute from the ground.

"See you in Syria."

Aaron Silverman
Legend
Defense

Aaron Silverman Avatar

[send pm]

Checkup (Leif)
« Mar 15, 2016 22:22:19 GMT -6 »

For however long before he could convince people to send him into Turkey, at least. And then, open question if he came back. He didn't go into that, though, just giving her a sunny smile - well, the closest to it he could manage - and a short wave.

"You too. We'll do great, I'm sure."

Offering a last nod, he would walk off, hands in pockets, expression going dark, serious and thoughtful again as soon as Leif couldn't see.

Quick Reply