Author Topic: Who's the other half? (Open) (Read 1,441 times)
Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

Who's the other half? (Open)
« Jan 20, 2017 20:31:19 GMT -6 »

((Set in a very ambiguous timeline. Just some point where people might be back from Europe briefly. Either at the motel or new apartment, we don't have to specify...))

"It's about what you expected." Eliott says, holding her phone to her ear as she lounges around on the couch.
"It's all European. Mostly English, just like mom. And there's Dutch." she sighs, reading over a paper filled with information on her Ancestry. Really, why her mothers wanted her to take it is beyond her. They BOTH did it, so they know what their ancestry is. Just take the same info from the one who gave birth to her and they're pretty much set, aren't they?

"I'm telling you that's what is says." she frowns as the woman on the other line urges her to read the entire thing. Almost like it's a hint.

"Ugh okay, hold on...it's...oh." Eliott's brows furrow as she keeps reading.

"Japanese? Is this a joke?"

Eliott listens to her mother start talking about how they didn't know much about the 'donor' they used other than the fact he was selected for his intelligence, but they thought it would be a fun way to surprise her about half her heritage.

"So...what? Instead of someone that looks like mom you just picked a smart Asian guy?" she huffs, though that would explain why she felt so different from the both of them. Yeah she was a scaredy cat like one mom, and ambitious and good with machines like the other...but they were both very calm, very...average...women. So. If she had to guess, her 'biological dad' must be an extremely smart, no-nonsense type of man. Otherwise she's not sure where she gets her temperament.

"You're right, this has been sooo exciting." she says sarcastically, rolling her eyes a bit.

"I love you too mother, next time feel free to just tell me instead of making me spit in cups for one hundred bucks."

A second later and she tuns off her phone.

"Hmph. Surprise. What a stupid surprise. One hundred dollars for that? They could have given me something useful for that much." she complains to herself.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

I don't need you to believe in me

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 20:52:27 GMT -6 »

Mike had just been sitting quietly on the other side of the room, trying to read, though he'd been stuck on the same page for the last ten minutes. His mind just wandering off after a few sentences. Fluttering off wondering if everyone was alright, if this was how they were going to end up? What was going to happen with the Empire with Paradigm in disarray.

It didn't exactly fill him with dread or despair so much as he just felt lost. He was lacking direction in pretty much every sense. What drew him out of his head was hearing Eliott say something about spitting into cups for a hundred bucks! That made him blink in confusion.

"Someone paid you one hundred dollars to spit in a cup!?"

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 20:56:14 GMT -6 »

Mark is doing pushups in the corner, somewhat listening to the conversation.

Was spitting in cups for money something that people did? Apparently.

He stands up, brushing himself off before walking over, interested in the conversation!

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:02:40 GMT -6 »

Of all things ot walk in on, it was the fact that someone apparently got paid a hundred dollars to spit in a cup. At this point, Averie wasn't sure if that was a city thing, or a Paradigm one.

"Someone paid you a hundred bucks to spit in a cup?" Technically it was a question. Techinically. The flat disbelief made it seem like a statement as she came into the room, bright colors and all, shutting it with her hip.

Well, two of the three people in the room, she could see someone paying for.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:16:18 GMT -6 »

Eliott stares at the ceiling in annoyance for a few more seconds as she just...lets it sink in that she lives with a bunch of idiots.

She turns to see Mark and Mike first, which wasn't a big fucking surprise there. Mark's obvious interest meant he totally believed Mike's statement which made them both fucking numbskulls. But hey, apparently idiocy has a formula. Four letter names that start with M.

The girl? I mean it's probably the bleach in her case.

"I hate this." she mumbles under her breath, sitting up and squinting at them all in disdain.

"NO ONE PAID ME TO SPIT IN A CUP." she says, loudly as usual.

"It's the price of these stupid Ancestry things. And they send you a package to check your DNA which involves spitting in a cup. A lot."

It was gross. She looks grossed out remembering.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:20:54 GMT -6 »

Mike seemed a little relieved to hear that. He thought she was doing some weird sex thing to get money. Which after what he heard Josh wanted to have them all do, well it seemed like it would fit right in. It was reassuring to hear Eliott hadn't been pressured by him!

"Can't they just use blood though?"

And why did she need to know her ancestry? It's not like it was for a project or anything since Paradigm was destroyed. Plus it would be pretty dumb to pay one hundred bucks for a project. He assumed Eliott was smarter than that.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:22:19 GMT -6 »

"What did you learn of your DNA?"

Mark tilts his head, confused.

"Are you more special than we thought?"

He means special in a good way.

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:26:27 GMT -6 »

"Glad to know it's not some weird kink I'm going to walk in to." But hey, whatever worked for them. And seriously, grossed out over that? Please don't be a primma donna. She couldn't stomach those kinds. Spit was spit.

Averie made herself comfortable in a nearby chair with a careless flop as the conversation continued, snickering at the phrasing from the big guy doing pushups. It may have meant to be a compliment, but phrasing? It's a thing. And she didn't bother to hide.

"Oh yes, do go on." The exciting adventures of spit girl and co. This was going to be interesting.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:34:01 GMT -6 »

"Why would puncturing my skin and bleeding into a cup be any better?"

Like jesus.

Her attention turns to Mark, and part of her wants to be insulted but...she knows how he is. It's just not easy when Averie finds it so funny.

"Nothing like that." she says through clenched teeth, before sighing through her nose to try and calm down.

"My mothers thought it would be fun to let me know more about the other half of me, so to speak. Since I was a 'test tube baby' as they say, I have no knowledge of the man who is biologically my father. So. He's Japanese. You're all caught up."

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:36:47 GMT -6 »

"You don't know your Dad?"

And apparently she had Mothers? Like.... more than one?

"I'm sorry, that's gotta suck."

Now he felt bad for her. Not knowing your parents had to be really lonely and confusing.

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:39:01 GMT -6 »

Oh.

Not knowing your dad must be something to be sympathetic about.

Hm...

Mark frowns thoughtfully.

"....we should find your father."

There we go. He's thoughtful!

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:44:07 GMT -6 »

Well that was a boatload of infomation. Averie enjoys the frustaion on the other's girl's face, but she does seem a bit interested in what she had to say. Right up until the fact that big reveal happened. All that to find out so little?

"All of that for that? Seriously?" She makes herself more comfortable, by draping her legs over the arm of the chair, not commenting on the lack of father thing.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:48:25 GMT -6 »

Averie gets a 'what can I say?' type of shrug, before Eliott looks from Mark to Mike with a grimace.

"Oh. No, no. Stop riiight there! I've never once wondered about who my father is, alright?!"

STOP PITYING HER THIS INSTANT.

"He has NO obligation to be in my life, and I am perfectly happy with two parents."

Seriously.

"He's just a donor. I can't just show up and be like 'HI I AM TECHNICALLY YOUR DAUGHTER!'"

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:49:51 GMT -6 »

"Why not? You are his daughter. Why wouldn't he want to see you?"

Blood was thicker than water! Or... spit...

« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017 21:50:03 GMT -6 by Mike Daniels » Back to Top  

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 21:51:06 GMT -6 »

"Are you afraid of this man?"

Mark asks with a bit of a frown.

"I will protect you."

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:00:49 GMT -6 »

"Maybe he doesn't even know about her," Averie points out, super helpful. She snorted and sat upright, leaning foward a little as she spoke.

"You're assuming he wants to find, or she-" she jabbed a finger at Elliot "-wants to meet him. I don't see her life falling down around her than either of you." She paused and smirked as her hand fell back to her side, resting her forearms on her legs.

"Buuuut I could be wrong. Only one way to find out, right?" The discomfort coming from the other girl was the best thing to happen all day.

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:08:06 GMT -6 »

"AUUUGGGHHH!"

This was so painful.

"Like the Smurf said, I don't think he knows I even exist! It's not about wanting to see me, it's about not dumping yourself on someone who didn't sign up for a kid! He probably donated for the sake of people like my moms who really wanted a kid but biologically could not achieve that together! AND MAYBE I AM PRETTY FUCKING SCARED."

Aw shit she's screaming her honest opinion again.

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:10:48 GMT -6 »

He'd look to Mark, and then to Averie before looking back at Eliott when she finished screaming. Setting down his book he'd nod like something had just been decided.

"I'll protect you too then."

With both him and Mark she was sure to be fine!

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:15:23 GMT -6 »

"You have nothing to fear."

Mark nods!

"If I am unable to defeat him, at the very least he will be able to flee with you."

He points at Mike!

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:19:20 GMT -6 »

Smurf? Cute. This one was creative. Averie lets the boys pledge their allegiance to protecting the girl from the big scary maybes of the world. Not that meeting the man who basically made her without knowing wasn't intimidating. Looks like she wanted to, after all. Waste of words.

Awww, look at the princess and her knight protectors. It's enough to give Averie cavities and a knot in her stomach.

"Anthing else to go off of?"

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:24:41 GMT -6 »

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FIGHT HIM!" What the hell!?

"I'M SCARED OF WHAT HE'LL THINK. I'd...have expectations if I donated my my DNA to make a new person. Even if I never intended to meet them." she mumbles, looking at Averie with furrowed brows.

"Not really. Very high IQ, Japanese and I think...his name is something like Hyde?"

Completely mispronouncing that.

Also why is she going along with this like they're actually going to find him!?

Mike Daniels
Mentor
Defense

Mike Daniels Avatar

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:28:59 GMT -6 »

"You... Are afraid he will be disappointed in you?"

That was mind boggling, she was easily the smartest person he knew, plus she was part of Paradigm. Who wouldn't be proud to have her as a daughter?

Mark Rydell
Mentor
Intelligence

Mark Rydell Avatar

I'd rip you apart.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:31:31 GMT -6 »

"You have nothing to be afraid of."

Mark has nothing but good things to say about Eliott!

Averie Gilmen
Student

Averie Gilmen Avatar

Bored now.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:35:02 GMT -6 »

It's a glorious mispronunciation. Still, while the boys support Elliot, Averie just nods with a thoughtful hum.

"Sounds legit. High standards means you really don't know what you're asking for." She gives the other a critical once over. Not anything she'd rush to write home about, but not as bad as Eyebrows, either.

"So you get going and find out for yourself, or you run away and never know."

Eliott Knight
Mentor
Intelligence

Eliott Knight Avatar

Go away.

[send pm]

« Jan 20, 2017 22:40:48 GMT -6 »

"I wouldn't call it running away. More like staying where I am..."

Where it's safe. And everything is the same.

"And yes, disappointed. Or just not impressed. Shut up! Stop making me reveal things!"

Ugh. But admittedly, all this talking about it WAS making her curious, now. Just who is that man? Maybe he was something to aspire to. Wealthy. Or respectable and successful. Maybe he owns a business.

"Ahhhhh!!!! I don't even know how to look!"

Quick Reply